bigh said:
    Ivy said:
    Now playing Karate girl in Down the beaten path
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aejY2RcaXbE

good thing she has underwear ;-)

Yup with blue stripes :)

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Karate Girl might walk with a naughty little wiggle, but she sure taught those thugs a lesson they won't forget! :) Good stuff, keep 'em coming, Ivy.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,189
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Now playing Karate girl in Off the beaten path

Good work, Ivy, your character animation is getting pretty good, pretty seamless. I see a couple of my favorites in there, Posermocap and Smay's "Bad Guy For M4". :snake:

Looks like you're happy with Gen4 figures, I don't see any Genesis.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:
    Now playing Karate girl in Off the beaten path

Good work, Ivy, your character animation is getting pretty good, pretty seamless. I see a couple of my favorites in there, Posermocap and Smay's "Bad Guy For M4". :snake:

Looks like you're happy with Gen4 figures, I don't see any Genesis.

Thanks Steve :)
    My Karate Girl Adventure series is one of my more popular animations.So I think i am improving a little in her animations flims.

to answer your question with out trying to sound like i am putting Genesis down.
    I use Gen4 characters; Because I have 3 -3d programs that can use this type model with less efforts then I can using genesis, and i have tons of gen4 products with morphs and characters sets.
    Plus I also have tons of tools that work with Gen4 and poser where they don't with Daz4.6 or Genesis
    I can't get Maya's Sub-Div too work with Genesis even in FXB. I was told in class its because of how the mesh is defined.

so as I have said before. I only buy products that are gen4, unless its a stand alone genesis figure like. smay Mr Hyde. Other wise I have found gen 4 characters work great for my needs in Daz4.6, Poser Pro & Maya 2012, so those are the products i buy for. Not to mention it seems lately like every time i turn around there is a new version of genesis and a new set of morphs to buy for, Like what is it up to now Genesis 2 and Victoria 6? I just can't afford to keep up with the upgrades anymore, Its great for those who are new & are starting out with daz and are building their own library of products , where they don't already have $1000 of dollars of gen4 character products... Anyway, mean while I'll stick with what is most cost efficient for me to use in my 3 -3D programs and with what I know how to use the best. :)

Thank you for watching and the nice comment.

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    Karate Girl might walk with a naughty little wiggle, but she sure taught those thugs a lesson they won't forget! :) Good stuff, keep 'em coming, Ivy.

Thank you very much for watching Jindi :)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Had fun watching! :)
    How is Stephen coming along? Back to nursing others or is he still in the recuperation stage?
    Cathie

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Had fun watching! :)
    How is Stephen coming along? Back to nursing others or is he still in the recuperation stage?
    Cathie

Thank you for watching and the sweet comment Cathie
    My hubby is doing very well he is on his 4 week of cardiac-rehab he has lost 43 pounds which i am very happy about
    and he is starting to get back to his sassy self again . he still has 6 weeks of rehap left.

I don't know he is ready to go back to work in the ER or not. But I know they are ready for him to come back..lol
    After taking with some of his friend and co- workers they need him back soon.. he specializes & and is very good at Neonatal care and Pediatrics, he been doing it for 32 years. so I think they are missing him.. there.

Thank you for asking Cathie :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Stevie Nicks is great, and you did a very nice job with her. I agree with Jaderail about the chin, but otherwise no complaints. :) Great work with the Karate Girl animation too!

edited November 2013

For the last few months I've been making book covers for a published artist on Amazon and I thought i share it on this post.
    These are a few ofl my art work on this artist books. I have done 6 so far. The last one is a cover for e-books on Kindle.
    Amazon Link
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Buddy+Vaiden&rh=i:aps,k:Buddy+Vaiden

I have permission to post these from the author. Thank you for looking :)

Kindle_Cover_art_Spiritual_Condition_-_A.jpg
    1407 x 2000 - 242K
    Cover-artThe_Spirtual_Cond.jpg
    1900 x 1300 - 205K
    Final-Cover-Touch.jpg
    936 x 666 - 105K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well Done Ivy. I like the new one much. I'm in heavy test mode of my work now. And I admit I have found the gen4's the best for animation myself. Just not enough support for Genesis at this time. I might pick your brain a bit on some of the tools at a later time.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Well Done Ivy. I like the new one much. I'm in heavy test mode of my work now. And I admit I have found the gen4's the best for animation myself. Just not enough support for Genesis at this time. I might pick your brain a bit on some of the tools at a later time.

