What's THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME this month? Why, the November Freebie Challenge!!!

Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
edited November 2013 in Freebies

Yes, you heard right! The theme for this November's Freepository Challenge is

(drum roll, please...)

(Ahem, the drum roll, if you please, Bob!)

(Where's the dr—Boom!!!):shut: Not the drum I meant!
:gulp:

It is THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME!
Please pardon Bob. He got a cannon for his birthday....

The rules are, as usual, Right Here.

Of course, remember that all regular DAZ figures are no-count, either for your freebies or paid lists. Bought morphs count as purchases.

This Month's Rules:

The image must depict the Most Dangerous Game. Is it a game you play, like Wizard's Chess, or a game you hunt, like Megalodon sharks? Or is it matrimony, politics, war, or all three? Show us The Game and what makes it Dangerous. (Remember that all danger must be depicted within the TOS.)

Stills from the 1932 Fay Wray movie of the same name do not count as renders. Using them as textures is allowed (if properly cited), but they don't count as either "game" or "dangerous" as movie stills.

The renders need not be related at all to Richard Connell's Short Story that inspired the contest name.

NAEs are always welcome.

Renders in any free renderer should be fine, as well as in DAZ, Poser, Bryce, or Lux, as long as you provide the link. Renderers do not count toward your freebie count.

The Prizes:

The usual DAZ gift certificates for the winners are still on the table.

Music2u4u is providing another splendid prize: an old country house (or hunting lodge) with a dungeon in the basement, to be presented to all winners and HMs of the contest.

Jaderail has offered prizes.

Further details will follow as they come in.

The Hosts:
Myself, Eustace Scrubb. No co-hosts at this time.

The Judges:
1) Music2u4u

2) Kismet2012

3) Robkelk

4) DollyGirl (tiebreaker vote)

Now is the time when I would fire the starting g-u-n, but I don't want to give Bob any more ideas.

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited November 2013

GUILTY!....bangs gavel....

uhem....I would like to apply for the position of JUDGE. The only experience I have is with all you knuckleheads up in here.

:-)

JudgesGavelPromo1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 394K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited November 2013

I offered up this as a prize for the mini contest last month that was never won. So, I will give a copy of it to each of the three winners and two HMs. It is an old country house with a full dungeon basement with workable cell door. It is in Poser/Daz (.pp2) format. You can hide the front wall to the basement for renders. I would say THIS is a most dangerous game! May be more donations later.

HauntedHouse2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 523K
    HauntedHouse1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 425K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

All right! We have a prize and one judge lined up. Thank you, Music! Now to get to work on a banner.

Still taking applications for the bench (judges) or the broomcloset (prizes awarded).

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Very amusing intro, Eustace, and a VERY intriguing theme.

I'll be Bach, as Arnie says in Angry Video Game Nerd.

edited December 1969

MUSIC, if the concrete block wall is all closed in, how do people get up to the house?

Oh, it's a BASEMENT! I see. So are you throwing in the dirt, as the mourner said to the gravedigger?

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Refresh my memory, please - this isn't directly addressed in the rules, I recall a ruling was made, but I don't recall what the ruling was.

If one can download items for free only after paying to access the site that has those items (for example, the freebies listed in the Platinum Club "Members Only" forum, or the items at Poser World), do they count as freebies, no-counts, or paid items?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Refresh my memory, please - this isn't directly addressed in the rules, I recall a ruling was made, but I don't recall what the ruling was.

If one can download items for free only after paying to access the site that has those items (for example, the freebies listed in the Platinum Club "Members Only" forum, or the items at Poser World), do they count as freebies, no-counts, or paid items?

Normal monthly Daz freebies count, but PC ones don't as you do have to be a member of the PC to get them for free. I would say they would count a paid for items, because non PC members pay a direct price and PC members pay a sub.

Same goes for any site where you have to pay to enter the site to access freebies.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

All right! We have a prize and one judge lined up. Thank you, Music! Now to get to work on a banner.

Still taking applications for the bench (judges) or the broomcloset (prizes awarded).

Sounds like a fun month Eustace, I will hang back as always, but if you don't get any more judges I'll judge for you.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    robkelk said:

Normal monthly Daz freebies count, but PC ones don't as you do have to be a member of the PC to get them for free. I would say they would count a paid for items, because non PC members pay a direct price and PC members pay a sub.

Same goes for any site where you have to pay to enter the site to access freebies.

There are no DAZ "freebies" anymore. PC Members get the items free, everyone else must purchase something to get the free item.

Kendall

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

I'll be a judge if you still need one.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    robkelk said:

Correct! Paid fors.

edited December 1969

MUSIC, if the concrete block wall is all closed in, how do people get up to the house?

Oh, it's a BASEMENT! I see. So are you throwing in the dirt, as the mourner said to the gravedigger?

