SereneNight's Sci-Fi Fun Thread 2

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    Hellboy said:

Heads up, Muscleman released a nice freebie texture expansion to the MAXX swimwear here: https://www.deviantart.com/vittorio191078/art/Free-Spirit-806476708

I loved them so much I took his designs and created thong counterparts. I did some other updates here and there. He approved and probably will share them soon as well laughheart

https://cloud2.zoolz.com/s-Px3yTv6d

Oh, wow! I hope we see those real soon. They look amazing. This swimsuit is by far, my favorite male swimsuit! Thanks for posting about it  =-)

edited July 2019

On the subject of men's clothing, here is dforce H&C Mandarin Collar Shirt outfit.

As you can see it looks really real. I love the little details like the turned over cuffs of the jeans, and the collar looks natural.  

If I had any complaint, it is the shoes are a bit dressy for this outfit, but I like those jeans and shirt a great deal, and shoes can be replaced. I like the textures. I'm a fan of any textures that have something more than just plain single tone fabric.

review-1.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited July 2019

Wedding Cake recently released, allows you to customize the toppers by hiding the female, and adding a second male (or vice versa). I think the toppers look rather cute. The cake is somewhat basic, but it''s nice enough.

I put Boyd and Owen on the top. =-)

cakex.png
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited July 2019

Dzheng's new release: DZ G8M FaZhion Set 3, has some nice modeling, with plenty of little details like buttons. It recolors well, as you can see here, I recolored the shirt. It comes with some basic textures, and there is a texture expansion.

review-2.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited July 2019

This was a test of Beautiful Skins Iray in low lighting on Owen. I agree the effect of the shiny metallic skin shader adds additional drama.

test-1.png
    700 x 800 - 625K
    test.png
    700 x 800 - 456K
    edited July 2019

Another male set released today. by the wonderful Dzheng. I had a bit of trouble with the suspenders, but the set looks fun and sassy. I wish there was a morph that the suspenders would drop entirely, but there wasn't. They do go to one side, but are still warping a bit. Would like them to fall completely down.

boyd2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821

Another male set released today. by the wonderful Dzheng. I had a bit of trouble with the suspenders, but the set looks fun and sassy. I wish there was a morph that the suspenders would drop entirely, but there wasn't. They do go to one side, but are still warping a bit. Would like them to fall completely down.

I wonder if doing that sort of drop is very difficult. I have one of his older Genesis items with suspenders, and he actually had two separate sets, one to wear like you have them, and one that dangled at the sides like someone had just slipped them off.

I get making a big deal out of the prime anniversary, but I wish they'd spread his stuff out a bit more through the entire sale. It can't possibly do as well for him having them all on one day; it forces people who don't have a lot of money to pick and choose when otherwise they might just get everything.

I like this set but I do think there should be a separate down set with straps which hang down. There are morphs to slip it kind of partway down but they cling to Boyd’s pecs in weird ways. You kinda want the downward hanging ones for the sexiness.

edited July 2019

Here's Boyd wearing the DZ GM primal outfit with some of the Versus textures.

boyd-gold.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited July 2019

And here is my favorite I think. And yes, it fits nicely on the ladies as well, but Boydette, refuses to wear heels. Besides, they don't match the red of Boydette's outfit anyway.  This is Skinz02. It comes with some great textures....  I like it.

yellow-B.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    boydette.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited July 2019

On the subject of Women's things to use with men, here is today's release "Adhesive Bandages"

https://www.daz3d.com/adhesive-bandages-for-genesis-3-and-8-female-s

There is a script that you can't really use with this, that would let you position the bandaids a bit more, but each bandaid comes with a preset that works fine with the male too.. Hopefully a male edition will be released with a script that works with the guys.

One thing to note is that because this is geoshell, there is some sizing issues. Bandaids are small on the face, but big on say... The torso.

bandaids.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821

On the subject of Women's things to use with men, here is today's release "Adhesive Bandages"

https://www.daz3d.com/adhesive-bandages-for-genesis-3-and-8-female-s

There is a script that you can't really use with this, that would let you position the bandaids a bit more, but each bandaid comes with a preset that works fine with the male too.. Hopefully a male edition will be released with a script that works with the guys.

One thing to note is that because this is geoshell, there is some sizing issues. Bandaids are small on the face, but big on say... The torso.

It's by SF-Design, so he may or may not consider that Skin Doctor is enough for G8M. It has several bandage functions. However, it appears either not to have sold well, or to have sold but nobody used the scripts attached to it. (I asked Riversoft Art -- one of the three PAs involved with Skin Doctor -- a question about one of the scripts. It turns out that it had had a severe error since its launch, and nobody had asked about it until I did, something like nine months later. It seems like the sort of thing that would have sold, but I think the script may have been hurt both by the fact that the product is usable without it, and the scripts are in a totally different location from the rest of the product. I've run into that issue with Now-Crowd Billboards, which are far less dependent on its scripts staying where they're installed than Skin Doctor is.)

