dForce Hair (as well as strand based hair and the strand based hair editor) in public beta

Comments

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited May 2019

This does work on animals - I did a quick test on the HW Cat

CatHair.png
    800 x 800 - 539K
    Post edited by Tottallou on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited May 2019
    BlueIrene said:

It would be good if it could make a decent mane for the Daz horse.

I'm really pleased to see Garibaldi revived. I always got on better with that than I did with LAMH, but stopped using it after it appeared the product had been abandoned. Evidently I am well out of practice as my first attempt with the strand-based hair shows (although Our Heroine looks surprisingly cheerful for someone with a hairdo that could have been done in the dark with a garden strimmer!). It would have been a sight worse if I'd never used Garibaldi before though and hadn't been able to remember bits and pieces. I can see a lot of potential here once we're all a bit more used to it. It does take a noticeable amount of processor power (at least it does if your computer is like mine and far from being the fastest) but it renders pretty quickly. I only let the attached go as far as 70% and so it's not optimum, it just gives an idea of what can be achieved can be achieved by the unskillful and how much room for improvement there still is for the talented to take advantage of :)

Very cool! Maybe you can do a quick tutorial on how you did it, if you have time? Though tutorials can be a pain in the bottom to do, so if you don't want to that's totally understandable. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    BlueIrene said:

I'm really pleased to see Garibaldi revived. I always got on better with that than I did with LAMH, but stopped using it after it appeared the product had been abandoned. Evidently I am well out of practice as my first attempt with the strand-based hair shows (although Our Heroine looks surprisingly cheerful for someone with a hairdo that could have been done in the dark with a garden strimmer!). It would have been a sight worse if I'd never used Garibaldi before though and hadn't been able to remember bits and pieces. I can see a lot of potential here once we're all a bit more used to it. It does take a noticeable amount of processor power (at least it does if your computer is like mine and far from being the fastest) but it renders pretty quickly. I only let the attached go as far as 70% and so it's not optimum, it just gives an idea of what can be achieved can be achieved by the unskillful and how much room for improvement there still is for the talented to take advantage of :)

Very cool! Maybe you can do a quick tutorial on how you did it, if you have time? Though tutorials can be a pain in the bottom to do, so if you don't want to that's totally understandable. :)

Sadly I am an even worse teacher than I am a hairdresser, but the thing that had the most influence on this was remembering to adjust the 'Auto Parting' threshold under the 'Style' tab. Without this, the hair sticks up along the parting like a cockatiel that has been badly affected by static electricity. It also helps to know that you can edit individual guide hairs using the tools in the style tab - just click on the empty space next to the hairdo to be able to affect all of them again. Experiment, CTRL-Z will quickly undo mistakes. I can't think of anything else (other than that I would save any colours I was happy with as Shader presets), but unless it has somehow been lost there is a massive thread on Garibaldi around here somewhere that I learned everything I know from. I hope that was at least a little help to someone :)

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    Tottallou said:

Well that's a start. 

I wonder if this is coming out just in time for a Cat 8 release after Kala 8.

Can this hair be weight mapped? Sorry to ask so many questions. I'm still waiting before updating like I said earlier. I'll probably wait a couple of weeks to be sure it is safe to update beta software.

BlueIrene said:
    BlueIrene said:

Sadly I am an even worse teacher than I am a hairdresser, but the thing that had the most influence on this was remembering to adjust the 'Auto Parting' threshold under the 'Style' tab. Without this, the hair sticks up along the parting like a cockatiel that has been badly affected by static electricity. It also helps to know that you can edit individual guide hairs using the tools in the style tab - just click on the empty space next to the hairdo to be able to affect all of them again. Experiment, CTRL-Z will quickly undo mistakes. I can't think of anything else (other than that I would save any colours I was happy with as Shader presets), but unless it has somehow been lost there is a massive thread on Garibaldi around here somewhere that I learned everything I know from. I hope that was at least a little help to someone :)

Great! Thank you for the tips- it's much appreciated! :)

• joseftjoseft Posts: 310

So the first of the software features being worked on instead of working on Gen9, which i think is a good thing. High quality characters/figures only get you so far without the character tools to really make them shine

Hopefully they are also working on collision/soft body dynamics and the ability to do that at higher resolution than the base mesh. That, plus this hair system and the existing cloth simulations is pretty much everything your average character artist could want

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited May 2019

This one made me think of a terrifying British product from around 1980 known as the 'Rave' home perm. Genesis is starting to look a bit traumatised now, and it's not difficult to see why. I think the strand-based hair would make quite good hairstyles for black characters though, with a bit of tweaking. Practice will make us all perfect eventually :)

Rave.jpg
    400 x 400 - 71K
    Post edited by BlueIrene on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Should loading the G8M Strand Based Hair sample load another instance of G8M? Because on my computer, it is. When I load the hair, it loads another G8M, even tho I have one selected in the scene already.

