*Closed* RRRR - Shakespeare Insults render contest

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659

Thanks, Gopherus, Totte, Diomede_Carrara and Tynkere. 

Diomede_Carrara - Hillarious! I love the poses and story. (I pulled the bore-hog this time.)

Pull #3 - Thou wayward shard-borne boar-pig!

edited June 2019

Tag: luci45 #3
    Thou wayward shard-borne boar-pig!

Used:
    Cicada 
    Beetle (Smith Micro)
    Real Short Hair for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Timothy HD for Michael 6 texture
    Dental Plan 2 HD for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Smoking Stuff
    Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Capsces Creature Creator Shapes for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Fairy Poses for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Fighting Monk for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Fighting Monk Textures
    Skies of iRadiance - Sunset HDRIs for Iray
    Art Deco Cabinet Whisky Bottle
    Shattered
    Smoking Props

shard-borne boar hog.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 478K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,508

@Luci45: Luci#3 Haha Fabolous! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, It's the boar-pig!

Totte said:

@Luci45: Luci#3 Haha Fabolous! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, It's the boar-pig!

Yes, pigs can fly! Thanks, Totte.

Pull # 4: Thou tottering dismal-dreaming clothpole!   I think that should be "clotpole." It's right on your list but not in the script. (I only know because I googled it.)

edited June 2019
    luci45 said:
    Totte said:

Yes, pigs can fly! Thanks, Totte.

Pull # 4: Thou tottering dismal-dreaming clothpole!   I think that should be "clotpole." It's right on your list but not in the script. (I only know because I googled it.)

probably damn auto-confuddle! I take a look

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited June 2019

Luci #3

Pig in a poke who likes to smoke (and some sort of beverage too) Good one!

You’re really setting a high bar here.  Scattered shards-- clever!  :)    

---

My SSD crashed about a month ago, so restoring my desktop hasn’t been fun.  Rendering silly Shakespeare much more fun. :)

Anyway, I think ‘Varlot’ (varlet??) meant knave, rogue, or rascal.  If a rogue is sometimes a thief... 

---
    Dankish hedge-born varlot!

Shakespeare1.png
    1301 x 1025 - 2M
    Post edited by Tynkere on
    edited June 2019

Tynkere: Luci is an old Indian word fo "very High Bar", and good one! Hedge Fund people can be so cruel to gardeners ;-)

Post edited by Totte on

Thanks, Tynkere and Totte. 

LOL, Tynkere, that is so cool. I love the two hedge references. 

This contest is pretty fun. Shakespeare would possibly approve. Totte set the bar for crazy s***. It's a magnetic bar that pulls in the rest of us. 

Thanks-- all of you here have more experience than I do, but it's is a fun way to learn.  :) 

Pull 2: "Mammering, plume-plucked, mammet"  

I think it means"stuttering humbled dim-wit"  Have to give some thought to that one. 

• LaPartitaLaPartita Posts: 401

Totte - what an awesome idea for a contest! 

I couldn't resist sharing one of my favorite actual Shakespearean insults:

"Thou art a base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy worsted-stocking knave; a lily-liver’d, action-taking, whoreson, glass-gazing, superserviceable, finical rogue; one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a bawd in way of good service, and art nothing but the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pandar, and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch."  (King Lear, Act 2, Scene 2)

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689

"Thou art a base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy worsted-stocking knave; a lily-liver’d, action-taking, whoreson, glass-gazing, superserviceable, finical rogue; one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a bawd in way of good service, and art nothing but the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pandar, and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch."  (King Lear, Act 2, Scene 2)

...and now you have to render that !

Yes Render it!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    Totte said:

Yes Render it!

I agree she should render it now that she announced it in here!!

Totte said:

Yes Render it!

I agree she should render it now that she announced it in here!!

Actually, come to think of it... I think that's the curse the bard himself uttered when his Word* Processor, Oswald, lost the entire draft of "Thirteenth Night - being a tale of nefarious deeds just before the weekend" ?

*I resisted the temptation to spell that 'Worde"...

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Tag: Diomede #1

Thou villainous, fen-sucked, boar-pig

When visiting her grandmother, Big Red Riding Hood thought she was being clever when she avoided the wolf by cutting through the fen instead of the woods.  But the three pigs went to the fen to avoid the wolf also.  One of the pigs was quite greedy, and the other two followed his lead. 

Well, I learned a Fen was a low-lying marshy area!  
    Very clever! 

edited June 2019

@LaPetiteVerita

I took drama as an elective once.  That would be a tongue twister.  Breathe at the semicolons?  That's a lungful for one breath!  Anyway, one more vote that you should give it a try.  No group pressure or anything... devil

Pull 2:

This one seemed hard.  I didn’t want to make fun of people with a speech impediments, but maybe cold water would make someone stutter?

Anyway here is...

