The Hackers got to my XP Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    there's different strains of flu. they make guesses on the flu du jour when deciding the shots. when i get the shot i taste eggs.

found out from a friend at work there was a recall on dog treats of the jerky variety. i'm throwing out all the treats i bought just in case.
    it's home made treats for my bubby now on.
    i'll make up batches of rice and meat balls. it should keep for a few days at a time. can't give him too much of the prepackaged frozen chiken nuggets, sodium worries. the buttermilk scone loaf i make has a hard crust on the bottom, hard enough to give as like a cracker treat. i'll keep buying him the milkbone biscuits, i've heard of people eating them, praying they be safe enough for my bubby.

Any food or treats made in China are harmful to dogs and can kill them because of an ingredient that is used. I not sure if that applies to cats as well. I didn't read anything on cats it was just dogs.

Would that ingredient be lead? They seem to like putting lead in everything! Jewelry, shoes, children's toys. :grrr:

Dana

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Honestly I can't remember what it was

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Thanks.

the germs are going the rounds. meh meh. hurty

well, they don't have to come in to my office. i have the cawffee pot though. muwahahah

...looks like it's time to get out the "big guns" Need to go to the Asian grocery and get spices for making curries again.

wasabi!!! :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Honestly I can't remember what it was

Some sort of antibiotic that is banned in the West

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited November 2013

there's no yeast in the buttermilk scone recipe, but it rises a bit. it's only flour, buttermilk, baking soda and salt. maybe i should try making it with rice milk, i've never cooked with rice milk.

tnite i'm gonna boil chopmeat and some rice for my bubby's dindins. i should make something for myself too, easy on the stomach stuff.

could go for a sweet potatoe or yam with butter and cinnamons on it. oh yeah, come home to momma :lol:

very,very easy
    1.5 cup of unbleached flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    whisk powders.
    1 cup buttermilk
    i stir it together with a rubber spatula
    then,
    roll into a log, place on piece of tinfoil on cookie sheet.
    bake 425F 20 minutes.
    smear with butter or jam, hot from oven.

here is what it looks like hot from the oven. :) i have such a lovely camera, but i keep using the cel camera.

buttermilksconelog.jpg
    640 x 480 - 45K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited November 2013

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...and this is from someone who grew up during the "space race" with predictions back then that we'd have large orbital stations, installations on the Moon, and even commercial orbital shuttle service (like in the film 2001) by now.
    LOL. Your preaching to the choir my friend, I watched the first Moon landing live and all the rest that were televised even the boring ones. LOL. I'm just happy to see NASA not shut down as many think it has been done. And with the current Prez in office, who only supports Man to mars, I'll take any funding NASA can get at this time. Even if other ways are better.
    ...I remember sitting around the old Zenith to watch Alan Shepard's flight and John Glenn when he was in orbit as they had a live TV camera in the spacecraft.

Then there were the Gemini flights, the space walks, rendezvous between Gemini 6 and 7, and the "Angry Alligator" (the ADTA docking target vehicle which failed to jettison the launch shroud)

In 1968, our model rocketry society did a simultaneous launch with Apollo 8 that circled the moon. Listened to the countdown on a transistor radio and at "Zero" we launched. Sun had barely come up and it was very cold that December morning.

Seven months later we all gathered around the telly once again to watch the launch of Apollo 11 and history being made when Niel Armstrong stepped off onto the lunar surface.

In spring 1970 we all held our collective breaths as the crippled Apollo 13 limped around the backside of the moon out of radio contact and headed home using the LM as a "lifeboat" and it's descent engine for critical course corrections. Incidentally, the flight commander, James Lovell was also the command module pilot on Apollo 8. Along with Eugene Cernan, and John Young, he was one of only three astronauts (and the first) to make the trip to the moon twice. Unfortunately he never got to set foot on it. Lovell also hailed from my old home town of Milwaukee WI.

...that's how much I was into it back then.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited November 2013

I love the movie Apollo 13. It was such a bummer Lovell never got to set foot on the moon. Also For The Earth To The Moon was awesome

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Is it just me or is http://www.norithanarts.com/ down?

it's showing me a getting started page.

was it a free site?

i pay the yahoo hosted one, it's 39$ every 3 months,
    paying extra 3dollars a month for them to keep my home address private. messages to my site go to them first, then they send it to me.
    they don't support Frontpage extentions any more.
    my dw8 doesn't work anymore with them cuz they nowadays require ftps. i have to upload 5 pages at a time through their page building tools

It is a site that I am just setting up. I got it last night. I am using GoDaddy. I was trying to work on it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

If you were that into it, you should have tried to get into a related field. You'd be enjoying what you do for a living. Or maybe you did and I just brought up bad memories. :shut:

Dana

edited December 1969

...that was probably one of the more faithful portrayals of a RL event.