Laurie

Tottallou said:

Well that's a start. 

Can this hair be weight mapped? Sorry to ask so many questions. I'm still waiting before updating like I said earlier. I'll probably wait a couple of weeks to be sure it is safe to update beta software.

I managed to get both betas on my computer. I just told Install Manager to install the new one somewhere else ;)

Laurie

edited May 2019
    AllenArt said:

Should loading the G8M Strand Based Hair sample load another instance of G8M? Because on my computer, it is. When I load the hair, it loads another G8M, even tho I have one selected in the scene already.

Laurie

Tottallou said:

Well that's a start. 

I managed to get both betas on my computer. I just told Install Manager to install the new one somewhere else ;)

Laurie

It loads a figure, yes. It's a "Set" with pre-mapped "mohawk" strand hair. After you edit the hair to your liking you can load a character shape and mats to the figure. There's probably a way to do it with another figure but I haven't gotten that far with it yet. lol

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited May 2019

After a LOT of trial and error, I managed to get something that isn't completely awful. lol :)

Here's the evolution of an experiment.

It started pretty funky, then got a little better, and then a little bit better:

I'm still working on it, but it's getting better. :)

I'm super impatient so once I got past the "oh my goodness - what are all these settings, what do they all doooooo???" and just threw caution to the wind and started experimenting with the different settings it's becoming pretty fun, imo. 

I highly recommend zooming out when styling it with the "comb" and go to the "Comb Curves" setting and increase the "Radius" by quite a bit. That helps with the shaping of the style, imo. :)

Strand Based Hair - Test 1.png
    538 x 700 - 584K
    Strand Based Hair - Test 2 Stopped Early.png
    538 x 700 - 766K
    Strand Based Hair - Test 3.png
    538 x 700 - 657K
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757
    AllenArt said:

Does this work on other figures? I only see Genesis 8 listed. How about other Genesis models and non standard models like animals?

How stable is this beta for people? Since there is no way to revert Daz, I don't want to update into a major problem. We seriously need a way to revert to a previous beta version if it breaks something. I use 4.11.0.236. I did not update to x.335 because of the issues being reported by users.

Same here.

Laurie

Me three. I'm really wary of upgrading my beta versions as I have issues half the time I do it. 

edited May 2019

Christian's not sure what he thinks of the new "do", but since it's my very first one, he'll just have to grin and bear it. LOL

Boy, that was hard won. Using a mouse for it is just...difficult. ;)

Also, something tells me most hair styles are best done in pieces.

Laurie

The-New-Do.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 283K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
    AllenArt said:

Christian's not sure what he thinks of the new "do", but since it's my very first one, he'll just have to grin and bear it. LOL

Also, something tells me most hair styles are best done in pieces.

Laurie

WHOA! That looks fantastic! I can't believe it's your first one - what even? lol  You're a natural at it! surprise

edited May 2019

A quicky test with the Genesis Gorilla. I think next time I'll increase the hair density. But this new strand based hair is CRAZY COOL! This is a real game changer, imo! :D

So to do strand based hair on any figure just select the figure and go to "Create" >> "New Strand Based Hair". Then the window will pop up and you can set the parameters, "Paint" where you want the hair, and then style and color it. :)

I'm finding this a lot of fun! It's challenging, as it's a LOT of new stuff to learn, but also quite fun! :D

Strand Based Hair Test - Genesis Gorilla.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited May 2019
    AllenArt said:

WHOA! That looks fantastic! I can't believe it's your first one - what even? lol  You're a natural at it! surprise

A natural???!! LMAO...you wouldn't have said that if you'd seen me screwing it up and fixing, screwing it up and fixing, screwing it up and fixing....hahaha. As Jeff Foxworthy once said, I probably "looked like a monkey doing a math problem" laugh Plus, a short style on a male is a far cry from some of the more complicated styles for women out there.

