The Hackers got to my XP Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Well, before I head off to try again to get some sleep....
    [Post picture here]

A free cookie to whoever guesses who this villain's name is :)

ooh noms it looks like Dingo...uh...Dingodile I guess, from crash bandicoot.

Eta ooh yes o/\o the raygun gave it away :lol:

:)
    Yup yup, though I thought it was a flamethrower ;P

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/

Vue 2014? Wonder how long it's gonna be before MAXON starts naming their software like that too :)

Also, I'm still not impressed with Avatar. Though that's all they're really interested in using to show on their product page. Also HTTYD stuff, which is neat. Cute-and-cartoony dragons are a much better thing to showcase me thinks :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited November 2013

Good Mornin :)

beautiful rainy day out. wildlife needs some thirst quenching.

saw a piano playing dingo on an Animal planet's funniest videos clip. dingo was crooning a song to his playing.

ooo Silo is on sale. just have to make sure it'll activate without an internet connection.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

"Mama, there's clowns in the kitchen again!"
    "What are they doin' in there?"
    "Fightin'."
    "Laura Mercy, I hope they don't break my best china! I don't know how they keep gettin' in here...did you leave the back door open?"
    "No..."
    "Well, go open it now while I get the broom...maybe I can shoo 'em out."

Clown_Fight!.jpg
    1043 x 1200 - 312K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    "Fightin'."
    "Laura Mercy, I hope they don't break my best china! I don't know how they keep gettin' in here...did you leave the back door open?"
    "No..."

don't let em mess with the mouse's cheese. it won't be pretty.

edited November 2013

do my buppy's eyes look milky?

i thought it was the reflection from the ceiling, but he's hesitating a long while coming down the stoop stairs.
    maybe he can't see the steps. the porch light is on, it might not be enough light at night.

my Indy went blind his last few years, they have a retina replacement sugery but it's uber expensive.
    actually, Indy passed away on Nov 15, 2005.

i wish i could hermitize for Novembers.

spreadsheets to do, can't concentrate. meh.

bubby1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 35K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited November 2013

cute dog. Indy's Eyes look milky to me.

I ordered some RAM online but it won't ship until next week?? I guess the PC3200 DIMM is rare.

My estimated delivery date is:
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - Monday, November 18, 2013

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

extra ram is always nice :)

i'm waiting all morning for nevercenter to get back to me on the question if Silo will completely install on a non-internet connected pc.

going through some cut&paste; long asss numbers tween my main rig and the netbook rigamorol to install sony platinum suite, at least it was an option. yayy.

scale radial y - hiphiphooray

why am i trying to buy Silo, i have 3ds6. can't do a thing with it. i can't even change the viewports view.
    is there a box modeling mode in 3ds6? it's the only kind of modeling i understand atm. cut, connect, extrude, move, scale - thaz basically it.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited December 1969

Yes it will install on a none internet machine. You do however need to internet to activate it then you can disconnect

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Yes it will install on a none internet machine. You do however need to internet to activate it then you can disconnect

bumms. oh well, just saved 109 dollars. they haven't responded to my email. dbl oh well.

edited December 1969

"grease is the wurd is the wurd" laaaaa

in the 80's we called the 50's music station oldies. now that 80's is oldies, is 50's still oldies? or older oldies?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited December 1969

I was wrong. You don't have to be online at all

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

The same way that the Stone Age was just like "The Flintstones". :lol:

Hey, that was all taken from archaeological evidence! :-P

Dana

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/

Vue 2014? Wonder how long it's gonna be before MAXON starts naming their software like that too :)

The naming convention reminds me of Windows 95 and Windows 98.

Here is a screenshot of my desktop from January 13, 2005.

windows_98.jpg
    640 x 480 - 113K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    I've actually never even flown in an airplane in all my 60 years. I'm not afraid, really, it's just never been necessary.
    One for the Bucket List. :)

I have...two in fact (if it was the same ones on the return trip) or four (if not). When I went to California to take care of my dad's property after he passed. It was the only time. I don't know if I'd do it again. Maybe. One of the planes had duct tape on its wing! I was right behind the wing and in the window seat. I have it on tape. It didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy...duct tape? :gulp:

Dana

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Speaking of flying birds with black feathers are difficult to light

Cool image, though.

