The new Centaur 'n stuff thread - reloaded

Comments

• Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210
    I have Harry and completed a morph for a G8 centaur in hexagon. However, there are still some issues. Daz screws up the rigging when I save and reload the figure. Plus I do not know if there are unused morph channels in the cr2 that I can use for a morph injection.
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

How well would that translate to v4 or m4?

V4/Harry is in progress. For Poser it is a quite simple process, but I will require some assistance for Studio.

Hemi426 said:

V4/Harry is in progress. For Poser it is a quite simple process, but I will require some assistance for Studio.

I wouldn't know how to help ... but at least I finally went from DS4.7 to 4.10, lol.

I have the morphed body parts (neck2, neck, chest2, chest, lshldr, rshldr) of the Hivewire horse as obj. In Poser the can be used to create the morphs. Creating an INJ pose using the. pmd file is possible. How would this be done in Studio to legally distribute the morph?
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited July 2019
    Hemi426 said:
    I have the morphed body parts (neck2, neck, chest2, chest, lshldr, rshldr) of the Hivewire horse as obj. In Poser the can be used to create the morphs. Creating an INJ pose using the. pmd file is possible. How would this be done in Studio to legally distribute the morph?

Use Morphloader to import obj

Under edit adjust rigging to figure shape

rightclick the obscure little hamburger menu icon in parameters choose edit mode select the morph

under that menu pick and run ERC freeze

save as asset morph and find it in the list tree that pops up and tick it

you can share the dsf file created in the data folder under your name

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited July 2019

Use Morphloader to import obj

rightclick the obscure little hamburger menu icon in parameters choose edit mode select the morph

Morphloader Pro or Advanced? If the scaling is ok for Poser, will it be ok for Studio? I exported with factor 100 from Poser und imported with 0.01 from Hexagon (damn scaling bug!).

I will try it later, thank you!

Post edited by Hemi426 on
    Hemi426 said:

WUse Morphloader to import obj

Morphloader Pro or Advanced? If the scaling is ok for Poser, will it be ok for Studio? I exported with factor 100 from Poser und imported with 0.01 from Hexagon (damn scaling bug!).

I will try it later, thank you!

Doesn’t matter but yes choose Poser scale if obj is

Oh and do this on the duf file not the Poser format

• LasserineLasserine Posts: 65

Thank you for doing this Hemi.

edited July 2019

The problem is, that the morph files only work on the poser format. On the duf file I get a "Vertex count mismatch in Morph Loader". I tested morph loader advanced and pro in base and high resolution, the meshes of poser and studio version look identical.

Hemi426 said:

The problem is, that the morph files only work on the poser format. On the duf file I get a "Vertex count mismatch in Morph Loader". I tested morph loader advanced and pro in base and high resolution, the meshes of poser and studio version look identical.

So it will work in Daz but under the poser content tab?

Hemi426 said:

Oh dear now then I can’t help

edited July 2019

Hemi426 said:

So it will work in Daz but under the poser content tab?

No, the poser pmd file won't inject in DAZ and the other method doesn't work on the poser model. I will not do the process of morphing again on what appears to be the same mesh. I cannot see any difference and am pretty frustrated at the moment.

Edit:Maybe I found a way, will check it tomorrow.
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Uhm ... I this one is very outdated (DS 4.6), used Dawn and I never uploaded it on Sharecg ... but maybe it still works?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w31lg0rpmdr5ogc/PMDInjectionToDazStudioMorphMorphLoaderPro.pdf

Kerya said:

Uhm ... I this one is very outdated (DS 4.6), used Dawn and I never uploaded it on Sharecg ... but maybe it still works?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w31lg0rpmdr5ogc/PMDInjectionToDazStudioMorphMorphLoaderPro.pdf

Thank you for your ssistance, but I think I found a workflow.

I tried opening the Poser cr2 with the morph applied in Studio (only the horse). Then I switched it to Triax Weight mapping. I loaded the DS version of Harry, switched it to base resolution and tried to transfer the morph with the transfer utility (only the morph). But then Studio crashed every time I tried.

So I exported the shape of the cr2 horse as OBJ with DAZ scaling and used this with morph loader pro on the DAZ version. This worked! If I save the morph as asset, it can be distributed, right?

Proof of concept, V4 left, G8 right:

SideBySide.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

Yes the duf morph is able to be redistributed 

just set up a matching data folder structure with the dsf in it

• LasserineLasserine Posts: 65

Hemi those look great.  Will it also work on Gen 3 ?

Lasserine said:

Hemi those look great.  Will it also work on Gen 3 ?

Yes, as Genesis 8 and 3 have the same base mesh. But you'll need the Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs res. the G3 Version.

Hemi426 said:

Proof of concept, V4 left, G8 right:

This is looking awesome ... I'm all over the v4/harry centaur. Will you be doing m4 and k4 versions, too?

edited July 2019
    M4 should be possible, K4 is not planned because I do not have the K4 morphs. Is there a hivewire horse foal? Edit: I just discovered the foal
    Hemi426 said:
    M4 should be possible, K4 is not planned because I do not have the K4 morphs. Is there a hivewire horse foal? Edit: I just discovered the foal

I'm super-excited about this as a possibility for me. Is the v4/m4 going to be an available product somewhere? If LAMH could also be incorporated, I'd pay lots of money for the combo.

Hemi426 said:

I'm super-excited about this as a possibility for me. Is the v4/m4 going to be an available product somewhere? If LAMH could also be incorporated, I'd pay lots of money for the combo.

Keep in mind that this is not a professional product and it will be free. So it has it's limitations.Horse poses that bend, twist oder side-side the neck2 will result in poke through but by resetting these dials this can be compensated. The same will happen for poses that affect the lower body of the human figure.

Here's a WIP (Victoria 4.2 on HiveWire Horse).

WIP_V42.jpg
    1920 x 1559 - 653K

Very exciting, all the same  :)

edited July 2019

Woohoo! Can't wait till I have time to play with it. If someone gifted you with the k4 morphs, so you could create a k4/harrry foal model, what exactly would you need?

This pic turned out quite nicely, I think. I downloaded the Hivewire Horse again, found the iray shaders and converted the bump map to a normal map. About the foal: Actually I purchased the Kids4 years ago. But I do not have the foal morph, So I cannot tell if it will work with the current morph. But as the shape, especially of the neck area, is quite different, it might be easier to start from scratch.
    CentaurMaid.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 442K
  • CWRWCWRW Posts: 86

Nice!!!! Great image overall and I am really loving how the "Harry" part looks! Great job!

Hemi426 said:
    This pic turned out quite nicely, I think. I downloaded the Hivewire Horse again, found the iray shaders and converted the bump map to a normal map. About the foal: Actually I purchased the Kids4 years ago. But I do not have the foal morph, So I cannot tell if it will work with the current morph. But as the shape, especially of the neck area, is quite different, it might be easier to start from scratch.

Your harry centaur looks so natural :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553
    Hemi426 said:

Great image!

Good to see you back! I have been using your old versions forever since i hate the hight transition between horse and figure on the official DAZ centaur.

Looking forward to anything new you come up with for the newer figure!