Nope!...It's a "dirty" job, but you have to supply your own dirt,dust,mud,rocks,grass,limbs,fast food trash,mugged dead bodies,dog,cat and horse poop,and anything else found in most yards! WHAT LOOK...GOLD! I'M RICH!...AH...Fool's gold...MEPS!

edited November 2013

chohole said:
    robkelk said:

There are no DAZ "freebies" anymore. PC Members get the items free, everyone else must purchase something to get the free item.

Kendall

Big Bummer!

:down:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2013

music2u4u said:
    chohole said:
    robkelk said:

Kendall

Big Bummer!

:down:

Daz Weekly Freebies are still counted as freebies, for the purpose of this contest.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I'll be a judge if you still need one.

Thank you Miss Kismet. Your name has been added.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    chohole said:
    robkelk said:

Correct! Paid fors.

That's what I was thinking the answer was, but I was rather hoping for "no-count"... Ah, well. Considering how few paid items I usually use, I might still be able to use my idea...

Nope!...It's a "dirty" job, but you have to supply your own dirt,dust,mud,rocks,grass,limbs,fast food trash,mugged dead bodies,dog,cat and horse poop,and anything else found in most yards! WHAT LOOK...GOLD! I'M RICH!...AH...Fool's gold...MEPS!

Well, there's only one person qualified to carry out dirty jobs... Anybody got a Mike Rowe morph for M4? :cheese:

edited December 1969

NAE:
    The Deck Is Stacked Against You

stacked-deck.png
    400 x 320 - 135K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As always the Jade is here with his monthly Prizes. Feel free to edit me in for the same as always.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    As always the Jade is here with his monthly Prizes. Feel free to edit me in for the same as always.

Graciously acknowledged and accepted.

I also have an entry gift for all comers: the Mystery Man's mask for M4, (as featured in the Mephistopolis Noir documentation, for those that read it)

edited December 1969

The three winners for the MMHB have been submitted to Daz for your prize GCs. Keep your eye on your email box.

edited December 1969

All entrants will receive the Mask Noir for M4, by myself. It comes with morphs for M4++, H4, F4, and is legacy-rigged to work in any version of Poser or DAZ|Studio (has not been tested in P3 or D|S 1.x). (For those who were curious, this is the same mask offered to 3rd-place winners last May.)

I have also (finally!) gotten the banner done for this month. Hang it in your signatures.

Masque_Romero.jpg
    592 x 750 - 351K
    Dangerous_Game_banner.png
    350 x 70 - 37K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Hey! Waddiz dis? Nobody 'round here want's t' go foist? Hokay, den...I'll go foist!

Hokay, so da story goes like dis...ya gotta minuet? Good...so, I'm sittin' in my 'partment havin' a few dozen brews when dere's dis knock on da door. I'm figurin', dat's my bestest bud Big Eddie Mac comin' over t'have a few widd'me, soes I answers da door an' wadda I sees...it ain't Big Eddie Mac, it's Death! Standin' dere bigger 'n' life at my front door! An' he comes in and I sez to him, what's up for you, y'know? Whatcha' need? He sez to me, he sez, I'm here to take you away. I sez to him I ain't goin' nowheres. I got it plenty good right here. Why would I wants t' leave? He sez I don't understand. Now, dis made me mad 'cause I hates it when peoples sez t'me dat I don't understans sump'tin'. I ain't no dummy! So den he sez t' me, he sez, dat he's here to take me to my final reward.

Right den an' dere I knew dat I didn't win no lottery or nutin' and dis was serious. It wuz den he offers me a way out. He sez dat if I can beats him inna game of chess dat he'll let me go. I don't know much 'bout playin' no chess, I always t'ough dat it wuz like checkers or somethin', but it was my only way outta dis one. So we plunk ourselves down at da kitchen table and he whips out a gameboard and we starts playin'. About half way t'rough I desides to be a good host to da guy. I brings out da beer, some sammiches, a few pretzils... and da beer...lottsa beer. I'll tell ya, Death, he don't eat much but he can sure put away the brewskis!

Anyways, he beats me reall bad, but before he kin say a t'ing, I ask him whatta 'bout da best two outta t'ree? It musta been da beer 'cause he sez okay to dat. We went on like dis 'til 2 am an' he kept gittin' slower 'n' slower, an' ya know what? I beats him da next two games! He admits he got his @#% beat and when he gits up t' leave, he nearly falls over 'cause he's so bombed! He den spends da next 20 minuets in da terlet an' when he comes out he passes out on da couch! I covered him up and let him sleep it off jus' like I'd do t' any poor drunk. After dat, I went t' bed 'cause I couldn't stand all dat snorin' 'tween his teeth! Da next afternoon when I gets up, I finds him gone, no note or nuttin'... and I ain't seen him since. Later I took his chess set to da Pawn Shop an' got 50 bucks outta it. Not a bad little deal t' my ways a t'inkin'.

So, da moral a dis story is dat if you ever have to face Death, just gits him drunk an' everyt'ing will be A-OK. Hoooo-boy! Wadda pushover!

Genisis Figure (No Count)

1.) Ghastly's Ghastly Zombie Registration Required. Used as a Base Morph on Death.

2.) DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis Registration Required. Used on Louie.

