Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Another render with light setup similar to the one used before.
    This time is Gia with Greta's skin. She does not look so bad to me.
    Also used:
    Udane Hair http://www.daz3d.com/udane-hair
    dress from http://www.daz3d.com/tec2-cat-for-genesis-2-female-s
    and roses from http://www.daz3d.com/sugar-roses
    DS 4.6 Pro rendering time: 4 minutes 42 seconds

Cool render. For a second I thought the person was a man. The skin texture and lightning makes the figure look like a man. I guess I'm used to seeing women with makeup in bright lights. Thanks for posting the renders.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

This got selected as one of the images of the day over at RDNA. And what is weird, is that the day it was selected, October 14th, was my birthday!

From-the-Gates-of-Hell-illustration.jpg
    2000 x 1250 - 322K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

...still having issues with graininess using the Advanced Ambient and Spotlights. I think they don't works with Poser shaders. Spent threee days trying to fix the issue to no avail.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the comments, starionwolf. And yes, I have also such thoughts for a moment, too.

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

This got selected as one of the images of the day over at RDNA. And what is weird, is that the day it was selected, October 14th, was my birthday!

Congrats it looks awesome, and A belated Happy Birthday!

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Another render with light setup similar to the one used before.
    This time is Gia with Greta's skin. She does not look so bad to me.
    Also used:
    Udane Hair http://www.daz3d.com/udane-hair
    dress from http://www.daz3d.com/tec2-cat-for-genesis-2-female-s
    and roses from http://www.daz3d.com/sugar-roses
    DS 4.6 Pro rendering time: 4 minutes 42 seconds

Hmm, interesting,

Perhaps you could try using the shader settings Greta has on other textures.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Nice one, that was a cool present.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...still having issues with graininess using the Advanced Ambient and Spotlights. I think they don't works with Poser shaders. Spent threee days trying to fix the issue to no avail.

Does the manual say anything about that!?

CHEERS!

edited November 2013

I need to adjust the spotlight and I need to adjust the shading rate.

On the left is Genesis 2 with height set to 1.

On the right is Josie 6 with no extra morphs.

In the interest of saving memory I dressed up Josie in simple clothes. Daz 3D and 3Delight used about 1 GB of memory. wow. At least this scene didn't crash Daz Studio like my previous scene.

edit: i forgot something. I can't make Genesis 2 any shorter or younger. Apparently, if I want to turn Genesis 2 into a kid, I will need to buy Growing up for Genesis 2 Females.

Genesis_2_Josie_6.jpg
    477 x 576 - 48K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

...actually it is not a bad investment. I had no interest in G2F until I saw what could be done with Growing up in the pre-release thread. I figured it would be a while before we saw a G2F teen figure (based on how late YT5 Julie and Justin came out) so I got it and have not been disappointed since. I still do not have Josie (missed using the October coupon as I was away yesterday) and may wait until another DO special happens where I can just get the base character cheap (she does have a nice base skin map I can use and a younger face).

Actually, I don't have any of the Gen6 characters at all as I'm waiting for the GenX update so I can import the Gen5 and Gen4 ones.

edited December 1969

Normally I don't upload two renders in one day. I managed to adjust the lighting to that the Josie and the background aren't washed out. Now I just need to increase the shadow sample rate. lol Here is Josie with fitness details. I like how basicwear shows off her fitness details.

Josie_fitness_details.jpg
    393 x 576 - 45K
    edited December 1969

I'm buying as much as I can when I can so I don't get bored when I do get back into all this. As G2 is the way forward I'll get as much as I can then I'm always in touch with what is going on.

CHEERS!

edited November 2013

funny, I'm still playing with generation 3 figures. lol I think I can use morph mixer with the generation 3 figures in Daz Studio.

edit to add: the only down side is that I don't have many clothes for the generation 3 figures. remember how I was complaining about the lack of clothes for Laura 3? I only have about a dozen outfits compared to the tons of outfits for Victoria 4.

edited December 1969

...Steph3 Petite had the same issue as did the Mil Kids.

Steph4 was also kind of a forgotten child as most V4 "unimesh" clothing constantly had pokethrough on the shoulder blades and ribcage. There was a fair amount of "Unimesh Fit" fixes for Girl4, and SheFreak4 but fewer for Steph. While the Morph follower helped a bit, I still found myself having to make a lot of manual adjustments.

edited December 1969

It does look very much as if we'll have Michael 6 before the month is out and then I'd imagine there'd be some kind of teen, followed by Stephanie 6 and David 6.
    I definitely have more stuff for Gen 4 than I do for any other figure set and most of it has been fitted to later figures with autofit.

CHEERS!

edited November 2013

Closeup of Laura on the moon. At least she is inside the Odysseon Station Observation Deck. I should apply different textures to her to see what they look like.

Video RAM usage: ~125 MB

Laura_moon_base.jpg
    516 x 610 - 59K
    edited December 1969

Nice,

I didn't delve too deeply into Gen 3 where the girls were concerned, V4 had already come out by the time I was first getting into 3D.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

...in space, no one can hear you say...

....Ooooooohhh Pretty

what_a_view_fina_dofl.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Title: Trick or 3 Feet Deep #2

This image won an image of the day honor at RDNA too. I wish DAZ would bring back their galleries.

Trick-or-3-Feet-Deep-02-illustration.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 135K
    edited December 1969

This image won an image of the day honor at RDNA too. I wish DAZ would bring back their galleries.

...nice.

I'm in 100% agreement about the Galleries.

edited November 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...in space, no one can hear you say...

....Ooooooohhh Pretty

That's really cool,

Some interesting morphs going on there.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

Great looking render, I can see why it was a winner.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Playing with the Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    http://www.daz3d.com/creature-creator-hd-for-genesis-2-female-s
    Daz Studio 4.6 Pro render.

TheyWatching.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 172K
    edited November 2013

Nice,

Looks like you might want to turn up the HD though, there doesn't seem to be as much detail as there ought to be.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

On that render I have turned up the HD and have choosen subdivision level 3, but it looks like as it is. Strange.

edited December 1969

That is odd, does it look more detailed in the preview? Could it be your render settings!?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Ok, I have started from Genesis 2 Female and dialed up morphs. It is beginning to look better.

G2Fsc07pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 307K
    G2Fsc06pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 230K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    On that render I have turned up the HD and have choosen subdivision level 3, but it looks like as it is. Strange.
    This may (or may not) help - I had the problem of lack of render detail until I unchecked motion blur in my render settings - DAZ confirmed HD morphs not compatible with motion blur.
    edited December 1969

Thanks for pointing it up, Jabba101. I have not used motion blur in my render settings, because
    I was not aware of it. It looks like I need to explore this settings at some point.
    Right now, another render with HD morphs.

G2Fsc08pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 271K
    edited November 2013

Nice renders everyone. You all reminded me how important lighting is.

Here is my indoor scene without indoor lighting. The distant light is behind the camera and casting shadows.

It looks like there is a power outage in the space station and the electrical doors are stuck. Maddie is trying to manually open the doors using the control panel I'm going to add some point lights and spot lights now. Bye

This scene took 5 minutes to load.

Daz Studio/3Delight memory usage: ~780 MB
    Video RAM: ~200 MB

space_station.jpg
    755 x 610 - 33K
This discussion has been closed.