SereneNight's Sci-Fi Fun Thread 2

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited July 2019

That one is Sara's skin only.

Arms on the men, frustrate me. That and the necks are Gen8's big flaws in my opinion. Sometimes the bends just distort for no reason. It really is a pita.

A not-entirely-random oddball question: have we seen Adult Owen from before the aliens got hold of him the first time? As I understand it, he looks more or less like himself, just really pale; is that right?

Since I just jump around, I probably have been lazy depicting that. Especially when it is a detail that comes with long explanation.

Owen's skin, is Gianni 7. I tweaked it to be paler. Most of the images I show have this tweaked skin.

I had always intended to make Gianni 7 default his regular skin, and the altered one (which I use most of the time), to his Post Alien Operation skin.

Since the romance doesn't really start until he looks like the one on the right, most of the images, are of him post reconstruction.

The aliens, replace Owen's lungs with 3 lungs. He has the new improved impervious skin, and also has ceased to age. He's about 26 when he stops aging altogether. Age-wise Owen is younger than boyd by less than a year. Boyd looks younger, because they put people in bodies that are about 18-21, and with slow aging tech, he is physically younger than Owen, but also bigger by about 6 inches.

I had always intended to upgrade Owen's skin, but haven't found one that I have liked. I then decided to wait until Gianni 8, which I wonder if we'll see.

altered.png
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited July 2019

So here is a comparison. We have Sara's skin (minus gens), on Owen, on the Left. Gianni 7 with the pallid tweaks I have made in the center Owen, and on the right we have Gianni 7, with Sara's skin settings. I stil favor the original one, but some transparencey is nice in certain lighting.

I should note, I'm not great at tweaking skins... I do little things... When I can, but surfaces aren't my real stock in trade.

guys.jpg
    1600 x 1400 - 909K
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650

I don't have Sara yet, but if you dial down the translucency on the lips they should become paler. I'm no expert, nor am I in your head to know how you envision these characters, but I personally think either Sara or Gianni with Sara settings look the best. It looks nicely pale, but still human. If you know what I mean. And the Gianni skin with Sara settings does have the plus side of having a gens texture. 

edited July 2019

Here's DZ G8M HommeSecretZ Set 2 by Dzheng. You get a nice pair of sandals, ruched-waist short-shorts  and a mid-drift baring t-shirt. The shorts come in a variety of colors, and a textured expansion pack. Included with the base package are some wild clear plastic shorts. Save those for club wear or date night!

What I wish I could see in these textures were side stripes. Man, I think they would be so nice with that.

All the usual morphs, and adjustments are included

xx.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M

I don't have Sara yet, but if you dial down the translucency on the lips they should become paler. I'm no expert, nor am I in your head to know how you envision these characters, but I personally think either Sara or Gianni with Sara settings look the best. It looks nicely pale, but still human. If you know what I mean. And the Gianni skin with Sara settings does have the plus side of having a gens texture. 

That is what I'm leaning towards myself. Not having the gens is a pain.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

That one is Sara's skin only.

Arms on the men, frustrate me. That and the necks are Gen8's big flaws in my opinion. Sometimes the bends just distort for no reason. It really is a pita.

I know what you mean. I think that if you have either of the Muscularity sets, you can pull in the volume of the distorted triceps. I know that Musculature HD by xenic101 has a slider for the triceps (two, even -- that said, flexions tend to operate on the entire body rather than in specific parts, so.), but I'm not sure about Muscularity Morphs, since I didn't buy that one.

vwrangler said:

A not-entirely-random oddball question: have we seen Adult Owen from before the aliens got hold of him the first time? As I understand it, he looks more or less like himself, just really pale; is that right?

Since I just jump around, I probably have been lazy depicting that. Especially when it is a detail that comes with long explanation.

Owen's skin, is Gianni 7. I tweaked it to be paler. Most of the images I show have this tweaked skin.

I had always intended to make Gianni 7 default his regular skin, and the altered one (which I use most of the time), to his Post Alien Operation skin.

Since the romance doesn't really start until he looks like the one on the right, most of the images, are of him post reconstruction.

The aliens, replace Owen's lungs with 3 lungs. He has the new improved impervious skin, and also has ceased to age. He's about 26 when he stops aging altogether. Age-wise Owen is younger than boyd by less than a year. Boyd looks younger, because they put people in bodies that are about 18-21, and with slow aging tech, he is physically younger than Owen, but also bigger by about 6 inches.

I had always intended to upgrade Owen's skin, but haven't found one that I have liked. I then decided to wait until Gianni 8, which I wonder if we'll see.

Ah, OK. I was wondering because Sara is so freckly that she almost makes him look like that's where he's supposed to be, as opposed to "this is what happens when aliens who don't understand human skin tones tinker," if you see what I mean. I like the way he looks with Sara, myself, but I kind of like where you had him originally, as well.

