• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,746
    Mystarra said:

thinkin up some archvis scenes.  inspired by kibaretto

heart

Nice choice for inspiration Misty !!

edited June 2019

Space travel - observation deck

UV mapping of the rails was a bit of a challenge for the pattern I chose - will have to do.

Structure - used the gothic cathedral look as the observation deck, was after plenty of height with open space.

GIS 1 setup.png
    2267 x 1039 - 1M
    GIS 1b.png
    2400 x 1166 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

does it need the utick unwrap?

neat lil plugin

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Thanks, TP Lightdomes is what I used for that with Carrara's realistic sky, I had to tone down the blue a fair bit for that.. you can't get them anymore I don't think from the store.. I think they were extincted.

the best lighting domes for Carrara, I use them for 99% of my renders with slight adjustments here and there. I dunno how new users can get them now frown

If you haven't noticed, Tim Payne again has a Daz store, and is now making products for Studio.  I contacted him.  Keep your fingers crossed, and stay tuned for further announcements... :)

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
    edited June 2019
    Mystarra said:

neat lil plugin

Detective Misty comes up with the answer, & thanks to Sparrowhawke as well !!!

GIS 1c.png
    2400 x 1166 - 3M
    edited June 2019
    Selinita said:

William Vaughan is a genious - I love his software agnostic approach to modeling. Another book you and anyone here might be interested in is his "Pushing Points Topology Workbook". It is specifically about topology and making all quad models. Focus is on how to get out of trouble when you model yourself into a corner...of triangles, ngons and all the other horrid places you can suddenly find yourself when the goal is an all quad model.

I just bought it and am anticipating great projects ahead ...

Hmmm, sounds like something I could use as well.....

Edit : Book ordered !

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited June 2019

There some really nice renders here! I will see if I have time to come up with something.

Will a particle emitter in a particle emitter work?

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
    edited June 2019

thanks desert dude et Bunyip02 = welcome back Evil :) Pull t hat finger out !

"Boy In a room" started off with a play with carrara's procedurals and simple spheres/primitifs etc to generate optiacl illusions - these became the wall paper and flooring - and are the structure, The dream like furniture and gargoyl are the unstructured elements

example of same texture on aplane rendered with spherical camera

Post edited by Headwax on
    Mystarra said:

neat lil plugin

love the narrative :)

Took a break from my ideas so hadn't been following along.  I missed a lot of great stuff.

- UB - that post acopolyst image is haunting in the very best usage of that term.  Great choice of colors (and lack)!

- Stezza - thanks for the tutorial video.  A precursor of more learnng aids?

- Bunyip - its getting hard to keep track of all your wonderful projects.  I'm caught up in the futuristic feel to the sky port.  

- Headwax - have I used up all of permitted uses of the word "haunting"?  Wow, very moving half-skeleton.  Sorry to read about a rough personal patch.  Sending positive karma your way.

- Selina - I strongly support your choice to exercise artistic license and change the color to red for a visual image rather than the book's color.  In the early 1900s edition of the book, The Wizard of Oz, the witch's slippers are silver.  For the classic movie version, they changed the color to ruby for visual impact.  And love seeing your experiments in the vertex room.  Keep them coming.

Sorry if I missed anyone.  Keep up the great work.

thanks Ted, sorry I have been MIA again :(

There some really nice renders here! I will see if I have time to come up with something.

yup.  saw it in a cripeman tutt, it looked fabulous too.

and checkout his tutt  shapes as particle emitters. is awesome.

ka poww!!

i tawt i taw the carrara dalek somewhere 

is prolly out busy exterminating.

I wasn't getting the effect I was after with an emitter in an emitter,

ooo what about lights and cameras from an emitter. capture a video of the ride?  lol

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

Sorry I've been gone for more than a few days here...

Mystarra said:

thinkin up some archvis scenes.  inspired by kibaretto

heart

Cool, hope you can get an entry started - there's still plenty of time!

Mystarra said:

neat lil plugin

Awesome - glad you were able to get it solved. I think you achieved that sense of towering height and space quite well.

