Share your Message-Shirt-Magic Creations! [Commercial]

Comments

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327

Thank you, Steve, for your help. I understand that you're a very busy man. What I am having a hard time wrapping my head around, is that my computer (Which is barely 2 years old) recommends my resolution as the desired resolution. I tried changing my resolution and had to have a repairman come out and undo what I had done. After my mistake in making the change, I was unable to open my computer. So you can see how I'd be reluctant to meddle with any resolution changes.

Thanks for your timely response,

Larry

Can I email you a script to test some stuff on your PC? It will give me a better idea of what your system setup is...

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

Taoz said:
    Artini said:

Is it possible to use custom fonts?

Or are we limited to those in the menu only?

To allow for saved presets to work on both Mac and Windows PCs, the fonts available are limited to those in the drop-down list. We may expand this at a later stage.

I think you should mention that on the product page. I bought it believing it would work with any font.

Besides I'm having font problems with the presets. Same in both Win 8 and 10 and affects any font I choose, so it may have to do with local setup (Danish).

This may be related to the language of your Windows installation. The special characters are standard Unicode characters, that are supposed to be standard across all fonts. We obviously couldn’t test those fonts on all possible languages though. 

Well I've tried to shift to US language, still the same problem.

Are you using only the system fonts available in the Shirt-Magic program in the presets?

Taoz said:
    Artini said:

To allow for saved presets to work on both Mac and Windows PCs, the fonts available are limited to those in the drop-down list. We may expand this at a later stage.

I think you should mention that on the product page. I bought it believing it would work with any font.

Besides I'm having font problems with the presets. Same in both Win 8 and 10 and affects any font I choose, so it may have to do with local setup (Danish).

For those who would like custom fonts :-)

Great, that will really make a difference!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Love the possibilities with Ascii code there

That is awesome!

Agreed.

Taoz said:

Taoz said:
    Artini said:

This may be related to the language of your Windows installation. The special characters are standard Unicode characters, that are supposed to be standard across all fonts. We obviously couldn’t test those fonts on all possible languages though. 

Are you using only the system fonts available in the Shirt-Magic program in the presets?

The fonts used in the presets are system fonts common to both Windows and MacOS. 

edited May 2019

Can we share this on our Facebook page (obviously giving you credit)?

Post edited by 3D Universe on
  • Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318

sure no problem :)
    But was only a fast Render with my new purchases

Taoz said:

Taoz said:
    Artini said:

The fonts used in the presets are system fonts common to both Windows and MacOS. 

Hm, strange, then it normally should work. But all that font stuff is very complex so hard to tell what the problem is. Anyway, I'm happy if just I can get custom fonts.

edited May 2019

Peaches converted to ascii

paige-peaches_ascii.png
    792 x 921 - 511K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • RainRain Posts: 335

Love this!  I have some ascii code pictures but I have no idea how to get them in to the program.  More fiddling around I guess ;-)

edited May 2019
    spuffy said:

Love this!  I have some ascii code pictures but I have no idea how to get them in to the program.  More fiddling around I guess ;-)

Copy them from whatever text app you have and just paste the content into the tool’s text box. Then select a fixed-width font like “Courier” and size the font-size way down. 

Post edited by 3D Universe on
  • RainRain Posts: 335
    spuffy said:

Copy them from whatever text app you have and just paste the content into the tool’s text box. Then select a fixed-width font like “Courier” and size the font-size way down. 

Thanks!  I’ll give it a try.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773
    edited June 2019

Thanks a lot for the update, 3D Universe. It extended script possibilities a lot.

ToonGirl04efg02sim01sc03pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1200 - 146K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

1st of all I would like to say congrats on making such a useful script, & the new update just brings a whole new level of usability.

Serina_MSM.png
    1000 x 1280 - 2M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    Artini said:

Thanks a lot for the update, 3D Universe. It extended script possibilities a lot.

Why is the text so distorted on her shirt? Is it because of the character morph used? Is there a way to fix that so the text looks straight and undistorted, like it would on a real shirt?

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited June 2019

Thank you so much Steve :)

Sase-Malia-Petra.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 609K
    Post edited by Petra on
  • Very cute PBR.

barbult said:
    Artini said:

Why is the text so distorted on her shirt? Is it because of the character morph used? Is there a way to fix that so the text looks straight and undistorted, like it would on a real shirt?

I can only imagine, since the character is pretty much extremely morphed (JoeQuick creation) the clothes also are distorted in some way.

edited June 2019

Best of two worlds...

Labrador12pic02.jpg
    1024 x 1200 - 250K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • MRZ2KMRZ2K Posts: 5

Hi!  I am having some technical difficulties with the t-shirt product, but suspect this isn't the place for detailed tech support conversations.  : )

If someone could direct me to the appropriate site / thread / email / etc to obtain that support, that would be much appreciated.  I've tried to track that down on my own, but had no luck. 

Thank you!  

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

3D Universe said:

You can use the site https://igfonts.io/ to check what symbols work on your PC installation. 

German user here, so of course I use a german windows setup and yes, I also get all the garbled unicode characters displayed. If I would be able just change those unicode symbols in proper letters Your product would be a lot more useful for me, but I can't just use a text editor to do that, as Idon't have a effing clue WHAT those unicode characters are supposed to tell me. Some I could find out - like the "Hack the planet" I probably identified - but others are just without any sense.

So, would be there a chance to get a list what those different .msm files in the examples folder are supposed to look like / say?

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

i'm happy i could grab it in the 2,99 sales", they are really good for me.

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited July 2021

Well... I just paid 30 bucks for this... so I'm not that happy to see that sale price 3 days later.

I paid 30 bucks.jpg
    768 x 768 - 74K
    Post edited by UHF on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,009
    edited July 2021

UHF said:

Well... I just paid 30 bucks for this... so I'm not that happy to see that sale price 3 days later.

Once upon a time what we could do - if purchase was in that 30 day period - was to take a screengrab of the product page showing the lower price, send it along with a polite request to Customer Service and ask for a refund for price difference - a store credit back into our accounts usually went the fastest [and we keep shopping so] ...

oh yes, CS ticket needs to go to the "Sales" dept. - and supply the Purchase Order number and details of course.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,009
    edited July 2021

3D Universe Thank you for putting the bundle in the PC Flash Sales. My first attempt worked well, no hitches!

So easy to use this plugin for writing text on clothing.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Thanks :-) I picked up the bundle yesterday and was playing with it last night, on the guys. I haven't tweaked all the settings as I was just testing but anyone have any hints on how to dial in something akin to 'small breasts' or something to stop the words distortion when fitted to G8M? I haven't tried Cross-figure or anything yet.

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

Managed to get this to work with butterfly and flower fonts

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,422
    edited July 2021

1st attempts. 

tshirts.jpg
    944 x 804 - 334K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

I haven't tried it yet. But, Thank you for adding it to the PC+ Sale.

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this ^^

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited July 2021

I have just got around to trying this and it seems to work other than I can't figure out how and where to save the designs. I followed the instuctions on first running the script and created the folder it asked for but there is nothing in there after completing a couple of shirt text messages. If I load the script again it just has the previous design but none of those prior to that ...

Second question: is it possible to use image textures rather than plain colours for the cloth (not the text)?

WAI.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by marble on