The We Love Gen 4 Render Thread

Comments

• RosemaryrRosemaryr Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

PhilW and chohole: Thanks!

I *did* have many of these available in MD format, but with their (MD) site remodel, the freebie area is not currently available. *sigh*

I may have to make them available again in that format for those that have MD, and post them along with those other of my historical items which are in obj format, or as Poser (dynamic) prop clothing, over at ShareCQ:
    http://sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Rosemaryr

I'm currently putting together the peplos dress (and a long-sleeved variant of it) that I used in the "Columbia Pictures" inspired pic, for upload as a Poser item. That one should be tested and ready by the end of the week.
    Unfortunately, I have found that even though the obj/props are usable in Poser's cloth room as dynamic, that they just don't seem to have the same fluidity that MD gives it's cloth. I've been greatly spoiled by MD's ease of use.

PhilW: The textures, I can't claim credit for. Most are either purchased, other people's freebies, or adaptations of pretty ordinary designs just made into tile-able images. A close look shows that I'm no texture artist... just fairly good at achieving the overall imagery.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2013

Have bookmarked that thanks. Will keep an eye on it, to see what else turns up. :coolsmile:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

10000!!! Congrats Cho

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969
    8255923885_ef3859dd5f_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 368K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 209K
    edited December 1969
    640 x 341 - 98K
  • Night Owl 3DNight Owl 3D Posts: 113
    edited July 2013

One I did a while back.

nightflight2Zoom.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 125K
    Post edited by Night Owl 3D on
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

I want all of Rosemaryr's clothes too! They're beautiful.

Some new-ish/redo-ish Gen4 stuff ( including a scarier-looking mermaid than Chohole's :) )

I'm just now getting around to playing with all those Capsces Digital Ink morphs sets I've bought, as well as a few others. The CDI sets are fantastic!

Comfort.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 459K
    Aquariel.jpg
    930 x 1400 - 785K
    Aine+Friend.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 534K
    Sieur-Geraint-03.jpg
    1005 x 850 - 465K
    Sieur-Geraint-02.jpg
    1100 x 550 - 410K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited July 2013

Post edited by DireBunny on
    edited December 1969

mmalbert said:
    I want all of Rosemaryr's clothes too! They're beautiful.

Some new-ish/redo-ish Gen4 stuff ( including a scarier-looking mermaid than Chohole's :) )

I'm just now getting around to playing with all those Capsces Digital Ink morphs sets I've bought, as well as a few others. The CDI sets are fantastic!

I like your mermaid. Mine may look pretty, but M4 had better not go over to investigate that shell she is hiding in. :coolgrin:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

Rosemaryr said:
    And a few more. All V4 and M4... my favorite duo.

...those are all beautiful. All the clothing was done in MD? I have to get that going on my new workstation (have the latest update)

Still keep expecting to see the torch in "Columbia's" hand though.

edited December 1969

My latest M4 render....

...was he just done with morphs and scaling? That is excellent.
    edited December 1969

...just a few. :) Sadly some of my favorites are quite recent, and of as-yet-unreleased items, so they're in the sekrit vault.

WOW... what character did you use in the second pic?
    ...she looks so real. The hair is incredible.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    My latest M4 render....

...was he just done with morphs and scaling? That is excellent.

for the most part yes, he is like 99% morphs and scaling. I did use the morph tool just to tweak a few things in the face, mostly to get some more detain in the nose and to adjust the shape of the forehead... very slightly. There is very little post work at all, the fire was added, and a couple photo-filters used but for the most part it looks pretty much as it was rendered.

