Pointless Prizeless Challenge #1138: Space Opera ! ( May The Fourth Be With You )

124»

Comments

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited May 2019

Entry 13* - SixDs #1:

...and...

appreciated !

Oooh ! That came from an unexpected direction ! So the opening crawl had been weaponized !

And it appears that the ship was struck by some sudden turbulence at the precise instant of appreciation... that what possibly the onical rangefinding torpedoes ?

*you may be wondering what happened to entry 12. Look back through the thread. I thinks it's got something to do with entry 5 too.

10 SixDs.jpg
    825 x 589 - 61K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

This is the post where the entries from James_JAB would have been appreciated, if it had been so requested. But since it wasn't...

Nice renders ! Many thanks for taking the risk and contributing to this thread ! laugh

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Back on the original timeline (you know, the X I AM here (MEme) one on the CGs chart) the CG has given up trying to understand, and has continued searching the modern gallery, found...

Entry 11 - Diomede_Carrara #1:

...and appreciated it !

laughyes

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654

laugh

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Actually, I think that whole thing is an onical. Everybody knows that its only the guys in the red shirts that get zapped.

edited June 2019
    SixDs said:

Actually, I think that whole thing is an onical. Everybody knows that its only the guys in the red shirts that get zapped.

laughyes

Minor shirt color trivia - in the episode The Man Trap, which I am told is the first Star Trek episode to actually air on TV (although not first filmed), the first member of the crew to die upon beaming down with Kirk was wearing a blue shirt.  The actor later went on to star in a daytime soap opera because you can't have a career in scifi if you don't even know to wear a red shirt as a doomed extra on Star Trek.

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited June 2019
    SixDs said:

Whoops, you're so right ! This clearly indicates that the CG is colourblind.

(And probably that he's not keen on Star Trek either - I doubt he's even read "One Shirt, Two Shirts, Red Shirts, Blue Shirts")

Edit: Just saw Diomede_Carrara's post above, which wasn't there when I posted this post*. Looks like it was both a blue shirt security-man and a yellow shirt security-man that got it in the Man Trap. So maybe the CG actually saw that episode ?

*due to the DAZ forum time dilation effect.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497

And Archeopterix' (the maker of the raygun I used) ShareCG gallery reminded me of this fun little thing - https://thrilling-tales.webomator.com/derange-o-lab/pulp-o-mizer/pulp-o-mizer.html

Somewhere on a webserver somewhere I have a script called Pulp-O-matic...

And I found it! Pulp-O-Matic

edited June 2019
    Totte said:

And Archeopterix' (the maker of the raygun I used) ShareCG gallery reminded me of this fun little thing - https://thrilling-tales.webomator.com/derange-o-lab/pulp-o-mizer/pulp-o-mizer.html

Somewhere on a webserver somewhere I have a script called Pulp-O-matic...

And I found it! Pulp-O-Matic

For some reason, after giving the Pulp-O-Matic a few tries, I'm imaging a character by the name of "Pulp" O'Shaughnessy, henchman extraordinaire...

But more importantly, have you perfected your Bardic-Curse-O-Matic yet ?

Edit: Ah, I see you have - RRRR - Shakespeare Insults render contest

edited June 2019

Entry 14 - Diomede_Carrara #2:

The CG appears tobe twiddling with the dials on his vapourizer again...

and he's pointing it at the picture, and squeezing the trigger, and...

...appreciated !

Errrr...what happened there ?

And what's that gurgling sound, like old rusty plumbing with too much air trapped inside it ?

And why's the CG doing the Pugno-Belligerian equivalent of a "Beam Me Up Scotty" ?

11 App1.jpg
    1333 x 1600 - 299K
    edited June 2019

Schlurp.png
    870 x 443 - 798K
    edited June 2019

Oh no, a black-hole-vortex setting on the vapourizer!  Not only is our space heroine victimized, but also Luey, Jetson's Maid, and Frederson's office building.  Will no one escape "appreciation"?  

Good one.  laugh

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited June 2019

Thanks ! But it appears to me that the CG has overlooked something regarding use of a transporter beam after that last vapourizer setting...

Edit (after Bill's post below, in order to explain the lack of further 'appreciations'): I've actually been having a major problem trying to do a render of both the CG and his lightly armed reconnaissance ship from Pugno-Belligeri VI (outfitted for extra-long-range super-long-term reconnaisance) being simultaneously schluuurrrppped into the black hole mid-beaming-up - it's never wise to try to teleport a black hole.
    But maybe that picture's best left to the imagination ?

I think the next render lined up for appreciation would have been Sven's two beasts in sector 404...

...but since the CG in that original paralleloverse is now more than likely a black-hole-schluurrppeee I don't really have a clue what happens next ?

However, there are at least three other paralleloverses where the CG is still aroundaccording to its own timespace diagram - albeit in various predicaments...

Parenting.jpg
    319 x 384 - 23K
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,579
    edited June 2019

Things have gotten a little too quiet around here. so...

Mzzkiti:  "Oh, no!  Not again you overgrown reject from the Henson Creature Shop!"

Criticizer-General:  "...whimper...!"

Sincerely,

Bill

Mzzkiti-w-Rancor-J-2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 98K
    Post edited by Redfern on
    edited June 2019
    Redfern said:

Things have gotten a little too quiet around here. so...

Mzzkiti:  "Oh, no!  Not again you overgrown reject from the Henson Creature Shop!"

Criticizer-General:  "...whimper...!"

Sincerely,

Bill

Nice one Bill, serves it right ! Love the eyes - to me they say "Oh Lordy, not me nadgers... again !"
    Still, that's what you get for impersonating a Criticizer General !

Errrr, Cheap - what do you mean "impersonating" ? ...

Edit: added an explanation for the fortnight of nothingness on this thread to my previous post.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,579

Weird thing, with some meshes, I try to enlarge the eyes and roughly half of the entire head distorts.  But, thankfully this Rancor model doesn't suffer that, so his "reaction" was easy to depict.  Even if it did have that effect, I would have simply aligned another set of eyes or even just appropriately textured sphere primitives.

BTW, I'm glad you took the gag in good humor.  Feel free to treat her like Wile E. Coyote.  She's pretty much pulling a "DeadPool" here.

Sincerely,

Bill