The Hackers got to my XP Complaint Thread

1444546474850»

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Complaint: BT (or someone with access to the exchange cabinet) decided that our having the same telephone number all the time was just boring and connected our wire to a different number on Tuesday. Needless to say this did not help the router to connect to the internet and I have just enjoyed an unplanned two-day break.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited November 2013

DanaTA said:
    Actually, except for almost breaking Diane's hand squeezing it, it wasn't too bad. The seats were small, but not too bad. I guess for large people they might have been a bit...ummm...confining. But I was fine. I think it was NorthWest that we were on. One stop-over in tri-city area, Minneapolis I think it was. We saw one of the Great lakes as we flew over. From there it went all the way to Palm Springs. I think it was a 727 and an Airbus 320 or 230, can't remember for sure. I'd have to look up the tickets. I noticed that the Airbus took off much faster...it was fun. The 727 (or was it a 737?) seemed to lumber down the runway much longer.

Dana

...if it was in the last ten years on Northwest, it was most likely an Airbus 320 and maybe the other plane was probably a 757 as Northwest retired it's last 727 back in 2003. the 757 is a larger plane than the Airbus, as big as the old 707 but with two instead of four engines, and yes takes more runway to lift off especially if it has a heavy load. Northwest never purchased 737s (see pics below).

I used to fly Northwest a lot as for years as they were the only "major" carrier with the most flights from Milwaukee (the other was old North Central which only served the upper Midwest and Great Lakes area). Kind of sad to have seen them go. Now Southwest is the dominant carrier there (after the demise of Midwest and then acquiring AirTran - which filled the void after Midwest went under), while Delta (which acquired Northwest over a year ago) has pretty much relegated Milwaukee to a spoke in their hub system, mostly using those tiny cramped regional jets instead of "full sized" planes.

I used to remember when Northwest flew 747s and DC-10s and United had DC-10 and stretch DC-8 service there on a daily basis. Now the only "Big Jets' that land in Milwaukee are freighters for FedEx, UPS and occasionally Antonov Airlines.

Airbus 320

Boeing 757

Boeing 727

nwa_727.jpg
    860 x 400 - 167K
    nwa757.jpg
    640 x 427 - 107K
    alpnwa320old.jpg
    860 x 400 - 89K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Warm but gloomy and grey outside my window today :)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    Actually, except for almost breaking Diane's hand squeezing it, it wasn't too bad. The seats were small, but not too bad. I guess for large people they might have been a bit...ummm...confining. But I was fine. I think it was NorthWest that we were on. One stop-over in tri-city area, Minneapolis I think it was. We saw one of the Great lakes as we flew over. From there it went all the way to Palm Springs. I think it was a 727 and an Airbus 320 or 230, can't remember for sure. I'd have to look up the tickets. I noticed that the Airbus took off much faster...it was fun. The 727 (or was it a 737?) seemed to lumber down the runway much longer.

Dana

...if it was in the last ten years on Northwest, it was most likely an Airbus 320 and maybe the other plane was probably a 757 as Northwest retired it's last 727 back in 2003. the 757 is a larger plane than the Airbus, as big as the old 707 but with two instead of four engines, and yes takes more runway to lift off especially if it has a heavy load. Northwest never purchased 737s (see pics below).

I used to fly Northwest a lot as for years as they were the only "major" carrier with the most flights from Milwaukee (the other was old North Central which only served the upper Midwest and Great Lakes area). Kind of sad to have seen them go. Now Southwest is the dominant carrier there (after the demise of Midwest and then acquiring AirTran - which filled the void after Midwest went under), while Delta (which acquired Northwest over a year ago) has pretty much relegated Milwaukee to a spoke in their hub system, mostly using those tiny cramped regional jets instead of "full sized" planes.

I used to remember when Northwest flew 747s and DC-10s and United had DC-10 and stretch DC-8 service there on a daily basis. Now the only "Big Jets' that land in Milwaukee are freighters for FedEx, UPS and occasionally Antonov Airlines.

Airbus 320

Boeing 757

Boeing 727

It was in October of 2007.

Dana

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Complaint: BT (or someone with access to the exchange cabinet) decided that our having the same telephone number all the time was just boring and connected our wire to a different number on Tuesday. Needless to say this did not help the router to connect to the internet and I have just enjoyed an unplanned two-day break.

it's Holiday time !

edited December 1969

That's an oddball issue to have :)

edited December 1969

it's Holiday time !

Change is as good as a holiday :lol:

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Well, before I head off to try again to get some sleep....
    [Post picture here]

A free cookie to whoever guesses who this villain's name is :)

ooh noms it looks like Dingo...uh...Dingodile I guess, from crash bandicoot.

Eta ooh yes o/\o the raygun gave it away :lol:

:)
    Yup yup, though I thought it was a flamethrower ;P

Flamethrowing rays gun, the yellow checks are unforgettable :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    "Mama, there's clowns in the kitchen again!"
    "What are they doin' in there?"
    "Fightin'."
    "Laura Mercy, I hope they don't break my best china! I don't know how they keep gettin' in here...did you leave the back door open?"
    "No..."
    "Well, go open it now while I get the broom...maybe I can shoo 'em out."