I think I'll have to get a decent tablet if I want to do the strand hair because I'm just not adept or precise enough with a mouse.. I think I might start doing hairs in sections too - breaking a style down into parts of similar hair directions and/or lengths and do it that way. It's just too hard to do all in one big clump and way too clumsy ;)

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
    edited May 2019
    AllenArt said:
    AllenArt said:

A natural???!! LMAO...you wouldn't have said that if you'd seen me screwing it up and fixing, screwing it up and fixing, screwing it up and fixing....hahaha. As Jeff Foxworthy once said, I probably "looked like a monkey doing a math problem" laugh Plus, a short style on a male is a far cry from some of the more complicated styles for women out there.

I think I'll have to get a decent tablet if I want to do the strand hair because I'm just not adept or precise enough with a mouse.. I think I might start doing hairs in sections too - breaking a style down into parts of similar hair directions and/or lengths and do it that way. It's just too hard to do all in one big clump and way too clumsy ;)

Laurie

Seriously - your hair came out better than some of the hair I've purchased in the store even - so KUDOS! That looks fantastic and if it was for sale I'd throw my money at you! lol

Having a tablet definitely helps. Thankfully my 10 year old Wacom tablet is still alive and kicking - it's making the styling much easier. :)

You can work on the hair in sections, it looks like. In the Style Window under Style Curve Tools - a couple of those on the top row lets you select just parts of the hair to work with and not have it affect the surrounding hair. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
    AllenArt said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

Seriously - your hair came out better than some of the hair I've purchased in the store even - so KUDOS! That looks fantastic and if it was for sale I'd throw my money at you! lol

Having a tablet definitely helps. Thankfully my 10 year old Wacom tablet is still alive and kicking - it's making the styling much easier. :)

You can work on the hair in sections, it looks like. In the Style Window under Style Curve Tools - a couple of those on the top row lets you select just parts of the hair to work with and not have it affect the surrounding hair. :)

Found what looks to be a nice tablet for a hundred bucks. Haven't had a tablet in a long time...will need to get used to it again. LOL

Thanks for the kind words. I feel like it really was kind of a lucky thing how it turned out. I'm not sure I could duplicate it. LMAO

It's a good thing it will let you do hair in sections. I think that will be a huge help with some styles and allow me to get a nice sharp part or have hair change directions sharply that much easier. It was really fun to try and amazingly, renders REALLY fast. I'm very pleased :)

Laurie

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited May 2019

Here is my attempt at short human head hair, after many edits and adjustments

How can we save these hairdos we create?

Edited to add a version with her painted on eyebrows and with hair that is less dense.

G8F Strand Hair 2_006.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    G8F Strand Hair 2_006 eyebrows and less dense.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,006
    barbult said:

That looks pretty great.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

Is it possible with this feature to do an animation with growing hair... e.g. from short hair (2 inch) to shoulder length?

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    barbult said:

Looks great. Is there a way to adjust the thickness of the hair? Looks kinda frizzy / thick.

Also, what happened to her eyebrows? :-P

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    Tottallou said:

Well that's a start. 

I had a crash dump from the new 366 today but it was strictly related to a Strand Hair feature I was trying to use (multiple hair density maps)

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Looks good to me.

edited May 2019

I tested and can make a quick wishlist:

1) A wireframed openGL texture mode when painting the hair would make it much easier to see that the hair follicles are being realistically placed.

2) Except for a few boundary situations it's much less error prone to be able to paint hair follicles by selecting polygons and then manually paint/draw the polygons that are boundary situations. 

3) I'm not a fan of how DAZ 3D models have their surfaces laid out - it's OK for toon characters but not for making it easy to paint realistic material sets for different people easily  - it's done in a way that fingerprint patterns are on the same surface as the arm pattern when it'd be more sensible for fingers to have different surfaces for each phalange on the front & back, the scalp area of the head and eyebrow area are other places where different surfaces belong, hair follicles, oil glands, sweat glands and other skin features that give skin it's different characteristics in different parts of the body are not at all taken into account in the DAZ 3D flagship models in the Skin materials Surfaces layouts, and likewise over the entire body the functional adaptions of the skin surfaces is more sensibly handled by creating different surface areas for all that different functionality because the different functionality makes the skin look different in those different areas. 

4) Choose different color paint for different density - OK - I see one can create multiple density maps but I just had a crash bug on that so a fix for that is welcome I've submitted a bug report on the crash resulting from my use of the strand hair feature "multiple density maps"..

