Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited May 2019

There is an option to install the professional version of Firefox, and then override the problems.  My husband did it for me as I let out a wail of agonized suffering.

Computers.  Don't turn your back on them to binge-watch Gravity Falls with the kids! angry

This is what I did, after chewing out FF for updating without my permission. Didn't realize it was something else. For any who would like to do this, here's the download page for the latest ESR: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

@manekiNeko, updating to the SRE may solve your problem with older addons. If you'd like to try it, I recommend you locate and download the installer for your current version of Firefox first. Then you can uninstall the ESR and reinstall the version that's working for you, should the ESR not be the best solution for you.

I'll probably continue to use the ESR. Nothing annoys me more than a dumb, one-size-fits-all program telling me how I have to use my computer and assorted tools. At least the ESR doesn't assume I'm incapable of making an informed decision! (Okay, end of mini-rant! lol)

ETA: And now I see Nath had pretty much the same answer! Great minds, Nath!
    laugh angel

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Mozilla has fixed the issue with the addons. You have to be running their Studies option to make the fix work. More information about how to enable the fix is at https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/

They say it may take up to six hours for the study fix for the addons to be applied. Mine was fixed in about ten minutes, I think. I had the browser check for updates; don't know if that helped or not, or if I just got lucky in timing. It may have helped that I had that option turned off beforehand; I'm not ovelry fond of my browser sending information that way.

• edited May 2019
    vwrangler said:

Mozilla has fixed the issue with the addons. You have to be running their Studies option to make the fix work. More information about how to enable the fix is at https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/

They say it may take up to six hours for the study fix for the addons to be applied. Mine was fixed in about ten minutes, I think. I had the browser check for updates; don't know if that helped or not, or if I just got lucky in timing. It may have helped that I had that option turned off beforehand; I'm not ovelry fond of my browser sending information that way.

Mozilla uninstalled not only Daz Deals but Adblock Plus. When I clicked on More Information, the only option it gave me was to install the devoloper version, nothing about either add-on being in the review process or that they would be available again soon. So I just uninstalled Firefox and told them exactly why, because I am not in a tolerant mood right now. I already had Chrome on my PC, so I made sure I had the Chrome version of the add-ons. Satisfactory solution.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited May 2019
    vwrangler said:

Mozilla uninstalled not only Daz Deals but Adblock Plus. When I clicked on More Information, the only option it gave me was to install the devoloper version, nothing about either add-on being in the review process or that they would be available again soon. So I just uninstalled Firefox and told them exactly why, because I am not in a tolerant mood right now. I already had Chrome on my PC, so I made sure I had the Chrome version of the add-ons. Satisfactory solution.

Yeah, I expect they're going to lose a lot of users over this. It would be one thing if this were back in the aulden days, when Netscape (Mozilla's predecessor) had something like 90% of the browser market, but that's just not the case now.

In any event, if you let Studies run (or do whatever it does), it will restore all of your addons and their settings, from what I've seen. The one caveat seems to be that this is only certified to work on the most recent desktop/PC versions of Firefox Quantum. People running earlier versions of Firefox are reporting either that they don't have a Studies option, or that it doesn't seem to be working, or that it restored their addons but all the addon options/preferences they'd set were gone. Also, if you're running Firefox ESR, it hasn't been fixed; the about:config fix for that browser is a workaround that should be undone at some point to prevent malicious plugins from compromising your browser. (In theory.)

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • diogenese19348diogenese19348 Posts: 926
    edited May 2019

I just refreshed Firefox and started over.  Didn't have any problem reinstalling the plugin.  And yeah, Mozilla did not make any friends over this one.  I really don't want Google knowing more about me than they already know though.

Post edited by diogenese19348 on
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited May 2019

everyone who answered me..

i read the page about the addon signing yesterday already and modified my config to allow unsigned addons (all before i wrote the previous post here). it didn't help much, i got some legacy addons back. but a lot of other addons are still disabled. probably because i don't have an ESR version?

btw i'm still using the 56 version, i don't want 57 (quantum??) or later because many of my fav addons aren't available any more. so while i don't even understand what is so great about having an ESR version anyways, i had a peek at the lines here and on moz support about ESR nightly etc versions, i'm pretty sure they're post 57 anyways, so not what i want.. (and i'm sick, which means i'm even less focused/able to understand some tech page from mozilla than my usual dense self)

and i don't want to enable any studies or feedback to moz either (i didn't even grasp if this was or not related to those ESR and other versions). all i want is my browser just working as it did, with the 56 version that i have... is this/will this be possible?
    asking this here cuz i'm also pretty sure that to write any post anywhere on the moz forums you have to be registered or sth...

*sorry going back to bed might be a while until i answer*

EDITED TO ADD: this seems to me like mozilla is just trying very hard on purpose to trick users not wanting to update to quantum to update anyways, forcing them between a rock and a hard place (keep the old pre-57 version and have many most useful addons not working any more, or update to a version they don't want). sorry for the conspiracy theory but this stinks miles away.

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I installed the DAZ Deals plugin once again after a new install of my computer but the 'Price History' is not showing up when I go to the product page of a product. I don't in my list of scripts when I at my TamperMonkey DashBoard see a script installed that looks like it's a 'Price History' script either.