Now remember in Poser Pro 2014 they have added Pixar's subdivision. This is a really kool thing for those that like to do really extreme morphs. There are 2 settings to the subdivision, preview and render. If you up the sub d on preview it adds the sub d right now, so the figures are sub divided while you are working on them, If you plan on using the morph tool or soft body dynamics then setting the preview sub d to 1 or 2 is a good idea. preview mode sub d does slow the system down a lot and i don't recommend settings higher than 2. It will let you go as high as 8 and i have no idea why, 1 is usually plenty, 2 is some times needed for really extreme morphs, anything higher and you are really just slowing down your system for no reason. Now if you plan on just using stock dial spun morphs, nothing too extreme, i would leave the preview sub d off and just set the render slider to 1 or 2. This keeps the polys low while you are working and just adds the sub d just before you render.

the other nice thing about the sub d is it figure specific, so you can use it on your main characters but leave background characters low poly.

the other kool thing in 2014 is the copy morphs feature. What i did on the the dwarf is once i had him scaled and morphed, i copied his morphs to the clothes so that they all fit properly. I didn't need to use the fitting room or anything, just morph the figure, copy the morphs to the clothes and then conform them and everything fit. The main reason i did the Dwarf was to test out how well that method worked on the Knight Champion armor. You can see the results. There were a few unexpected results, mostly in the gauntlets, but in the end i decided i liked how they turned out so i kept them that way.

So yeah, if you really like doing extreme characters with the Gen 4 figures, Poser Pro 2014 is a dream.

edited December 1969
    9356849049_a66d74be0d_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 75K
    edited December 1969

...alas, being out of work the best I have is 2012. Daz 4.6 is supposed to have Sub_D but haven't been able to find where it's hidden.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...alas, being out of work the best I have is 2012. Daz 4.6 is supposed to have Sub_D but haven't been able to find where it's hidden.

Select the item you want to edit then click Edit -> Figure -> Geometry -> Convert to SubD.
  • ShanarahShanarah Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

I'm still using DS3 and Gen 4 almost exclusively. Here's a couple of my most recent renders with V4 and M4.

alistair001-3.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 257K
    crosschar-avrae.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 593K
    edited July 2013

edited December 1969

got playing around with M4 .....

Gangster.jpg
    1070 x 1079 - 120K
  • ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Just wanna quick share my love for V4! ( I will always have love for V4 :) )

there are many beautiful artworks here, and i like very much yours, too !
    I appreciate, your very nice Eve scene .

Cheers

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

I've been making my own morphs and modifying textures to suit lately. Here is one of my home made V4 characters. This was base V4-weight mapped- I exported to Zbrush to make the morphs and displacement maps. I was inspired by my pet Bearded Dragon and a Chameleon at the local pet store. :-)

GreenCute4.jpg
    801 x 801 - 97K
    edited July 2013

Never mind sorry nothing to see here

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

run Uncle Albert, run

kwipBooth.jpg
    700 x 650 - 193K
    edited December 1969

Made a new fairy image today.

woodland_pool_6.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 823K
  • NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

This is a terrific thread. Here's two of my favorite Gen 4 renders.

I did this first one just after I got the DreamLight Light Master Training Program. I thought I was understanding things sufficiently well enough, until I started this render. My lighting still wasn't doing what I wanted, so, in a desperate measure, I followed the links, into the Dream Light Club, and met three of the nicest people you'd want to meet. Pete, Miss B, and Robert. They were very patient with me fighting through all of my trials and errors.

This next one was one I made before I bought Light Master. Shadowhawkone is a friend that I made here, that I picked back up over at DeviantArt. He had been working on textures for the V4 Bodysuit, and I was testing them for him in Studio. As a thank you, I made this render for him to show how awesome his textures were. He loved it.

Good_vs_Bad_Over_Anytown_USA_Complete_800x600.jpg
    800 x 600 - 144K
    Freeze_by_NV_Oracle_2_complete.jpg
    800 x 850 - 59K
    edited December 1969

My latest M4 render....

Popeye.jpg
    830 x 864 - 82K
    edited December 1969

...OK I want to know how you did that. Looks great.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

My latest M4 render....

All that's missing is a bundle of wet spinach coming up from the pipe. Nice job.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK I want to know how you did that. Looks great.

a lot of dial spinning, and i been playing with Poser Pro 2014's morph tool