The Hackers got to my XP Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    If you were that into it, you should have tried to get into a related field. You'd be enjoying what you do for a living. Or maybe you did and I just brought up bad memories. :shut:

Dana

...yeah but no biggie.

I actually was preparing for a career in Aerospace Engineering and the majority of my coursework was focused in that direction (didn't meet the vision requirement to fly anything more than a Cessna and the Air Force wouldn't take me because of a spinal condition). Less than a year before I graduated secondary school, funding for the SST programme was eliminated and Boeing (who was awarded the project) began their "historic" layoffs which nearly turned Seattle into a "ghost town".

Having come from the "other side of the tracks", the only way I could have afforded to attend the AE programme at University of Washington (as I would have been an "out of state" student) was via an internship through Boeing which also stopped accepting any new student interns that year. The only engineering degrees offered at the University of Wisconsin back then were in agricultural and general mechanical/electrical engineering, the latter two which were geared more towards the region's heavy manufacturing, machine, and auto industries instead of aircraft and spacecraft.

Still never quite lost interest but now more of an "armchair" engineer. (which is why I want to get into modelling, just need to save up the Zloty's for Modo).

Heck maybe I should buy a Powerball ticket so if I win, I can book a flight on Branson's Virgin Galactic.

Oh, I'm so sorry! I really did bring up bad memories. :down:

Dana

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Urf... Well I don't think I'll be around to post in this thread before the new iteration spawns ^^;
    Super tired right now, headache developing, and I can't talk to anyone without stuttering and getting all flustered and stuff. >_<<br /> Plus the appointment with my new psychiatrist got rescheduled to tomorrow morning, so I'll have to get lots of sleep (Psh yeah right) tonight :O

When I get back from that I'll probably be heading straight to bed.
    Le sigh, don't post nearly as often as I used to :(

Hopes that stuff is better for you by now :)

edited December 1969

I hope you sleep well, Rezca!

Dana

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Sleep failed.

Spent hours tossing and turning (Which is normal for me, admittedly)

Is very stuffy in my room and it just feels like I'm not breathing properly (Sometimes happens. Normally I just step outside for a moment, but bleh - it sucks when I'm trying to SLEEEEP xD)

*flails*

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Sleep failed.

Spent hours tossing and turning (Which is normal for me, admittedly)

Is very stuffy in my room and it just feels like I'm not breathing properly (Sometimes happens. Normally I just step outside for a moment, but bleh - it sucks when I'm trying to SLEEEEP xD)

*flails*

You are getting sleepy, sleepy...
    Seriously, I hope you at least get some rest.
    484.jpg
    634 x 414 - 46K
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Well, before I head off to try again to get some sleep....
    [Post picture here]

A free cookie to whoever guesses who this villain's name is :)

1747ee87fcdcf7fce2f7c5a87b18598f.jpg
    900 x 1048 - 298K
    edited December 1969

Bob? :)

edited November 2013

Rezca said:

Well, before I head off to try again to get some sleep....
    [Post picture here]

A free cookie to whoever guesses who this villain's name is :)

ooh noms it looks like Dingo...uh...Dingodile I guess, from crash bandicoot.

Eta ooh yes o/\o the raygun gave it away :lol:

shot.png
    161 x 192 - 41K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited November 2013

I like dingoes. I wonder if the dingoes are in Dorothy Wall's books.

blinky_bill.jpg
    413 x 348 - 46K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Urf... Well I don't think I'll be around to post in this thread before the new iteration spawns ^^;
    Super tired right now, headache developing, and I can't talk to anyone without stuttering and getting all flustered and stuff. >_<<br /> Plus the appointment with my new psychiatrist got rescheduled to tomorrow morning, so I'll have to get lots of sleep (Psh yeah right) tonight :O

When I get back from that I'll probably be heading straight to bed.
    Le sigh, don't post nearly as often as I used to :(

...ach, Wooly's no longer here, I give it at least another fill day.
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    If you were that into it, you should have tried to get into a related field. You'd be enjoying what you do for a living. Or maybe you did and I just brought up bad memories. :shut:

Dana

...yeah but no biggie.

I actually was preparing for a career in Aerospace Engineering and the majority of my coursework was focused in that direction (didn't meet the vision requirement to fly anything more than a Cessna and the Air Force wouldn't take me because of a spinal condition). Less than a year before I graduated secondary school, funding for the SST programme was eliminated and Boeing (who was awarded the project) began their "historic" layoffs which nearly turned Seattle into a "ghost town".

Having come from the "other side of the tracks", the only way I could have afforded to attend the AE programme at University of Washington (as I would have been an "out of state" student) was via an internship through Boeing which also stopped accepting any new student interns that year. The only engineering degrees offered at the University of Wisconsin back then were in agricultural and general mechanical/electrical engineering, the latter two which were geared more towards the region's heavy manufacturing, machine, and auto industries instead of aircraft and spacecraft.

