The new Centaur 'n stuff thread - reloaded

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Could someone please re-upload the dad links atthe start of this thread? I've ben looking for centaur stuff to use with V4 and M4 for ages!!

Unfortunately they belong to Hemi and he's the only one that could re-upload them ........you could still use Ginger's Centaur tutorial to make M4 or V4 into centuars

• Is Hemi around? Where do I find the tutorial?

edited October 2016

Hemi hasn't been in the forums for awhile but here's the link to the tutorial   

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6465/the-new-centaur-n-stuff-thread-reloaded/p10     ;

scroll down to Tiger LeeArt 's post,oh and there is a morph for M4 and V4 at Philosopher's Egg's store 

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210
    edited November 2016

I will try to find a new upload place and post the links. Please be patient.

Has someone of you guys some free storage or a recommendation for a hosting service?

Post edited by Hemi426 on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Hello Hemi!!!

Why not use Sharecg? https://www.sharecg.com/b/11/Poser

If you want your own free storage - I have a free Mediafire account (10GB for free), which works painless. https://www.mediafire.com/

Kerya said:

Hello Hemi!!!

Why not use Sharecg? https://www.sharecg.com/b/11/Poser

If you want your own free storage - I have a free Mediafire account (10GB for free), which works painless. https://www.mediafire.com/

Thanks, ShareCG is a good idea!

OMG !!! Hemi long time no see!!

• Hey Hemi, hope you are doing ok :) Say you don't still happen to have that little tut you put together showing how you did the centaur morphs do you?

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,647

I for one can not wait till you get things all sorted out again laugh I know I would love to do some centaur rendering!!!

I mean I got a couple free Centaurs but I would like to make my own centaurs!!!

edited November 2016

I am doing fine. Last year I bought a house for me and my girlfriend, in September this year I proposed to her, so we are trying to find a fitting location for our marriage next year.heart

This might be the tutorial showing how I created my centaur morphs (using Poser and Hexagon).

Tutorial1text.png
    1680 x 1010 - 236K
    Tutorial2text.png
    800 x 600 - 51K
    Tutorial3text.png
    420 x 330 - 13K
    Tutorial4text.png
    1680 x 1010 - 330K
    Tutorial5text.png
    1680 x 1010 - 351K
    Tutorial6text.png
    1680 x 1010 - 306K
    Tutorial7text.png
    1680 x 1010 - 326K
    Tutorial8text.png
    1680 x 1010 - 361K
    Tutorial9text.png
    1680 x 1010 - 231K
  • Way to go Hemi! Congrats :) 

Yes that's the one I remember, thanks so much I want to see if I can do this with the Hivewire critters 

• Congrats Hemii and an early wedding blessing

May God be with you and bless you;May you see your children's children.May you be poor in misfortune,Rich in blessings,May you know nothing but happiness From this day forward.

Congrats Hemii and an early wedding blessing

May God be with you and bless you;May you see your children's children.May you be poor in misfortune,Rich in blessings,May you know nothing but happiness From this day forward.

Thank you very much, this is really touching.

I have uploaded the MillCentaurV4 to ShareCG. I packed the version 2 of my morphs in the ZIP, so can someone check if the instructions make any sense?

Can I post a link to my files on ShareCG or does this violate any rules here in the forum?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Hemi426 said:

I have uploaded the MillCentaurV4 to ShareCG. I packed the version 2 of my morphs in the ZIP, so can someone check if the instructions make any sense?

Can I post a link to my files on ShareCG or does this violate any rules here in the forum?

Yes, posting links to ShareCG is allowed...

Congratulations!! Hemi so glad things are going so good!!!

mjc1016 said:
    Hemi426 said:

Yes, posting links to ShareCG is allowed...

Great, here's the link:

https://www.sharecg.com/v/86470/browse/11/Poser/Centaur-Morph-for-DAZ-MillHorse-SR1-Victoria-4.2

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,647

Here is my first go at A Centuar type I got it for free on ShareCG. I do not have V4 or M4 to make the kind of Centuars I really want to make.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    Hemi426 said:

Hemi, do you still have the M4 Centaur 2 zip file somewhere?

