Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

I've found a bug in the "Hide Items" function, when you tell it you're only interested in certain products.

Unless you tell it you're interested in everything (I had Bryce Carrara and Vue switched off), you won't see everything on offer at https://www.daz3d.com/windfield . The missing item - https://www.daz3d.com/haydina-hair-for-genesis-8-females - appears to be a normal Daz Studio item, but Daz Deals doesn't think so.

Anyone else having an issue with this? It works fine for me--only disappearing when I uncheck Daz Studio.

My next big project is going to be the handling of owned items. Right now, everything is great and organized in my wishlist: I know what I want for a specific project, etc. Then I buy the items, and it all becomes a huge mess.

I use the site's categories, and displaying only the owned items when I need to find a character, for example, but when I'm looking for "castle-related items," it all becomes really problematic. And the shop only shows items that are still for sale, not items that have been pulled from the store, yet I still have them from before.

So this new project will use all the items from the product library, and have the ability to display it like the multiple-wishlist feature: defining labels that each item belongs to, and filtering to show only those labels.

If you're interested in this feature, is there anything in particular that you would like to be able to do?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Ati said:

I've found a bug in the "Hide Items" function, when you tell it you're only interested in certain products.

Unless you tell it you're interested in everything (I had Bryce Carrara and Vue switched off), you won't see everything on offer at https://www.daz3d.com/windfield . The missing item - https://www.daz3d.com/haydina-hair-for-genesis-8-females - appears to be a normal Daz Studio item, but Daz Deals doesn't think so.

Anyone else having an issue with this? It works fine for me--only disappearing when I uncheck Daz Studio.

Sorry fo the late reply. I also have Bryce, Carrara and Vue unchecked. I see Haydina Hair just fine when I look at https://www.daz3d.com/windfield. Maybe Daz changed something between when the problem was posted and now.

• avmorganavmorgan Posts: 201

In case you take suggestions, I'd love to see a Catagory Sort option, so we can view items in terms of product type: Props, Figures, Sets, etc. Combined with the "Show Owned" check box, it'd come in very handy. I just have no luck finding things using the search bar in the store. 

edited June 2019
    avmorgan said:

In case you take suggestions, I'd love to see a Catagory Sort option, so we can view items in terms of product type: Props, Figures, Sets, etc. Combined with the "Show Owned" check box, it'd come in very handy. I just have no luck finding things using the search bar in the store. 

That's one of the main goals of my current project. To be able to assign labels to existing products, and have a list like "figures" (and anything else that you define and assign items to) that you own. I was surprised/shocked (pick the right word :)) to see how many of the bought items are no longer in the store. I knew there were some that the "show owned" checkbox misses (it only shows items that are still in the store), but the amount of extra items appearing in the new list I'm currently working on is huge. Right now, I think that this new feature will be at least as useful than the "wishlist only" feature in enabling everyone to find their products more easily.

Post edited by Ati on
    Ati said:
    avmorgan said:

That's one of the main goals of my current project. To be able to assign labels to existing products, and have a list like "figures" (and anything else that you define and assign items to) that you own. I was surprised/shocked (pick the right word :)) to see how many of the bought items are no longer in the store. I knew there were some that the "show owned" checkbox misses (it only shows items that are still in the store), but the amount of extra items appearing in the new list I'm currently working on is huge. Right now, I think that this new feature will be at least as useful than the "wishlist only" feature in enabling everyone to find their products more easily.

Lisa's Botanicals, Ken Gilliland (Songbird Remix), and Moya must make up a big chunk of those items. They would for me, anyway.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    Ati said:

My next big project is going to be the handling of owned items. Right now, everything is great and organized in my wishlist: I know what I want for a specific project, etc. Then I buy the items, and it all becomes a huge mess.

I use the site's categories, and displaying only the owned items when I need to find a character, for example, but when I'm looking for "castle-related items," it all becomes really problematic. And the shop only shows items that are still for sale, not items that have been pulled from the store, yet I still have them from before.

So this new project will use all the items from the product library, and have the ability to display it like the multiple-wishlist feature: defining labels that each item belongs to, and filtering to show only those labels.

If you're interested in this feature, is there anything in particular that you would like to be able to do?

To be able to see the items I own that are no longer in the store would be awesome!

edited June 2019

This is getting insane. The prices of hundreds of products keep changing every couple of minutes. Going up, going down, going back up, going back down, then up again, and then down, then repeat.