5) A way to gradient paint hair strands and mix different color hairs - e.g. salt & pepper hair color - found that is done too already - awesome!

6) Hair strand thickness -  Blonds generally are supposed to have finer hair (not always true for sure) and the Far Eastern folk are supposed to have the thickest hair strands (also not 100% true but generally). - also found it has been done already - awesome!

7) Comb is a good first step but creating hair parts is troublesome -

a) How about a 'wet mode' where the hair lays flat on the head & a part mode whereby we can draw a line (or multiple lines) and the hair parts in opposite directions of the line drawn no combing needed? More practically - selecting a polygon or row of polygons and then creating a new hair styling set would be better.

b) There can be a gather function whereby the hair within an enclosing polygon that we draw or select is pulled up to a flat edge towards the center line of the polygon perpendicular to the surface of the polygon (spiked hairstyle basically like barbers do when cutting hair)

c) or to a point in the middle of the polygon perpendicular from the surface.

d) A "hair lay flat (well at 10 degrees or some named degree of flatness at the follicles) mode" for selected a polygon(s) in the direction of cursor drag to eliminate a lot of ineffective, overlapping, and messy combing.

e) A "curl or wavy" mode then can be applied for X number of waves with the sin wave multiplied by a larger constant for waves and smaller constants for curls at length Y from the hair follicle allowing only the end of the hair to be easily styled for the selected polygon(s). Multiple sine wave functions of varying curl/waviness can be applied to the same set of polygon(s).

f) Alternatively the gathered hair in the polygon can be put into a curler or bobby pin or so on.

g) Here I think creating a skull cap, eyebrow cap, and various body hair caps modeled in sections into small clear polygons that matched the natural layout of human hair on the body and autofit onto different characters as part of the Genesis 8 defaults would be preferable to creating the hair directly on the model surfaces to save as presets. It would be so easy to paint hair if the model surfaces already took human hair distribution patterns into account and created enough surfaces that we'd check the surface we want to paint and paint with two left thumbs for the most part without worrying too much about hairlines because all the new surfaces were created takes those varying hairlines into account for the most part already. If you think about it, if these new surfaces (or a new set of human head & body hair caps that took those characteristic hair surfaces into account) for Genesis 8 were available and a reasonable range of hair density, thickness, & color presets made available painting wouldn't be needed hardly at all - only styling would be needed.

h) A "buzz cut / flat top mode" for selected polygon(s) would be welcome that we could up the hair density and hair thickness higher than for longer styles.

i) Similar to scissors, a way to say that for selected polygon(s) hair should be length X at polygon line I (top) tapering shorter (or possibly longer) to  length Y at polygon J (bottom), and even length Z at polygon K (back) tapering shorter (possibly longer) to length W at polygon L (front) to more accurately taper and style hair cuts although practically speaking hair is usually tapered top to bottom and not back to front..

8) As a owner of the old DAZ 3D Game Content license for DAZ Originals in the DAZ 3D Store I'd like to be able to export this hair as polygon strands (although I'd likely never actually do that for a real game but might for an animation (for which it wouldn't be needed anyway). Mostly conveniently is some sort of Blender compatible format if allowed.

Otherwise from this wishlist I made, I found this new 'strand hair' in DAZ Studio much easier to use than LAMH. I can't speak about Girabaldi as I bought it but never tried it.

I find it renders a very shiny cartoon color but adjusting the different colors available will probably remedy that mostly. Anybody have any color presets yet?

Here is a mediocre hair style I did in about 30 minutes using the new strand hair feature that helped guide me with my thinking as to how it could be improved for users of DAZ Studio. You can see on the hair part the thinness of the hair (I upped the density of the hair to 25). You can see to get a part I combed it too flat. You can see I cut the hair too short on the sides and back and combed it too flat for a hair density of 25. It would be nice to have a setting to say hair can't lay flatter on the head than X degrees at the hair root and that would make realistic styling easier too. A lot of that would be helped by having thicker hair strands and higher density too.   

I have a 3rd Gen intel CPU/integrated intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU laptop and it handles the styling & modeling quite easily. The rendering takes time though but that was already the case.

I'm pretty excited about the ease of styling original hair styles if this strand hair feature is extended like it's possible to extend it.

Strand Hair Test.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    Post edited by nonesuch00 on

barbult said:

Looks great. Is there a way to adjust the thickness of the hair? Looks kinda frizzy / thick.