Thank you jefff for watching..
    I don;t know what I can teach you that you would not already know But I'd be glad to help just let me know.

PS. I can't wait to see what you come up with with your new system

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

I have found gen 4 characters work great for my needs in Daz4.6, Poser Pro & Maya 2012, so those are the products i buy for. Not to mention it seems lately like every time i turn around there is a new version of genesis ...

I have to add Carrara to the list. As I have mentioned before, the best thing that ever happened to me for animation was when Carrara started handling Poser content seamlessly. I have since stopped trying to use Poser, Daz Studio and even Lightwave (except for some very nice LW content). I am happily stuck in DAZ Gen4 character/Carrara animation mode. :coolsmile:

OK, there is Vue ... not for character animation, but wow, some incredible stuff over there ... :gulp:

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:

I have found gen 4 characters work great for my needs in Daz4.6, Poser Pro & Maya 2012, so those are the products i buy for. Not to mention it seems lately like every time i turn around there is a new version of genesis ...

I have to add Carrara to the list. As I have mentioned before, the best thing that ever happened to me for animation was when Carrara started handling Poser content seamlessly. I have since stopped trying to use Poser, Daz Studio and even Lightwave (except for some very nice LW content). I am happily stuck in DAZ Gen4 character/Carrara animation mode. :coolsmile:

OK, there is Vue ... not for character animation, but wow, some incredible stuff over there ... :gulp:

I could see where gen4 in Carrara would be beneficial , though it was my understanding that Genesis works rather well in Carrara, I could not tell you personally because I have never used Carrara, It's not that I have anything against it. its, just I'm kind of blonde and and can't handle learning another 3d program. Autodesk has about stretched my limit with school
    I will admit i have watched some pretty impressive films made with Carrara , and I am just starting to use LW.Obj models, I'm learning that working in Maya with LW and Mud-box plugins work really great, light on CPU rendering, easier to transform the mesh with Sub-Div than a .3ds MAX. so more options are opening up to the public in 3D animation.. I tried starting a couple animations projects on my own using Maya , But so far there so much to making a animation using autodesk you really need more than one person to create a film, maybe that is why I like Daz and poser with Gen4 so much . Because its a great tool for a one person animated film production.

if i could make only one change to 3D and the 3D industry . It would be for all the 3d program companies together and make products compatible with each others programs and models, such as a universal file format, so that blending together in a work flow would be more seamless. That would be incredible, and would make 3d art growth possibilities endless. with a huge range of models available to everyone using any 3d programs Let face it not all 3d file formats are created equal, But they should be for better 3D sales and technological growth for the industry.

I know Dream On ,. But Hey... it cost no more to dream Big :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Carrara is Bought, was installed on old PC and looked at. Was not a jump in and go thing, so for now it's on my learn as I can list. At this time I'm putting my years of Daz Studio playing and plugins to the test, after I'm happy with one GOOD DS thing I plan to install Carrara again. Carrara will be added and enjoyed I'm sure as I learn it.

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    if i could make only one change to 3D and the 3D industry . It would be for all the 3d program companies together and make products compatible with each others programs and models, such as a universal file format, so that blending together in a work flow would be more seamless. That would be incredible, and would make 3d art growth possibilities endless. with a huge range of models available to everyone using any 3d programs Let face it not all 3d file formats are created equal, But they should be for better 3D sales and technological growth for the industry.

I agree and in fact tried to argue for that many years ago on the Bryce forum. I got a lot of pretty harsh criticism saying it would limit the different companies' development of new features, etc.

(Some of the criticism I brought on myself by using the MIDI music file format as an example. People pointed out that there is a lot of bad music in that format, which I don't find a valid argument - there are some stunning MIDI song files around, but it was too late.)

In any case, I doubt seriously that the 3D "Tower of Babel" will ever be fully replaced with a truly universal and usable format. In fact, I see steps in the other direction ... ;-)

I do agree its a nice dream. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Steve K said:

"Steampunk Pirates" by Peter Pohle using his own models that are for sale at Cornucopia3D (content for Vue). So its not just for landscapes ... :coolhmm:

Steampunk-Pirates-Peter-Pohle.jpg
    1600 x 889 - 386K
    edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Steve K said:

"Steampunk Pirates" by Peter Pohle using his own models that are for sale at Cornucopia3D (content for Vue). So its not just for landscapes ... :coolhmm:

I have seen how some people use Vue for animation really good results :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TY-uWjTOYQ

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Carrara is Bought, was installed on old PC and looked at. Was not a jump in and go thing, so for now it's on my learn as I can list. At this time I'm putting my years of Daz Studio playing and plugins to the test, after I'm happy with one GOOD DS thing I plan to install Carrara again. Carrara will be added and enjoyed I'm sure as I learn it.

