36th Daz3D Bryce Render challenge. The theme is ~#~ "Wanderlust" ~#~

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109

mtnmen - sweet Hänsel und Gretel scene, beautifully done.

akmerlow - cool idea, very nicely done.

ed3D - interesting idea and well done.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited August 2019

I believe the contest will close soon. May I aske for 3 additional hours, please? I will upload my picture not later than 3 o'clock CET. Thanks.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,987

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Mtnmen - awesome Hansel and Gretel image.

Akmerlow - superb render, very good idea.

Ed3D - cool idea, nicely done.

edited August 2019
    Hansmar said:

Mermaid: great modelling on the Pisa tower and wonderful idea too. I could imagine it would be even more interesting if the models were e.g. on a small earth globe.

I've been trying that for weeks  even tried the Fisheye lens sad, and then settled with a simple image. wink

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited August 2019

deleted... double post

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

hansmar,adbc, horo, mermaid010, thanks for the comments
    @adbc... Walking to Another World... very cool imagemermaid010.. Wonder Struck. I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud... really great modeling
    @akmerlow... Wanderer's Corner... very nice representation of memories from travel
    @ed3d... The Traveler's Feet... very interesting ... a podiatrist's dream

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited August 2019

Here is my entry. It is called "Wandering on the Ant Trail". Thanks for waiting.

The logs are from sharecg.com created by nergal83 and are available in Bryce obp format.

Wandering on the Ant Trail

wanderlust.jpg
    1000 x 768 - 834K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,109

electro-elvis - great idea, very beautiful render.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Here is my entry. It is called "Wandering on the Ant Trail". Thanks for waiting.

The logs are from sharecg.com created by nergal83 and are available in Bryce obp format.

Went to Share CG,,    that person sure has some interesting props  https://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=nergal83&division_id=5&s=dd&pn=4

Electro-Elvis - excellent idea and render.

@electro-elvis... Wandering on the Ant Trail... Great image... reminds me of the ant invasion we have had the last few weeks... every year about this time... They are diligent

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,976
    edited August 2019

Electro-Elvis :   well done _good idea

_Also in  travelers' feet  _ it's an Backscratcher

Thanx for all the comments  _heart

Post edited by ed3D on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2019

Very futuristic, Dan.

Yes, AdBc..certainly another world...love the in-between nature of a transparent figure caught, perhaps, in time.

Mermaid..such iconic structures (Horo, got in with the Pisa joke, so will avoid)...I bet Wordsworth would be clouded over...cheeky

Ah yes, Hansel and Gretal...they were so gullible, but the witch was no match in the end, Mtnmen.

Akmerlow...very original...looks like each box concerns a moment in time.

Ed3D...I bet you've been on many-a-walk in hills and mountains like myself (and Horo, too, I'd guess)...always a pleasure to throw off the walking boots, and simply massage the feet.

Oh yeah, Elvis...ants...it's a perfect scene (the flying types are being born as I write, but the swallows are picking them off at height).

Thanks, Chohole for the Nergal83 link...some very nice freebies there...will defintely use them in the near future.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,095

mtnmen, Jamahoney : thank you.

Electro-Elvis : very cool idea, well done !

I think that this Challenge is ended now

Thanks Jay

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Dan, adbc, Mermaid, mtnmen, akmerlow, ed3d and electro Elvis:

Beautiful entries, all are different and fantastic.

Good luck to you all

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,976
    edited August 2019
    Jamahoney said:
    Ed3D...I bet you've been on many-a-walk in hills and mountains like myself (and Horo, too, I'd guess)...always a pleasure to throw off the walking boots, and simply massage the feet.

Jay

_yeah,  and  _Also  in the challenge description  

_ Do you just get itchy feet ??_  

Post edited by ed3D on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

reaaly great renders everyone, best of luck to all :)

• Again a lot of excellent pictures!

@adbc, Jamahoney, ed3D, mntmen, mermaid010, Horo: Thank you.
    @Jamahoney: The life of a flying ant is rather rough.
    @mntmen: We have a little ant invasion on our balcony for the first time. I just hope they do not discover the sugar stores in our flat :-)

What does anyone/everyone think about   That Way madness Lies   as  possible theme for the next challenge

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Looks like, Pam, your and other imagination members, I suspect, can reach any titles posed. A positive yes, at my end anyway.

Jay

Good one... thanks
    edited August 2019

Interesting idea/theme, endless possibilities.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    Chohole said:

What does anyone/everyone think about   That Way madness Lies   as  possible theme for the next challenge

Works for me.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Chohole said:

I did not quite understand what this expression means, since I am not a native speaker of English.
    However, I suspect that in order to complete this contest it is necessary to use third-party programs (DAZ Studio, Poser, etc.). I do not currently use these programs. So, the competition is closed for me.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,755
    Chohole said:

Very interesting theme.

For Slepalex: I do not know the expression either. However, I suspect any render that could have any relation with being or becoming mad can be good. So a render of a psychiatry ward or a landscape that is very strange and might make you mad or whatever you think. I think you can make a nice landscape or still-life that would fit the theme perfectly. Just try to associate pictures with madness (without people, to prevent the need for other programs).

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    Slepalex said:

I did not quite understand what this expression means, since I am not a native speaker of English.
    However, I suspect that in order to complete this contest it is necessary to use third-party programs (DAZ Studio, Poser, etc.). I do not currently use these programs. So, the competition is closed for me.

You can use Bryce, you don't need any third party programs.   This randomly-Googled link may help with the origin and meaning of the phrase: https://literarydevices.net/that-way-madness-lies/ .  

@slepalex... I agree with Hansmar... there is so much madness all around us... all we have to do is look to see it... for example (in my opinion) it is total madness for the Amazon Jungle to be destroyed so that some Corporation can make a profit... Total Madness... decimating a forest or meadow to put up a concrete parking lot for yet another shopping center... totally crazy!  Then there is the melting of glaciers and ice shelves....due to the interferrence of Man... I have been in awe of several of your landscapes... I can see you coming up with another image to stun us...