I found the M4 Centaur (version 1?) called MillCentaur...improved.zip (in one of my backups) - but it seems the scene I retrieved from my old stuff needs the version 2 or whatever with the files runtime/libraries/pose/m4centaur2/horsemorphinj.pz2 and runtime/textures/m4centaur2/blmilhorsetrans2.jpg

- which must have been on the HD partition I forgot to backup... the one with all my freebies on it *yup, headdesk*

not really looking forward to redo the model again with whatever version I still have, back then I went throught the tutorial but I forgot everything :/

• Hemi it is good to see you about. And congrats for this coming year.
  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464

Hello everybody!   Hi HEMI-426!   Congrats man!   You certainly deserve Blessings and Happiness!

I get asked a lot where the Centaur Kits are HEMI426 made.  Well, I have them.  And some items he made for use with V4 and Centaurs.  I'm a little slow on the uptake, sorry. I asked HEMI if I could actually upload his kits and items to ShareCG.   And he said yes!   So, it's all there now.  Though I wish I could have put it all in his own page.  I had to put it all up on my page.  But its all in HEMI's name.  HE did the work, HE gets the credit!  And my thanks for making the fantastical centaurs and chakats possible and free for an entire decade now.

Thank you SO MUCH HEMI-426!   This is all so appreciated!

The link:   http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=mcgrandpa

That's  great McG ,I'm sure other will be glad to see Hemi's stuff avaiable again .So how you doing?

Hi Carrie!   Aw I'm still limping along.   I'll be 64 in a couple weeks.  Some days I feel pretty good, and I'm grateful for every day I wake up, still alive.   "Mortality" kinda gets shoved right in yer Kool-Aid when you deal with that C thing.  Can't take even little things, like this right here, for granted.  It's great, it's good, its wonderful!   I still work on health issues, but don't we all?  They do seem to pile up along with the birthdays. 

I got out HEMI's Riding Pants textures for the V4 Bodysuit, and am still thrilled at how Poser Pro 2014 and PP 11 can fit the clothes so well on Conform.  Wow, I remember having to wrestle them poke thru's for a while to get them tamed!  LOL!   I need to start making up some more centaurs.   My whole towns worth of saved Figures got wiped out with that old Runtimes 1TB hd  croaking over.   But I been kind of re-thinking that somewhat.   I mean, having SOME fully dressed and ready to render Figures saved is good.  But I had hundreds of humans saved and dozens of Centaurs saved.  Better to have a few that can be easily changed up and used as needed?  Gonna try that for a while.   I also have a few dozen specialized Runtimes, and save those to BluRay 25 gig BD disks.  The first three rules of computering come to mind.  Back it up.   Then, Back it up.  And Back it up again.  Minimum!   Losing so much work is a drag.  All the content was safely backed up.  But not the installed and worked up render ready stuff.  I knew better, and was lazy, procrastinating, and then BIT! 

I have discovered how nice SSD drives are.  I have two in right now, and want to order another next month.  

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247

Good to see you McG

I hit the 64 mark back in February and just find myself getting lazy with nothing that I absolutly have to go do

Hi Robert!  Good seeing you too man!   I'll join your Club 64 in two weeks.   I'm tired, got to keep getting up and moving though.  Seen what happens when we don't.  And I am making new centaurs again!

edited July 2019
    Heya, I am still around! I have experimented a bit with millhorse 2 and the whole process is a bit more complicated. So a millhorse 1 / G8 version would be much easier. It works the same way as the V4 version but also has the same limitations.
    G8Centaur.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

Hey Hemi long time no see!! How's everything going? and yup I pretty much do the Milhorse with your morph for any figures I want that I want the horse body to have more shapes , did you ever do a morph for the HiveWire horse?

• Welcome back Hemi. 

• DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 157

Hi Hemi, long time no see. Good to know you are still around :) 

I too would be interested in a morph for the HiveWire Horse+G8 

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited July 2019

How many navels does a centaur have ?

(that's actually a question, not a joke... ;o)

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

I'd love a centaur morph for Harry, too ... but I still use v4.