Still never quite lost interest but now more of an "armchair" engineer. (which is why I want to get into modelling, just need to save up the Zloty's for Modo).

Heck maybe I should buy a Powerball ticket so if I win, I can book a flight on Branson's Virgin Galactic.

Oh, I'm so sorry! I really did bring up bad memories. :down:

Dana
    ...no prob, I learned to live with it.

The worst was when I had a chance to get an apprenticeship as an organ builder and a no-count idiot housemate never passed the message to me. That is a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone pretty much has to retire or die for a new position to come open.

I ended up moving to stay with my brother and only months later learned of it, but the position was already filled with someone else.

That was a total bugger.

edited November 2013

"...maybe the Dingo ate your Baby"

...or in the case of Misty,

...maybe your buppy ate the Dingo.

...OK, bad Seinfeld reference.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited November 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

"...maybe the Dingo ate your Baby"

...or in the case of Misty,

...maybe your buppy ate the Dingo.

...OK, bad Seinfeld reference.

The Soyuz with the Olympic torch launched

http://www.space.com/23499-olympic-torch-launch-photos-space-station-expedition-38.html

s.png
    260 x 260 - 78K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited November 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    <<<SNIP>>> Seven months later we all gathered around the telly once again to watch the launch of Apollo 11 and history being made when Niel Armstrong stepped off onto the lunar surface.

In spring 1970 we all held our collective breaths as the crippled Apollo 13 limped around the backside of the moon out of radio contact and headed home using the LM as a "lifeboat" and it's descent engine for critical course corrections. Incidentally, the flight commander, James Lovell was also the command module pilot on Apollo 8. Along with Eugene Cernan, and John Young, he was one of only three astronauts (and the first) to make the trip to the moon twice. Unfortunately he never got to set foot on it. Lovell also hailed from my old home town of Milwaukee WI.

...that's how much I was into it back then.

In 1968 I was 7 years old and had never heard of NASA or anything Space. Then my Dad went 100% into everything about Man landing on the moon. I was all HUH? But Dad took the day off from work just to watch the launch, and then explained to me why it was so important. He also took the day off for the landing. From the moment of the launch until now I've been hooked. And I still think to this day what could have been, as far as the moon and the orbital lagrange points of the Earth and Moon, has been wasted. A stepping stone to the outer reaches was/are in our grasp but nothing more than putting Skylab and the Russian stations into orbit happened. Why? Because the Governments noticed how tech could be advanced from just keeping the public interested as they spent no more than needed to justify spending on the tech they wanted. The stars and outer planets fell away as the public lost interest when it all became routine to go into orbit with the Shuttle and a large crew who's basic job was to to service satellites, launch and or repair, as more new tech got tested. What a waste of money, and time. We could be so much farther ahead now if the basic human drive to explore had not of been pushed aside for other reasons I'm too polite to post.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited November 2013

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...and this is from someone who grew up during the "space race" with predictions back then that we'd have large orbital stations, installations on the Moon, and even commercial orbital shuttle service (like in the film 2001) by now.
    LOL. Your preaching to the choir my friend, I watched the first Moon landing live and all the rest that were televised even the boring ones. LOL. I'm just happy to see NASA not shut down as many think it has been done. And with the current Prez in office, who only supports Man to mars, I'll take any funding NASA can get at this time. Even if other ways are better.

I'm still waiting on my flying car. I was promised a flying car by Popular Mechanics magazine, darn it!Sorry my friend but not only does the powers that be not want people to fly over any place they wish, I myself would move into a very DEEP cave if I knew you were flying around over my head under your own control.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...give him or her all the encouragement you can. Also check out related internship, grant, and scholarship programmes.

Do they still have Space Camp?Yes, it's still a big part of the Huntsville Alabama US Space Rocket Center's draw to young folks.
    edited December 1969

...the last thing I need is a Buick crashing though my roof because the driver (pilot?) had one to many at the pub that night.

Shoot people can't even drive correctly with all four wheels on the ground.

edited December 1969

YES!!

edited November 2013

Doesn't look like this driver knows what they are doing but I guess tricycles are hard :lol: Action pics are hard practise practice practise practice practise practice practise practice practise practice practise practice

eb.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 150K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    <<<SNIP>>> Seven months later we all gathered around the telly once again to watch the launch of Apollo 11 and history being made when Niel Armstrong stepped off onto the lunar surface.

In spring 1970 we all held our collective breaths as the crippled Apollo 13 limped around the backside of the moon out of radio contact and headed home using the LM as a "lifeboat" and it's descent engine for critical course corrections. Incidentally, the flight commander, James Lovell was also the command module pilot on Apollo 8. Along with Eugene Cernan, and John Young, he was one of only three astronauts (and the first) to make the trip to the moon twice. Unfortunately he never got to set foot on it. Lovell also hailed from my old home town of Milwaukee WI.

...that's how much I was into it back then.