I actually could feel the "cold" during the scenes where you could see frost on the inside of the windows and the astronaut's breaths.

When a film makes you feel as if you are actually there, it has done it's job well.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    If you were that into it, you should have tried to get into a related field. You'd be enjoying what you do for a living. Or maybe you did and I just brought up bad memories. :shut:

Dana

...yeah but no biggie.

I actually was preparing for a career in Aerospace Engineering and the majority of my coursework was focused in that direction (didn't meet the vision requirement to fly anything more than a Cessna and the Air Force wouldn't take me because of a spinal condition). Less than a year before I graduated secondary school, funding for the SST programme was eliminated and Boeing (who was awarded the project) began their "historic" layoffs which nearly turned Seattle into a "ghost town".

Having come from the "other side of the tracks", the only way I could have afforded to attend the AE programme at University of Washington (as I would have been an "out of state" student) was via an internship through Boeing which also stopped accepting any new student interns that year. The only engineering degrees offered at the University of Wisconsin back then were in agricultural and general mechanical/electrical engineering, the latter two which were geared more towards the region's heavy manufacturing, machine, and auto industries instead of aircraft and spacecraft.

Still never quite lost interest but now more of an "armchair" engineer. (which is why I want to get into modelling, just need to save up the Zloty's for Modo).

Heck maybe I should buy a Powerball ticket so if I win, I can book a flight on Branson's Virgin Galactic.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    Added Look At My Fur™ presets to this old thing. :)

Which old thing? The cat or the mouse? Is that House Mouse? Will you share the preset? I have the free player. I don't know if I can use that thing, though. I've heard it's resource heavy. I'm still only on WinXP Pro with only 4Gigs of RAM installed.

Dana
    Both. The Mouse is Joe Quick's Mouse for Genesis, which comes with the preset already applied
    http://www.daz3d.com/mouse-for-genesis
    The Mill Cat presets can be downloaded here, along with presets for other animals you may have in your zoo:
    http://www.furrythings.com/presets-animals/
    There are presets for humanoids as well. :)

Speaking of animals, they are all 40% off for 4 hours here at Daz right now.

edited November 2013

...hmmm, Horse2 starter for 25$ And it includes an English riding saddle.

Noggin's Cow for 7.77$ (where's Socratease?).

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

...yeah but no biggie.

I actually was preparing for a career in Aerospace Engineering and the majority of my coursework was focused in that direction (didn't meet the vision requirement to fly anything more than a Cessna and the Air Force wouldn't take me because of a spinal condition). Less than a year before I graduated secondary school, funding for the SST programme was eliminated and Boeing (who was awarded the project) began their "historic" layoffs which nearly turned Seattle into a "ghost town".

Having come from the "other side of the tracks", the only way I could have afforded to attend the AE programme at University of Washington (as I would have been an "out of state" student) was via an internship through Boeing which also stopped accepting any new student interns that year. The only engineering degrees offered at the University of Wisconsin back then were in agricultural and general mechanical/electrical engineering, the latter two which were geared more towards the region's heavy manufacturing, machine, and auto industries instead of aircraft and spacecraft.

Still never quite lost interest but now more of an "armchair" engineer. (which is why I want to get into modelling, just need to save up the Zloty's for Modo).

Heck maybe I should buy a Powerball ticket so if I win, I can book a flight on Branson's Virgin Galactic.