By "impervious skin", do you mean that he's basically bulletproof now? Is that a futuristic-soldiers-technology thing or an "aliens didn't realize that human skin doesn't work that way" thing? (And if it's an aliens thing, how much experimentation has he had to endure from his own side to try to uncover his biological secrets?)

edited July 2019

On the subject of Women's clothing suitable for men, here is FG Country Girl Outfit  modelled by Boyd and Boydette.

This came as part of a bundle I picked up recently. You get shirt, top, and hat- no shoes. It fit the guys surprisingly well. There were no smoothing morphs so I had to add them.

If  you buy the bundle, you get the outfit, poses, and a funky western bedroom, which the guys will have to visit sometime.

xxz.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Owen- New skin.

Would you mind sharing that scene (with Owen dialed out). I really like the lighting and the skin material settings. I've been trying to do similar but haven't been able too.

Owen- New skin.

Would you mind sharing that scene (with Owen dialed out). I really like the lighting and the skin material settings. I've been trying to do similar but haven't been able too.

vwrangler said:

Owen- New skin.

So is that Sara's skin, or his old skin with the new settings you took from Sara's skin?

His left tricep looks ... interesting, there.

That's Sara's skin. 

edited July 2019

The scene is boring, the lighting is the result of a photoshop action, I sometimes use called 'legendary.' How it works is you render yourr character with a transparent background. You make a mask of him or her, then add something basic as the background. You then choose the direction of the light. It generates a lighting effect in your scene, which I then tweak to suit me with extra layers.

I usually remove the telltale bokeh, and dust, since that is a quick tell that the light is a photoshop trick.

https://graphicriver.net/item/legendary-photoshop-action/13472336

edited July 2019
    vwrangler said:

Ah, OK. I was wondering because Sara is so freckly that she almost makes him look like that's where he's supposed to be, as opposed to "this is what happens when aliens who don't understand human skin tones tinker," if you see what I mean. I like the way he looks with Sara, myself, but I kind of like where you had him originally, as well.

I toyed with the idea that Owen might have freckles. He is of the fair skinned ancestry. But, it makes him look too different. A few, maybe.. But a full face of freckles makes him look a bit too Jimmy Olsen for my liking.

vwrangler said:

By "impervious skin", do you mean that he's basically bulletproof now? Is that a futuristic-soldiers-technology thing or an "aliens didn't realize that human skin doesn't work that way" thing? (And if it's an aliens thing, how much experimentation has he had to endure from his own side to try to uncover his biological secrets?)

He can die. But it is unlikely that he can be cut, stabbed, or stuck with a needle, and bullets, would bruise and rebound. He couldn't get a tat, or a vaccination. He can breath through his skin, so he can't drown, unless something is wrong with the water.

Owen doesn't actually know the extent of his upgrades, as he is a careful soldier, and not prone to acts of heroism. . Some of his plattoon members are far from the same however.

The aliens are color blind, but I think they are familiar with humans. Centuries of abducting and probing humans, has revealed all there is to know about humanity. However something happened to these aliens.... They developed an abherrant trait called empathy. They were hunted, and outcast and shamed by their own kind, so they live in hiding, exploring what it means to have empathy and how they can best help, rather than harm.

When they accidentally injure Owen and his platoon, they are morally bound to correct this issue. And since they are ethical grays, correction is taken to an entirely new level.

You see, humans are flawed, so very flawed. Their cells degrade and age! They must fix that. They communicate with devices implanted in their skulls! How inefficient! 

They are telepathic, and they can read the minds of their victims quite easily. They know for example, Soldier-so-and-so has been unable to afford a new body, soldier-so-and-so is infertile. So, they fix those things.... While they are tinkering around. Alterations, corrections, and improvements are kindness. They are only giving people their hearts desires. a bonus for the hurts, they cause.

Owen's skin is burned so it must be replaced, but it would be wrong to give him skin which could be so easily damaged again. So Owen's skin is stronger, with some unusual qualities. Most of which he has not fully uncovered yet.

It is probably a bit self-serving to give Owen and his platoon these skills and abilities as well. they know, Owen and his men, will now be strong enough to stop some of the more dangerous enemies. So it is a bit win win.

This does pose problems for Owen, when he returns to base. He faces some tremendous pressure to body transfer.

The aliens for the most part, consider their alterations rather tame. They have group mind, and decide on committee what the best good they can do for each person. But they still ultimately are grays. And some of the old ways... Are hard to overcome.

They would, for example, be upset to know they had made mistakes. they would insist on correcting their pigmentatin errors, with more lengthy procedures.

The scene is boring, the lighting is the result of a photoshop action, I sometimes use called 'legendary.' How it works is you render yourr character with a transparent background. You make a mask of him or her, then add something basic as the background. You then choose the direction of the light. It generates a lighting effect in your scene, which I then tweak to suit me with extra layers.

