Breast movement...

In 4.10 I had a script which created "boob bounce" in my animations, and with 4.11 it no longer works (errors out).  I NEED my "boob bounce"!!!  What do I do?

Comments

• What is the error?

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited June 2019

If it is this frebie script I don't think it was updated for 4.11 beta and, moreover, I think the script has been withdrawn now. I posted about the error here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4187336/#Comment_4187336

As I mentioned in that thread, I hope someone else can pick up the good start made with that script and develop it further. It worked quite nicely in 4.10.

Post edited by marble on
  • surodysurody Posts: 261
    marble said:

If it is this frebie script I don't think it was updated for 4.11 beta and, moreover, I think the script has been withdrawn now. I posted about the error here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4187336/#Comment_4187336

As I mentioned in that thread, I hope someone else can pick up the good start made with that script and develop it further. It worked quite nicely in 4.10.

Yup that script doesn't work with 4.11 anymore. I would just save a 4.10 version to apply that script and import the character afterwards into the newer version.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037

what is about the breast jig tool from the other store? is their a good replacement?

• Well, I don't believe I can go back to 4.10, since I've upgraded to 4.11.  DS has on their site a couple of BREAST CONTROL Morphs but I'm not reading that they do the "bounce" in the animations. If I can't get this, after spending a good amount of money on other props and things, I'm sorry, but Daz will be UNINSTALLED. This feature is important, and without it, I'm done with it.

Does this BREAST CONTROL (such as: https://www.daz3d.com/breast-control-genesis-8-female-s)  provide the animated bounce?

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Well, I don't believe I can go back to 4.10, since I've upgraded to 4.11.  DS has on their site a couple of BREAST CONTROL Morphs but I'm not reading that they do the "bounce" in the animations. If I can't get this, after spending a good amount of money on other props and things, I'm sorry, but Daz will be UNINSTALLED. This feature is important, and without it, I'm done with it.

Does this BREAST CONTROL (such as: https://www.daz3d.com/breast-control-genesis-8-female-s)  provide the animated bounce?

It provides the morphs needed, you will have to animate it yourself.

• GaryGraphicGaryGraphic Posts: 28
    edited June 2019

Well, I don't believe I can go back to 4.10, since I've upgraded to 4.11.  DS has on their site a couple of BREAST CONTROL Morphs but I'm not reading that they do the "bounce" in the animations. If I can't get this, after spending a good amount of money on other props and things, I'm sorry, but Daz will be UNINSTALLED. This feature is important, and without it, I'm done with it.

So it doesn't run as a script? With the script I ran the script on my animation and it created the bounce appropriately. You are saying that the BREAST CONTROL doesn't automatically apply appropriate bounce? What I get you saying is I'll have to use puppeteer to try and calculate when the breasts should bounce left and right? Are you kidding me?

Post edited by GaryGraphic on

So it doesn't run as a script? With the script I ran the script on my animation and it created the bounce appropriately. You are saying that the BREAST CONTROL doesn't automatically apply appropriate bounce? What I get you saying is I'll have to use puppeteer to try and calculate when the breasts should bounce left and right? Are you kidding me?

No scripts included. I've not used that script, I do all that sort of stuff in the timeline. With the keymate and graphmate plug-ins it's pretty straight forward to make one cycle of movement and copy past it for the rest of the animation.

Maybe you should look into the breast jig tool, as gerster suggested;)

•  

No scripts included. I've not used that script, I do all that sort of stuff in the timeline. With the keymate and graphmate plug-ins it's pretty straight forward to make one cycle of movement and copy past it for the rest of the animation.

My problem with that is I don't want to put out another $18 for another DS add-on or script, to see if it works with 4.11. I'll bet dollars to donuts it doesn't. It says on Renderosity's site about Breast Jig: The script is working with V4_M++, Genesis 1, 2, 3 or 5
    And with DazStudio >= 4.8.0.59

This is so frustrating to be halfway through a project to be suddenly hit broadside with this kind of thing. Unbelievable.

• I do appreciate the responses though. Thanks all.

