Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.11.0.383! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• edited June 2019

Hi,

i can’t save or cancel render if the ”new window” is maximazied...

anyone else?

BR // Daniel

It's fine for me. When you maximize the render window, what do you get?

Looks normal, but nothing happens when i press the buttons...

If i make the render window not maximazed the buttons work as normal.

Post edited by Da_green1977_aa156fc426 on
  • barbult said:

To anybody testing 4.11.0.382:

Speak up if you see something that seems wrong. Two things I identified just two days ago have already been fixed in the next upcoming version! You know, squeaky wheel, and all that. 

Edit: I know this because I read the Change Log!

What gets attention also depends on other factors, most notably how safe the change is - if it has a lot of knock-on effects, or is in a deep-seated part of the code, it's less likely to be altered (would require a more severe impact) than something self-contained. I think your bugs were of the latter type.

• L'Adair said:

I just want to say a big Thank You! for adding a way to preserve our custom menus.

When 366 was released, and Update and Merge Menus was required, I took the time to save a copy of the menu.dsx file and when my custom menus, (Scripts, Favorites, and one for dForce,) disappeared, either the entries or entirely, I was able to put them back in using a text editor.

I was in the middle of a project when 380 was released, so I intended to finish the project before updating. However, 382 was released, so when I finished the project, I installed 382, skipping 380. Because of this, I don't know if the change was in 380 or 382, but either way, I noticed. And I wanted the developers to know I noticed, and know how very much I appreciate the fix.

Thank you, a hundred times over.

I can't say I've noticed any issues in this regard, though my custom actions are not left in the Scripts menu. In any event there haven't been any changes here for some time (pre 4.10.0.123 - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_10_0_123#4_10_0_100 ) so any chnage is probably down to external factors.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

Hi,

anyone else?

BR // Daniel

Which Layout/Style are you using?

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 240
    Praxis said:

v4.11.0.382 seems to have a problem with Instancing:

I have a scene with 30 Instances of a tree prop that has 185,274 vertices and 152,688 facets. (that's not very many - the sfpLargetree01 prop in Stonemason's Through the Woods has 420,383 vertices and 291,322 facets).

In v4.10.0.123 64-bit:
    Orbiting the camera in the View Pane has instant response in both "Texture Shaded" and "NVIDIA Iray" Draw Modes, with the Lo-Res (pixelated) Iray display taking about 1 second to settle down to Hi-Res display.

In v4.11.0.382 64-bit:
    Orbiting the camera in the View Pane has no effect for about 1 second in both "Texture Shaded" and "NVIDIA Iray" Draw Modes, with the Lo-Res (pixelated) Iray display taking about 1 second to settle down to Hi-Res display.

If I replace the Instanced "Tree" prop with a simple cylinder having only 50 vertices and 72 facets, then v4.11.0.382 Beta performs the same as v4.10.0.123

As far as I can tell, all DAZ Studio settings are identical in both versions (e.g. Iray Instancing Optimization is set to "Speed" in both versions.  But anyway that should be irrelevant for the simple OpenGL "Texture Shaded" Draw Mode).

System specs:
      CPU: 6-Core i7-4930K
      RAM: 64GB
      GPU: RTX2070 (8GB) and GTX780 (3GB), drivers v425.31
      O/S: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

It seems as as if v4.11.0.382 is trying to draw 30 Copies of the tree instead of 30 Instances.

I've attached a .duf file of the trees in the scene, that reproduces the problem:
      With the "Eucalyptus Tree" Node within the "Template Tree" node set to be Visible, the problem occurs in v4.11.0.382 but not in v4.10.0.123
      With the "Eucalyptus Tree" Node within the "Template Tree" node set to be Invisible, and the "Template Tree" node set to be Visible, the problem does not occur in v4.11.0.382

Am I missing something, or is anyone else also having this problem?

TIA,
    P.

Update 08-Jun-2019: [SOLVED] Edit > Preferences > Interface > Display Optimization: Best fixes the problem.

(It was set to None, which apparently is the default?  Anyone else having a similar problem should check this setting).

• With the absence of any Nvidia drivers for Mac OS X Mojave (10.14.5), is it safe to assume that the "Nvidia Hightlights" thread is basically just for Windows users? 

And the next version of MacOS is out later this year and will mark over 1 year since I've been unable to use the GPU in my Mac, thanks to issues between Nvidia and Apple. For this reason, please DAZ, keep 3Delight updated. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    L'Adair said:

I just want to say a big Thank You! for adding a way to preserve our custom menus.

