Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.12.2.60! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• evilcho_evilcho_ Posts: 79
    evilcho_ said:

I see that the top menus are all scrambled. Can I somehow get them back to the way they were?

Please provide a screenshot.

And the sub ones are also very different. I am used to the ones before.

• EBF2003EBF2003 Posts: 28
    edited August 2019

nevermind link was already posted delete

Post edited by EBF2003 on
  • evilcho_ said:
    evilcho_ said:

I see that the top menus are all scrambled. Can I somehow get them back to the way they were?

Try Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus

evilcho_ said:
    evilcho_ said:

It worked great! Thank you so much!!!! Was I using some outdated menus then?

• evilcho_ said:
    evilcho_ said:
    evilcho_ said:

Glad it worked. Not necessarily, something could have just gone wonky.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited August 2019

Dragons

My first Daz Studio12   Animated demo completely keyframed in daz & rendered in Iray. 

content used is on the description on the films page https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuInKHxBf3k

click pic to play

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

Dragons

My first Daz Studio12   Animated demo completely keyframed in daz & rendered in Iray. 

content used is on the description on the films page https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuInKHxBf3k

click pic to play

Cool! How long did that take you?

edited August 2019

5 days  there is 19 scenes 19,785 keyframes   that is including the 12 crashes I had to recover using  the png folder i make as a back up .  I am still learning the beta versions do's and don't so most of those crashes were properly my fault.  I am making daz12 my default studio now   this version is a rocket and a blast to work with. .. thanks guys  , I got some great animations planned.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • evilcho_ said:
    evilcho_ said:
    evilcho_ said:

One possibility is that soemthing interfered with the shut-down process, causing the interface files to be missing or garbled. If you make chnages to the UI (panes open, placement of panes) do they stick next time you open DS?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Ivy said:

5 days  there is 19 scenes 19,785 keyframes   that is including the 12 crashes I had to recover using  the png folder i make as a back up .  I am still learning the beta versions do's and don't so most of those crashes were properly my fault.  I am making daz12 my default studio now   this version is a rocket and a blast to work with. .. thanks guys  , I got some great animations planned.

Nice job.

I don't animate, but am using 4.12 as main. It is stable, favourites are fixed and it renders a decent amount quicker than 4.11 on my 980ti.

I've not tried the latest release; moving house tomorrow (presuming no one throws monumentally irritating spanner in the works), so will see then. No internet connection for a few days! might log in with phone, but won't be buying via phone, I don't trust it enough for that.

@nicstt Thanks , and good luck with the move . I hope it goes smoothly ,

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited August 2019

I'm having a problem with the Daz Studio 4.12.0.47 progress window scroll bar. It never starts scrolling automatically for me. If I drag the indicator it to the bottom of the scroll bar, it continues scrolling properly until the render finishes. CS says they can't replicate the problem. Does anybody else see this?

(4.11.0.383 automatically starts scrolling just fine, just as 4.10 and prior versions did. It is only 4.12 that is problematic for me.)

Screenshot 2019-08-04 16.02.32 DS 4.12.0.42.png
    356 x 354 - 21K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • I've not experienced it myself.

History.jpg
    352 x 349 - 33K

I've not experienced it myself.

I wonder what could be different about my system that causes 4.11. to scroll, but 4.12 does not. I used the script in the samples to copy the interface from one build environment to the other, so theroretically, I should be running the same workspace, etc.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,370
    edited August 2019

4.12.0.47 has been very stable so far. And fast (exceot select allsad)!

Thanks, Daz team!

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • AnitaLeeAnitaLee Posts: 40
    edited August 2019

Not happy with timeline tab

Post edited by AnitaLee on
    edited August 2019

I've not experienced it myself.

I've pinned the scrolling problem down a little more. If I create an empty scene and add Alexandra 8, when I render in 4.12.0.47, the render progress scrolls automatically. But if I create a blank scene and load Kala 8, the render progress does not scroll automatically. For me, this scenario is very repeatable. I can even load plain old G8F, and if I put Kala 8 materials on her, the progress bar will not scroll. @DoctorJellybean Can you replicate that?

Edit: In both cases the render uses my 980Ti GPU and the scenes appear to render just fine. It is just the scrollbar that is the mysterious issue for me.

