Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited April 2019

Well if you have issues or you need support or suggestions of any kind feel free to email me anytime (see my signature). 

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303

I also feel your Win10 anguish ZarconDeeGrissom. Your 2nd squirrel is looking a lot like Fat Freddy's Cat:

"Well, I'll be dipped in..." 

OMG!  I thought *I* was the only person left alive who knew about Fat Freddy's Cat!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260
    Gogger said:

I also feel your Win10 anguish ZarconDeeGrissom. Your 2nd squirrel is looking a lot like Fat Freddy's Cat:

OMG!  I thought *I* was the only person left alive who knew about Fat Freddy's Cat!

Fraid not

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153
    Gogger said:

Got's some 3D plannings for "Wings over Tijuana" too.  Stay tuned.

• lol, so sorry for the delay, I never knew of Freddy before now. I was merely mimicking a startled Scrat from Iceage. I don't want to keep using cropped out screen-caps as funny expressions on stuff.

case and point.

Also one of my favorite characters. 

Fortuitous note though on bones; I picked up the Constrictor product & wasn't quite sure how to deal with all of its bones.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited April 2019

if it's the SY one, it includes pose presets, and pose dials. I have screencaps in a post somewhere in years past on this forum.

More red squirrel fun.

lol.   I really am enjoying the furry fella.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746

I was playing around with DAZ's new strand based hair and was wondering if there a way to export the density maps from LAMH?

• VortigensBaneVortigensBane Posts: 383

I was playing around with DAZ's new strand based hair and was wondering if there a way to export the density maps from LAMH?

The maps are stored, at least temporarily, in one of the folders where the exported geometry goes, or perhaps in one of the other temp folders.  I know I have done it, but I just can't remember how. 

Sounds like I might need to download a Beta version, as well, and find out what this new feature is...

• bloodboybloodboy Posts: 68

About Crashing LMAH .. I tried a lot now .. and it seems LMAH don´t like any other objects inside DAZ only the one you work with also it should not be stored inside a Group or something .. The First Time I worked 2 Hours without a Crash and Exportet to Fiber Hair .. For better Grooming I imported the Fiber Mesh into ZBRUSH and made a Morph could be a cool resolution but I wonder to use the Strains inside DAZ don´t know how that works but this is a solution for me I can work with a bit .. Maybe someone helps

edited May 2019

The maps are stored, at least temporarily, in one of the folders where the exported geometry goes, or perhaps in one of the other temp folders.  I know I have done it, but I just can't remember how. 

Sounds like I might need to download a Beta version, as well, and find out what this new feature is...

Thanks for the tip.  I couldn't seem to find it in the temp folder with the geometry.  I'll have to keep looking.

I love the new strand based hair option (even though we won't be able to create dynamic strand based hair ourselves), but AM's LAMH animals are so magnificent that nothing I have tried to create with it compares to their quality and craftsmanship.  I was hoping that by using existing density maps I could figure out how AM gets such great results. ;)

bloodboy said:

About Crashing LMAH .. I tried a lot now .. and it seems LMAH don´t like any other objects inside DAZ only the one you work with also it should not be stored inside a Group or something .. The First Time I worked 2 Hours without a Crash and Exportet to Fiber Hair .. For better Grooming I imported the Fiber Mesh into ZBRUSH and made a Morph could be a cool resolution but I wonder to use the Strains inside DAZ don´t know how that works but this is a solution for me I can work with a bit .. Maybe someone helps

Yeah, LAMH can be pretty finicky.  Grouping it crashes my machine every time. 

I really didn't start doing a lot of animals until the release of "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer". It works so much smoother because you just have to hit Catalyzer's render button to render as many LAMH animals as you want in a scene without having to do the manual conversion. Unfortunately it only works with AM's animals, hopefully, it will eventually work with the OLD LAMH presets. But from what I hear that s a major problem converting them to work with it.

That said, the reason I do so many experiments with LAMH and IRAY since I am still looking for a smoother process. Here are some tips I have learned. 
    1) NEVER SAVE THE DAZ STUDIO FILE WITH THE CONVERTED OBJ (it takes forever and sometimes corrupts on me)
    2) Build your whole scene first, SAVE then right before you render convert the LAMH to and OBJ. After you render delete the OBJ
    3) Play around with lowering the hair quality, most of the time the preset number is way too high so it takes forever to convert to an OBJ. I like to keep things at a max 500000. If this isn't enough increase the root and tip thickness.
    4) I always change the material for the OBJ by applying "!Iray Uber Base", then set it to "PBR specular/glossiness" and set the "glossiness" to 0. This gets rid of the "fireflies" in the hair and makes everything render faster.

There are a few more items I have learned for my experiments but these are the things I do every time I use the old LAMH and IRAY.

The new strand based system looks amazing so far and the people on the official forum discussion are doing some amazing stuff with it  [ https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/326996/dforce-hair-as-well-as-strand-based-hair-and-the-strand-based-hair-editor-in-public-beta ].  Plus they are really friendly about sharing their tips and tricks

Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

I have a question about something that may have been discussed somewhere before, but I can't read through 70+ pages to find out. I want to use the fox in a scene that is windy. How do I manipulate the preset LAMH hair to show the wind blowing in a specific direction?

Ummm ... In the past, I had no problem with LAMH animals. But I had to reinstall Daz and I'm fighting with missing plugins, so reinstalled LAMH (and DCC). But now, although I see and opened the LAMH panel and I'm trying to load the red fox, but I don't see the usually highlighted hair/fur. Any ideas as to why?

edited June 2019

Ummm ... In the past, I had no problem with LAMH animals. But I had to reinstall Daz and I'm fighting with missing plugins, so reinstalled LAMH (and DCC). But now, although I see and opened the LAMH panel and I'm trying to load the red fox, but I don't see the usually highlighted hair/fur. Any ideas as to why?