When 366 was released, and Update and Merge Menus was required, I took the time to save a copy of the menu.dsx file and when my custom menus, (Scripts, Favorites, and one for dForce,) disappeared, either the entries or entirely, I was able to put them back in using a text editor.

I was in the middle of a project when 380 was released, so I intended to finish the project before updating. However, 382 was released, so when I finished the project, I installed 382, skipping 380. Because of this, I don't know if the change was in 380 or 382, but either way, I noticed. And I wanted the developers to know I noticed, and know how very much I appreciate the fix.

I can't say I've noticed any issues in this regard, though my custom actions are not left in the Scripts menu. In any event there haven't been any changes here for some time (pre 4.10.0.123 - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_10_0_123#4_10_0_100 ) so any chnage is probably down to external factors.

Everytime I've run Update and Merge Menus in the past, I've lost those custom actions from the Menu bar. That includes .366, though having had the issue before, I had a copy of the dsx file with the code I needed to paste into the newly created menu.dsx file. With 382, (remember, I didn't install 380,) installing Daz Studio removed that code from the menu.dsx file, but I didn't lose my customized menus. I don't know the how, why, (what, where and when,) but I know it was different with this install, and I appreciate it to no end.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited June 2019

Strand-Based Hair Editor problem: In the Style tab, when I have Show Style Curves and Show Hairs checked and then Reset Curves, the Style Curves reset to the straight shape, but the displayed hairs do not get reset. I have to toggle Show Hairs off and back on to get the display of the hairs to update.

Screenshot 2019-06-07 18.34.43.png
    1253 x 1128 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

Everytime I've run Update and Merge Menus in the past, I've lost those custom actions from the Menu bar. That includes .366, though having had the issue before, I had a copy of the dsx file with the code I needed to paste into the newly created menu.dsx file. With 382, (remember, I didn't install 380,) installing Daz Studio removed that code from the menu.dsx file, but I didn't lose my customized menus. I don't know the how, why, (what, where and when,) but I know it was different with this install, and I appreciate it to no end.

That's very strange - it shouldn't have happened, and hasn't happened to me for some time.

• Hi,

anyone else?

BR // Daniel

Which Layout/Style are you using?

It’s a new conputer just for renders, so i haven’t change anything.

I make my scene on a laptop and transfer/render on this new one.

It use a rtx 2080ti so i never had the 4.10 ver installed. Just this beta and the one before.

Layout as standard, haven’t change any settings at all except some rendersetings.

BR //Daniel

• a0000100sa0000100s Posts: 13
    edited April 2021

DEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by a0000100s on
    edited June 2019

Strand-Based Hair Editor problem: When I did Ctrl Z to undo the dragging of a style curve by its tip, the style curve went back to the previous location (correct), but the yellow square with red, green, blue arrows did not go back to the previous tip location (bug). It is no longer connected to the style curve tip.

Screenshot 2019-06-08 20.54.26.png
    1253 x 1128 - 814K
  • paulbungardpaulbungard Posts: 52
    edited June 2019

Seems my GPU's do not like working together in Iray my 1080ti and 2080ti.  They both crash back to CPU only if I have them setup normally. I've found the only way to get them to work correctly is to dial there power down to 50% I know it's not a PSU problem as I have tried 2 different power supply's the newest one being 1200 watts. Seems perplexing                           

IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti): misaligned address (while launching CUDA renderer) 

Post edited by paulbungard on
    edited June 2019
    a0000100s said:

After update my Daz3d 4.11 public build, my rtx 2070 not been using again OMG

4.11.0.382 with 430.86 Studio Driver

@a0000100s, Try installing an older driver, like 419.67 Creator Ready Driver. Here's a link to the Win10 64-bit download page.

Seems my GPU's do not like working together in Iray my 1080ti and 2080ti.  They both crash back to CPU only if I have them setup normally. I've found the only way to get them to work correctly is to dial there power down to 50% I know it's not a PSU problem as I have tried 2 different power supply's the newest one being 1200 watts. Seems perplexing     

@paulbungard, I'm wondering what driver you're using? And have you tried using another driver?

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • alisa53alisa53 Posts: 157
    edited June 2019

Woke up this morning to find the 4.11 beta looking different, with many tools missing (although you can find some of them them if you hover), no clear way to select a character in the screen, and no way to do most of my work.  I'm new to beta - does this happen a lot?  Will it clear up quickly?  Do I need to do something:?  Also, of course, you can't change the layout - tried that. I restarted the computer, but this is still what I have (attached).  I've also installed all updates in a timely way.