I can't wait to see what you come up with your new Monster PC. :)

I'm like you I rather like daz most because I'm got more experience with it . But i use Gen 4 because that is what works best in more than one 3d programs that I use ... For me anyway :) I bought a few Genesis figures but they have been stand alone products that don't require me to buy a bunch of morphs and body shapes to use it.

edited November 2013

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:

I agree and in fact tried to argue for that many years ago on the Bryce forum. I got a lot of pretty harsh criticism saying it would limit the different companies' development of new features, etc.

(Some of the criticism I brought on myself by using the MIDI music file format as an example. People pointed out that there is a lot of bad music in that format, which I don't find a valid argument - there are some stunning MIDI song files around, but it was too late.)

In any case, I doubt seriously that the 3D "Tower of Babel" will ever be fully replaced with a truly universal and usable format. In fact, I see steps in the other direction ... ;-)

I do agree its a nice dream. :coolsmile:

You would think that companies cooperating with each other in creating a universal standard for 3d model format would make sense.. I know as a consumer, and a Artist that likes to use & share in other artist work it would be great if it was on a standard file format. The market would be ripe for it
    But yea I see it going just the opposite way myself .

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Here is a comment from Rhiana in the Carrara forum that might be encouraging on your plan to use Carrara (she was having trouble loading a scene in Carrara):

"Anyone has an idea? (besides using DazStudio… I only would do that when DazStudio becomes like Carrara regarding the menu, library, mesh manipulation, shading domain manipulation, shader room, ... and all that what makes Carrara godly)"

I think she is an even bigger fan of Carrara than I am. :coolsmile:

P.S. Folks did recommend a workaround, plus the Carrara version of the problem scene (The Lost World) is on the way, per the PA.

edited December 1969

I know this is not a Animation.
    But i thought you guys may enjoy some other talents i possess
    I hope you enjoy it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSJegTWHgko

Rhiannon.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 69K
    edited December 1969

Good work, one of my favorite groups. I have most of those instruments (and more) here in my work room, haven't turned them on this century yet ... :red:

edited November 2013

Steve K said:
    Good work, one of my favorite groups. I have most of those instruments (and more) here in my work room, haven't turned them on this century yet ... :red:

Thank you very much Steve.
    Fleetwood mac & Stevie Nicks were one of the first groups to inspire me to learn how to play rock.
    I play almost everyday, & I love it more and more each day. You really should dig your equipment out and makes some noise :)

Thank you for watching and the comment

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

I wonder why my last post didn't up date? weird

edited November 2013

some renders I did last night using Stonemason's Wintery terrain http://www.daz3d.com/winter-terrains-for-daz-studio
    Lear Jet By 2nd world at renderosity.com http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/twin-engine-private-jet-85/92717
    rendered in Daz Studio 4.6 pro

04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 231K
    03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 155K
    02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 128K
    01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 231K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited November 2013

These are looking great, Ivy. I especially like the 2nd one with the partial silhouette and the wispy clouds kind of radiating upwards -- very nice composition. It looks like a realistic terrain.

Congratulations on the book cover work too.

Post edited by IndigoJanson on
    edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    These are looking great, Ivy. I especially like the 2nd one with the partial silhouette and the wispy clouds kind of radiating upwards -- very nice composition. It looks like a realistic terrain.

Congratulations on the book cover work too.

Thank you very much Jindi,
    I've been thinking f ways i can use it in a animation, maybe a wing-suit, Jeb Corliss type animation, I think this set would be great for that

edited November 2013

This was a test render of stonemasons Wintery Terrain done in Poser pro 2014 custom lighting
    I think it came out pretty good. anyway

Wing suit - new crazy skydiving/parachuting close to the ground extreme sport . ..lol
    :)

wingsuit_05.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 220K
    wingsuit_04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 262K
    wingsuit_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 210K
    wingsuit_02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 293K
    wingsuit_1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 251K
    Post edited by Ivy on