My problem with that is I don't want to put out another $18 for another DS add-on or script, to see if it works with 4.11. I'll bet dollars to donuts it doesn't. It says on Renderosity's site about Breast Jig: The script is working with V4_M++, Genesis 1, 2, 3 or 5
    And with DazStudio >= 4.8.0.59

This is so frustrating to be halfway through a project to be suddenly hit broadside with this kind of thing. Unbelievable.

Sorry to hear that script's not working in 4.11, totally understand your frustration. You could try submitting a request for a 4.10 installer, one can always try;)

edited June 2019

I had a look at the Rendo Breast Jig product and it looks like it does a similar job to the freebie that worked in DS 4.10. Such a pity that the person who wrote the freebie later withdrew it rather than update it for 4.11. I do wish I had coding skills!

Just to add that $18 would be a lot of strain on my paltry pension (and I would be wary of buying it without confirmation of compatibility with 4.11) so the freebie was a most welcome alternative.

Post edited by marble on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,750
    edited June 2019

Hi 
    The free cycler  script from "Mcasual" can automate repeated cycling of  ANY morphs you have installed.

I use it all of the time
    in fact this is how I was able to get this bridge crew member to shake /tremble with fear in this animation.

You can even automate hair & cloth movement morphs for fake dynamics
    And yes it definately works with the breast morphs and other "jiggly parts"
    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/

Major Caveat however  is that I am still on DS 4.8 and
    Cannot verfy if it functions in the later releases.

CYCLER BELYY UP.PNG
    1210 x 658 - 81K
    Post edited by wolf359 on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133

I do not know what version of character your using . But there is always Genesis8 alive ( https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-alive ) that offers all sorts of different breast bounce in aniblock that will wrk in any version of daz as long as you have animate2, there are other sets for other genesis character generations as well 

Its has the breast morphs dials your looking for along with other much useful aniblocks like hands and muscle morphs as well

I haven't tried the Casual script or the Genesis 8 Alive aniblocks but what I particularly liked about the breast bounce freebie was the bounce physics which make the movement look natural by calculating the gravity maths. I find that very difficut to simulate by manually adjusting morphs frame by frame.

Yes Daz has a bad habit of breaking things with updates.  the thing with the genesis alive aniblocks is they will still be useable no matter the version you upgrade. to.. if you truly want believable motion, then your better off hand keyframing the movements you require. I found custom movements are always better than canned scripts

edited June 2019

this is a older film made with daz 3 with generation 4 aniblocks ..  but these alive aniblocks still work  inspite of 5 daz studio upgrades later even in 4.11.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy, thank you for the reply. But no. I'm sorry, but those custom movements are not even close to the realism of the "canned script." Hate to say that, but not even close.

I find that very difficut to simulate by manually adjusting morphs frame by frame.

Adjusting every frame manually is  nonsense and 
    will still yield  an unrealistic result IMHO.

Take a closer look at the image I posted of the Cycler plugin.
    It is not some "canned " global script with two settings of  ON & OFF

It is based on trigonmetric math functions sine,cosine ,tangent etc
    with infinate variables for randomness to a body jiggle or hair "wind blown" morphs and you can set it for range of frames to stop the "bounce"when the girl stops walking etc.
    And the strength of the effect is taken directly from the  range settings of your Daz studio parameter dials for every morph you have installed for the selected figure or  animatable prop.

This script has many uses in animation beyond "breast bounce" for animators who understand that no trophies are being awarded for hand keying everything.

Automation of repetitive or random tasks is just good& smart work practice.

Thanks. I'm half a world away from my DAZ PC for a few weeks but I am intrigued by the Cycler script possibilities. Eager to give it a go when I get home.

edited June 2019

Ivy, thank you for the reply. But no. I'm sorry, but those custom movements are not even close to the realism of the "canned script." Hate to say that, but not even close.

Yes that animation is rather dated. made it in 2012 with daz3  & 7 years ago that was pretty good for a daz animation back then.. But that was 5 daz studio upgrades ago..  the point was you can still use the aniblocks over and over in any version of daz and you don't have to keyframe every movement over and over either . back then I did not have keymate or graphmate to edit aniblocks to make things smoother more natural. 

