*Closed* RRRR - Shakespeare Insults render contest

TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
edited September 2019 in Art Studio

Hi folks, yes you heard it correct, the RRRR is doing something different. This time you will use a DS Script to generate a typical Shakespeare insult, and render a scene fitting that insult, how, where is your choice. For those who do not have DS, the insults list the script is based on is attached, but the script is much more random ;-) Download the script and put it into your library somewhere, scripts is a good place, click it, and your insult will come to you!

You can enter up to 8 entries, but the actual voting process and categories is not yet decided, but will come when it's time for voting. No LBs, no other strings attached, except, keep on the right side of the TOS friendy boundry.

Entries are entered here: Entries Only Thread

Now, have fun in the good tradition of Shakespeare insults!

Edit: As many of the old englsh words no longer exists in dictionaries, google and Wikipedia are your friends!

Edit 2: Script requires DAZ Studio 4.9.3.93 or better

We now have DAZ GC prizes, more information will follow, but anyone who wanna sponsor, with products or CGs are welcome. Any of my PA friends?

Edit 3: Updated the script

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

I have no idea what it would even look like, but I call dibs on the pribbling rump-fed bugbear.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,656

My first one is:

"Thou wayward spur-galled clack-dish!" 

I guess I will be doing some research. I know "wayward." laugh

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited June 2019

lol, I got: Thou weedy motley-minded mammet, which through some research gave me a hint in ""you skinny mixed minded scarecrow""
    I found some less "poliical correct translations as well", but scarecrow was a 1500-ish english translation that I think fit Mr Shakespeare , may he spin in his grave after this.

Post edited by Totte on
  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited June 2019

My first* insult,using DS4.8, is "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details." which, whilst undeniably insulting, doesn't sound particularly Shakespearian to me ?

Sooo... my second insult, using DS4.9 is:

"Thou fobbing base-court miscreant!"

That's more like it !

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

My first insult is:

"An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details."

That doesn't sound particularly Shakespearian to me ? wink

Edit:The (DS4.8) log file tells me:
     Loading script:.../Scripts/Insults.dse
     Failed to load script: .../Scripts/Insults.dse

Sooo... my second insult, using DS4.9 is:

"Thou fobbing base-court miscreant!"

That's more like it !

yes, I set 4.9.3.93 as mimimum (as many of the functions I use did not come until that release).

TigerAnne said:

I have no idea what it would even look like, but I call dibs on the pribbling rump-fed bugbear.

That's what imaginiation is for ;-)

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Thou mangled motley-minded fustilarian! ??

Gopherus said:

Thou mangled motley-minded fustilarian! ??

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fustilarian

lol!  falstaff has fallen on hard times indeed as the merry wives of windsor rise to conquer

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited June 2019

Errrr... I think we already have the perfect render for my insult...from Luci, last contest... I'm certain Prince Rasnak knows his Shakspeare !

Fobbing: as in fob off - passing off rubbish for the real thing. I think we can probably extend that to selling stolen goods ?
    Base-court: the lower/outer/secondary courtyard of a castle. I think the setting here would fit ?
    Miscreant: unbeliever, heretic. Although I think we could get away with the more modern* ne'er-do-well, scallywag interpretation ?

*relatively speaking of course

Insult.jpg
    499 x 281 - 28K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

My first insult is "Thou craven fat-kidneyed flax-wench!"

Going to to be fun with this insult!!!

LOL, 3dcheapskate , thine invective suits him well, and thou hast not seen the last of Big Ronny Rumoroso. wink 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited June 2019

On the assumption that the Daz script does not weight the words, I used a random number generator to pick a word from each column.  The result was "Thou villainous, fen-sucked, boar-pig."  Have to admit that I am a little disappointed.  I was hoping for some archaic reprimand, but 3DCheapskate referred to someone as a "villainous, fen-sucked, boar-pig" in his recent space opera thread.  No, I could be wrong about that.   He may have merely used the term "artless" to minimize the value of his target.  

Post edited by Diomede on

On the assumption that the Daz script does not weight the words, I used a random number generator to pick a word from each column.  The result was "Thou villainous, fen-sucked, boar-pig."  Have to admit that I am a little disappointed.  I was hoping for some archaic reprimand, but 3DCheapskate referred to someone as a "villainous, fen-sucked, boar-pig" in his recent space opera thread.  No, I could be wrong about that.   He may have merely used the term "artless" to minimize the value of his target.  

