Teen Jane 8

Comments

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    The skin on Sara is very nice. But I don't care for the character without Jane 8

Yes, I love the skin. I might pick Jane up at some point. I might feel differently about the character once I have the full morph. Can anyone look to see how much of Jane is actually dialed into the Sara character?

In the meantime, another one of Sara without the Jane morph. Minimal postwork. I like how it turned out.

The Sara character dials in Jane @ 100% (head and body)

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Here are two pictures, one with teen Jane base character and the other is teen Jane and gorilla 8 using Babyfication, yes I know the gorillas head is too big for a baby lol

F19A67A3-C02F-49B9-A08B-0AFFACDF25F4.png
    649 x 861 - 842K
    CDE1E78F-699C-455A-8CF7-C8B808281CDD.png
    1100 x 800 - 2M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    JamesJAB said:
    The skin on Sara is very nice. But I don't care for the character without Jane 8

Yes, I love the skin. I might pick Jane up at some point. I might feel differently about the character once I have the full morph. Can anyone look to see how much of Jane is actually dialed into the Sara character?

In the meantime, another one of Sara without the Jane morph. Minimal postwork. I like how it turned out.

The Sara character dials in Jane @ 100% (head and body)

Thanks, @dkgoose!

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited July 2019

Ha, testing 2 birds with one stone as it were... quick and dirty render.

Sara for Teen Jane and a well-modeled Polikarpov Po-2 bomber, which was historically rather interesting because of its use by a female combat air unit during WW2.

Here's the model, anyway. https://www.sharecg.com/v/78033/browse/5/3D-Model/Polikarpov-Po-2

Not so much about Sara in this one, I guess, but if fits here.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Here's Cassidy render not complete but wanted to do another one

I missed that one. I like this sort of modern Betty Boop style.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

I missed that one. I like this sort of modern Betty Boop style.

She does look sort of Betty Boop.  Skin looks a little wonky should have let the render finish

Here is just plain Jane.  

Jane 8.png
    718 x 921 - 611K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,581

..so about Sarah, do you need Teen Jane or will she work with just G8F.   She has a much more "mid teens" look and I love those freckles particularly with ginger hair.

• kyoto kid said:

..so about Sarah, do you need Teen Jane or will she work with just G8F.   She has a much more "mid teens" look and I love those freckles particularly with ginger hair.

Sara loads in with the following dials

• Under Actor - People
      • 0% anything (???)
    • Under Full Body - People
      • 100% Sara Boy
      • 100% Teen Jane Body
    • Under Head - People
      • 100% Sara Head
      • 100% Teen Jane Head

So, even if you owned Teen Jane, you can conceivably have 0% Teen Jane and still have 100% Sara. Not having Teen Jane shouldn't prevent you from using the "Sara" dials under Full Body and Head.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Nice render but her eyes are way too big; is that default?

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    kyoto kid said:

Both of the images I posted above (links down below) are Sara without the Teen Jane morphs loaded in because I didn't buy Teen Jane yet. You can definitely use her without Teen Jane. Just realize she isn't going to look exactly like she would if she had the Teen Jane added in which @dkgoose said was dialed in at 100% when he answered my question. I still think she's rather cute and teen-looking without Teen Jane.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4719431/#Comment_4719431

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4720461/#Comment_4720461

Sara is very cute.  I wonder how to make the nose less red

sara J8.png
    2000 x 2600 - 5M
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited July 2019

I don't have her, so I can't check for sure, but red nose is often caused by either the Transmitted Measurement Distance being high or the Translucency Weight being high. I'd try to first adjust the Transmitted Measurement Distance setting (near the bottom in the Surfaces Tab) and lower that. If that still doesn't do the trick you might try lowering the Translucency Weight. 

Lovely render by the way! :D That's a really cute character - the freckles are adorable. I might have to end up picking her up. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • making the nose less red should be no problem with some photo retouching. 

if I remember right, the red nose and fingers are of translucency maps. those should make the ears reddish to for an efect of sun or light shining through the flesh

but i'm not sure it translucency was the right term but there are a lot of tranclucency maps for skin textures too. lowerin the translucency might help. but i like this effect. doing realistic looking 3d stuff i try to add more stuff like moles or some not perfekt details to the skin to make it look realistic and not like a perfekt doll. just like al the freckles on her skin for example^^

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Hide the wine bottle

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited July 2019

How are ppl getting such low prices for Jane bundle, 2 addons and then 'select DO'?  I have the bundle in the cart with Mariposa and the textures, then as the incentive of $70 worth of free items, I'm coming in with a total of $82.05. The bundle is $59.52.  This seems a lot higher than previous bundles from my recollection.

edited to ask: for the DO free $70 of products, are they going by that products original non-sale price, or the sale price?

Post edited by sapat on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

It needs 4 add-ons to get it down to something like $46.30. But, no, you're not imagining it. Elithia's bundle +4 came to $44 and change, and Elios's to $37 and change. (Note: this includes the PC+ discount as well. If you aren't a member the total will be higher.) Kala's was $43+, Sanjay's was the same as Teen Jane.  

It certainly isn't all that consistent. 

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited July 2019
    JOdel said:

It needs 4 add-ons to get it down to something like $46.30. But, no, you're not imagining it. Elithia's bundle +4 came to $44 and change, and Elios's to $37 and change. (Note: this includes the PC+ discount as well. If you aren't a member the total will be higher.) Kala's was $43+, Sanjay's was the same as Teen Jane.  

