36th Daz3D Bryce Render challenge. The theme is ~#~ "Wanderlust" ~#~

Comments

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

Thank you, Yellow Pen an Jay.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754
    edited June 2019

Tim: second version is better.

Drachenlords: Future Holidays looks wonderful. In this case, the darkness fits the scene well. And the Wander Woman is both a wanderful idea and well done indeed.

I think, I focused more on 'out of the box' then on quality (again). But, I still want to show this one as my first entry: "Wandering bots". I thought about the surfing over the worldwide web, which is, of course, a kind of wandering. I decided to depict this by putting wandering bots in a landscape of motherboards. I found both the bots and the motherboards at Turbosquid for free. I textured the bots in Bryce, but the motherboards were textured. I added a number of lights and some connection entries to the box.

Digital wanderlust2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 989K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,130

Hansmar - now that's a really off-the-wall idea! I love those colours and the vertiginous first impression, then realising that we're not looking down from a tall building at all.

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ Hansmar: not a safe place for wandering, one can meet bugs. Cool idea.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,975
    edited June 2019

Hansmar:    _  Yeah, that is  off-the-wall for sure    _  And there can be those pesky  Bugs

_well, done

Post edited by ed3D on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,105

Hansmar - very cool idea and nicely done. The full size picture is impressive.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited June 2019

The road to the temple

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium TA 64 rpp, soft shadows. Render time 7:38:05.
    Lighting: Sun and Bryce Sky HDRI.
    The Russian Orthodox Church in the Byzantine style and grass are modeled in Wings 3D. Low poly characters from the network.
    File size 36.3 MB.

Дорога к храму.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 531K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

@slepalex, that is a really nice looking scene, great job :)

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Weird, but wanderlustful, Hansmar...and 'out of the box' will be a title.

Wow, Slepalex...I automatiically thought of some kind of pilgrimage...e.g. that some of us here in Europe ('10 great European pilgrimages to tackle in your lifetime') do on ocassions.

Jay

Slepalex - what a lovely scene, I especially like the trees and plants by the river.

Slepalex - beautifully done scene. Sky and light gives a very nice mood. Also great details with the vegetation and the river at right.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,981

Hansmar - I agree with the others ... that's a really off-the-wall idea, great work

Slepalex - superb render, love the sky and vegetation.

Jamahoney said:

Wow, Slepalex...I automatiically thought of some kind of pilgrimage...e.g. that some of us here in Europe ('10 great European pilgrimages to tackle in your lifetime') do on ocassions.

Jay

The original title for the contest was "Pilgrims". But the idea of ​​“The Road to the Temple” came about 10 years ago, but I didn’t have the experience to make this idea a reality. I still chose the "road". Because, everyone has their own road in the literal and figurative sense of the word. And modern pilgrims often make such journeys because of the prestige, fashion, advertising of their beloved, not realizing that their hypocrisy is rushing from all cracks.
    I grew up in an atheistic country and in an atheistic time, but I respect religious views (without fanaticism and coercion) and do not like it when a person who does not believe in his soul stands and holds a candle in front of an icon.
    It was a lyrical digression.
    And yes, I modeled this church in Wings 3D for two weeks in the evenings and nights.

Jamahoney said:

Jay

In ancient Russia there appeared (and now exists) the proverb "The language (tongue) will bring  to Kiev." This is an analogue of the European proverb "All roads lead to Rome." It must be said that in Russian the words Tongue and Language will sound like the word "Язык". From the context it is clear what is at stake. And in fact, to make "Language" you need to use "Tongue".
    In ancient times, pilgrims traveled thousands of kilometers on foot to visit the holy places in Kiev (Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, holy caves, etc.). And they asked how to get to Kiev from people in villages and towns along the way. And everyone pointed the way to the holy places. Hence this proverb.
    As a model for modeling this church, I took Holy Trinity Kholkovsky Monastery in the Belgorod region.

Superb, Slepalex...I'm hoping to visit Kiev soon (all paid by my employer), so those caves will certainly be on the list.

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754

MelanieL, Henryhor, ed3D, Horo, Jay, Mermaid: thanks.

Slepalex: beautiful render, good modelling, fantastic vegetation and very nice colours.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Hansmar---- what a wonderful Idea, and very well done yes

Slepalex: I love your landscapes, and this here is really wonderful.... beautiful light and Sky too.smiley

@ Slepalex: very well modelled and presented. Great job.

edited June 2019

_ + 

Slepalex :     The road to the temple  + Excellant

Hansmar :      your quite welcome

Post edited by ed3D on
  • drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

@ Hansmar: What a place for hiking. Really cool idea.

@ Slepalex: Wonderful scene. This sky and this river, just beautiful.

My second entry.

Entry: 2, Enter at your own risk

Enter_At_Your_Own_Risk.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 717K

Super, Tim...lighting excellent.

Jay

@ Tim82: hope it will not be a bad trip. Very well done.

Tim - a trip to the mushrooms in the cave. Who knows, the trip into the cave may be less exciting than the one resulting from the mushrooms.

edited June 2019

Hahe, Horo, mushroom-tripping dude wink Btw, I once, from afar, saw a group of youths in a field doing this extraordinary bending-down and picking of the grass, and it was only later, on investigations, that I saw numerous tiny mushrooms, so-called 'magic mushrooms' that they had missed (apparently, they contain hallucinogenic compounds). No, I didn't digest...as a beer or two does it for me cheeky 

But that said, youths these days, besides being overly self-centred, overly too phone-savvy, are generally nice. I like how my niece has turned out!

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Tim: Wow, great Idea, and wonderful done...

and here is my third entry :)

Entry: 3, Lets go there

Lets go there.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 620K

Tim82 - the mushroom cave is very striking, and I just love your latest - beautifully dreamy.

Tim - beautifully done. You risk to get lost wandering in this forest.

edited June 2019

Tim82 :    Enter at your own risk  `and`   Lets go there
                              quite Outstanding  

Post edited by ed3D on