Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• Nyghtfall3DNyghtfall3D Posts: 759
    edited May 2019

DAZ, if I pay for better forum software, will you use it?  I already have one in mind and have been using it for three years now:  xenForo

RAMWolff said:

Renderosity is on something similar and I'm NEVER EVER logged out regardless of what I'm doing on their site.  Same with Hivewire 3D forums.. 

DAZ, if you want to see solid, state-of-the-art forum software in action, visit Hivewire.  They also use xenForo.

RAMWolff said:

I use Opera as my default.  Firefox on occasion and Edge even less... all three are logged out on a regular basis.

I live in the US and use Chrome with Google Fiber on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.  This is the only board I regularly visit that frequently logs me out and it's been happening since the day they installed it.  My frustration has reached a point where I will gladly buy DAZ a xenForo license if they will agree to switch.

Post edited by Nyghtfall3D on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

What ever it takes Nyghtfall!  LOL 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    Nyghtfall said:

DAZ, if I pay for better forum software, will you use it?  I already have one in mind and have been using it for three years now:  xenForo

RAMWolff said:

Renderosity is on something similar and I'm NEVER EVER logged out regardless of what I'm doing on their site.  Same with Hivewire 3D forums.. 

DAZ, if you want to see solid, state-of-the-art forum software in action, visit Hivewire.  They also use xenForo.

RAMWolff said:

I use Opera as my default.  Firefox on occasion and Edge even less... all three are logged out on a regular basis.

I live in the US and use Chrome with Google Fiber on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.  This is the only board I regularly visit that frequently logs me out and it's been happening since the day they installed it.  My frustration has reached a point where I will gladly buy DAZ a xenForo license if they will agree to switch.

I like Hivewire but there are things I dislike about the set up there. I dislike the need for separate logging in for forum and shop and there is no way to filter or search your purchases. Personally I would rather have the site log me out once a week and have it secure than the alternative. Both Rendo and Hivewire have unfortunately been hacked in the past as far as I am aware Daz has not.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited May 2019
    scorpio said:

...Personally I would rather have the site log me out once a week and have it secure than the alternative...

How about this alternative:

• Have the site not log me out once a week every day or two and have it secure. Best of both worlds !

Or is that impossible with modern technology ? wink

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
    scorpio said:

I like Hivewire but there are things I dislike about the set up there. I dislike the need for separate logging in for forum and shop and there is no way to filter or search your purchases.

I can't respond to that point because I don't sell anything through my board. 

scorpio said:

Both Rendo and Hivewire have unfortunately been hacked in the past as far as I am aware...

That's unfortunate. I haven't. 

edited May 2019

DAZ, I just upgraded to Windows 10 v1903 and am now using Edge as my default browser, having switched from Chrome.  Much to my dispeasure, I had to re-install Chrome so I could post this message.

The screenshot below is what your forum looks like on Edge.  Please do something.

daz.png
    2537 x 1108 - 31K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Nyghtfall said:

DAZ, I just upgraded to Windows 10 v1903 and am now using Edge as my default browser, having switched from Chrome.  Much to my dispeasure, I had to re-install Chrome so I could post this message.

The screenshot below is what your forum looks like on Edge.  Please do something.

I don't think it's Edge, I'm using that right now!

Dana

DanaTA said:

Hmmm... thank you... I wonder what I've done then...

Nyghtfall said:
    DanaTA said:

Hmmm... thank you... I wonder what I've done then...

I wasn't saying it was you...just could be something else in the path.  could even be something with your connection.

Dana

It was my understanding that the version of Edge that's shipping with 1903 uses Chromium, which is one of the two principle reasons why I upgraded - the other being that I wanted to start using the gorgeous new Windows Light theme ASAP.  I've since learned that I was mistaken and the issue I wrote about isn't an isolated one.  Edge is still using its original engine and the Chromium version is still in beta.

In light of this, I've returned to Chrome for the time being.

Nyghtfall said:

It was my understanding that the version of Edge that's shipping with 1903 uses Chromium, which is one of the two principle reasons why I upgraded - the other being that I wanted to start using the gorgeous new Windows Light theme ASAP.  I've since learned that I was mistaken and the issue I wrote about isn't an isolated one.  Edge is still using its original engine and the Chromium version is still in beta.

In light of this, I've returned to Chrome for the time being.

Still, I've been using Edge for quite a while, and I haven't had those problems you're having with the forum.  The "Signing you out..." thing, yes, but it seems many people experience that, on all different browsers.

Dana

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited May 2019

I have a suggestion I would like to ask of Daz.not sure if you can d it or not or if this has been mentioned before.

But anyway, can you guys place a option or make it so we have some kind of option so when we are view the threads in the forum to view newest post first saving us from having scroll through sea of pages like a option added to the forum settings to view oldest to newest post. like you have in the store   boy that sure would be a nice feature for the forum.

thanks

Post edited by Ivy on
    Ivy said:

I have a suggestion I would like to ask of Daz.not sure if you can d it or not or if this has been mentioned before.