In 1968 I was 7 years old and had never heard of NASA or anything Space. Then my Dad went 100% into everything about Man landing on the moon. I was all HUH? But Dad took the day off from work just to watch the launch, and then explained to me why it was so important. He also took the day off for the landing. From the moment of the launch until now I've been hooked. And I still think to this day what could have been, as far as the moon and the orbital lagrange points of the Earth and Moon, has been wasted. A stepping stone to the outer reaches was/are in our grasp but nothing more than putting Skylab and the Russian stations into orbit happened. Why? Because the Governments noticed how tech could be advanced from just keeping the public interested as they spent no more than needed to justify spending on the tech they wanted. The stars and outer planets fell away as the public lost interest when it all became routine to go into orbit with the Shuttle and a large crew who's basic job was to to service satellites, launch and or repair, as more new tech got tested. What a waste of money, and time. We could be so much farther ahead now if the basic human drive to explore had not of been pushed aside for other reasons I'm too polite to post.
    ...the whole "Going to Work in Space" promo in the early 80s lulled everyone into complacency about space travel making it sound as routine as getting on the bus to go to the office...

...then one cold January morning....*Bang!*.

...suddenly it wasn't very "routine" anymore.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...and this is from someone who grew up during the "space race" with predictions back then that we'd have large orbital stations, installations on the Moon, and even commercial orbital shuttle service (like in the film 2001) by now.
    LOL. Your preaching to the choir my friend, I watched the first Moon landing live and all the rest that were televised even the boring ones. LOL. I'm just happy to see NASA not shut down as many think it has been done. And with the current Prez in office, who only supports Man to mars, I'll take any funding NASA can get at this time. Even if other ways are better.

I'm still waiting on my flying car. I was promised a flying car by Popular Mechanics magazine, darn it!Sorry my friend but not only does the powers that be not want people to fly over any place they wish, I myself would move into a very DEEP cave if I knew you were flying around over my head under your own control.

The ones I think would be best would be run completely on auto-pilot. The only input the "navigator" would make is inputting a destination. People can't seem to drive on the road without putting my life at risk, so I can't see them up in the air. They'd be texting each other and crashing into each other and falling down on us. Nobody would be safe! But with the auto-pilot concept, I think it would be a cool thing. But they will be very expensive for a while, so we don't have to worry about the common folk flying. And regulations are already in place to prevent take-off from the street. They'd have to drive to the nearest airport to take off and would have to land at an airport, too.

I think the better thing for the masses would be hover cars, mag-lev type maybe. Just think, no more constant road constuction, no need for tires, brake pads, shock/struts. I guess they'd find things to make us spend money on, though.

Dana

edited December 1969

Wow! After months of crazy sales and new products just about every day...I just went to the marketplace and there's nothing new since same time yesterday! :bug:

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Wow! After months of crazy sales and new products just about every day...I just went to the marketplace and there's nothing new since same time yesterday! :bug:

Dana

Just as well cos I got no idea what to do with all the plat coupons :lol:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

You know I was kidding, right? :)
    "Anyone can fly the Skycar" (Yeah, Grandma would love it)
    "Take off from your driveway, land anywhere" (Anywhere at all...the ocean, the side of a mountain, etc.)
    Yeah, the future's really gonna be just like "The Jetsons".
    The same way that the Stone Age was just like "The Flintstones". :lol:
    THE-JETSONS.jpg
    860 x 556 - 92K
    edited December 1969

Was poking fun from me tjohn. I'dd let you fly over me. Once.

edited November 2013

Jaderail said:
    Was poking fun from me tjohn. I'dd let you fly over me. Once.

Watch the sky, you never know what's flying around out there :lol:

sbdr.jpg
    1500 x 909 - 124K
    edited December 1969

I've actually never even flown in an airplane in all my 60 years. I'm not afraid, really, it's just never been necessary.
    One for the Bucket List. :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    I've actually never even flown in an airplane in all my 60 years. I'm not afraid, really, it's just never been necessary.
    One for the Bucket List. :)

hehe something to look forward to. Been hang gliding but I'd like to parachute one day *\o/**\o/**\o/*

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I'm still waiting on my flying car. I was promised a flying car by Popular Mechanics magazine, darn it!
    Sorry my friend but not only does the powers that be not want people to fly over any place they wish, I myself would move into a very DEEP cave if I knew you were flying around over my head under your own control.
    You know I was kidding, right? :)
    "Anyone can fly the Skycar" (Yeah, Grandma would love it)
    "Take off from your driveway, land anywhere" (Anywhere at all...the ocean, the side of a mountain, etc.)
    Yeah, the future's really gonna be just like "The Jetsons".
    The same way that the Stone Age was just like "The Flintstones". :lol:
    HG.jpg
    600 x 900 - 79K
    edited December 1969

Speaking of flying birds with black feathers are difficult to light

rvn.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 261K
This discussion has been closed.