Photography exercise...black cat in a coal bin...in a mine shaft.

Dana

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    "Fightin'."
    "No..."

:lol: :-P %-P

Dana

edited December 1969

extra ram is always nice :)

i'm waiting all morning for nevercenter to get back to me on the question if Silo will completely install on a non-internet connected pc.

going through some cut&paste; long asss numbers tween my main rig and the netbook rigamorol to install sony platinum suite, at least it was an option. yayy.

scale radial y - hiphiphooray

why am i trying to buy Silo, i have 3ds6. can't do a thing with it. i can't even change the viewports view.
    is there a box modeling mode in 3ds6? it's the only kind of modeling i understand atm. cut, connect, extrude, move, scale - thaz basically it.

Fugazi has a bunch of tutorials over at Renderosity, he uses Silo. He put one or two here for Hexagon and DS users, but most are over there and are for Silo and Poser. He gets rave reviews on his tutorials. I have several of them. Haven't dug in yet, though.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Wow! After months of crazy sales and new products just about every day...I just went to the marketplace and there's nothing new since same time yesterday! :bug:

Dana

Just as well cos I got no idea what to do with all the plat coupons :lol:
    ...didn't use mine from last month.

edited December 1969

hip hip hooray yayy

response from nevercenter about installing to a non-internet pc:

Absolutely. You will need to download the program from an internet-connected computer, but if you can then transfer the installer file to your non-internet-connected system through a USB drive you should be all set. The registration code will validate internally with the system, so activation should not be a problem.

Hope this helps!

Best,
    Nevercenter Support

edited December 1969

mildog needs new toys :)

dongtoy.JPG
    831 x 416 - 41K
    edited December 1969

"grease is the wurd is the wurd" laaaaa

in the 80's we called the 50's music station oldies. now that 80's is oldies, is 50's still oldies? or older oldies?

Antique Music. :)
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    I've actually never even flown in an airplane in all my 60 years. I'm not afraid, really, it's just never been necessary.

I have...two in fact (if it was the same ones on the return trip) or four (if not). When I went to California to take care of my dad's property after he passed. It was the only time. I don't know if I'd do it again. Maybe. One of the planes had duct tape on its wing! I was right behind the wing and in the window seat. I have it on tape. It didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy...duct tape? :gulp:

Dana
    Hey, musta been Redneck Airlines.
    Round here we say, "If you can't fix it with duct tape or a hammer, just throw it away and buy a new one." :)

edited November 2013

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:

hehe something to look forward to. Been hang gliding but I'd like to parachute one day *\o/**\o/**\o/*
    ...I'd definitely take a scenic flight just for the experience.

My first flight was on a 1920s Ford Stout (the "Tin Goose" as it was called) at an airshow back in the 1960s. I was hooked after that.

I've been in a Great Lakes biplane where we did aerobatics, many a Cessna (pilot lessons and friend's planes), and a two seat P-51 (the ultimate thrill ride).

Used to fly a lot during what is now termed the "golden age" of jet travel when the airlines actually cared about their customers, before Deregulation turned the experience it into little more than being on a greyhound bus with wings.

Today I avoid air travel as much as possible as it has sunk to even newer lows what with all the "nickle and dime" fees one has to pay on top of the ticket price for the pleasure of having to wedge yourself in smaller and more tightly spaced coach seats.

...and I read an article the other week that there is a new, even smaller coach seat that airlines are starting to install so they can pack even more passengers in. It's going from Cattle Car to Industrial Chicken Farm class. May as well install hold on straps like the New York subways have and just make everyone stand.

If you want your first flying experience to be enjoyable, don't do it on the airlines, unless you can afford first class.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Yep, but once you get them lit, they burn rather quickly. :)
    edited December 1969

dance dance crocodile rock, lots of EltonJohn today.

a quick peek into the mildog cr2, doesn't seem to have channels for community morphs.
    in poser, a pmd would take care of it, don't know if pmds work in DS.
    i saw a weight map tool in DS, prolly totally incompatible with poser wm.

still lots of play time with DS shade mixer. usually i've given up on DS by now, every time i try it again, :)
    , still playing with it this go round. the tools make a total difference in fun factor.

edited November 2013

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:

Dana
    ...was on one of those turboprop commuter planes once where the engine nacelle cover was loose and looked like it would tear off at any moment.

