Share your Message-Shirt-Magic Creations! [Commercial]

3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
edited May 2019 in The Commons

Hi all,

With our Message-Shirt-Magic series of products being released, we’d love to see some of your fun creations. 

Post renders in this thread and we may just have some gift-vouchers to throw around :-)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• HarvellHarvell Posts: 37

All I got was an error while running the script.

2019-05-19 09:51:57.848 Loading script: D:/Users/Drewbob/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/genesis 8 female/clothing/3d universe/message-shirt-magic/materials/message-shirt-magic.dse

2019-05-19 09:51:57.869 WARNING: Script Error: Line 365

2019-05-19 09:51:57.869 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'sString' [undefined] is not an object.

2019-05-19 09:51:57.869 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@D:/Users/Drewbob/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/genesis 8 female/clothing/3d universe/message-shirt-magic/materials/message-shirt-magic.dse:365

2019-05-19 09:51:57.873 Error in script execution: D:/Users/Drewbob/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/genesis 8 female/clothing/3d universe/message-shirt-magic/materials/message-shirt-magic.dse

• cubewotcubewot Posts: 9

Same problem here, same line # 365

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

damn, was hoping for some creations.

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    edited May 2019

- post deleted see next post -

Post edited by 3D Universe on
    edited May 2019
    cubewot said:

Same problem here, same line # 365

OK - on a hunch, I checked something and may have found the issue... On a disk drive that allows letter-case in folder names ("materials" is not the same as "Materials"), the path could be worked out incorrectly. The DAZ installer seems to create the "Materials" folder off Message-Shirt-Magic as "materials" (all small case) for some reason. 

Rename the folder in DAZ studio by right-clicking on it and selecting "Rename" from the pop-up menu. Because you can't just change it to "Materials", rename it to "x". Then repeat the process and rename it to "Materials" with a capital "M".

That should fix the issue - we'll get onto DAZ first thing tomorrow to get this properly fixed.

MSMError.jpg
    1060 x 736 - 206K

Nope, didn't work for me. The logfile has all letter-case small in the entry, the folder in the filesystem is with a capital "M". Shouldn't make a difference on a Windows machine though. I tried both and even renamed the enitre path, no changes, same error message. Sorry @nicstt for turning this into a support post...

edited May 2019
    cubewot said:

Nope, didn't work for me. The logfile has all letter-case small in the entry, the folder in the filesystem is with a capital "M". Shouldn't make a difference on a Windows machine though. I tried both and even renamed the enitre path, no changes, same error message. Sorry @nicstt for turning this into a support post...

I found I had to rename it from within DAZ Studio. The name showed correctly in the file system, so it appears to be DS specific. Also, you have to rename it to something else first as renaming it directly to “Materials” didn’t do anything. 

The case in the log files doesn’t mean anything, paths are always listed in the log file in lower-case for some reason. 

That did the job, thanks!

• HarvellHarvell Posts: 37

It works if you run the script from your Content Library. The bug seems to be in the Smart Content version of the script..

Em42.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1015K
    edited May 2019
    Harvell said:

It works if you run the script from your Content Library. The bug seems to be in the Smart Content version of the script..

Thanks for the extra info - we’ll take that up with DAZ tomorrow. 

You should try the “Younger Body” UV on the shirt as it may remove the texture warping. If you select the front of the shirt surface, you can change the UV from “Default UVs”. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,711

Will the clothing work without dForce?

Taoz said:

Will the clothing work without dForce?

Yes, obviously not as realistic draping... but it will work. 

• WIll there be a male version of this product soon?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,523
    edited May 2019

Nice product.

Ravyn08pic02.jpg
    860 x 1080 - 349K
    Post edited by Artini on
    Artini said:

Nice product.

Great render - you just scored a gift voucher for being the first one to use this thread for it’s intended purpose :-)

We’ll send you the voucher via private message...

Thanks a lot. All the best for you.

• RainRain Posts: 335
    Artini said:

Nice product.

