Pointless Prizeless Challenge #1138: Space Opera ! ( May The Fourth Be With You )

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

laughlaugh Enjoying this while zap zipping my morning coffee... thinking that sluggians probably aren't carbon-based and don't contain any water, which would make them immune to skeleton-zapping? Probably would survive a good microwave nuking too? Nice sledgehammer and motion blurheart...yes

laughyes

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659

LOL, the CG knows how to appreciate! Great entertainment.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

OMG!!!!! I almost spit my morning coffee out looking at all the vaperizing going on!!!

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

I'm beginning to think that your CG simply enjoys blasting the crap out of stuff, and this challenge gives it the targets and excuse to do so. Probably just me.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    SixDs said:

I'm beginning to think that your CG simply enjoys blasting the crap out of stuff, and this challenge gives it the targets and excuse to do so. Probably just me.

I do think your right @SixDs I think CG does so enjoy blasting the crap outta things period!!!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    SixDs said:

I do think your right @SixDs I think CG does so enjoy blasting the crap outta things period!!!

I know I would;)

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

OMG!!!!! I almost spit my morning coffee out looking at all the vaperizing going on!!!

yep, so many inventive settings on that vaporizer!

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited May 2019
    SixDs said:

Do you know something SixDs - I too do believe that you're right !

And you can blame Rodin "Ziggy" Macciavelli for that.
    (I think the blurb on the back of that book should probably end with not just "...art critics!", but "...art critics that really enjoy blasting the crap out of stuff!"

Odaa said:

yep, so many inventive settings on that vaporizer!

Have you seen Eddie Izzard's ideas about Star Trek phaser settings - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ueze6ffBAU8 ? laugh

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
    edited May 2019

Ah! The CG likes this osetting - he just has to keep his finger on the trigger and move the beam around a bit until the whole picture leaks out of the bottom !

I don't think the CG likes Star Trek either.

And here's the end result- Appreciated !

Clean-up crew, where are you ?

8-app.png
    800 x 593 - 591K
    8app2.png
    625 x 63 - 63K

Oooooh, goood setting!

The regular guys were out of town, here comes the B-team...

Ah! The CG likes this osetting - he just has to keep his finger on the trigger and move the beam around a bit until the whole picture leaks out of the bottom !

I don't think the CG likes Star Trek either.

LOL, well done!

edited May 2019

The CG will learn that he can't stop the Space Opera from coming.  Ugh, a typo.

porg circle type ladies ladys.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 597K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Awesome, Diomede_Carrara! Welcome, opera, while we stand! laugh

yesNice onesmiley

If I were the CG, I'd go for the depression beamcool

yesyeslaugh Diomede_Carrara !  The CG and... who's that by his side? ... appear to be in dire straits here ! But hark ! What is that sound I hear in the distance...

"Hojotoho! Hojotoho! Heiaha! Heiaha! Helmwige! Hier! Hieher mit dem Ross!..."

*a little clue...

edited May 2019

...a bigger clue: it's Gertie Dammerung, space valkyrie from Valhalla III !
    But I don't think she's planning on rescuing the CG. I heard that it criticized her singing !

gertie.jpg
    817 x 691 - 65K
    edited May 2019

Thanks for the comments, Luci, Sven, and 3dc.  Sven, the baby pic is perfect!  Meanwhile, I've got a lot of anxiety about the arrival of the singing fat lady.

The porg is free at sharecg.  You know, if anyone wants a little retribution.  Carrara format.  

https://sharecg.com/v/90134/gallery/5/3D-Model/Cute-Bird-Carrara-Rig

Post edited by Diomede on

Haha, brilliant!

edited May 2019

It appears that the CG is trying to get his brain wrapped around the idea of his multiple existence in four paralleloverses...

Of course, he didn't actually write in English, in crayon, on a piece of paper. He etched his thoughts onto the wall of the Modern Gallery (using various settings of his vapourizer), in Pugno-Bellegerian.

map.jpg
    500 x 500 - 21K
    edited May 2019

The Morblund Sisters are very, very sorry for having confused the CG. cheeky

swatzters robots.jpg
    1350 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by luci45 on

Luci45 - looks like Bick Brighten is in a lot of trouble.  Maybe the CG will turn from bad to good and save the day!  Most excellent render.

If I am where the red X is placed on the green line, where is the CG?  laugh

Thanks, Diomede_C. Bad to good? The CG already believes he is doing good works, doesn't he?

And where IS the CG if you are the red X? Maybe he is in a 5th paralleloverse.

Or maybe there are more CGs, many mamy more....

edited May 2019

The CG steps into Marshian's Kaleidoscope installation and does not know where to shoot.

CG mirrors 2.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1M
    CG Mirrors.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by luci45 on
    luci45 said:

The CG steps into Marshian's Kaleidoscope installation and does not know where to shoot.

Hahahaha! Priceless:)

edited May 2019

laughyes

Oh Gawd ! Pugno-Belligerians aren't known for their ability to tackle difficult concepts* (e.g. 'en passant' ), so I was rather surprised that the CG even attempted to make sense of the 4 paralleloverses.
    But Marshian's Kaleidoscope...
    Have you ever seen a Pugno-Belligerians brain explode ?

* they tend to blast things they don't understand - which probably explains their method of art "appreciation"

P.S.Apologies Diomede_Carrara and SixDs for the delay in the "appreciation" of your images - you can blame(thank?) luci45 for that !

Oh no, poor CG! Maybe some therapy would help, or drugs? 

Marshian's Kaleidoscope was not my fault. It is an installation in the 'Modern Gallery' and the CG wandered in there on his own. Maybe he is attracted by shiny things.

Thank you, Luci45!  Wonderful kaleidoscope.

Thanks, Sven Dullah and Diomede_Carrara. Kaleidoscopes are fun (for most of us.)

edited May 2019

Back on the original timeline (you know, the X I AM here (MEme) one on the CGs chart) the CG has given up trying to understand, and has continued searching the modern gallery, found...

Entry 11 - Diomede_Carrara #1:

...and appreciated it !

9-app.jpg
    585 x 820 - 136K