Thanks, TP Lightdomes is what I used for that with Carrara's realistic sky, I had to tone down the blue a fair bit for that.. you can't get them anymore I don't think from the store.. I think they were extincted.

the best lighting domes for Carrara, I use them for 99% of my renders with slight adjustments here and there. I dunno how new users can get them now frown

If you haven't noticed, Tim Payne again has a Daz store, and is now making products for Studio.  I contacted him.  Keep your fingers crossed, and stay tuned for further announcements... :)

Great news UnifiedBrain, thanks for the heads up!

Selinita said:

William Vaughan is a genious - I love his software agnostic approach to modeling. Another book you and anyone here might be interested in is his "Pushing Points Topology Workbook". It is specifically about topology and making all quad models. Focus is on how to get out of trouble when you model yourself into a corner...of triangles, ngons and all the other horrid places you can suddenly find yourself when the goal is an all quad model.

I just bought it and am anticipating great projects ahead ...

Hmmm, sounds like something I could use as well.....

Edit : Book ordered !

I think you both will find it useful - it's packed with information cleanly and beautifully illustrated along with Vaughan's words of encouragement and unique sense of humor.

Great to see you here again evilproducer! Hope you get the time to make an entry. 

thanks desert dude et Bunyip02 = welcome back Evil :) Pull t hat finger out !

"Boy In a room" started off with a play with carrara's procedurals and simple spheres/primitifs etc to generate optiacl illusions - these became the wall paper and flooring - and are the structure, The dream like furniture and gargoyl are the unstructured elements

wow Headwax, as usual a rich and complex image. Wonder what kind of mysterious powers that boy posseses...

Mystarra said:

ooo what about lights and cameras from an emitter. capture a video of the ride?  lol

I feel certain I have seen someone experiment with lights in an emitter before, bulb lights with some effect on them?...But a camera? Hmmm...wonder if Carrara would go bonkers...

Keep up the great work folks, it's looking great!!

edited June 2019

Here's one by Cripeman using a particle emitter and lights to make steam:

Post edited by DesertDude on

A camera in the particle emitter crashed Carrara when I used it as the rendering camera...only 1 attempt though, simple scene with Realistic Sky and a Terrain. It did spit out a bunch of cameras, but balked at rendering much more than a patch of sky and then gave me the middle finger.

edited June 2019

Yup. I've used lights in emitters before. It can really cranl up the render times. Some light effects work on the lights and others do not. Can't remember which ones though.

This render that I did for a Carrara challenge uses lights in an emitter.

War of the Worlds.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 385K

That looks really cool evilprocuder - thanks for posting your image!

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited June 2019

When structures are becoming unstructured.

Still a wip.

More rubbel to add...

Doc4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Varsel on
  • @Varsel - nice atmosphere thus far!

edited June 2019

A concept I'm working...
    Still a long way to go.

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 3.19.13 PM.png
    2398 x 1346 - 1M

thanks DesertDude :) 

terrific start Varsel  and Evil 

love both concepts

edited June 2019

Working on some more elements. I'll post info. on how I did stuff soon.

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 8.47.02 PM.png
    2410 x 1350 - 2M
    Varsel said:

When structures are becoming unstructured.

Still a wip.

More rubbel to add...

I'm liking the colossal feel to this image Varsel. Looking great!

Working on some more elements. I'll post info. on how I did stuff soon.

Wow - great image evilproducer! I like the low camera angle, the composition, the sense of depth and the blooming light. 

Thanks DesertDude! I've added some more elements to frame the scene (hopefully) better.

edited June 2019

Some details of the dinos showing some of the lighting and shader adjustments. I'm rendering the image at 4k, so it is taking awhile. Mostly because of the translucency in the plant leaves, and my lighting rig that simulates GI. I also used light linking quite heavily. I'll post some more detailed information later.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 12.56.43 PM.png
    2124 x 1408 - 1M
    Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 12.56.24 PM.png
    2324 x 1452 - 2M