The Hackers got to my XP Complaint Thread

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know of any good but free tutorials for Vue?

the only tutorials that I know of are on Youtube bye E-on software.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFF7ACA72C1899D15

There are some books on Vue:
    Vue 7: From the Ground Up: The Official Guide
    Realism in Vue - Special Edition
    Vue 7: Beyond the Basics

Sorry I couldn't help out more.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

I don't know of any off hand

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Icky sticky and gloomy kinda day so far, real grey and gloomy and not a breath of wind, as still as a tropical night outside my window :>)

edited October 2013

That's it, I'm so fed up. I turned the game off. Greenbay scored again

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    People posting renders, I wanted to get in on that action too. o__o

Random put-something-in-the-scene-and-hit-render drop?
    No idea where those splotches are coming from, but at least there aren't a ton of ugly triangles on the roof anymore hey :)

Watermark is there cuz I was rendering from within C4D using the xStream learning edition. Feels real good working inside Cinema instead of Vue. Easier positioning stuff too which is a total PITA in Vue because of its wonky camera and viewports.

hehe renderer pron. Splodgies should disappear as you refine the IDL sampling :>)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Haha cool render there Borg ! I wouldn't call him wooden as a coffin tho XD

Sorta a complaint: starting to really dispise foxes! Again I see one trying to make a domestic cat it's meal! Who in England had the 'brilliant idea' of introducing the fox to Australia?!? Such madness ! Like several now rampid snake breeds. Seriously, very sad.

Non complaint: I have seen so much wildlife last few weeks, the little possums are so awesome! Even seen a huge wombat! Seriously suprised me on an off ramp of freeway. In dark my first impression was "omg, is that North American bear?" Which was a redicilous thought! But was an impressive sight at 430am. Tho freeway travel has been less fun lately, too many kangaroos lately.

ROOs :lol:

teh cute

wbt.jpg
    800 x 533 - 133K
    edited December 1969

I am not wanting to sell other people's models, but rather use them for my renders and animations.

You should be OK then :>)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:

Sorta a complaint: starting to really dispise foxes! Again I see one trying to make a domestic cat it's meal! Who in England had the 'brilliant idea' of introducing the fox to Australia?!? Such madness ! Like several now rampid snake breeds. Seriously, very sad.

Non complaint: I have seen so much wildlife last few weeks, the little possums are so awesome! Even seen a huge wombat! Seriously suprised me on an off ramp of freeway. In dark my first impression was "omg, is that North American bear?" Which was a redicilous thought! But was an impressive sight at 430am. Tho freeway travel has been less fun lately, too many kangaroos lately.

teh cute

Is that a wombat? Why would anyone want to shoot that with a blaster?

Dana

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    That's it, I'm so fed up. I turned the game off. Greenbay scored again

*hugs*

edited October 2013

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:

teh cute

Dana

BIg Common Wombat yes, about three feet tall :>) PS Didn't think you are allowed to shoot Wombats

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:

teh cute

Dana

BIg Common Wombat yes, about three feet tall :>) PS Didn't think you are allowed to shoot Wombats

Did not know that

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Wombatman! can ya just imagine the franchise opportunities? :)

edited December 1969

The newest superhero

edited December 1969

new superheroes in tights, cheers

edited December 1969

Might need a haircut first

edited December 1969

temps down to 45F t'nite. shvvvrrbrrr

edited December 1969

tt.png
    205 x 169 - 18K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

14 hours ahead of me. will have to run faster to catch up. huff huff wheeeeze

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...quick Hedgehog, to the Wombatmobile!

...oh, and in Star wars, those were Womp Rats Luke used to shoot from his T-16 back home.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited December 1969

I doodled the 11th doctor while listening to the sermon today.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited October 2013

http://www.geekatplay.com/

There's hundreds of Vue tutorials alone on this site, all free (But you can buy some of the packs like the Epic Landscapes series - they come with the scene files and stuff when bought and you don't need to stream the videos anymore)

*Edit* Starionwolf mentioned books... While not free I'd check out 'Realism in Vue' by Quadspinner. It's not a "Getting Started" sort of book, but it is a good one :)

Post edited by Rezca on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Grrrrr, I wanna scream. My football team is doing terrible today

Your avatar is always screaming. :)
    edited October 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...quick Hedgehog, to the Wombatmobile!

...oh, and in Star wars, those were Womp Rats Luke used to shoot from his T-16 back home.

Hehe Echidna here, is a mammal that lays eggs and is difficult to tell where the front of it is until they move :>)

e.JPG
    697 x 599 - 98K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited December 1969

I am thinking of going to bed soon.

edited December 1969

I am thinking of going to bed soon.

may the force be with you ^5

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I haven't seen a real echidna before. Thanks for posting the photo. On the topic of Australian animals, I own a region 1 DVD of Blinky Bill.

blinky_bill.jpg
    442 x 600 - 131K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:

teh cute

Dana

It was a reference to Luke Skywalker talking about shooting wombats with his blaster "back home". Not sure if it's an exact reference. The words are questionable.

Dana

edited October 2013

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:

teh cute

Dana

It was a reference to Luke Skywalker talking about shooting wombats with his blaster "back home". Not sure if it's an exact reference. The words are questionable.

Dana
    As KK mentioned earlier up the page, that was womp rats. Fauna was a bit different on Tatooine. :)
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Womp_rat

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

Experimenting with Halloween Pumpkin and lighting.

Jack-O.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 274K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited October 2013

...I believe the line went something like:

"I used to bullseye Womp Rats from my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters."

Said by Luke during the briefing before the attack on the Death Star in reference to the size of the thermal exhaust port on the station they needed to target.

Yeah, I've seen that film far too many times.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.