A Mammering, Plume-Plucked Mammet

Used:
    Milo 8
    200 Facial Morphs for G8M
    Easy Teeth for G8M
    Gothic Mohawk Hair G3M
    Rigged Water Iray2
    TerraDome 3
    Montana Outfit G3M (necklace)
    Looking Back Outfit G3F (earring)
    Summer Vacation Outfit G8 (tanktop)
    JG Simple Fabric (tie-die shader)
    dForce Swimshorts G8
    Demonstration Poses & Props for G3 (mesh for caution sign)
    Gone Fishing Part Two (From our sponsor!)
    Vintage TVs

Shakes2Final.png
    974 x 1537 - 2M
  • LaPartitaLaPartita Posts: 401

*facepalm* I should have seen that coming.

Okay, time to break out my copy of King Lear and find a library that has a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary. Challenge accepted!

edited June 2019

*facepalm* I should have seen that coming.

Okay, time to break out my copy of King Lear and find a library that has a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary. Challenge accepted!

Great!  Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.  

If remember correctly, “Fishtales” helped quite a few of us with your project, a lady holding up a glowing rubber duckie?  I’d have never thought of something like that.  Perfect for RRRR in my opinion!  laugh

Anyhoo...  Maybe three's a charm 

paunchy, hasty-witted, bum-bailey

1.) corpulent, or having a ‘beer belly’...

2.) rash, lacking sufficient care, consideration, or forethought...

3.) (derogatory) an unpopular profession: a bailiff empowered to serve writs, collect debts, etc.   

So...

“Fat foolish constable”  ???

Trivia: in Texas, anyone can run for county or district constable.  You don’t have to be a policeman or even have training in law enforcement.    Elected constables serve warrants for too many parking tickets & things.  Understandably, they avoid ‘real’ criminals and call the police.  : 0 !

edited June 2019

Sorry, but I have to do this to get it out of my head... it's causing a creative block !

Tag:3dcheapskate #1

Thou Fobbing Base-Court Miscreant ! Thou Cannot Be Serious - The Ball Was IN !

Fobbing: I think the term can be said to encompass "passing off bad decisions as good decisions" ?
    Base-court: I'm making it an abbreviation of "baseline of the tennis court"... whence the "chalk flew up" of course
    Miscreant: False believer - prefix 'mis-' meaning wrongly, and 'creant' (ultimately from the Latin 'credere', to believe) For as we all know* - "the ball was IN !"

This insult would, as we all know*, be just the start.  LaPetiteVerita's favourite "Thou art a base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy worsted-stocking knave; a lily-liver’d, action-taking, whoreson, glass-gazing, superserviceable, finical rogue; one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a bawd in way of good service, and art nothing but the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pandar, and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch." would probably come next, followed by every permutation that Totte's Shakespearian Insult generator can come up with.

Next insult, #2: "Thou infectious flap-mouthed lout!"

Bring on the zombie plague perhaps ?

After some (fairly minimal) research:
    Infectious: not just a disease-bearer, but could also mean simply a bad influence.
    Flap-mouthed: I thought this would be somebody who talked a lot (or a zombie with a flip-top head - Braindead anybody?). But apparently it's more literal than that - somebody with a wide mouth and floppy lips !

Lout: a dullard, bumpkin, idiot. But could also mean a clown.

*For those of us who don't - John McEnroe's famous 1981 "You cannot be serious".

Render 1.jpg
    821 x 821 - 94K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Thanks, Tynkere and 3dcheapskate. I feel inspired now to do another one. I love the mammering mammet. And the tennis player was perfect! 

I am also looking forward to LaPetiteVerita's render. laugh

edited July 2019

tag:luci45 #4
    Thou tottering dismal-dreaming clotpole!

used:
    Owen 8 texture
    Ollie 8
    Various morphs
    Beer Drinking Props
    Deco 12th Floor table and chair
    i13 Heated Debate Poses and Expressions
    Josie 7 texture
    Daughters Of Eve (Faces) for G3F
    Corina for Genesis 8 Female
    Nerdy Girl Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s)
    Nerdy Girl Outfit Textures
    Nerdy Guy Outfit Textures
    Nerdy Guy Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    Night Lounge
    Civilized Man
    Cool Casual
    Agent Hair
    Avelyne Hair 
    Soleil Hair
    Whiskey and Smoke Tutorial Plus Props
    Smoking Props
    Surgical Beauty

clotpole.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 638K
    Post edited by luci45 on
    edited July 2019

Been busy I see.

@3DCheapskate

Fun play on words!

The line judge is taking bribes.  That would be a real... Tennis Racket?  Sorry.  Like puns, just not very good at them!  ; )

@Luci45

LoL.  He has a little liquid courage doesn’t he?  

She’s flattered and agrees to a date with him.  (Provided he does her math & science homework.)