I am going to disagree with Wolf on this .But when it comes to animating with in daz studio don't knock hand keyframing  until you give it a try  some motions you have to hand keyframe. there no way around it if you want to get the results you want achieve  using daz  for animation.  Alot of people just use daz to refine their assets and move them to more robust software for animating and rendering . I tend to do everything right inside daz studio.   Plus don't forget you can make a hand keyframe motions and save it as a preset or aniblock that you can readjust  or customize & resave in any version of daz as lomng as you have the anmate2 plugin..  But if your depending a scripts to still work after upgrading daz software good luck with that.    Daz is not like a game engine,  it does not have the robust defined timeline and tools like Maya and C4D UE4 ect

Don't get me wrong I totally get where your coming from. we all have our favorite tools and scripts. and learning to adopt bites I get it. Even as Masterful as Wolf is he has his work flow he stick with because he knows upgrading will break his work flow. we all have ways of doing things which work for our needs . but when working wth daz  you got to be prepared for things to break during upgrades,.

I've been animating with daz a long time and all I use it daz studio. so I learned to expect things to break with upgrading daz studio  and how to work around it.  I just gave you a couple of solutions. they don;t work for you I ge it.   I understand its harder if your not good at editing keyframes in daz that is why people like to fall back on scripts & animated presets.  most people aren't good at keyframing.   So your only other solution would be you keep a copy of every daz studio released, other wise your going to run in to issues with your favorite scripts breaking. Some can be re written some can't. things like that happen in any software upgrade.

What I don't understand is why did you not used that script to create the breast motions preset and saved it as a aniblock or a preset for later use.  but that is just me I try to save thing i like for later use before being left in the cold because something broke during a upgrade.

Once upon a time I had a awesome particle FX effect script that no longer works in any daz 4 versions.  it made customizable dragon fire . bullet stream , muzzel flash & flare, explosions, bullet shell casing ejections  etc,  . which broke my heart because of how well it worked inside daz studio. and there has been nothing released since. now i either have to do it manually in post work or use after effect. to achieve what i once could do in daz.  or go back use a older copy of daz so i can use it. which is what I do .  anyway All I did was give you some solutions. I hope you find what your looking for as a fix .. Good luck .

BTW I am one of those people that keep every copy of daz released\ running on my desk top. Yeah after a while using daz you learn things the hard way.

Capture.JPG
    790 x 319 - 50K
    Capture2.JPG
    1264 x 902 - 141K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited June 2019

I am going to disagree with Wolf on this .But when it comes to animating with in daz studio don't knock hand keyframing  until you give it a try 

Hi Ivy
    I dont think we actually disagree on the matter keyframing,in general, but perhaps have a different "philosphy" as to when handkeying is. ( or is not) a practical solution based on the types  of animation we do.

Now if you want to see a user base that is waaaay too dependent  on canned motions & scripts then look no further than the  Reallusion Iclone forums.

Now it does not help matters that the extremely powerful and feature rich spline curve editor for Iclone is a $99 USD add-on 
    ( shame on you reallusion!!)angry

Still Most Iclone users (in the forums at least) have the curve editor and still wont use it for simple fixes that I do every single day with graphMate in Daz studio.

There is  a person who is animating some "bible inspired"stories with many characters wearing long tunics/robes of that time&region.

The person complained that the hands were colliding with the robes cloth physics during walk cycles .

People were actually suggesting someone should create a script to "make the cloth avoid the hands"

I suggested using the curve editor to simply mass select all of the frames for the shoulders and raise the arms slightly to avoid the hands hitting the clothing at the hips/thighs.

The response was: "I should not have to do all of that work!!..Reallusion, needs to automate this !!" frown

I dont personally have the Iclone curve editor for iclone
    (Never "upgraded" to version 7 required for the curve editor ,still on 6.5)

I create base "first pass", major body motion in realtime and export to BVH.

Load BVH into studio/target genes figure where I hand refine the limb movements with graphMate.

Hand key ONE eye bink and copy& paste it a few random  places along the timeline in graphMate.

Add My "base layer" lipsinc with mimic live.

Handkey my facial expressions/emotions with graphmate ,all of this on a naked base res Genesis 1,2or 3.and save to  animated duf file.

Load, dress ,Morph,hairdo etcthe final scene actor/Characterand Apply saved duf with lipsinc & all.

Export obj/.MDD animated data file  to Maxon C4D for final scene assembly & rendering.