It certainly isn't all that consistent. 

Oh, I guess I didn't realize it was 4 add-ons. Must have mis-read it (cuz no one is ever confused about sales here). I am a PC memeber, forgot that we can use it for these things.  I didn't buy Sanjay or the others that have come along recently...not my style.  I struggled like mad to even find and 2 add-ons I could live with for a teen. Gonna be worse now that I have to choose 2 more. I don't want that hair or the 2 characters, so maybe I'll get that Sunny whatever and its textures.  Could be an ok for a teen, just an older teen.  God forbid, I'm not buying  lingerie for her!  So off to the battle. Thx

Post edited by sapat on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Still on the fence... Would love to see some non-out of the box renders of Jane to see if she can look less boring than the promos! Nothing extreme, but I’d love to see people add their own subtle morphs or something. I like most of the bundle, and addons but Jane herself just looks so “meh”! 

• The Inner CircleThe Inner Circle Posts: 224
    edited July 2019

I might be loosing my mind (good probability) but when you load the Julissa hair it identifies in the scene pane as Jezabel hair. Anyone else notice this. It does not cause any issues that I can see as all the maeterials still work fine.

David

** Edit ** Just noticed this post by SereneNight - should of read the whole thread before posting.

Sara for Teen Jane. Quite like this character. The freckles and fair skin are great as are her eyebrows.

I noticed when rendering her, that this hairstyle Julissa Hair, is called Jezebel hair. It made it hard to find the textures, since it clearly underwent a name change at some point. 

She reminds me of Willow from Buffy.

I presume SereneNight does not use the smart content tab as for me the textures were easy to find.

Post edited by The Inner Circle on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Well, Here is Sara dial spin morphed to be less skinny.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I presume SereneNight does not use the smart content tab as for me the textures were easy to find.

Nope, I use the actual directories, which is why I tend to notice all the typos.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

Holy heck!

A daz female teen who doesn't look like a Bratz doll!

*checks out Lateshya​*

Ugh. can't win 'em all... but otherwise... well done!

Kaylee and Josie are both reletively terrible. As much as I hear people in this go "But she doesn't look like a teen" or "oh, she's not cute enough"... I only gotta say this:

She looks like a real life person and not a cartoon character. She's actually realistiic and not overly stylized. Her nose? Normal and not a squashed in pug-like button nose. Her lips? Not like a pair of hotdogs rimming her mouth like she had an industrial accident with some Botox. Eyes? Realistic and not giant Kawaii Desu Anime Eyes.

THIS IS WHAT A HUMAN BEING LOOKS LIKE!

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited July 2019

Can I say that I like the Thorne figures? I like variety... more real some of the time, and more "fun" other times.

Just because I felt like it and there was a request for non-standard Teen Jane (although I didn't stick to the boundaries), here's Xenogirl Teen Jane. (Just dialed out Zelara and dialed in Teen Jane.)

Her nose is relatively high on the face, which is why dialing her out for Sara gives you a long nose shape...

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
    edited July 2019

Well, I broke down and got the bundle more to get Mei!in and Lee Pro bundle deals than the bundle itself. As I thought, I was not happy at all with Jane out of the box, but after a few tweaks realized I could work with her...

This is NOT out of the box, but just a few face tweaks, expression and a whole different body. I really hate the body she came with. In any case, I think she looks like her 20’s not teens, but with tweaks, she’s useable to me, so OK... I rarely use anything out of the box anyway... Oh, brows and eye makeup are from Skinbuilder 8.

02E7A30E-19B9-45B2-AC32-B414CE63C741.jpeg
    1000 x 1300 - 371K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

A portrait of Sara for Teen Jane, rendered in 3Delight.

edited July 2019

OK, she’s growing on me laugh Here I added Growing Up youth morphs to make her actually look like a teen. I’m now liking that she’s generic enough that you can give her different looks. 

2BD0AD5E-D894-4D36-AB6D-56C60346929B.jpeg
    1000 x 1300 - 394K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,581
    edited July 2019
    kyoto kid said:

Both of the images I posted above (links down below) are Sara without the Teen Jane morphs loaded in because I didn't buy Teen Jane yet. You can definitely use her without Teen Jane. Just realize she isn't going to look exactly like she would if she had the Teen Jane added in which @dkgoose said was dialed in at 100% when he answered my question. I still think she's rather cute and teen-looking without Teen Jane.

...I do have the Growing Up morphs.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

...I do have the Growing Up morphs.

I think you would need those morphs on Jane anyway, she does not look like a teenager. And with Growing Up morphs, you can make pretty much any character look like a teen. 

Personally, I would recommend Jane to people who like a generic character that they can tweak and make their own. I don’t think she even adds much to  the gene pool, but she’s really easy to morph into whatever you want her to be. Rendering Aleena now (addon) and she’s very pretty but in no way looks like a teen! 

edited July 2019

Here is Emrys’ Aleena addon for Jane. Uses 70% of Jane’s Head and doesn’t look THAT different without it. In either case, she does not really look like a teen, but is beautiful! She can pass as several ethnic mixes too...

A7D7E4C9-879B-4C30-9742-3058FD093DF0.jpeg
    1000 x 1300 - 388K