Brow Remover (Commercial)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,178
    Zev0 said:

No. It is a mission to decrypt the product as I no longer have the source files. There is a way apparently, but it is complicated. If I do get it right I will let you know.

Thanks for your quick response. That sounds like an interesting and useful mission. It is not critical, because the product still works fine, as long as the user notices that it comes up with the wrong default and remembers to change it.

• I've selected the model and it's face surface, upload the script, and I get an error.

Viewport.JPG
    1422 x 882 - 137K
    Error.JPG
    1424 x 882 - 100K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

Hmmm...That isnt the product script. The products script should look like this (see attachment). Can you show me the script icon you are clicking on?

Capture.PNG
    1908 x 934 - 770K
  • I clicked Crtl and O at once and opened the Brow Remover.dse script.

File.JPG
    1158 x 867 - 87K
    edited December 2018

By clicking on that via your OS browser you are opening a new session of Studio. Please open the script from within studio with your figure selected, and not via your OS browser.

Capture.PNG
    1097 x 724 - 97K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

By clicking on that via your OS browser you are opening a new session of Studio. Please open the script from within studio with your figure selected, and not via your OS browser.

Thank you.

• Aldi07Aldi07 Posts: 20

Hey there, I tried your product on the default Ophelia 7 Genesis 3 Figure and Settings. Here I get a very strange Result. The Face texture slightly changed and the shadows are now are like blocks. I tried different settings, but in the end there're no changes. Please see the screenshot in compare with the normal Figure in Iray. I hope, that I just overlook something because I'm, at all new to the 3d World. Left Original Right after using Brow Remover. My guess would be an Error, because of the recent Update to Daz 4.11.

Error Display.PNG
    1318 x 684 - 501K
    edited June 2019

Hi. Is that rendered or a viewport shot? That blockyness is a result of your light hitting the figure. Maybe its render settings is different on the second mesh? The product works fine. I just tested in 4.11

Capture.PNG
    1491 x 871 - 1M
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Aldi07Aldi07 Posts: 20

Hey Zev0. Thank you for your quick answer. My sample Picture is just a Viewport Screen Shot. The blocky Shadows are gone. But the slightly off Texture on the Head compare to the Body, is still there, but maybe this is my Imagination. I did a complete new Render, Set every Setting I could think of to default, just hitting both Subdivison Levels on the Figure to Max. Please see the new File.

error redone1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 885K
  • alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited July 2019

I'm getting the same issue and the face is darker than the rest of the body.  When I first started using Daz 4.11 I wasn't having this issue. It started all of a sudden.

AG-000.png
    1205 x 1205 - 1M
    Post edited by alken on
    edited July 2019

I will look into this. I was not able to duplicate the issue. @ Alken what skinset is that?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 575
    alken said:

I'm getting the same issue and the face is darker than the rest of the body.  When I first started using Daz 4.11 I wasn't having this issue. It started all of a sudden.

If you compare the face surface settings to the torso surface, are to translucency values the same?

Yes, the translucency values are the same for the torso and face after Brow Remover is used.  I noticed the issue doesn't occur with Mousso's skins. The example I provided above was Aurora G8F by Kayleyss.  It also happens on other skins, like Sabby's and Emrys' and others.

Could it be a gamma problem?

I will have to see what 4.11 did to it.....My main concern is I cannot update the product...........So if this is a widespread issue there will have to be a quickfix or something.....

Did you have LIE makeup or diffuse overlay makeup applied when you ran Brow Remover? Did you save a material preset or just exit Brow Remover and render? I can reproduce this problem if I apply LIE makeup, run brow remover and don't save a materials preset. I think maybe Daz Studio gets confused about the temp files. This is what I did:

I experimented with Tao HD for Mrs. Chow. [She is already browless, so it wasn't necessary to remove her brows, but this was an Emrys character I owned, so I tried it.]