There's the Red Fox itself, a Catalyzer version and the LAMH version.  Maybe just use the search function on LAMH, that's what I generally do.  Not sure about applying wind effects other than combing with the LAMH editor.

Post edited by Doc Acme on

OK ... I finally got my fox to load properly. I had to do a PC search for all Daz-related plugins folders and make sure the LAMH player wasn't in the folders alongside the full LAMH product. One I deleted all occurrences of the free player the fox loaded as expected.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

OK ... I finally got my fox to load properly. I had to do a PC search for all Daz-related plugins folders and make sure the LAMH player wasn't in the folders alongside the full LAMH product. One I deleted all occurrences of the free player the fox loaded as expected.

I'm really happy to hear you got this figured out. Now I'm looking forward to see said fox in a post, or in the galleries!
    yes

L'Adair said:

I'm really happy to hear you got this figured out. Now I'm looking forward to see said fox in a post, or in the galleries!
    yes

Thanks. Now I just need to find out why I can't get my dynamic clothing control tool to show up under panels.

• le-pupele-pupe Posts: 8

i bought a whole bunch of AM animals and products including LAMH-stuff. The documentation underwhelming to non-existant and I have contacted support - but they seem not to care and do not reply.
    Has anybody succesfully got support from them?
    is it possible to "return" the products, because one can not use them at all or get support, and get a refund? 

thanks

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    le-pupe said:

i bought a whole bunch of AM animals and products including LAMH-stuff. The documentation underwhelming to non-existant and I have contacted support - but they seem not to care and do not reply.
    Has anybody succesfully got support from them?
    is it possible to "return" the products, because one can not use them at all or get support, and get a refund? 

thanks

For a refund, click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page.

On the next page, click on "Submit a Help Ticket"

• le-pupele-pupe Posts: 8

@Mattymanx thank you

edited June 2019

Something weird has been happening and I'm hoping the next update will fix it.

I load the LAMH critter into my scene, in this case, the fox, and it looks great for a few saves (luckily I save a lot numbering the scenes is succession so if something goes wrong I can always go back to an older scene), and suddenly, for no apparent reason, Daz 4.10 will crash. I'll go to open the latest version of the scene again, and Daz repeatedly crashes before opening the scene.

I figured out, much by accident, that I can open the latest scene in 4.7, where all loads but the animal's hair, I save over the file from 4.7, reopen in 4.10 and it opens, but still no fur showing. It's listed in the scene tab, but not visible. So every few scenes or so, I have to reload a new fox with hair and reposition. Anybody know why and if this is going to be remedied with the update?

Also ... The hair doesn't always move with the figure as it should. Is that happening to other people?

Post edited by WillowRaven on

If the fur disappears, is there a way to load the fur on the already loaded figure without having to try to repeat the pose?

If the fur disappears, is there a way to load the fur on the already loaded figure without having to try to repeat the pose?

You can click the "Attach LAMH Preset" button to load the hair

Every time I hit 'attach LAMH preset', daz crashes again.

Still happening ... Every time I try to 'add LAMH preset', Daz 4.10 crashes.

edited June 2019

Now, even if I load a new fox, if I try to move him into position, the hair won't follow. So I can't pose a new fox and can't load hair to the existing fox.

Post edited by WillowRaven on

It's sounding as if you might have missed some of the Care & Feeding notes working with LAMH.

You shouldn't need to add the Preset.  Are you finding this in your Content Library (Not the "Smart" Panel)?:

This is how the figure should come in.  The green fur in this case are the RMan bodies that will end up making the fur & they will react to the posing.  Once you've Posed your figure, you then might do minor grooming but once you've generated the fur that will render, there are TWO things to keep in mind: 

The generated Fur is no longer posable.  You also will need to parent it to the main figure.

The RMan items should actually be removed from the scene & not just hidden.

So, just have an intermediate scene that you're posing with, but do the housekeeping prior to full render and definitely prior to any exports.\

AM_RedFox_Default Load.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 382K

Yes, the fox loads with the fur, and I can pose it, but every so often it crashes Daz. Then upon reopening, it loads with no fur and I have to go through the whole loading and posing process all over again with a new figure, because if I try to copy/paste the pose, daz crashes. And sometimes when I go to reposition the newly loaded figure, the fox moves without the fur. And though I don't need to load a preset with this particular model, I will have to with others, and the moment I hit the button it also crashes daz. I've worked with LAMH animals before and have never had so many problems.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575
    edited June 2019

So what does the release of strand based hair & dForce hair mean for LAMH and Catalyzer?

Is simulation coming to LAMH?

Is Catalyzer going to be available for use on our own furry creations made with the paid LAMH plugin?

Like many others, I've invested quite a bit in the plugin and all of the fantasic creations made by Alessandro. I still love what I can render with LAMH - just rendered this in 4.11 while playing around with @Strangefate and @Roguey's new set:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4601571/#Comment_4601571

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on

Awesome render, algovincian

I for one am slow to adopt new changes until many others have worked out the kinks, so for me, I certainly hope Alessandro Mastronardi continues making LAMH critters and products. I'd be over the mon if the technology could somehow create feathers, too. I've never managed to figure out how to create my own hair presets, but I definitely focus my animal purchases on products with LAMH presets and suspect I will for some time.