• I use Waterfox, haven't had any trouble with losing add-ons, or anything and most Firefox add-ons work with it.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited May 2019

Firefox Quantum just went bonkers and disabled half my plugins, including the DAZ Deals browser.  The idiots in charge at Mozilla seem absolutely determined to destroy Firefox...   

Post edited by Cybersox on

Hmm.  I just tried to apply the DDB for Chrome, but I can't find the information in this thread on how to actually get it up and running, and there doesn't seem to be any information on the chrome extension page either.  Is there a link to a step by step somewhere?  

• AtiAti Posts: 9,081
    Cybersox said:

Hmm.  I just tried to apply the DDB for Chrome, but I can't find the information in this thread on how to actually get it up and running, and there doesn't seem to be any information on the chrome extension page either.  Is there a link to a step by step somewhere?  

The first post in the thread has the link to the various browser stores.

Ati said:
    Cybersox said:

Yes, I found that, downloaded the extension and then... nothing.  It's installed but not working.  I remember that there was a web page I had to go to for firefox so I'm assuming that there's something similar for Chrome, but the only link on the Chrome page is to the first page of this thread, which takes you back there.  Endless loop.  I'm assuming that there's a step by step for chrome somewhere or how else would it work?  

Cybersox said:
    Ati said:
    Cybersox said:

Yes, I found that, downloaded the extension and then... nothing.  It's installed but not working.  I remember that there was a web page I had to go to for firefox so I'm assuming that there's something similar for Chrome, but the only link on the Chrome page is to the first page of this thread, which takes you back there.  Endless loop.  I'm assuming that there's a step by step for chrome somewhere or how else would it work?  

Hold on, I found out what the issue was.  The password snych wasn't loading and that gummed everything else up.   

Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:
    Ati said:
    Cybersox said:

Hold on, I found out what the issue was.  The password snych wasn't loading and that gummed everything else up.   

Is it working now?

Ati said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:
    Ati said:
    Cybersox said:

Is it working now?

Yes.  I haven't used Chrome that much and the interface threw me, but this latest BS from Mozilla may be the thing that finally makes me drop Firefox.     

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

I'm just grateful that FF is working right againand my add-ons are back to working ,however I will get my daughter to help me set Chrome as a backup browser in case this poop happens again

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Cybersox said:
    Ati said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:
    Ati said:
    Cybersox said:

Is it working now?

Yes.  I haven't used Chrome that much and the interface threw me, but this latest BS from Mozilla may be the thing that finally makes me drop Firefox.     

I think that you will find that the Daz Store is much faster in Chrome. That is why I dumped Firefox for Chrome several months ago.

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited May 2019

My Firefox just did the "ignore all plugins" bit too.

Trying to get the Daz add on going but when I click the link and try to download it says "Download failed. Please check your connection." on a red banner. 

So Chrome it is, heh.

Post edited by Elgyfu on
    Elgyfu said:

So I thought I would try swapping to Chrome.  Got it installed, but now got to do the key thing again

What do you mean by "key thing"? If you were signed up for the notifications, then you can (and in fact, should) use the same details (email and passcode) you used in Firefox.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Sort by % off has not been working for me for a couple of days?  Is anyone else experiencing it?  Just now, was trying it with my wishlist and it didn't even bring the PC+ to the top - the percentages are all scattered.

gitika1 said:

Sort by % off has not been working for me for a couple of days?  Is anyone else experiencing it?  Just now, was trying it with my wishlist and it didn't even bring the PC+ to the top - the percentages are all scattered.

Brand new items from the store (items released in the last couple of hours, let's say a day max) will not be properly sorted due to caching. Anything else after them should be sorted according to the % off, and even those items will eventually fall into their proper places.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Everything about Daz Deals is working except the Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter.

Oh,the "total amount spent" isn't working, but that's because I shut it off. It was too depressing.

Petercat said:

Everything about Daz Deals is working except the Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter.

Oh,the "total amount spent" isn't working, but that's because I shut it off. It was too depressing.

Toggle these settings off and then back on.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    Petercat said:

I know.  It is too frustrating for me.  Did I really spend that much?

Overdrawn said:

I'll post here when there are updates and/or Chrome, Opera (etc) releases.

Enjoy!

Sent you a message.

Ati said:
    Petercat said:

Tried, didn't work. Bundles light-out isn't working, either.
    Should I just uninstall/reinstall? Might not be able to reinstall, due to latest Firefox SNAFU (Yes, I know what that acronym means!)

• RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288

Is the plug-in working with Mac Safari?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:

Tried, didn't work. Bundles light-out isn't working, either.
    Should I just uninstall/reinstall? Might not be able to reinstall, due to latest Firefox SNAFU (Yes, I know what that acronym means!)

It reinstalled for me yesterday on Ff

• EthericalDGEthericalDG Posts: 1
    edited May 2019

Thanks for this addon, just found it the other week. Already using it and buying and saving!

I about fell out of my chair when I saw how much I have spent over the years. Not talking about a few hundred dollars here . wOw!!  surprise

Post edited by EthericalDG on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

Thanks for this addon, just found it the other week. Already using it and buying and saving!

I about fell out of my chair when I saw how much I have spent over the years. Not talking about a few hundred dollars here . wOw!!  surprise

Few thousand I gather?  Same here!

This discussion has been closed.