Over the weekend, I'll change the way the "best prices" notifications are handled. Bear with me until then--this is not an error on our end, the prices do indeed keep changing this much. :(

Post edited by Ati on
    Ati said:

This is getting insane. The prices of hundreds of products keep changing every couple of minutes. Going up, going down, going back up, going back down, then up again, and then down, then repeat.

Over the weekend, I'll change the way the "best prices" notifications are handled. Bear with me until then--this is not an error on our end, the prices do indeed keep changing this much. :(

Why did the price history get wiped out (apparently) for those products in the Best Prices list? 

Price History Lost.JPG
    1042 x 775 - 118K
    barbult said:
    Ati said:

Why did the price history get wiped out (apparently) for those products in the Best Prices list? 

That's a PC+ item, with the lowest price of $1.99 each day. It's not wiped out, but there's nothing lower than that in the last one year. The last time it was cheaper was in January of 2018. More expensive, however, it's been a few times, but always back to its lower price within an hour or so.

Ati said:
    barbult said:
    Ati said:

That's a PC+ item, with the lowest price of $1.99 each day. It's not wiped out, but there's nothing lower than that in the last one year. The last time it was cheaper was in January of 2018. More expensive, however, it's been a few times, but always back to its lower price within an hour or so.

Oh, I see now. If I put the cursor over the beginning of the history line it show June 2018 as the date. It still seems a little strange that is is reported as the lowest price in a year, when it has been that price almost the entire time. I guess the short blip to a higher price and back down triggered the reporting. It makes us think there is a sudden bargain to be had, when really, there seems to be no urgency at all. If there is a real bargain item in the long list (something that really is at an unusually low price), it would be hard to spot. Not complaining; just trying to understand what is going on.

barbult said:
    Ati said:
    barbult said:
    Ati said:

Oh, I see now. If I put the cursor over the beginning of the history line it show June 2018 as the date. It still seems a little strange that is is reported as the lowest price in a year, when it has been that price almost the entire time. I guess the short blip to a higher price and back down triggered the reporting. It makes us think there is a sudden bargain to be had, when really, there seems to be no urgency at all. If there is a real bargain item in the long list (something that really is at an unusually low price), it would be hard to spot. Not complaining; just trying to understand what is going on.

Ideally, the price of a PC+ product should remain $1.99 for PC+ members, unless there is a sale where you can get it cheaper. Not so ideally (ie: more and more often lately) prices of hundreds of items keep changing multiple times a day. Sometimes it's a change to full price and then back to PC+ discount, repeated a few times, like today. This is frequent for PC+ members. At other times, it's a one penny change, once in this direction, once in that--again repeated multiple times. This is more frequent for non-PC+ members.

I've now changed the logic behind the best price notifications. It should produce fewer messages in these cases, but I'm not too happy that I had to do this change. The original logic was the one I wanted--however because of the unintended price fluctuations throughout the day, it's giving many more notifications than would be desirable. We'll see how it works out and if it needs more tweaking tomorrow morning. It could still produce "false positives," but not as frequently as it does now. I don't want to get too extreme with it yet, because then that would mean missing out on some of the actual deals.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Hi, I started getting gallry notifications yesterday.  As far as I know, i have not requested any gallery notifications.  I am not even sure how to set that.  I found the setting, and it was set to "All" so I changed it to selected and there is nothing in my list.  Should that stop those emails?

3dOutlaw said:

Hi, I started getting gallry notifications yesterday.  As far as I know, i have not requested any gallery notifications.  I am not even sure how to set that.  I found the setting, and it was set to "All" so I changed it to selected and there is nothing in my list.  Should that stop those emails?

Set it to "off," and click the unsubscribe link in the email. Setting it to off will not automatically get you off that notification, it will just not put you on it at the next sync.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

OK, will do thanks

edited June 2019

Question: do you guys use the wishlist comments for anything? (Other than the multiple wishlist feature of the addon.)

Post edited by Ati on
    Ati said:

Question: do you guys use the wishlist comments for anything? (Other than the multiple wishlist feature of the addon.)

I don't enter any comments.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    I no longer use comments. Thanks.
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609

There is a comment section for wishlist?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

I use comments sometimes, but I can live with them only on my IE (no add-on) browser, if you're thinking of removing them from display?