But anyway, can you guys place a option or make it so we have some kind of option so when we are view the threads in the forum to view newest post first saving us from having scroll through sea of pages like a option added to the forum settings to view oldest to newest post. like you have in the store   boy that sure would be a nice feature for the forum.

thanks

I use the My Bookmarks page and bookmark threads I follow.  When there are new posts, I am always directed to the first unread post.  That isn't working for you?  It has always worked for me.

Dana

DanaTA said:
    Ivy said:

thanks

I use the My Bookmarks page and bookmark threads I follow.  When there are new posts, I am always directed to the first unread post.  That isn't working for you?  It has always worked for me.

Dana

I don't always sign into read follow up to my post,

Ivy said:
    DanaTA said:
    Ivy said:

thanks

Dana

I don't always sign into read follow up to my post,

Well, if you're not signed in but want to see the newest posts, go to the bottom of the page and click on the last page number on the right.  Then go to the bottom of that page and scroll up until you get to your last post.  If it's a busy thread, it may not even be on that page, though.

I have several tabs that open automatically when I start up the browser...the Bookmarks page in the forums is one of them.  I just keep it logged in, and refresh it now and then to see new posts.

Dana

Re that irritating Captcha that some of us get when we try to login.

1) We get that Captcha page with the "I'm not a robot" checkbox.
    2) We tick the box.
    3) A captcha appears.
    4) We complete the captcha.
    5) We're back to the login screen.

Except that maybe one time in three it completely misses steps (3) and (4).
    I.e. we tick "I'm not a robot"and the software thinks "I can't be bothered with the hassle of a captcha, okay I believe you - just go ahead and login"

Marvellous.

:rolleyes:

From this point forward, until something is fixed or I get tired of doing so, I'm going to post a message here every time I'm logged out, starting now.

• Nyghtfall said:

From this point forward, until something is fixed or I get tired of doing so, I'm going to post a message here every time I'm logged out, starting now.

Please don't - it will do nothing to expedite matters as the only people affected will be your fellow forum users.

:: heavy sigh ::

Very well.... Just... please... do something...

• eyet33theyet33th Posts: 112

now i'm getting logged out every day, i really hope DAZ didn't pay very much for this forum software

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited June 2019

Is anyone else seeing a longish (10-20 seconds, sometimes more) delay between clicking the "Quote" button and the quoted text appearing in the comment box? I used to get it very occasionally, maybe every month or three, way back when this forum software was new, but it's gradually becoming more frequent.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on

Is anyone else seeing a longish (10-20 seconds, sometimes more) delay between clicking the "Quote" button and the quoted text appearing in the comment box? I used to get it very occasionally, maybe every month or three, way back when this forum software was new, but it's gradually becoming more frequent.

Nope.

Dana

Yes, occasionally, since way back - I always assumed it was just yet another irritating "feature" of this forum/cloudflare stuff.
    Also when simply hitting "Reply". 
    Often I think "it didn't catch the mouse click"so I click again and wait. Repeat. And then a minute later I get 3 separate "Leave a comment" boxes. Maybe it's thinking about whether it should do an automaticac logoff instead ? laugh
    Just part of the DAZ website experience I guess? wink

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Often I think "it didn't catch the mouse click"so I click again and wait. Repeat. And then a minute later I get 3 separate "Leave a comment" boxes. Maybe it's thinking about whether it should do an automaticac logoff instead ?

That's odd — when it happens, what I get isn't three separate comment boxes, it's one comment box with three (or two, once or twice four) copies of the quote text.   <headdesk>

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    Often I think "it didn't catch the mouse click"so I click again and wait. Repeat. And then a minute later I get 3 separate "Leave a comment" boxes. Maybe it's thinking about whether it should do an automaticac logoff instead ?

That's odd — when it happens, what I get isn't three separate comment boxes, it's one comment box with three (or two, once or twice four) copies of the quote text.   <headdesk>

Happens to me too, sometimes. Mostly in Firefox.

edited June 2019

I get that too sometimes - I think it depends on the delay between repeated strikes of the "Quote" whether it appears in the same "Leave a comment" or a fresh one. Again, I've always just assumed that was a 'feature' designed to annoy us...

wink

Mustakettu - FF too mainly. For a while I tried to stay simultaneously logged in on Chrome, Opera,and FF but I was continually auto-kicked-out of all three.

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
    edited June 2019

Can someone from daz please check out why when I click the gallery at the top of the daz web page takes you to Google home page?

click here

go there

Capture.JPG
    1158 x 536 - 63K
    2.JPG
    1261 x 633 - 51K
    Post edited by Ivy on

working now thank you for reading my comment smiley

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    Nyghtfall said:

I've been having that problem with Edge for months, though I rarely use Edge, unless Chrome acts up, which is happening now: as of a couple of days ago I can no longer see the Commons thread when I go to the forum page. I have to rummage through other threads to find the Commons. Quite honestly, I've just about given up on using both the forum and the store, the software is so unreliable, and it's only the Daz site, no other site is giving me problems. (And no, it's not Daz-Deals or any other add on that's the cause, as I'd removed them one by one)

edited June 2019

EDIT: Message removed.