Teen Jane 8

well looks like we have a new girl today Teen Jane 8 have nop idea what she looks like yet as there is no sales apge or anything yet but I do have a purple thank you from daz banner offering $70 bonus stuff if I buy her pro bundle

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,257

I hope she looks more like a real person than Kaylee or Josie.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,656

She does. Except for the over plucked eyebrows.

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 681

In before someone complains about "another white girl..."

• LasserineLasserine Posts: 65

She doesnt really look like a teen.

• MescalinoMescalino Posts: 431
    Malandar said:

In before someone complains about "another white girl..."

While this is true i do like her. Also we  Lateshya for Jane 8 :) And im sure more will follow.

As gordig points out, she has a more realistic look about her and i like that. Can't wait to see the first renders pop up.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

She looks more 18-20, but I like her looks at least. Not another Josie or Kaylee. Not the greatest deal tho, but that's been the trend lately. Since I don't need another female, I may pass on this one.

Laurie

Well I accidentally  closed the deal bar thing that told what sort of deal I could get on her... Anyone know how to get it back up? I tried closing browser and opening it again didn't work tried logging out and in and that didn't work either...

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
    edited July 2019

Its in your messages/Exclusive Offers

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,121
    edited July 2019

Check your messages. It should be under Exclusive Offers.

Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802
    Malandar said:

Well I accidentally  closed the deal bar thing that told what sort of deal I could get on her... Anyone know how to get it back up? I tried closing browser and opening it again didn't work tried logging out and in and that didn't work either...

it should be sitting in your message box as well

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Nice!  Yeah, it's not a great bundle deal again, but at least it's all stuff that I'll actually use.  Strange that there wasn't a gift card offer first, though...

• arne207arne207 Posts: 153
    edited July 2019

The shape seems ok, but I don't like the skin and especially the eyes. Maybe it's just the promo pics again, I hope for some community renders to pop up soon.

Post edited by arne207 on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963
    AllenArt said:

She looks more 18-20, but I like her looks at least. Not another Josie or Kaylee. Not the greatest deal tho, but that's been the trend lately. Since I don't need another female, I may pass on this one.

Laurie

I will admit those first two thoughts were my first two as well, she definitely looks a bit older than "teen", but also looks pretty good. And I appreciate Lateshya being included in the bundles.

• missuskissesmissuskisses Posts: 918

I like Jane more than Josie or Kaylee. A lot of the add-on characters definitely look wayyyyy older. Also interesting that we now have 3 teen girls and no teen boy. But anyhow, I love the bundled items and the add-on items!

AllenArt said:

Its in your messages/Exclusive Offers

Check your messages. It should be under Exclusive Offers.

Linwelly said:
    Malandar said:

it should be sitting in your message box as well

Thanks.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Huh. We're so used to seeing Thorne's teens that one which is clearly NOT a Thorne takes a bit of mental adjustment. But still, not half bad.

I have to agree that the base just doesn't really look all that young. Although Cherubit's add-on character does look like a teenager to me. And so do a couple of the other addons. The hairs both look like sonething that a teenager would wear, and more to the point, would be able to wear to school without making waves among the school administrators.

The makeup is not gratuitously awful for once. The clothing isn't stupid beyond belief (except for the shoes, but I've seen shoes every bit as bad in Real Life). It's mostly ugly, but not unbelievable. If that's what's "in" kids will wear it, regardless of how ugly it may be.

My one big issue is that I don't care for the way her face takes expressions. But I'm definitely looking forward to see some renders, and see whether she does better in the hands of the end users that the promo artists.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,731

I like Jane more than Josie or Kaylee. A lot of the add-on characters definitely look wayyyyy older. Also interesting that we now have 3 teen girls and no teen boy. But anyhow, I love the bundled items and the add-on items!

Me too. Male-M3dia closed the book on G8M teens, I think. Daz will hardly outdo his morphs.

I'm concerned about her skin, though.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited July 2019

So I got the Pro Bundle down to $46 and change. I don't think I have any special bundle offer this time sad aside from the extra free stuff message.

Also, a LOT of variety in the add-ons this time!

I like Thorne (don't kill me!!!) but I do like Teen Jane.
    "Teen" is so subjective these days since TV often has 20-something actors playing high school kids...

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • odasteinodastein Posts: 606

Agree with everybody else : doesn't look like a teen, but more realistic than the previous ones.

I don't have any use for her, though, while there's plenty of stuff I want in the $ 2.99 offers, so that's where my money will go. 

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

don't Americans still call them teens up  to around ages of 21-25? In Australia your classified as an adult at 18 and allowed to smoke, drink, drive, vote and so on

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

also isn't this the first time a teen has gotten an hd add on? Which might mean she is the older teen classification of 18+ in age but not old enough for the anatomical elements add on as that isn't mentioned. Lot of the add on characters look to be the older teens 18 and over easily American age for still being classifed as teen- again in Australia and other places your a full grown adult at 18. Might explain the age range look for the adults as the youngest could be 25

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,781
    edited July 2019

She doesn't look much like a teen to me either, but then I don't spend much time among teenage girls so I'm probably no judge.

What bothers me about Jane, and more particularly Sara, is their red noses:

In a lot of the promos the nose is a notably different colour to the rest of the face. I think they probably need to dial back the translucency to stop that happening.

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

What hair is that in the first promo? Looks amazing.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,919

She doesn't look much like a teen to me either, but then I don't spend much time among teenage girls so I'm probably no judge.

What bothers me about Jane, and more particularly Sara, is their red noses:

In a lot of the promos the nose is a notably different colour to the rest of the face. I think they probably need to dial back the translucency to stop that happening.

rosacea

• BohorBohor Posts: 74

https://www.daz3d.com/haydina-hair-for-genesis-8-females I think...

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    Bohor said:

https://www.daz3d.com/haydina-hair-for-genesis-8-females I think...

Thank you. It's already on my wishlist. laugh

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,818
    Lasserine said:

She doesnt really look like a teen.

I think, she does look like a 16 - 18 teen. Most teen character before her look like 10 - 12 year old to me.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited July 2019

don't Americans still call them teens up  to around ages of 21-25? In Australia your classified as an adult at 18 and allowed to smoke, drink, drive, vote and so on

Technically teen means any age that includes teen, i.e. any age from thirteen to nineteen.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • MunemanMuneman Posts: 219

She's got some decent stuff in her bundle, unlike Elithia. I'm loving the add-on options, though. Getting the +4 items would actually require me to be choosy rather than strategic like is usually the case. Also it's nice that the free items aren't just props again. I could see myself picking her up...

Provided a better discount comes up in the next two weeks that knocks her price down or gets me a better bang for my buck with the free items. I'll usually consider it worth it if I can fit an extra two pro bundles under the price of a new one. 

• Richard John SRichard John S Posts: 389
    edited July 2019

Not bad, but I like Kaylee the best. However, with all of the characters being released for G8, including the three female teen characters, we have yet to see a male teen character. Possible future teen Jayden 8 comng eventually? 

Post edited by Richard John S on