My youngest is wanting to go through Aerospace Engineering

edited December 1969

...give him or her all the encouragement you can. Also check out related internship, grant, and scholarship programmes.

edited December 1969

He's in a robotics club and in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) program at school so he's on his way. He's working on 11th grade work in 7th grade and getting straight A's

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Added Look At My Fur™ presets to this old thing. :)

is he guarding himself or the cheese? :)
    "...the mouse takes the cheese. Hi ho, the merry-o..." :)

edited November 2013

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...and this is from someone who grew up during the "space race" with predictions back then that we'd have large orbital stations, installations on the Moon, and even commercial orbital shuttle service (like in the film 2001) by now.
    LOL. Your preaching to the choir my friend, I watched the first Moon landing live and all the rest that were televised even the boring ones. LOL. I'm just happy to see NASA not shut down as many think it has been done. And with the current Prez in office, who only supports Man to mars, I'll take any funding NASA can get at this time. Even if other ways are better.
    I'm still waiting on my flying car. I was promised a flying car by Popular Mechanics magazine, darn it!
    1361531778_popular-mechanics.jpg
    381 x 500 - 160K
    popmechcover-0191.jpg
    430 x 597 - 174K
    Flying_car%2C_cover_of_Popular_Mechanics%2C_Feb_1951.jpg
    423 x 600 - 83K
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited November 2013

Frank0314 said:
    He's in a robotics club and in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) program at school so he's on his way. He's working on 11th grade work in 7th grade and getting straight A's

...excellent. When I was in school at his age, robotics was still pretty much in the realm of Sci Fi.

Shoot, back in those days, computer science was some "egghead" subject that you had to go to the likes of MIT or CalTech to study.

With the technology available today, young people have new "doors" into their career choices that weren't available to us.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...give him or her all the encouragement you can. Also check out related internship, grant, and scholarship programmes.

Do they still have Space Camp?
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Warm today but the radio is saying there is a big storm on way from the South Pole, sounds cold brrrr :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Frank0314 said:

...excellent. When I was in school at his age, robotics was still pretty much in the realm of Sci Fi.

Shoot, back in those days, computer science was some "egghead" subject that you had to go to the likes of MIT or CalTech to study.

With the technology available today, young people have new "doors" into their career choices that weren't available to us.

I could count binary on my fingers when I was 12, there was a teacher who built a basic binary calculator from light globes in series and I was hooked for life :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Warm today but the radio is saying there is a big storm on way from the South Pole, sounds cold brrrr :)

You should move closer to the North Pole. Santa is on his way from there next month.
    1e_d_50612_0_SantaClausIsCominToTown.jpg
    420 x 598 - 66K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I'm still waiting on my flying car. I was promised a flying car by Popular Mechanics magazine, darn it!
    ...I remember Mad Magazine once did a parody on PM which included an article on how to build your own full size Stratojet in your basement using flattened soup cans and vacuum cleaners set in reverse for the engines.
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Do they still have Space Camp?
    ...looks like they do.

http://www.spacecamp.com/

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

i have not heard of Ashburn or CloudFlare until today. Obviously, I can connect to Daz3d.com now.

Daz_3d_offline.jpg
    788 x 404 - 63K
    edited December 1969

meh meh. misery. tossing cookies last night and this morning, only without the cookies.
    killed my voice. squeek whisper noisy air. i gave all my ricolas, now i have none. hurty. sherbert or italian ice wold be so good.

got up at 5am to walk my buppy, he's having a hard time. anxiety over him is killing my stomach.
    i'm at the dayjob and can only hope he doesn't need me right now. i think St.Francis Assissi is the whom i need to pray to.

found some advice on fw on how to add a morph to a morph. gonna try to make ear movment morphs for Layla Doll's ears.

Saint Francis of a See-Saw is the patron saint of ups and downs :lol:

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Hoooly crap
    http://9gag.com/gag/aVOwEr2

I've played Majora's Mask before, but seeing the sheer amount of detail the person put into making this replica o___o
    And that end result! :D

This image shows the person taking a block of wood and crafting it into the shape and form of the Majora's Mask (From the same game :P ) as well as painting it, carving it, putting detail into it...

And then some photos of it out in the woods (Where, in the game it was found)

The end result is just so amazing.

whoa amazing detail in those :)

edited December 1969

i have not heard of Ashburn or CloudFlare until today. Obviously, I can connect to Daz3d.com now.

works for me 1100 AEDT

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited November 2013

Urf... Well I don't think I'll be around to post in this thread before the new iteration spawns ^^;
    Super tired right now, headache developing, and I can't talk to anyone without stuttering and getting all flustered and stuff. >_<<br /> Plus the appointment with my new psychiatrist got rescheduled to tomorrow morning, so I'll have to get lots of sleep (Psh yeah right) tonight :O

When I get back from that I'll probably be heading straight to bed.
    Le sigh, don't post nearly as often as I used to :(

Post edited by Rezca on
This discussion has been closed.