Great render - you just scored a gift voucher for being the first one to use this thread for it’s intended purpose :-)

We’ll send you the voucher via private message..:

Looks like something I need to have ;-)

• This may not be what this thread was for, but it seems you have only one person with a successful render. I'm sure there are probably 10 people for every 1 that had huge issues with it. I have always been a 3D Universe fan, and up until now, you've had great products. Seems to me there is more than one issue with which you have a problem.  

My issue:

After I enter my message for the T-shirt, I can find no way to load it on the t-shirt. There was no readme with instructions, so I am at a loss.

Plus, I am unable to access the bottom of the message page (message page) because it is too big and denies me access to the bottom controls.
    I am unable to slide it up or down because no scroll bar was included.

Tshirt.JPG
    896 x 764 - 104K
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    Harvell said:

That's a good number... <.<
    edited May 2019

This may not be what this thread was for, but it seems you have only one person with a successful render. I'm sure there are probably 10 people for every 1 that had huge issues with it. I have always been a 3D Universe fan, and up until now, you've had great products. Seems to me there is more than one issue with which you have a problem.  

My issue:

After I enter my message for the T-shirt, I can find no way to load it on the t-shirt. There was no readme with instructions, so I am at a loss.

Plus, I am unable to access the bottom of the message page (message page) because it is too big and denies me access to the bottom controls.
    I am unable to slide it up or down because no scroll bar was included.

We thought the interface was pretty straight-forward and easy to understand, but we'll plan to release a basic walk-through video of using the product if that is required.

As to your issues - what resolution is your display? The interface is being cut off at the bottom, so you aren't seeing the "Generate Texture" button. You can see on the product page what the interface should look like. We also included a screenshot of the interface explaining all the various features.

We will look at the option of adding scroll bars to the main interface, it was designed to fit standard current resolutions.

Harvell said:

The Smart Content version of products are set up by DAZ, not the content creator. We will address the issues with DAZ, but this is not something that we have direct control over.

• ziggie_a138bf4808ziggie_a138bf4808 Posts: 24
    edited May 2019

The T-Shirt says it all...

tshirt2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 419K
    Post edited by Chohole on

The T-Shirt says it all...

LOL - let's get over the teething issues first...

Seriously though, if there is enough demand for a G8M or G3M version, we'll plan on releasing one. Male versions of any 3D products don't sell as well as the female version, simply because more people use the female figures. This means, we really need to make enough on the female version of the product to subsidise creating a male version of the same product. 

• lryhall_17d185bd0dlryhall_17d185bd0d Posts: 127
    edited May 2019

My resolution is 1360 X 768 (Which is the recommended resolution). I had been using the 'content library' to load. I just tried the 'smart content' pane and received the 'error' message. The t-shirt itself loads fine. I just have no access to apply the message on the shirt. 

Post edited by lryhall_17d185bd0d on

I did a manual install and am unable to get past loading the shirt on the character, clicking on materials and then nothing.  The log file show "failed to load script".  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing.

We've updated the product to fix the issue with DAZ Connect. We've also made the interface resize for those with lower resolution displays.

Please reinstall the product to get the latest updates.

We've updated the product to fix the issue with DAZ Connect. We've also made the interface resize for those with lower resolution displays.

Please reinstall the product to get the latest updates.

I reinstalled but am still not able to use it. Still getting the same message......2019-05-21 16:52:16.384 Failed to load script: /Users/spuffy/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/3D Universe/Message-Shirt-Magic/Materials/Message-Shirt-Magic.dse

edited May 2019

Smart Caps Society - going bananas...

trio07pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 199K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    Harvell said:

The Smart Content version of products are set up by DAZ, not the content creator. We will address the issues with DAZ, but this is not something that we have direct control over.

Oh, I wasn't referring to the comment, but rather the render posted. 

That is a good number.

Afrer about 6 hours of installing, reinstalling via various methods, I think I've pulled enough hair out LOL.  Still can't get it to work and have begun to think I might have to throw in the towel on this one unless someone can help me.