Now IMHO, there are other scenarios where hand keying is  simply not practical and those typically involve any type of rigid collisions/ soft body physics

This  Matrix reloaded animation was done by one of the more advanced Iclone users named "Athos"

Pretty cool  huh....but Iclone has  no character ragdoll physics
    and his hand keyed hits and falls look sort of ..fake IMHO.
    ( sorry athos)cheeky

This fight scene was made by my good self, years agousing mocap blended with the ragdoll physics of my beloved 
    ,and sadly discontinued, Natural motions Endorphin that I stilluse in production to this day.

Note how my ragdoll engine simulated hits& falls look more"natural".devil

Now with that all said :
    I would love to know  how you are safely running those many 

versions of Daz studio!!!!surprise

Post edited by wolf359 on
    edited June 2019
    wolf359 said:

I am going to disagree with Wolf on this .But when it comes to animating with in daz studio don't knock hand keyframing  until you give it a try 

Hi Ivy
    I dont think we actually disagree on the matter keyframing,in general, but perhaps have a different "philosphy" as to when handkeying is. ( or is not) a practical solution based on the types  of animation we do.

Yes I totally understand what you are saying you have a awesome work flow. but you would never upgrade a software without backing up stuff to make sure you can use it.  nd with keymate and graphmate  plugins it has greatly increased what you can do with aniblocks. But I wish I had the brain power to learn the new software coming out

wolf359 said:

Now with that all said :
    I would love to know  how you are safely running those many 

versions of Daz studio!!!!surprise

I have a older but huge robust system,6x2 dual core i7  3.8 ghz with 124 gigs of system ram  running 2 GTX 1080Ti's with 11.7 gigs vrams each

As long as Daz Studio development stays based off the DAZ 4.5 SDK version then things don't change much in the user/AppData files between  Daz version releases. I just copy my old Daz version to a new file location before installing the new daz upgrade version. & just make sure I carry over each daz versions plugin folders to the version i'm backing up.

Ive been doing it a while running more than one version of daz is very helpful to be able to build scenes & rendering at the same time. but i would not run a full load with more than 2 version of daz running at a time. its most helpful to run32.bit version with the 64 byte versions at the same time when i am doing lip synicing scenes

Post edited by Ivy on

but you would never upgrade a software without backing up stuff to make sure you can use it.

Indeed!!
     Although I have poser pro 2012 on My PC,
    I still have poser 6 running over on my Old mac computer,Mimic pro 3 for lipsincing the legacy poser rigs (such as Galactus)
    Adobe CS3 After Effects CS3(non subscription versions).

But I wish I had the brain power to learn the new software coming out

I wish I had the $$Money$$ for all of the new stuff coming outcrying
    while I try to squeeze every bit of utility out a peice of software I can as practical matter,

The hard ruth is that I can no longer afford to keep up with the deluge of new stuff (and the hardware to run it) ,particularly the subscription based apps, so I trudge along with what I have for now at least.smiley

wolf359 said:
    I wish I had the $$Money$$ for all of the new stuff coming outcrying

while I try to squeeze every bit of utility out a peice of software I can as practical matter,

The hard ruth is that I can no longer afford to keep up with the deluge of new stuff (and the hardware to run it) ,particularly the subscription based apps, so I trudge along with what I have for now at least.smiley

Isn't that the truth its all about the $$$  . that is one of the reason I stick with daz ,  that and I'm to thick to learn anything new..lol . properly because i have to much other crap to remember..lol  Yes like you . I am still on CS5 creative web design bundle i got back in 2013. i have cs3 & 4 as well but cs5 was the last stand alone i bought from adobe. I can't justify paying for cloud options either.

• Thanks for the responses. I am new to Daz3d Studio, well somewhat new, I dabbled with it a few years ago, but nothing too extensively. This time I dived quite a bit deeper and have purchased a few items from daz and renderosity, including graphmate and keymate, and have been using them extensively. In the middle of a project, not thinking things would break and quit working because of a, what I thought, a small upgrade from 4.10 to 4.11 (its not like 4.10 to 5).
    I also use animate2 though I really like hand-keying most everything. Animate2 does weird stuff, and not having the ability to undo drives me nuts. I try a single move and all the sudden I can't go back, etc. 