• RhaleRhale Posts: 77
    Ati said:

Yes, I use them to add category tags - character, vehicle/land, shape set, SciFi etc. Very handy when there's a big sale on.

Rhale_2 said:
    Ati said:

Yes, I use them to add category tags - character, vehicle/land, shape set, SciFi etc. Very handy when there's a big sale on.

That's the multiple wishlist feature. Or labels. Or categories. I meant for anything other than this. I can't really give an example, as I don't use them myself, but maybe to keep track of when the lowest price of it was, or some other stuff that is not an addon feature.

MelanieL said:

I use comments sometimes, but I can live with them only on my IE (no add-on) browser, if you're thinking of removing them from display?

Are those comments for items that you categorize, or other items?

I'm not thinking about removing them from display. I'm thinking of completely hijacking them. :D

To categorize the items, you now need to manually enter the categories you want the items to belong to. This method is easy to use and works perfectly. I want to keep this. But I also want to add categorization from the product page, from the product library, and a "mass categorization" option. To keep these new features consistent with what we already have, the most straight-forward solution would be to overwrite the comments that you have for existing wishlisted items.

• NathNath Posts: 2,712
    edited June 2019
    Ati said:
    Rhale_2 said:
    Ati said:

That's the multiple wishlist feature. Or labels. Or categories. I meant for anything other than this. I can't really give an example, as I don't use them myself, but maybe to keep track of when the lowest price of it was, or some other stuff that is not an addon feature.

I use the multiple wishlist, but I also enter the date something comes out - does that count as a comment? (format of the whole thing ends up like [[ 20190619;#clothing;#dforce ]] ) I did try for a while to keep track of lowest price, but it got a bit much for the size of the field

Post edited by Nath on
    Nath said:
    Ati said:
    Rhale_2 said:
    Ati said:

I use the multiple wishlist, but I also enter the date something comes out - does that count as a comment? (format of the whole thing ends up like [[ 20190619;#clothing;#dforce ]] ) I did try for a while to keep track of lowest price, but it got a bit much for the size of the field

Do you need that in the comments? You can easily have that displayed on the product page itself:

Capture.JPG
    1236 x 774 - 141K
    Ati said:
    Nath said:
    Ati said:
    Rhale_2 said:
    Ati said:

Do you need that in the comments? You can easily have that displayed on the product page itself:

I suppose it becomes irrelevant once an item is no longer new. Until then it's handy to know when things are going to come off new status in the wishlist

• RhaleRhale Posts: 77

How do I enable seeing the release date? (Firefox on Mac)

Nath said:
    Ati said:
    Nath said:
    Ati said:
    Rhale_2 said:
    Ati said:

I suppose it becomes irrelevant once an item is no longer new. Until then it's handy to know when things are going to come off new status in the wishlist

And I guess I could make it a tag if I find I cannot live without them and want other shiny functions too *g* (and clean them out once an item is no longer new)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    Ati said:
    MelanieL said:

Are those comments for items that you categorize, or other items?

I'm not thinking about removing them from display. I'm thinking of completely hijacking them. ...

I use them in a couple of ways: (1) Why did I wishlist this? (e.g. I have the textures or a related-in-some-other-way product); (2) how much am I prepared to pay for it (as %age); (3) which character is it for? (sometimes the product name does't give a clue).

Ati said:
    Nath said:
    Ati said:
    Rhale_2 said:
    Ati said:

Ooh, that would be nice to have! (I spend a lot of time flipping back and forth into the ReadMe just to locate that info! (In fact that might make up for you high-jacking those Comment fields!)

Rhale_2 said:

How do I enable seeing the release date? (Firefox on Mac)

MelanieL said:

Ooh, that would be nice to have! (I spend a lot of time flipping back and forth into the ReadMe just to locate that info! (In fact that might make up for you high-jacking those Comment fields!)

It actually exists already, just not as part of the addon. http://civilizationhunt.com/ds/ here and it's the last one at the bottom of the page, called "Release date for new items." It adds a date overlay on the category page like this:

and adds the info on all of the product pages like in the above image.

It could be added to the addon natively at some point in the future, but until then, it exists as a separate script. I use it all the time, very handy.

Capture.JPG
    895 x 871 - 86K
This discussion has been closed.