Correct, no weighting just random ;-) and a good one!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I think this month is going to be so much fun to see what everyone comes up with for thier insults!

I myself have started already getting the scene set up!

edited June 2019

tag: luci45 #1
    Thou wayward spur-galled clack dish!
    Dirty Ollie was pleasantly surprised when Prince Rasnak rewarded him for a little gossip about Big Ronnie Rumorosa. Ollie's wife told him how she felt about snitches, but thought it was an impressive coin.

spur-galled clack dish.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 895K
    Post edited by luci45 on

@luci45 #1  Great expressions... after all a snitch, in time, doubles the crime!

Gopherus said:

@luci45 #1  Great expressions... after all a snitch, in time, doubles the crime!

Thanks, Gopherus. He seems pleased with himself. 

#2  Thou paunchy boil-brained strumpet!

@Luci45: #1 You kicked off this with an exceptionally great one! And see Big Ronnie Rumorosa back so qucikly is really fun! You have a real funny character there in him!

edited June 2019

Tag: Totte#1

Insult: Thou weedy motley-minded mammet!
    The new colony house hold robot was not really a good help at all.

Items used:
    Christian 8 + SciFi Settler + Retro Hero Hair + Z Handle It (Poses) + SciFi Handgadgets 2
    Mrs Chow 8 + Retro Romper + Messy Bun Hair
    CCK 
    New Colony
    Have A Seat
    Art Toxic
    Restricted Zone
    Rock Grass Props
    Air Scrubber
    Dystopian Kiosks

haders used:
    Simple Fabric
    PBS Shaders Vol 2
    FSL Filthy Dirty Iray Shaders
    My own Barrel texture
    Ingenious Rock

Scripts Used:
    Dforce Magnets

cleaning_day.jpg
    1600 x 1156 - 339K
    Post edited by Totte on

Insult #2 " Thou wayward spur-galled foot-licker! "

@totte #1  LOL!  good one!  that s what they get when they buy a protocol droid instead of one fluent in bacchi.

Good one, Totte. I had no idea what a mammet is. A good word. I think it knows it has great abilities than humans realize.

Thou wayward spur-galled foot-licker! " Strange, I had "wayward spur-galled" on my first one

"

edited June 2019

Tag: luci45 #2
    Thou paunchy boil-brained strumpet!

(with apologies to Gene Roddenberry, Captain Kirk and Mr Spock)

quibbles.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by luci45 on

@Luci45: Luci#2 - brilliant, I think we all recognize them instantly, perfect implementation!

- Luci45 #1 - Ollie better watch out because a snitch in time slays nine.  Good one.

- Totte #1 - As Maxwell would say, "The robot missed it by THAT much."  Better use dry cleaning in the future.

- Lci45 #2 - If I remember correctly, the poor critters get beamed to an alien ship.  They should have mae a sequal episode.  Excellent!

edited June 2019

Tag: Diomede #1

Thou villainous, fen-sucked, boar-pig

When visiting her grandmother, Big Red Riding Hood thought she was being clever when she avoided the wolf by cutting through the fen instead of the woods.  But the three pigs went to the fen to avoid the wolf also.  One of the pigs was quite greedy, and the other two followed his lead. 

Items used:

G2F, Garden Party Dress for G2F, and Hooded Cloak for G2F

Big Pig and Big Pig outfit from ContentParadise

Three Little Pigs and accessories by 3DUniverse

Big Bad Wolf by 3DUniverse

Timeless Fairy Tale Bundle by 3DUniverse

Picnic Basket by Blondie9999

Villanous Fen Boar Pig 05.png
    2000 x 1500 - 3M

@Diomede_CarraraDiomede #1: Very cool and you really turned that one into a nice image!

edited June 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Totte.  Fun to mix up the framework of RRRR every once in a while.  My second pull is

thou

frothy
    earth-vexing
    malt-worm

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

"Dankish hedge-born varlot" -- should be interesting.  Don't know what a 'varlot' even is.  Off to go look it up.

Terrific ones so far.  Laundry in flammable liquids, "Trouble with tribbles" LMAO!  And a Mr. Boar seems to be getting into the wine.  He'll start telling old three pigs stories and be a... bore?