3.) RAMWolff's Ultimate Morph pack for Genesis 01! Registration Required. Used on Louie.

4.) Moustache 19th from Top.

5.) Mitch Hair

6.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3 Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right.

7.) The Fedora Registration Required.

8.) 8 TShirts for Genesis Registration Required.Texture Changed.

9.) Biscuits Chess Props Registration Required.

10.) 1950 Kitchen Registration Required. Table, Chairs and Plate for Sandwiches.

11.) Genesis Hooded Gown Registration Requried.

12.) Hooded gown Morphs Registration Required.

13.) Skull

14.) Merlin's Free Scythe Registration Required.

15.) Beer Mug 15th Item from Top.

16.) Sandwich Props Updated! textures added Registration Required.

Paid For: M4 Skin Texture, M4 Cargo Shorts.

As always, set-up in Daz Studio 4.6 with final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

Louie_Plays_Death.jpg
    720 x 600 - 222K
    edited December 1969

All entrants will receive the Mask Noir for M4, by myself. It comes with morphs for M4++, H4, F4, and is legacy-rigged to work in any version of Poser or DAZ|Studio (has not been tested in P3 or D|S 1.x). (For those who were curious, this is the same mask offered to 3rd-place winners last May.)

I have also (finally!) gotten the banner done for this month. Hang it in your signatures.

banner updated in the gallery.

edited December 1969

Hey! Waddiz dis? Nobody 'round here want's t' go foist? Hokay, den...I'll go foist!

Hokay, so da story goes like dis...ya gotta minuet? Good...so, I'm sittin' in my 'partment havin' a few dozen brews when dere's dis knock on da door. I'm figurin', dat's my bestest bud Big Eddie Mac comin' over t'have a few widd'me, soes I answers da door an' wadda I sees...it ain't Big Eddie Mac, it's Death! Standin' dere bigger 'n' life at my front door! An' he comes in and I sez to him, what's up for you, y'know? Whatcha' need? He sez to me, he sez, I'm here to take you away. I sez to him I ain't goin' nowheres. I got it plenty good right here. Why would I wants t' leave? He sez I don't understand. Now, dis made me mad 'cause I hates it when peoples sez t'me dat I don't understans sump'tin'. I ain't no dummy! So den he sez t' me, he sez, dat he's here to take me to my final reward.

Right den an' dere I knew dat I didn't win no lottery or nutin' and dis was serious. It wuz den he offers me a way out. He sez dat if I can beats him inna game of chess dat he'll let me go. I don't know much 'bout playin' no chess, I always t'ough dat it wuz like checkers or somethin', but it was my only way outta dis one. So we plunk ourselves down at da kitchen table and he whips out a gameboard and we starts playin'. About half way t'rough I desides to be a good host to da guy. I brings out da beer, some sammiches, a few pretzils... and da beer...lottsa beer. I'll tell ya, Death, he don't eat much but he can sure put away the brewskis!

As always, set-up in Daz Studio 4.6 with final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

I like it! That's a pretty dangerous game!

Even better than the Seventh Seal version! ENTRY ACCEPTED!

Thanks, Kendall, for the gallery

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Anyways, he beats me reall bad, but before he kin say a t'ing, I ask him whatta 'bout da best two outta t'ree? It musta been da beer 'cause he sez okay to dat. We went on like dis 'til 2 am an' he kept gittin' slower 'n' slower, an' ya know what? I beats him da next two games! He admits he got his @#% beat and when he gits up t' leave, he nearly falls over 'cause he's so bombed! He den spends da next 20 minuets in da terlet an' when he comes out he passes out on da couch! I covered him up and let him sleep it off jus' like I'd do t' any poor drunk. After dat, I went t' bed 'cause I couldn't stand all dat snorin' 'tween his teeth! Da next afternoon when I gets up, I finds him gone, no note or nuttin'... and I ain't seen him since. Later I took his chess set to da Pawn Shop an' got 50 bucks outta it. Not a bad little deal t' my ways a t'inkin'.

So, da moral a dis story is dat if you ever have to face Death, just gits him drunk an' everyt'ing will be A-OK. Hoooo-boy! Wadda pushover!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=106222_bMQPHOzMf0YOkMHyagcr&thumb=1&board_id=1

As always, very funny and entertaining...and the image is great!

Dana

edited December 1969

It's Death! Standin' dere bigger 'n' life!

Pretty darn great, Ganthor!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

1.) Ghastly's Ghastly Zombie Registration Required. Used as a Base Morph on Death.

3.) RAMWolff's Ultimate Morph pack for Genesis 01! Registration Required. Used on Louie.

5.) Mitch Hair

10.) 1950 Kitchen Registration Required. Table, Chairs and Plate for Sandwiches.

13.) Skull

Really enjoyed the story. Nice work.

edited December 1969

5.) Mitch Hair

13.) Skull

LG...YOU SO CRAZY! I love it.

BTW...What room is that?

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Excellent as always, Mr. Ganthor! :D The perspective looks really nice combined with the props and details added in.

Alexa ;)