One of the two most "white knuckled" short flights I was on.

The other was a 40 minute flight between Minneapolis and Milwaukee several years ago on Northwest. It was a DC-10 (strange that I got the bigger plane on the short segment of the trip, from Portland it was one of those Airbus 320s). Anyway, here we were at the gate and they had just finished stocking the plane with refreshments for the flight. Why they had to fully stock the plane for a flight that was less than half as long as my one way commute to work was beyond me, but hey, I don't run the airline.

Now I was sitting behind one of the bulkheads by the centre galley where the servicing was done. Once the carts were all on board and stowed, the flight attendant pressed the button to close the door. It closed then popped opened again (DC-10s have electronic doors that slide down from above). This went on several times before a mechanic was finally called in to look at it. By the time he arrived the next flight for Milwaukee (which was in the gate next to us) departed. Now mind you is December and in Minnesota it gets very cold, so those of us in that whole row were freezing. OK so the mechanic looks at the door and door tracks pushes the button the door closes and opens up again. He next checks the bottom of the doorway for any obstructions tries it again only to get the same result. He then opens up the ceiling panel in the galley looks at the wiring, jiggles several of them (I kid you not) then goes over to the door button pressed it and the door closes and locks securely. I thought to myself, "who is this guy, Han Solo's second cousin removed?".

Now the DC-10 didn't have most stellar service record what with things like engines falling off and baggage doors blowing out, so by now I am rather nervous (and I have logged a lot of miles on the airlines). We were cleared to depart and took off. All through that flight all I could do was stare at that door (seatbelt pulled almost painfully tight and my left hand gripping the armrest) expecting at any minute for it to malfunction while wishing I were on a that Boeing 727 that left for Milwaukee before us (which has doors that are manually operated and impossible to open while in flight due to their design and the pressure differential).

Needless to say once we landed and I got checked into my hotel, I immediately headed to the lounge for the rest of the evening and thought about taking the train back.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:

Dana

Hey, musta been Redneck Airlines.
    Round here we say, "If you can't fix it with duct tape or a hammer, just throw it away and buy a new one." :)

I've been told it's actually "aeronautic tape". Meh. Potayto, potahto.

Dana

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:

hehe something to look forward to. Been hang gliding but I'd like to parachute one day *\o/**\o/**\o/*

...I'd definitely take a scenic flight just for the experience.

My first flight was on a 1920s Ford Stout (the "Tin Goose" as it was called) at an airshow back in the 1960s. I was hooked after that.

I've been in a Great Lakes biplane where we did aerobatics, many a Cessna (pilot lessons and friend's planes), and a two seat P-51 (the ultimate thrill ride).

Used to fly a lot during what is now termed the "golden age" of jet travel when the airlines actually cared about their customers, before Deregulation turned the experience it into little more than being on a greyhound bus with wings.

Today I avoid air travel as much as possible as it has sunk to even newer lows what with all the "nickle and dime" fees one has to pay on top of the ticket price for the pleasure of having to wedge yourself in smaller and more tightly spaced coach seats.

...and I read an article the other week that there is a new, even smaller coach seat that airlines are starting to install so they can pack even more passengers in. It's going from Cattle Car to Industrial Chicken Farm class. May as well install hold on straps like the New York subways have and just make everyone stand.

If you want your first flying experience to be enjoyable, don't do it on the airlines, unless you can afford first class.

Actually, except for almost breaking Diane's hand squeezing it, it wasn't too bad. The seats were small, but not too bad. I guess for large people they might have been a bit...ummm...confining. But I was fine. I think it was NorthWest that we were on. One stop-over in tri-city area, Minneapolis I think it was. We saw one of the Great lakes as we flew over. From there it went all the way to Palm Springs. I think it was a 727 and an Airbus 320 or 230, can't remember for sure. I'd have to look up the tickets. I noticed that the Airbus took off much faster...it was fun. The 727 (or was it a 737?) seemed to lumber down the runway much longer.

Dana

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

Yep, but once you get them lit, they burn rather quickly. :)

Eewwww. I like the birdies! That's not nice.

Dana

This discussion has been closed.