But this project was almost done, except for my woman walking by, doing some twists and turns, halfway done, and now unable to complete. Now the whole project is shut down with a more than teed off client firing me. Great. Thanks Daz. At least give me access to 4.10 for hellsakes. It doesn't matter. I won't be using Daz any more, and won't be buying things from their store. Their loss.

Thanks for the responses. I am new to Daz3d Studio, well somewhat new, I dabbled with it a few years ago, but nothing too extensively. This time I dived quite a bit deeper and have purchased a few items from daz and renderosity, including graphmate and keymate, and have been using them extensively. In the middle of a project, not thinking things would break and quit working because of a, what I thought, a small upgrade from 4.10 to 4.11 (its not like 4.10 to 5).
    I also use animate2 though I really like hand-keying most everything. Animate2 does weird stuff, and not having the ability to undo drives me nuts. I try a single move and all the sudden I can't go back, etc. 

But this project was almost done, except for my woman walking by, doing some twists and turns, halfway done, and now unable to complete. Now the whole project is shut down with a more than teed off client firing me. Great. Thanks Daz. At least give me access to 4.10 for hellsakes. It doesn't matter. I won't be using Daz any more, and won't be buying things from their store. Their loss.

To be fair to DAZ, the Breast Bounce script which worked in 4.10 was an unsupported freebie so DAZ can't be held responsible for it not working in 4.11, not to mention the fact that the script author also withdrew the script and it is no longer available for download. I'm also disappointed that I can't use it any more but I will give the Casual script a go when I get home in a few weeks.

I do agree, however, that a DAZ Studio roll-back option should be available for those of us who don't habitually archive a copy of the previous version. 

• ViallyVially Posts: 343
    edited June 2019

There is an Aniblock out there that looks Okay, does say in the description that it can be dialed up or down to fit your character's needs. It is just walking, but the chest modifications could be a good start to creating your own changes. (all and any aniblock can be converted back to timeline, and therefore be disected using GraphMate or KeyMate.)

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-s-flat-foot-walk-aniblock

Comes in different character versions so G3F is available as well as Victoria.

Edit to add: There is also a Jogging version for same characters.

I have it in my wishlist, but the more I try to do with animation in Studio, the more I say to myself "there has GOT to be a better way!" Even gone so far as to load Poser back up... gee Soft Body Dynamics AND Gravity (sort of), can export as FBX, can pull FBX into DAZ... Hmmmm...

Post edited by Vially on
    Vially said:

There is an Aniblock out there that looks Okay, does say in the description that it can be dialed up or down to fit your character's needs. It is just walking, but the chest modifications could be a good start to creating your own changes. (all and any aniblock can be converted back to timeline, and therefore be disected using GraphMate or KeyMate.)

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-s-flat-foot-walk-aniblock

Comes in different character versions so G3F is available as well as Victoria.

Edit to add: There is also a Jogging version for same characters.

I have it in my wishlist, but the more I try to do with animation in Studio, the more I say to myself "there has GOT to be a better way!" Even gone so far as to load Poser back up... gee Soft Body Dynamics AND Gravity (sort of), can export as FBX, can pull FBX into DAZ... Hmmmm...

I can tell you from my exprience that anything you buy from SKAmotion store  will be worth the money ou pay fr them,  the aniblocks are very well done and i have purchase all their sets and can hightly recommend them and if you have graphmate you can make the walk cycle curve left or right to make them more useful . Mocap online is another good resource as well https://www.daz3d.com/mocap-online I know they seem pricey , but most preset animations that are done correctly are, so I don't mind the higher end cost for them.  

• marble said:

To be fair to DAZ, the Breast Bounce script which worked in 4.10 was an unsupported freebie so DAZ can't be held responsible for it not working in 4.11, not to mention the fact that the script author also withdrew the script and it is no longer available for download. I'm also disappointed that I can't use it any more but I will give the Casual script a go when I get home in a few weeks.

I do agree, however, that a DAZ Studio roll-back option should be available for those of us who don't habitually archive a copy of the previous version. 

I'm not blaming them, I know that the script was free and not one of their products, so I get that. I'm just in a quandry and am looking for a solution.