Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 12

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I was looking at seamless pattern tiles, and want to remind everyone of Barbult's post back in 2013. She and I were discussing Pattern Cooler. Here's how to use it, and its a free resource. :) 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    Novica said:

I was looking at seamless pattern tiles, and want to remind everyone of Barbult's post back in 2013. She and I were discussing Pattern Cooler. Here's how to use it, and its a free resource. :) 

Hmmm. Avira says that site is now a malware site.

Pattern Cooler Malware.JPG
    751 x 549 - 31K
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Thanks for the link Novica. Not sure I've heard about that tool before.

I use Malwarebytes and it didn't flag it. Anyone else?

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247

I use ESET and Norton neither one flagged it

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Thank you for the critique, Novia! I'll work on that (regarding the thumbnails/Eyes) for future products as well as getting better at blending that make up for the VR ladies. 

Thank you for the critique, Novia! I'll work on that (regarding the thumbnails/Eyes) for future products as well as getting better at blending that make up for the VR ladies. 

One thing I love about your thumbnails though- they are color correct. With a lot of ladies' lips and makeups, it's sometimes a stark contrast as to what is shown in the thumbnails vs what goes onto the lips and face. Yours are true colors. 

• sueyasueya Posts: 825

I have recently bought the RSSY clothing converter from V4 to G8 female and used it to convert several V4 outfits including this Sensibility Dress. I tried out the Floral silk iray shaders with this dress. I think it is best to use a smaller pattern on this dress. There are some lovely floral patterns in this product.

sueya said:

I have recently bought the RSSY clothing converter from V4 to G8 female and used it to convert several V4 outfits including this Sensibility Dress. I tried out the Floral silk iray shaders with this dress. I think it is best to use a smaller pattern on this dress. There are some lovely floral patterns in this product.

I have some of the converters but haven't had time to try them yet (working on files from the other store)  Yours look good :) and I like the floral too. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    sueya said:

Do those scripts convert all V4 to G8F at once or do you have to go through and manually pick specific products?

edited May 2019

Here's Stetson last night with his gorgeous coal black Spring coat, before it gets slightly bleached out in the summer. He's brought in by noon everyday, starting in May, due to the heat and so his coat doesn't get as bleached out as it normally would. It was 83 degrees at 7pm last night. UGH. 

I went out at 7:15am today to feed early and put him out, and it was eighty degees at that time. But NO BUGS. So I'm going to try and do that every morning.

Horse Hotel was in his pasture (they had three horses who needed to be turned out together after a long trip, so I said fine and Stetson was put in a different pasture. That's why he is running and exploring.) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

What a beautiful horse! That tail reaches the ground.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

Here's Stetson last night with his gorgeous coal black Spring coat, before it gets slightly bleached out in the summer. He's brought in by noon everyday, starting in May, due to the heat and so his coat doesn't get as bleached out as it normally would. It was 83 degrees at 7pm last night. UGH. 

I went out at 7:15am to feed early and put him out, and it was eighty degees at that time. But NO BUGS. So I'm going to try and do that every morning.

Horse Hotel was in his pasture (they had three horses who needed to be turned out together after a long trip, so I said fine and Stetson was put in a different pasture. That's why he is running and exploring.) 

Stetson sure is a beautiful boy. He really looks like he's having fun, too.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247

Fine looking animal

It was 83 here at midnight last night and is 83 right now

• sueyasueya Posts: 825

Do those scripts convert all V4 to G8F at once or do you have to go through and manually pick specific products?

You can convert several items of clothing at once with the scripts, but I prefer to convert one outfit at a time. I highly recommend reading this thread as it contains hints and tips on several different features of the product. River Soft gives useful advice too.  

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Stetson is absolutely gorgeous. He looks so happy and playful. 

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Lovely horse, Novica! Shiny and happy!

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited May 2019

On an unrelated note, a lot of the things in the Genesis Mega Sale qualify for the "$XX of free DO stuff" offer on Kala. Even if they do similar sales for Genesis 2 and 3 items over the weekend, the discounts on G2 and G3 retro sales historically have not been as dramatic, so in terms of "quantity of free stuff you can get with the Kala offer" this is probably the best we'll see. In terms of quality, well, on the one hand it's pretty old stuff, some of it rather rubbery looking, on the other hand the variety of options is kind of impressive: the cart I loaded to test this included a Robin Hood outfit, a generic swashbuckler outfit, a jockey outfit, a unisex English riding habit, a uniform for a delivery guy with multiple texture options, a medieval executioner's outfit, the supersuit, one of its addons, and two female hairstyles that aren't close matches to stuff I already have.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited May 2019

The GenNext plugin by Singular Blues is available to play with. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4605031/#Comment_4605031

It is not yet "perfect" but you should give it a try.

Here is G8F with Mavka a Genesis era morph. She is with the original clothing and hair. The skin is : VYK Midge with Altern8

19_G8F Mavka3.denoised.png
    640 x 800 - 363K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
    edited May 2019

Thanks everyone :)  

BTW, be sure and check Fast Grab, I'm not sure when it changed but for once, some of my wishlisted is in there. I had the Genesis 8 piercing products wishlisted, the flowers and My Little Place. Four things! That hasn't happened before. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Hey @nonesuch00, what do you mean your posts are useless? I even mentioned you in this render about a year ago when you helped me with conforming eyebrows. smiley

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Stetson was having a grand old time. I liked it when he kicked his heels near the shed - looked very joyful.

sueya said:

You can convert several items of clothing at once with the scripts, but I prefer to convert one outfit at a time. I highly recommend reading this thread as it contains hints and tips on several different features of the product. River Soft gives useful advice too.  

thanks

Stetson is a beauty. It's a good thing I only live on 0.6 of an acre or I'd adopt one of the racehorses they put up for adoption all the time. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

I love the Stetson video - he looks so happy!

edited May 2019

I am definitely NOT a happy camper. TWICE my studio has crashed (shouldn't happen on a Titan) with Kala, Karissa Hair, and Raeni Outfit. No set, nothing else except a plane. It happens when I switch to Iray in the viewport. 

Edit- CRASHED AGAIN when I tried to render it.

Post edited by Novica on
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633
    Novica said:

I am definitely NOT a happy camper. TWICE my studio has crashed (shouldn't happen on a Titan) with Kala, Karissa Hair, and Raeni Outfit. No set, nothing else except a plane. It happens when I switch to Iray in the viewport. 

Is it maybe a running out of RAM?

2019-05-25 02:10:09.387 Loaded image aprkari_txbrown.jpg
    2019-05-25 02:10:09.560 Loaded image aprkari_trans.jpg
    2019-05-25 02:12:24.460 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0

I installed the new Beta update for the studio, I uninstalled Briallen (which gives the duplicate formula message) and it's still crashing. 

edited May 2019

BTW, here's how to check your AVAILABLE RAM. This was Windows 10, may work in 7.

Hold down CTRL + ALT, press Delete.
    That brings up Task Manager
    Click Performance Tab at the top
    Click Memory. 

I'll put this under RAM in tips in the Reference Links first page. 

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.