Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    edited June 2019

Is there a list of supported browsers?  I have just dumped Chrome and the only thing I will miss is the DAZ-Deals.  I'm using edge for now.

The supported browsers and the download links to the addon for those browsers are listed at the top of the first post: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

Other browsers that are based on these are also supported.

Post edited by Ati on
  • JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798
    edited July 2019

I am having the same issue of not being able to load the wishlist on Chrome. With MULTIPLE Wishlists checked it runs a script "forever" or until the browser generates an error.

Post edited by JazzyBear on
    JazzyBear said:

I am having the same issue of not being able to load the wishlist on Chrome. With MULTIPLE Wishlists checked it runs a script "forever" or until the browser generates an error.

The multiple wishlist feature does need to do a lot of calculations. Is this a slower machine with a huge wishlist and/or many categories?

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798
    Ati said:
    JazzyBear said:

The multiple wishlist feature does need to do a lot of calculations. Is this a slower machine with a huge wishlist and/or many categories?

5 categories 930 items less than 20 have a category... Was fine 1week ago

JazzyBear said:

Was fine 1week ago

These are our main issues when it comes to reproducing these problems because there was no new version of the addon in the last couple of weeks, so what changed? Can you try in a few days to see if it's working again?

• RhaleRhale Posts: 77
    Ati said:
    JazzyBear said:

Was fine 1week ago

These are our main issues when it comes to reproducing these problems because there was no new version of the addon in the last couple of weeks, so what changed? Can you try in a few days to see if it's working again?

This is what happened on Firefox too. I had ~400 items in wishlist, most of them in multiple wishlists. It handled fine - a delay of a few seconds at most. Then just before last weekend, the browser started choking on multi wish list feature. This weekend I have tried Opera and everything seems to be working ok.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

One option that I, as a newbie, would appreciate is the ability to exclude generations of characters I didn't buy when they were current, and have no intention of investing in.   For example, I've disabled the "most discounted" option, because 95% of the items are for Genesis and Genesis 2 characters and related assets.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775
    Sevrin said:

One option that I, as a newbie, would appreciate is the ability to exclude generations of characters I didn't buy when they were current, and have no intention of investing in.   For example, I've disabled the "most discounted" option, because 95% of the items are for Genesis and Genesis 2 characters and related assets.

Don't ignore the potential of products created for older generations. There's some great stuff out there, and it's not too difficult to adapt it for use with later figures. Plus it's often sold at very deep discounts!

• RhaleRhale Posts: 77
    Rhale_2 said:
    Ati said:
    JazzyBear said:

This weekend I have tried Opera and everything seems to be working ok.

Except for the "View these Artists Together", that's listing everything in the store.

• With sales like today's, we need a button to exclude PC+ items, IMHO.  That would have made shopping with the Free Stuff coupon much easier...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

With sales like today's, we need a button to exclude PC+ items, IMHO.  That would have made shopping with the Free Stuff coupon much easier...

We already have that!  It is a link called Hide PC+ Items.

• A link - where? 

• DERP!  Never mind, I see it - now, when I have never noticed it before, of course.  Missed my spot obvious roll, clearly...

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited July 2019

I'd like to try and install this again and see if I can get it working. It was working, then after a couple months it stopped, even though nothing on my computer had been changed, my email addy is the same, and it works fine for all my other mail.

Do you have a link to the download? I can't seem to find it...or the most current version of it.  Also, I had a code, but do I need a new one since it's a re-install? How do I get rid of my old code since I have uninstalled the plugin a couple months ago.

We talked in PM a while back, but nothing got resolved, and I couldn't get it working.

Post edited by sapat on
    sapat said:

I'd like to try and install this again and see if I can get it working. It was working, then after a couple months it stopped, even though nothing on my computer had been changed, my email addy is the same, and it works fine for all my other mail.

Do you have a link to the download? I can't seem to find it...or the most current version of it.  Also, I had a code, but do I need a new one since it's a re-install? How do I get rid of my old code since I have uninstalled the plugin a couple months ago.

We talked in PM a while back, but nothing got resolved, and I couldn't get it working.

Your issue back then was with your email provider. They accepted our emails, telling us that all is good, but never actually delivered them to you. If this issue has been resolved, then you can keep using the same code you had before. Download the addon (links for the different browsers are in the first post in this thread), and on the addon options page, enter your email address and the old passcode. (Remember: this is NOT your Daz password. Never give us your Daz login details!) If that code does not work for any reason, then click the "Forgot your passcode?" link, and follow the instructions. Our emails need to get to your mailbox for this to work.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,129

Awesome addon, I should've installed this way earlier! A lot of features that should've been in the standard Daz Store interface, and then some extra.