Aw, they can't find anything to laugh about :lol:

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Speaking of flying birds with black feathers are difficult to light

Cool image, though.

Photography exercise...black cat in a coal bin...in a mine shaft.

Dana

It would be all about specular and reflect :)

edited December 1969

do my buppy's eyes look milky?

i thought it was the reflection from the ceiling, but he's hesitating a long while coming down the stoop stairs.
    maybe he can't see the steps. the porch light is on, it might not be enough light at night.

my Indy went blind his last few years, they have a retina replacement sugery but it's uber expensive.
    actually, Indy passed away on Nov 15, 2005.

i wish i could hermitize for Novembers.

spreadsheets to do, can't concentrate. meh.

Cataracts? Do dogs get cataracts ?

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited November 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    Airbus 320

Boeing 757

Boeing 727

here is an Airbus A380

airbus_a380.jpg
    640 x 432 - 26K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

KInd of something like that for night, kind of :)

rvn2.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 165K
    edited December 1969

nice lighting. The bird has shiny feet and talons.

edited November 2013

5 day weekend coming up. :) playing with shaders and modelling, not so much dragonquest this weekend.

do the polar caps have zipcodes? curious which is colder this time of year. maybe north pole is balmy compared to south pole

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited November 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    Airbus 320

Boeing 757

Boeing 727

here is an Airbus A380
    ...and here is it's flight deck, notice something a bit odd?

a380_flight_deck.jpg
    1000 x 679 - 365K
    edited December 1969

...I'd feel safer in one of these...

Boeing_747-8_flight_deck_Beltyukov.jpg
    1230 x 815 - 518K
    747-8.jpg
    640 x 439 - 98K
    edited November 2013

...or even one of these...

aa707fd.jpg
    1170 x 780 - 249K
    nwa_707.jpg
    1200 x 813 - 368K
    edited November 2013

can't find it on weather.com.

is top of the world Lat 0 / Long 0?

what would the south pole be?

encyclopedia Brittania would be good reading for this stuff, imagining.

ahaah http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/2010/12/06/which-pole-is-colder-north-or-south/

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited November 2013

0, 0 would be in the Atlantic Ocean off the cost of Africa. The poles are 90 degrees latitude with respect to the Equator.

Barrow Alaska, is the closest city in the U.S.A. to the North Pole that I can think off. Alert, Nunavut, Canada is closer.
    http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Alert+CAXX0829:1:CA

Puerto Toro, Chile is about 2,500 miles from the South Pole

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I'd feel safer in one of these...

this one is the prettiest cockpits.

tee hee, cockpit.

edited December 1969

I found a place that is colder than Alert, Canada.

Resolute, Canada
    http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Resolute+CAXX2565:1:CA

I keep typing weather.gov instead of weather.com

Misty Whisky, looks like you found the answer. Cool.

edited December 1969

0, 0 would be in the Atlantic Ocean off the cost of Africa. The poles are 90 degrees latitude with respect to the Equator.

Barrow Alaska, is the closest city in the U.S.A. to the North Pole that I can think off. Alert, Nunavut, Canada is closer.

0 at the equator isn't logical. they made this stuff up before satellites. :)

edited December 1969

I found a place that is colder than Alert, Canada.

Resolute, Canada
    http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Resolute+CAXX2565:1:CA

I keep typing weather.gov instead of weather.com

Misty Whisky, looks like you found the answer. Cool.

no wonder the canadian geese high tail it south.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

I see your thread is running out again, OMG you guys can yak!

edited December 1969

...not as fast as when Wooly was still here. We'd roll the thread over in about 12 or so days back then.

edited December 1969

...The Fear Of Flying Complaint Thread.
    ...The Still Don't Have a Job or Won The Lotto Complaint Thread
    ...The Too Broke Even For The PC Sale Complaint Thread
    ...The Computer On My Airbus Jet Bluescreened Complaint Thread
    ...The My Joints And Bones Hate Winter Complaint Thread
    ...The Where did My Sunshine Go Complaint Thread
    ...The I Really Miss Wooly Complaint Thread.

edited December 1969

nice lighting. The bird has shiny feet and talons.

Should be able to get some specular/reflect out of the feathers as well, just haven't figured out how :)

edited December 1969

5 day weekend coming up. :) playing with shaders and modelling, not so much dragonquest this weekend.

do the polar caps have zipcodes? curious which is colder this time of year. maybe north pole is balmy compared to south pole

WE got some air from the south pole over us right now, is real cold and causing a bit of hail as well :)

edited November 2013

0 at the equator isn't logical. they made this stuff up before satellites. :)

hehe a long time before satellites :lol:

NEW thread Here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32071/

Post edited by Jaderail on
This discussion has been closed.