The Hackers got to my XP Complaint Thread

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

I normally only eat 1 mean a day. Every once and a while I'll eat breakfast.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack. Sometimes a snack in the afternoon.

edited December 1969

I save the food for my kids. There health is a bit more important. Once a day is fine for me. Been doing it for 15 years

edited December 1969

How many kids do you have?

edited December 1969

2, very fast growing boys. 15 year old and a 12 year old. They eat us out of house and home

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    2, very fast growing boys. 15 year old and a 12 year old. They eat us out of house and home

Teenage boys can get very hungry.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    KInda like that but a stop or two darker in places, and hairier

Looking good!

Dana

edited December 1969

well, there's first breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies,

brain fart, i can't remember if lunch comes before or after afternoon tea, prolly before

supper, dinner,

time to put on a fresh pot of cawfee. i haz to remember to get change for the bus, exact change.

i had a weird dream last night, i wanted to skateboard, but there were wires and construction stuff all over the floor so i could only skateboard in a lil circle.

spreadsheets to work on, but still feeling brain dead. caffeine isn't kicking in.

Ironman3 made me think of Lethal weapon when they were on the big boat.

Thursday is employee appreciation day. I'm on the list for 10 years. this feb, i'll be here 11 years as a temp.

and i turn 50. trying to think of something special to do for my 50th b-day. was thinking of renting a car to galavant, but it's dead winter in Feb. thought of going to warm bahaman island for the b-day weekend, but i'd be away from my Buppy. he's elderly, don't want to give him separation anxiety. oh, i could take a 2 week vacation and stay home and do projects. 2 weeks in a row!

raindrops for Merthyr. raindrops and a snowflake for Stockholm. i can't remember who lives in Stockholm.
    Helsinki has a banana and a cloud. Melbourne and Tokyo has a leetle cloud peeking out from the main cloud.

That's not a banana, that's the Moon!

Rain and snow, it's going to be messy in Stockholm!

Dana

edited December 1969

I wonder if they'll have a catch up sale for the $.99 items. I missed the hairs and the Victorian things. You snooze, you lose. I couldn't get everything anyway, but it would have been nice to get a few off my wishlist.

Dana

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited October 2013

all i wanted to do was d/l a trial version of the new Access version only to make sure it'll work with the db i made in 2007.
    it makes me nervous when different versions of s/w are using the same database. when we went from access 2003 to 2007, i had to recompile the database. it's still in .mde format. they gave us Office 2010, but it didn't come with access, so they gave us access 2007.

off365 sale tactics is essploding my brain. zombies are following me now.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

DanaTA said:

brain fart, i can't remember if lunch comes before or after afternoon tea, prolly before

supper, dinner,

time to put on a fresh pot of cawfee. i haz to remember to get change for the bus, exact change.

i had a weird dream last night, i wanted to skateboard, but there were wires and construction stuff all over the floor so i could only skateboard in a lil circle.

spreadsheets to work on, but still feeling brain dead. caffeine isn't kicking in.

Thursday is employee appreciation day. I'm on the list for 10 years. this feb, i'll be here 11 years as a temp.

and i turn 50. trying to think of something special to do for my 50th b-day. was thinking of renting a car to galavant, but it's dead winter in Feb. thought of going to warm bahaman island for the b-day weekend, but i'd be away from my Buppy. he's elderly, don't want to give him separation anxiety. oh, i could take a 2 week vacation and stay home and do projects. 2 weeks in a row!

raindrops for Merthyr. raindrops and a snowflake for Stockholm. i can't remember who lives in Stockholm.
    Helsinki has a banana and a cloud. Melbourne and Tokyo has a leetle cloud peeking out from the main cloud.

Dana

And boy have we had lots of raindrops in Merthyr, flood alerts abound down in the Valleys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-24606422

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

They are calling for rain with a mix of snow for the next 3 days for us.

edited December 1969

New wave of layoffs coming. My dayjob co. is being bought by another company.

edited December 1969

I've been there

edited December 1969

Got a call that started off with FBI but it turned out to be a security system telemarketer thing. I hung up before getting a live person.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DanaTA said:

supper, dinner,

Dana

And boy have we had lots of raindrops in Merthyr, flood alerts abound down in the Valleys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-24606422

the store in Cardiff looks rain woes.

edited December 1969

Got a call that started off with FBI but it turned out to be a security system telemarketer thing. I hung up before getting a live person.

don't ya hate when they do that? it's the start of the zombified apocalips

edited December 1969

LOL! The Walking Dead

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

LOL! The Walking Dead

and they aren't the happy zombies like the Thriller dancing zombies.

edited December 1969

I like the old classic Night of the living dead

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

I've been there

i'm a contract employee, they have to renew me end of December.
    i'd rather be an out of sight, out of mind kinda employee. nerves gives me the angina.

edited December 1969

Yeah I know how it is. Me and the wife do this for a living so its always up in the air if we're gonna make money or not. Tough to plan a lifestyle with this type of system.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited October 2013

Frank0314 said:

I've been there
    ...so have I.

The other day, learned the firm I worked for for 17 years was acquired by another about the time our primary client announced they were leaving (which led to my being laid off). Now this may or may not have been a contributing factor, who knows, since business likes to be so secretive about such dealings.

Definitely explains all the strange suits I saw and numerous closed door meetings during this past December - January. During a plant wide meeting in late January, we were told our company was "expanding" to include new clients and services...moments after which we received the bad news that our major client of over thirty years was departing. Also explains the behavior among some of the admin I was noticing.

I discovered the information after receiving a letter concerning a 401k programme through their payroll provider which, when I went to the website mentioned, had the other firm's name prominently listed. A little extra Net digging turned up that the company I worked for is now being promoted as "A [other firm's name] Company". A notice posted on the Net by the investment group involved goes on to say that, "it is a pleasure to support [company rep] and his team to purchase [the company I used to work for]." Apparently there was also a sizable debt and equity infusion involved in the deal as well.

As Emperor Joseph II in Amdeus would say, "So, there it is!"

...time to win the Megabucks. Tired of being nothing more than someone else's liquidatable asset.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

...I try to avoid eating mean things as much as possible, not good for the digestion. ;-)
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Frank0314 said:

...I try to avoid eating mean things as much as possible, not good for the digestion. ;-)

Do you try to eat nice things?

edited December 1969

...as much as possible.

At my age, indigestion is no fun.

edited December 1969

I eat very little meat (only cause it's so damn expensive) and a lot of chicken

edited December 1969

supermarket prices are ridiculous. prices on dairy way up. shrinking sizes. some settling may occur - yeesh.

edited December 1969

Prices are getting ridiculous.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

You don't eat the kind of "one meal a day" that begins at breakfast time and ends at bedtime do you, Frank? :)
This discussion has been closed.