Experiment 1

• Load Tao
    • Apply Tao Makeup LIE Blusher
    • Run Brow Remover and exit without saving a material preset
    • Render
    • Result, face skin renders too dark

Experiment 2

• Load Tao
    • Apply Tao Makeup LIE Blusher
    • Run Brow Remover and save a material preset
    • Render
    • Result, face skin renders correctly

Barbult,  thanks for experimenting with this.  I was not using any LIE or diffuse makeups while using Brow Remover, but I also have not been saving presets, because the script should work using the temp folder while I'm in that session (Mousso's skins work fine in the session without saving presets).  I did try saving one of the 'problem' skins as a no brows preset and it does render correctly. 

alken said:

Barbult,  thanks for experimenting with this.  I was not using any LIE or diffuse makeups while using Brow Remover, but I also have not been saving presets, because the script should work using the temp folder while I'm in that session (Mousso's skins work fine in the session without saving presets).  I did try saving one of the 'problem' skins as a no brows preset and it does render correctly. 

Interesting! Now we'll have to wait to hear what Zev0 thinks about this issue.

• ZaiZai Posts: 289

I'm kind of having the same sort of issue, but with lips. If I have fibermesh brows on, and use the brow remover, and change lipstick it makes the skin around the mouth a totally different color. It also seems to make the actual files on the face temp files, not the actual skin files. I guess that's to be expected with the brow remover, but I wonder how it's changing it so the mouth area doesn't have the same skin color around the lips. If I don't use the brow remover, the skin product and makeup works fine. Thus is a skin from somewhere else, but its a top vendor and works correctly without brow remover so I don't think it's that. The makeup options and lip options are actual files, not LIE presets, but I checked that. Maybe saving a preset after the brows would work. Just may have to remember to NOT change anything after.

edited July 2019

Hi. The ideal workflow for this product is to load up the character with it's base skin, no make up or additives. Then, remove the brows and save that as a browless material preset for that skin. We added this option because relying on temp maps is unreliable, especially if you add makeup etc that also might use LIE and create temp texture files which could cause conflicts. So, once your browless preset has been saved, go to it and click and apply it to your face. You will see the character no longer uses temp maps, but instead uses the saved browless textures of that face. By saving as a browless preset you hard write the browless map results. Now you can apply Lie makeup to that. Also note some character makeups are not pure LIE, they actually swap out the face diffuse maps with burnt in make up details. When that happens it leads to inconsistant results. You might have to apply brow remover to those if they add brows back in. Hope that helps.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • oh this is very helpful

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,310

I used this just tonight and am impressed every time I use it.  I load my character, and run the script from its Content Library icon. Works like a charm and is nice becuase I don't have to pop out of my workflow.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

One problem with relying on the temp folder for temporary textures is that this can get overwritten if opening a second instance of Daz Studio, something I have done if rendering one scene whilst preparing a different scene in the second instance of DS. I often see faces going black in the first copy of DS in this case. Doing as Zev0 suggested, ie saving the materials elsewhere once the script has been run is the best solution.

• alken said:

I'm also having this issue. I'm using the skin for Gwennili for gen 3. I tested it on a fresh load of the character to see if it wasn't just something I mucked up on the character I put together, but the issue persisted. 

Are you saving the browless material preset and applying that onto the character? Do not rely on temp folder or temp generated textures. If you save a material preset, It loads back on the character using saved textures. Let me know if that works.

• SheerANONYMOUSSheerANONYMOUS Posts: 54
    edited August 2019

I don't seem to know how to do that, I can't find any of the presets after I save them.

Post edited by SheerANONYMOUS on
    edited August 2019

DId you specify the path as to where it should be saved? There is a button that says select the path to save material preset to. EG I would save it in the same place as the characters skin im using so that particular skin will have a no brow option.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Okay so I figured out what I was doing wrong for that part. However, this still leaves faintly visible eyebrows that seem to interfere with some brighter color replacements from skin builder, and are still visible if the eyebrows are a different shape from the default. I don't think it'll matter for the specific character I'm doing this for since I have all kinds of other things involved, but others may have the same issue.

Can I see a pic example? Also did you try and adjust the mask area?
  • Having lighting helps a bit, but you can still see the right eyebrow

What About Eyebrows.png
    931 x 910 - 417K