In other world news, do you think you might be buying Topaz Studio 2, now that it's no longer free? (Also may explain why they don't seem to have ever fixed the uploads for TS 1.)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

I got an email with a link to a free upgrade to Topaz Studio 2, because I had purchased various adjustments and plugins. So far, I am extremely disappointed in it. On the first try, it seems like a dumbed down product, not an enhanced product. Some things that were in the original Topaz Studio are missing. There is no plugin access yet. They say that is coming later. Be sure to try a trial version before paying money for it.

edited July 2019

Interestingly I think the set is likely a collaboration. It installs vanity links to both riversoft and sf design. It would’ve been so much better with a genderless script though.  It does work ok as is but I would prefer to choose my own bandage locations and who to apply it to.

On the topaz question they offered me a free upgrade to topaz labs 2 today in the email. Unlike nik collection which continuously tries to ask me to pay for an upgrade even though i just bought the paid version in January. And disappointingly found it to be sufficiently unimproved from the free google version to warrant it,topaz seems to value my business. I haven’t downloaded it- but I think I’ll do It now before they rescind the offer

I agree with Babult. It isn't worth the money. Very restricted, and I loved the community made filters in the other version. I may uninstall this. Not good.

edited July 2019

So picked up the Dark Guard Hair set and it looks pretty gnarly. Here it is out of the box, (minus the genital hair which would be against tos), but lets just say it is quite profuse. It doesn't quite match Owen's navel... But his navel has always been rather crappy... Giannis' navel just looks undefined. But even his feet have hair.

Just to clarify- Owen would hate this. So of course, thats why I chose him to model it.

Hairbeast2.jpg
    1000 x 1143 - 391K
    edited July 2019

And more bodyhair. Yep. I think I'm nearly done. I like it a bit better on Boyd. It is less stark because of his tanner skin.

Hairbeast42.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

That body hair looks like it is an inch long - too much for me.

It is definitely kinda pelt like. That wasn’t as apparent to me when I bought it because the hair was more salt and pepper.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,654

I was considering that body hair, but looking at your renders, I think I'll just get the character. Really nothing can beat Oh My Body Hair in realisim. 

edited July 2019

Boyd at the beach gave me the opportunity to mess around with billboards. The beach ones are on sale right now. =-)

BEachy.png
    1400 x 1600 - 4M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

So picked up the Dark Guard Hair set and it looks pretty gnarly. Here it is out of the box, (minus the genital hair which would be against tos), but lets just say it is quite profuse. It doesn't quite match Owen's navel... But his navel has always been rather crappy... Giannis' navel just looks undefined. But even his feet have hair.

Just to clarify- Owen would hate this. So of course, thats why I chose him to model it.

I seen that & thought that the hair is pretty good but a bit to meticulously groomed, ie, so straight and neat. It should have a morph to mess it up slightly.

Anyway, the updated version of the trunks/thong you & Hellboy talked about a page or too earlier is up: Free Spirit (version 2.0)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,796

The beard is nice on Boyd, but the body hair doesn't look right to me on either guy. Too hedgehoge-y.

• ButchButch Posts: 797

Thanks for the heads up!

As for the Dark Guard Hair, it does look rather neat.

It does look a bit thicker and hairier than I am into, I'm afraid.

edited July 2019

Here Owen fights with Dark Guard  to rescue Boyd.... Boyd is about to attack however since even in his deteriorated state he's always got Owen's back and no one touches his guy.

Dark Guard... Is a huge man and even for a brawler like Owen, he's way out of his weight class. Thank goodness he's wearing his power suit. DG- He loads at 120 percent. I shrank him down to 105 percent just so I could use this pose. But he is big in all aspects. He even looks good without hair. Which is fortunate, since... I guess the hedgehog hair bugs me too now.

I used Smay's dForce Torn Clothes for Genesis 8 Female on the two Aesir guys... This is about the first time we've seen another Aesir, so there he is. A clone like Boyd. Only much older. Probably from the 60's or 70's.

I also tried out a splash product here.

fight-Aesir3.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,796

^ That's a really strong render!

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,990
    Hellboy said:

Heads up, Muscleman released a nice freebie texture expansion to the MAXX swimwear here: https://www.deviantart.com/vittorio191078/art/Free-Spirit-806476708

I loved them so much I took his designs and created thong counterparts. I did some other updates here and there. He approved and probably will share them soon as well laughheart

https://cloud2.zoolz.com/s-Px3yTv6d

Oh, wow! I hope we see those real soon. They look amazing. This swimsuit is by far, my favorite male swimsuit! Thanks for posting about it  =-)

The update is online now!!!

https://www.deviantart.com/vittorio191078/art/Free-Spirit-vers-2-0-807316597

:) Thanks again to @soto for his big help on these 2.0! 

Thanks so much for these! I downloaded them, and am already using them. They look great.