Next you're going to tell me that you're working on a visual shopping basket overlay that persists across multiple browsertabs? (hint, hint)

Drip said:

Next you're going to tell me that you're working on a visual shopping basket overlay that persists across multiple browsertabs? (hint, hint)

Can you give me an example of what you mean?

• DripDrip Posts: 1,129
    edited July 2019
    Ati said:
    Drip said:

Hmm, hard to explain, but usually I have a bunch of tabs open when I buy something, and try to figure out which items to put together to stay within a specific budget (for example, for todays $70 Daz originals bonus). Sometimes by adding/removing items and then refreshing the tab with the shopping basket, but if some script could update and display the value and maybe also the contents of my shopping basket between tabs, that would be neat. Especially when I remove stuff from my shopping basket again to try a different combination, I occasionally loose them from my wishlist (probably due to misclicking "remove from basket" instead of "move to wishlist")

Post edited by Drip on
    Drip said:
    Ati said:
    Drip said:

Hmm, hard to explain, but usually I have a bunch of tabs open when I buy something, and try to figure out which items to put together to stay within a specific budget (for example, for todays $70 Daz originals bonus). Sometimes by adding/removing items and then refreshing the tab with the shopping basket, but if some script could update and display the value and maybe also the contents of my shopping basket between tabs, that would be neat. Especially when I remove stuff from my shopping basket again to try a different combination, I occasionally loose them from my wishlist (probably due to misclicking "remove from basket" instead of "move to wishlist")

I think I get it. We do have one cart-related item on the todo list--when we get to that I may play with this request a bit. My first reaction is that loading the shopping cart page is a pretty resource-intensive task on the Daz servers (ie: it takes quite a while to load the cart when you have multiple items in it), so constantly loading that in the background, even when you're not looking at the cart page specifically, is something Daz would not be too happy with.

• GutoCraftsGutoCrafts Posts: 50

This is a very useful browser add. Thanks for creating this! For a longe time, I was wondering how much I have spent here and now I know can confirm that I'm crazy!

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687

With todays sale items, I decided that I can no longer face wading through hundreds of items to see if any of them are in my wishlist.  I've looked at this thread with interest many times, and today I finally decided to install Chrome on my pc and then added the plugin.

There is so much more to the plugin than I thought - I particularly like the ability to see gallery images that use a product, and the graphs of prices over time for a product.  Thank you for the continuing development, this is going to save me a lot of time.

With todays sale items, I decided that I can no longer face wading through hundreds of items to see if any of them are in my wishlist.  I've looked at this thread with interest many times, and today I finally decided to install Chrome on my pc and then added the plugin.

There is so much more to the plugin than I thought - I particularly like the ability to see gallery images that use a product, and the graphs of prices over time for a product.  Thank you for the continuing development, this is going to save me a lot of time.

I'm glad you like it. :)

Two new features are under testing at the moment, so there's even more to come. :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

vivaldi?

does it spare the pain of webp ?

thanx

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

I've lost track of the thread, but remember something about a link or something that will take you somewhere when you click on the DDB icon that shows you a wiki list or some sort filelist thing. All DDB does for me is take me back to the settings page where I originally started when I signed up.

Sorry I don't remember.

sapat said:

I've lost track of the thread, but remember something about a link or something that will take you somewhere when you click on the DDB icon that shows you a wiki list or some sort filelist thing. All DDB does for me is take me back to the settings page where I originally started when I signed up.

What are you looking for? What would you like to do?

Mystarra said:

vivaldi?

Here is a link to the Vivaldi version (which is the same as for Chrome): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daz-deals/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc

If you need the links for other supported browsers, you can find the links to them in the first post of the thread.

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 631

I use the comments to categorize the items in the wishlist, absolutely couldn't do without this feature! Would ENORMOUSLY appreciate being able to categorize items directly from the product page, a "see this item in my wishlist" feature, an "EXCLUDE category" or "figure" filter (as someone already proposed).

Ruthven said:

Would ENORMOUSLY appreciate being able to categorize items directly from the product page

This is done, and is under testing right now.

Ruthven said:

a "see this item in my wishlist" feature

What would this do?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

not seeing the checkbox for owned.

the bundle thing is working.  is a treat.  

ahzo never thought to print the webp * to pdf.  still wont see thumbnails though in windows folders.

no check box.JPG
    311 x 234 - 16K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited August 2019
    Mystarra said:

not seeing the checkbox for owned.

the bundle thing is working.  is a treat.  

ahzo never thought to print the webp * to pdf.  still wont see thumbnails though in windows folders.

It is right there is your screenshot "Only show owned".

Edit: Oh, I see, the words are there but not the box. Weird.

Post edited by barbult on
This discussion has been closed.