Post edited by barbult on
  • VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 547
    edited August 2019
    barbult said:

I'm having a problem with the Daz Studio 4.12.0.47 progress window scroll bar. It never starts scrolling automatically for me. If I drag the indicator it to the bottom of the scroll bar, it continues scrolling properly until the render finishes. CS says they can't replicate the problem. Does anybody else see this?

(4.11.0.383 automatically starts scrolling just fine, just as 4.10 and prior versions did. It is only 4.12 that is problematic for me.)

I'm also having this issue.

Thanks, Daz team!

"Select All" still gives you issues with .47? Interesting. That issue has been solved for me with this beta.

Post edited by Visuimag on
  • @barbult & @visuimag: has the render actually started? I tried Kala 8, it scrolls for me.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited August 2019

...well went to start on rebuilding a new character after making a few minor modifications on another as well as running a render test (which indeed was faster).  No sooner than when I loaded in the new base figure after closing out the last scene and it was "crash city".  Only installed the 4.12 beta late this afternoon and it was running for about an hour when it happened. 

I believe the 4.11 beta crashed to the desktop maybe two or three times since I originally installed it.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    evilcho_ said:
    evilcho_ said:
    evilcho_ said:

One possibility is that soemthing interfered with the shut-down process, causing the interface files to be missing or garbled. If you make chnages to the UI (panes open, placement of panes) do they stick next time you open DS?

They usually do, yeah. But sometimes they do get scrambled. I don't really understand the reason. I just updated from 4.11 to 4.12 beta version and this happened to the top menus. I never had that problem there before.

@barbult & @visuimag: has the render actually started? I tried Kala 8, it scrolls for me.

Yes, the render has started. I can see the image clearly in the render window. In fact, it can run to 90% completion without moving the scroll bar or updating the progress list at all. The time and the progress percentage do update. In the attached test scene, I let it run without touching the scroll bar. At about 5 Minutes and 90%, the window content started to update and show itteration counts from the beginning of the render. I never saw the scroll bar move, though. It was like updating the window was very very delayed.

duf
    duf
    Kala 8 no scroll.duf
    Screenshot 2019-08-08 08.05.37.png
    356 x 354 - 22K
    Screenshot 2019-08-08 08.05.52.png
    356 x 354 - 19K
    Screenshot 2019-08-08 08.07.27.png
    356 x 354 - 18K
  • I tried your supplied scene, and it scrolled for me.

I tried your supplied scene, and it scrolled for me.

My graphics card is 980Ti and my driver version is 431.60. I am on Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1803. Do you have any idea what difference you have that would cause yours to scroll and mine not to?

Visuimag said:
    barbult said:

I'm also having this issue.

Thanks, Daz team!

"Select All" still gives you issues with .47? Interesting. That issue has been solved for me with this beta.

@Visuimag In your screenshot, your scroll bar seems to have moved down a tiny bit. Mine is stuck completely at the top. If you let it run longer, does it move further? Mine never visually moves (that I can detect), but at about 90% completion, I finally got some iterations showing in the list area of the window.

• barbult said:

My graphics card is 980Ti and my driver version is 431.60. I am on Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1803. Do you have any idea what difference you have that would cause yours to scroll and mine not to?

GeForce 1080 Ti with Studio driver 431.70, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1903

barbult said:

GeForce 1080 Ti with Studio driver 431.70, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1903

So everthing is different! laugh

• LOL.

What happens when you toggle the History button during the render? I very rarely have mine "opened" all the time.

LOL.

What happens when you toggle the History button during the render? I very rarely have mine "opened" all the time.

Hey! That made it scroll, just like when I drag the slider down myself to make it scroll. I always leave the History open. When I start a render, the progress dialog opens with the history open. What happens for you if you leave the history open, cancel the render and start a new render? Does it start with the history open? Does it scroll, or not scroll (like mine).

• barbult said:

LOL.

Hey! That made it scroll, just like when I drag the slider down myself to make it scroll. I always leave the History open. When I start a render, the progress dialog opens with the history open. What happens for you if you leave the history open, cancel the render and start a new render? Does it start with the history open? Does it scroll, or not scroll (like mine).

It scrolls, tried it 3 times in a row.