His girlfriend gets back at them by posting video from a camera she has hidden in her glasses.  

Revenge of the nerds!  : 0 !

For mine... Well I just couldn’t resist putting the jack rabbits in there. 

Used:
    Novak for G8
    Z First Class Male Poses & Expressions
    MRL Flat Top Hair
    Steel Frame Specs
    Cowboy Outfit for G3M (trooper’s hat)
    MMX92 9mm Pistol
    Floyd 8
    Vintage Male Hair for G3 & G8
    Law Enforcement Outfits for G3M
    Law Enforcement Outfits Textures
    Sunglasses Collection for Any Figure
    36 AM Sedan
    Cabs-n-Cops Texture Pack for 36 AM Sedan
    Metro Police Car
    Noggins Rabbit and Hare
    Roads & Rails
    Muelsfell Modular Red Rock Canyon

Shakespear3-Lights-off.png
    1301 x 1053 - 2M
    edited July 2019

whoops - inadvertantly hit 'Save' before I'd finished started!
    I'll repost when my critical appraisals of all the entries are complete ! wink

edited July 2019

Tag:3dcheapskate #2

Thou Infectious Flap-Mouthed Lout

K-9 (to the scutter): "Well 4457, I do believe that's the last we'll see of that annoying cat."
    K-9 (to the trashbot): "Now begone thou infectious flap-mouthed L.O.U.T., and durst not thou tarry hereabouts and such !"

Lout.jpg
    821 x 821 - 114K
    edited July 2019

tag:luci45 #5

Thou warped motley-minded giglet!

Clara Clown-Muse inspired this (sadly unfinished and unpublished) sonnet:

Thou warped motley-minded giglet be,
    Who findest me un-mused in grim despair.
    As thither flew true beauty's company,
    Now hither flies thy gaudy vixen hair.
    Wretched surrogate obscene disrupter,
    whence wretched hour or misbegotten clime
    Com'st thou, ill-bred grievious vixen lewdster
    To vex my soul with beslubbering ryhme?

used:
    Charli Hair for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 Female(s)
    VYK Carnival Dolls for Genesis 8 Female
    Hair Set for Genesis 8 Male(s)
    Ajax Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    Edward, Ollie and Floyd
    Contemporary Romeo Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s) shirt
    Village Bedroom bed
    Vaulted Hall framed picture
    Homestyle Iray Shaders wallpaper

motley minded giglet.jpg
    1350 x 1800 - 504K
    Post edited by luci45 on

Tynkere - I love it! Really suits the insult. never use a Shakespeare insult on a state trooper. The punster rabbits are great, the frosting on the cake. laugh
    3dcheapskate - Poor kitty! Love the LOUT. So clever. And no organic figures visible. surprise

#6: Thou froward half-faced miscreant!

edited July 2019

Tag: Saphirewild #1

"Thou craven fat-kidneyed flax-wench!"

Candise and Frank never did get along but he always showed up everyday and asked for her by name to serve him his bowl of fruit. She was always poliet with him but he would be insultive and sometimes threw the fruit at her.

Flax Wench.png
    800 x 640 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
    edited July 2019

Pulled Insult #2 "Thou puking fool-born scut!"

The meaning according to Myway search "As a dog returns to his vomit"

Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited August 2019

Gopherus #1

Thou mangled motley-minded fustilarian

While Mistress Ford looks on, Mistress Page metes out a well deserved comeuppance to Falstaff.  His crime?  Sending identical love letters to Mistress Page and Mistress Ford and addressing them "Dear Sir or Madam as the case may be"  Maybe that is normal in London but not here in Windsor!

fallstaff01b.jpg
    1111 x 1389 - 1M
    Post edited by Gopherus on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

I almost got this done before disappearing for vacation.  Summer is so frenetic!

@Diomede #1  LOL!  Everywhere there are lots of piggies living piggy lives.... hope she did not bring any BLT sandwiches

@Luci#2  Ah!  tribbles... how can something so cute be so annoying... nice one!

#3 Flying pigs... what a great screen saver!

#4  Definitely a clotpole... what a clod!  poor x girlfriend.... good one!

#5  Shakespeare is rolling over in jealousy... he must wish his sonnets were as colourful.  well done!

Tynkere #1  Born and raised in the hedge row, brer Grump.  Nice one!

#2  Something cool for the summer... i feel cooler just looking at it.  good one!

#3  I bet the patrolman will want to look under the hood to see how that old antique is still able to run... well done!

@Sapphirewild #1  Candise had such patience.... I hope she included worms in her apples... extra protein... good one!

@3dcheapskate #1  i believe in one of the baseball films the manager used shakespeare to address the umpire... so why not bjorn borg?  nice one!

#2  so that is what droids are saying to each other... i always wondered if c3po was translating accurately... good one!

and a drumroll.....  #2  Thou dankish folly-fallen ratsbane!