Screenshot (2).png
    3840 x 2160 - 650K
    Post edited by alisa53 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

There is a Beta thread in the Daz Studio discussion forum. that is being monitored.   Would you like me to move your post over into that thread?

Chohole said:

There is a Beta thread in the Daz Studio discussion forum. that is being monitored.   Would you like me to move your post over into that thread?

Yes please!  Sorry if I posted incorrectly....

• That usually indicates that a new version was installed while the old was still running. Make sure DS is really closed, then try uninstalling and reinstalling.

That usually indicates that a new version was installed while the old was still running. Make sure DS is really closed, then try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Thanks - that was exactly the case.  Working fine now.

• emotionaldreams2emotionaldreams2 Posts: 141
    edited June 2019

install manger does not give latest studio. it always says 4.10 not latest

Post edited by emotionaldreams2 on
    edited June 2019

I created a scalp ojbect and saved it as an asset in Daz Studio 4.11.0.382. The scalp is fit to and parented to G8F. Then I created strand hair on that scalp. The strand objects are fit to the scalp. When I save the scene and reload it, the hair strands are not in the same place they were when I saved the file. I don't understand why the strands don't appear in the same place when I reopen my saved scene. Even the scalp jumps to the wrong location when I reopen the saved scene file. 

I just discovered that if I toggle the visibility of the scalp off and back on, the scalp and hair strands jump back onto the the head of G8F, but I'm not sure the strands are properly fit to the scalp in the same way they were before when I saved the scene. What is going on?

Edit: see further analysis below.

Edit: I submitted Request #300501 about this problem.

edited June 2019

install manger does not give latest studio. it always says 4.10 not latest

4.10 is the latest released version. If you want to use the beta, you'll have to purchase it, just like any other free content. Once it's in your Product Library, the beta will be available in DIM, but you have to enable DIM to show you the files:

1. Open DIM and log on.
    2. Click on the Download Filters button on the Ready to Download tab. (Alternately, you can also click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of DIM.)
    3. With the Downloads tab selected, scroll down to the bottom of the Show list and click in the checkbox for Public Build.
    4. Once the checkmark shows up in the box for Public Build, click on the green Accept button.

The Public Build files should now show up on the Ready to Download tab.

Post edited by L'Adair on
    barbult said:

I created a scalp ojbect and saved it as an asset in Daz Studio 4.11.0.382. The scalp is fit to and parented to G8F. Then I created strand hair on that scalp. The strand objects are fit to the scalp. When I save the scene and reload it, the hair strands are not in the same place they were when I saved the file. I don't understand why the strands don't appear in the same place when I reopen my saved scene. Even the scalp jumps to the wrong location when I reopen the saved scene file. 

I just discovered that if I toggle the visibility of the scalp off and back on, the scalp and hair strands jump back onto the the head of G8F, but I'm not sure the strands are properly fit to the scalp in the same way they were before when I saved the scene. What is going on?

Could you please either attach the scalp or PM me a download link for the scalp so that I could try it. Thanks.

edited June 2019
    barbult said:

Could you please either attach the scalp or PM me a download link for the scalp so that I could try it. Thanks.

I've spent several more hours debugging this isue of the hair scalp and Strand-Based Hair jumping off a character when a saved scene is reloaded.

1. The problem is not specific to the scalp (hair cap) object that I created. I can reproduce the problem with commercial hair products in the Daz Store that contain a scalp item.
    2. The problem is visible on morphed characters. I can see the problem all four morphs I tried. I can see it on Edie 8, Caryn, and Mrs Chow, but it is extremely apparent on Pix Tilwig for Edie 8. I cannot see a problem when G8F is not morphed at all.
    3. The problem seems to be related to smoothing collision on the scalp (hair cap) when there is Strand-Based Hair on the scalp. I had the scalp fit to and colliding with the character. If I turn off smoothing on the scalp, or leave smoothing on but set collision to 0, the problem seems to go away. If there is no Strand-Based Hair on the scalp, the scalp does not jump to the wrong location, either.

So, in summary, the problematic combination seems to be Strand-Based Hair on a scalp object which is fit to a morphed character, and the scalp object uses smoothing and collision with the character. The problem shows up when the saved scene is reloaded.