I usually remove the telltale bokeh, and dust, since that is a quick tell that the light is a photoshop trick.

https://graphicriver.net/item/legendary-photoshop-action/13472336

I'm not really keen into diving in and buying a bunch of PS filters & PS itselself so I will have to save a copy of your image & see if I can replicate it somewhat close just via rendering with bloom and special lighting. I won't get it exactly but maybe close.

Thanks. 

edited July 2019

With this, I was testing out Candy Lights https://www.daz3d.com/candy-lights--daz-studio-iray and Beaufiul Skins, Iray https://www.daz3d.com/sf-beautiful-skin-iray-genesis-8-male

I think the combination is very... Striking almost powdery.

candyw.png
    1400 x 1600 - 1M

With this, I was testing out Candy Lights https://www.daz3d.com/candy-lights--daz-studio-iray and Beaufiul Skins, Iray https://www.daz3d.com/sf-beautiful-skin-iray-genesis-8-male

I think the combination is very... Striking almost powdery.

Looks like you've filtered it.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,773

Very pretty. Do you know, does the Candy Lights product work something like Atmocam2?

edited July 2019

The set is comprised of HDRI (in a solid color), and a sphere which has a hazy color depth at the bottom and a ground plane. There is a specific camera that loads. Your character loads in the center, with the camera at full character length.

I'm still trying to figure it out, because from some angles I get no color, and from others, especially those which tilt down, the color is more obvious.

The effect is enhanced in this case, by using beautiful skins iray which adds reflectiveness to the skin.

test-3candy.jpg
    700 x 800 - 239K
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

Oh my!  :fans self:  That is gorgeous. The skin, the light, the droolworthy hunk ... perfection! You may be responsible for me buying Beautiful Skins earlier than I'd planned, good thing it seems to be on sale now and there's the loyalty coupon still good until tomorrow. But the most important question I have is, where did you get that outfit? Good male skimpwear is so hard to find and that looks like it belongs in the honeymoon suite that just showed up in today's newsletter. :wonders if those honeymoon poses can be used on a male/male couple as well: 

Kudos on a wonderful piece of work!

edited July 2019

The outfit is a new release by Dzheng in rendo it is DZ G8M HommeSecretZ Set 2

I will look at the honeymoon poses but probably if you remove all the female hip pelvis tilt.

I also have a couple poses in my freebie section on rendo which might work like my sn grooms set.

The Beautifl Skins must be contributing a lot. Can you post a render with Owen's 'normal skin'.

Yes, beautiful skin contributes a lot. It is highly reflective. I have been testing it out as it was mentioned as interesting toony look in novicas thread. It looks good with darker lights as well, although it does give Owen-at least-really big pores. 

edited July 2019

Here is the Candy Light sets. With Original Skin, and with Beautiful Skin Iray. Beautiful skin Iray makes Owen's eyes slightly smaller due to the way it colors right up to under the eye.

The same pose (yeah I know the arms Vwrangler), but I'm too tired to change it- with a different angle and the dome rotated.

With the included camera.....

default.png
    800 x 800 - 459K
    default1.png
    800 x 800 - 474K
    defaultw.png
    800 x 800 - 648K
    defaultwx.png
    800 x 800 - 554K
  • Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

Owen- New skin.

Wonderful portrait!

Thanks! =-)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

The same pose (yeah I know the arms Vwrangler), but I'm too tired to change it- with a different angle and the dome rotated.

Honestly, it's a very nice image, and I wasn't going to say a thing. I just had pretty much the same thing happen, and I already re-rendered the sucker once (because I forgot to save before closing -- why doesn't the render window prompt for that when Studio itself does?) so he can just have a lumpy arm, you know?

edited July 2019

Totally! I usually just perform some quick emergency photoshop surgery and nip that area right off, but since this was just a test render for Nonesuch, I don't care if he has Hershey's Kiss arm. Although I guess I do care a little cause it bugs me. 

Here is the Candy Light sets. With Original Skin, and with Beautiful Skin Iray. Beautiful skin Iray makes Owen's eyes slightly smaller due to the way it colors right up to under the eye.

With the included camera.....

Thanks, it's subtle there but I think it does improve the look of your renders but who knows if it still improves renders with something like one of the sets from Jack Tomalin, Stone Mason, and the others.

edited July 2019

Here's a romantic one for you. This is the Classic Tuxedo, which I still think is my favorite of the ones we've gotten so far.

whitewedding.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited July 2019

My explanation for this- There really isn't one. wink I like Superman/Batman as a couple so, I decided to try to see what I could render. Sadly, I don't have much of a superman costume, so Clark is in his undercover reporter mode. I applied lots of filters to attempt to give this an edgier look.

towZone.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited July 2019

Here's Superman. Everything is total kitbash, because, well,finding superman stuff is.. A challenge. If you know of a clothing item that might work better than what I picked, let me know.  I wanted to see musculature from within the suit, but the HD just made the suit poke through. I think I will try RAWART's 's No suit next time when it goes on sale. Yeah, I know the belt is incorrect, but, had to go with what covered the pant's seam.

super-1.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650

That looks really good yes