In the attached images, I reproduced the problem using the scalp from Faux Hawk hair from the Daz store. By default, Faux Hawk Hair loads with smoothing On but Collision 0. I set collision to 3, to match what the Transfer Utility set collision to when I had it add smoothing to the scalp I created. The character shape in these images is Pix Tilwig for Edie 8 from the Daz store. 

Pix Tilwig FauxHawk Cap Collision 3 Strand Hair.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 216K
    Pix Tilwig FauxHawk Cap Collision 3 Strand Hair Scene Reloaded.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 249K

I've just tried the following:

1. Loaded Tilwig and Faux Hawk hair
    2. Deleted the actual hair so just the cap remains parented to the figure
    3. Created strand based hair fitted to the hair cap

There doesn't seem to be an issue whether I set the cap collision to anything other then zero

There doesn't seem to be an issue whether I set the cap collision to anything other then zero

Thanks for trying it. Did you save the scene and then reopen it? That is when the issue shows up for me. There is no problem until a saved scene is reopened.

My Tilwig was posed in a sitting pose. I don't know if that is significant.

barbult said:

Thanks for trying it. Did you save the scene and then reopen it? That is when the issue shows up for me. There is no problem until a saved scene is reopened.

Ah, yes. I re-created it, changed the collision and saved. The scalp jumped when re-opening the saved scene. Changing the collision back to 0 fixed it, and it stays in place when changing to e.g. 3. So yes, the issue is true when saving and reloading.

edited June 2019
    barbult said:

Ah, yes. I re-created it, changed the collision and saved. The scalp jumped when re-opening the saved scene. Changing the collision back to 0 fixed it, and it stays in place when changing to e.g. 3. So yes, the issue is true when saving and reloading.

Thank you for confirming the problem. I went back to my other post and put the part about saving and reloading the scene in red and bold, because it is critical information, but was easily overlooked in the wall of text.

Edit: I submitted Request #300501 about this problem.

edited June 2019

Strand-Based Hair Editor inconsistencies with style curve selection in the Style tab:

First, what does it mean when none of the style curves are highlighted green? It would seem to mean that none of them are selected for modification with the tools. However, when the Strand-Based Hair Editor is first opened, all of the style curves are blue (not selected?) and yet all the tools in the second and third rows apply to ALL style curves. Even Reset Curves applies to All style curves in this blue state. I would not expect any tools to work on curves that are blue (not selected?) . This seems wrong, if green means selected and blue means not selected.

Next, use one of the first three tools in the first row to select some style curves. They selected ones turn green (selected?). The tools in the second and third rows, including Reset Curves, apply only to the green (selected?) curves. The blue style curves are unaffected.This seems like the correct differentiation between selected (green) and unselected (blue), and what I would expect to happen. 

Now finally, use the first tool in the first row to click outside the style curve area to unselect the previously selected style curves. All curves turn blue again (unselected?). Now it is ALMOST back to the initial confusing state of all blue (unselected?) curves being affected by the tools. All of the tools in the second and third rows affect all stye curves again. EXCEPT now Reset Curves does not affect any curves.

I think green and blue should consistently indicate whether or not a style curve is selected to be affected by the tools. And the tools (including Reset Curves) should consistently operate only on curves that are properly displayed as being selected. This is not currently the case. It is confusing as it is now.

edited June 2019

Here is a display anomaly with the Select Curve Points tool in the Strand-Based Hair Editor. After using the Select Curve Points tool and then using a different tool, returning to the Select Curve Points tool shows the manipulator in the wrong location. It is where the selected point was BEFORE the other tool moved the point.

1) Use the Select Curve Points tool (last one on the top row of Style tab tools) to select one point on one style curve.

2) Drag the manipulator to move the style curve by the selected curve point.

3) Use the Comb tool to comb the strands near (and including) the selected curve point.

4) Switch back to the Select Curve Points tool. Observe that the manipulator is not collocated with the point it is associated with. The  manipulator is in the old location (before combing), even though the moved curve point is still highlighted yellow as selected for manipulation. Dragging the manipulator makes it suddenly jump to the location of the selected point. 

Screenshot 2019-06-10 18.47.42 Select Curve Point.png
    1239 x 1140 - 609K
    Screenshot 2019-06-10 18.47.50 Drag Curve Point.png
    1239 x 1140 - 610K
    Screenshot 2019-06-10 18.48.09 Comb Curves.png
    1239 x 1140 - 627K
    Screenshot 2019-06-10 18.48.57 Select Curve Point Tool Again.jpg
    1239 x 1140 - 831K