Also, what happened to her eyebrows? :-P

Yes, the thickness and density of hair can be modified. OOPS on the eyebrows!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited May 2019

I tested and can make a quick wishlist:

1) A wireframed openGL texture mode when painting the hair would make it much easier to see that the hair follicles are being realistically placed.

2) Except for a few boundary situations it's much less error prone to be able to paint hair follicles by selecting polygons and then manually paint/draw the polygons that are boundary situations. 

3) I'm not a fan of how DAZ 3D models have their surfaces laid out - it's OK for toon characters but not for making it easy to paint realistic material sets for different people easily  - it's done in a way that fingerprint patterns are on the same surface as the arm pattern when it'd be more sensible for fingers to have different surfaces for each phalange on the front & back, the scalp area of the head and eyebrow area are other places where different surfaces belong, hair follicles, oil glands, sweat glands and other skin features that give skin it's different characteristics in different parts of the body are not at all taken into account in the DAZ 3D flagship models in the Skin materials Surfaces layouts, and likewise over the entire body the functional adaptions of the skin surfaces is more sensibly handled by creating different surface areas for all that different functionality because the different functionality makes the skin look different in those different areas. 

4) Choose different color paint for different density - OK - I see one can create multiple density maps but I just had a crash bug on that so a fix for that is welcome I've submitted a bug report on the crash resulting from my use of the strand hair feature "multiple density maps"..

5) A way to gradient paint hair strands and mix different color hairs - e.g. salt & pepper hair color

6) Hair strand thickness -  Blonds generally are supposed to have finer hair (not always true for sure) and the Far Eastern folk are supposed to have the thickest hair strands (also not 100% true but generally).

7) Comb is a good first step but creating hair parts is troublesome -

a) How about a 'wet mode' where the hair lays flat on the head & a part mode whereby we can draw a line (or multiple lines) and the hair parts in opposite directions of the line drawn no combing needed? 

b) There can be a gather function whereby the hair within an enclosing polygon that we draw or select is pulled up to a flat edge towards the center line of the polygon perpendicular to the surface of the polygon (spiked hairstyle basically like barbers do when cutting hair)

c) or to a point in the middle of the polygon perpendicular from the surface.

d) A "hair lay flat (well at 10 degrees or some named degree of flatness at the follicles) mode" for selected a polygon(s) in the direction of cursor drag to eliminate a lot of ineffective, overlapping, and messy combing.

e) A "curl or wavy" mode then can be applied for X number of waves with the sin wave multiplied by a larger constant for waves and smaller constants for curls at length Y from the hair follicle allowing only the end of the hair to be easily styled for the selected polygon(s). Multiple sine wave functions of varying curl/waviness can be applied to the same set of polygon(s).

f) Alternatively the gathered hair in the polygon can be put into a curler or bobby pin or so on.

g) Here I think creating a skull cap, eyebrow cap, and various body hair caps modeled in sections into small clear polygons that matched the natural layout of human hair on the body and autofit onto different characters as part of the Genesis 8 defaults would be preferable to creating the hair directly on the model surfaces to save as presets. It would be so easy to paint hair if the model surfaces already took human hair distribution patterns into account and created enough surfaces that we'd check the surface we want to paint and paint with two left thumbs for the most part without worrying too much about hairlines because all the new surfaces were created takes those varying hairlines into account for the most part already. If you think about it, if these new surfaces (or a new set of human head & body hair caps that took those characteristic hair surfaces into account) for Genesis 8 were available and a reasonable range of hair density, thickness, & color presets made available painting wouldn't be needed hardly at all - only styling would be needed.

h) A "buzz cut / flat top mode" for selected polygon(s) would be welcome that we could up the hair density and hair thickness higher than for longer styles.

i) Similar to scissors, a way to say that for selected polygon(s) hair should be length X at polygon line I (top) tapering shorter (or possibly longer) to  length Y at polygon J (bottom), and even length Z at polygon K (back) tapering shorter (possibly longer) to length W at polygon L (front) to more accurately taper and style hair cuts although practically speaking hair is usually tapered top to bottom and not back to front..

8) As a owner of the old DAZ 3D Game Content license for DAZ Originals in the DAZ 3D Store I'd like to be able to export this hair as polygon strands (although I'd likely never actually do that for a real game but might for an animation (for which it wouldn't be needed anyway). Mostly conveniently is some sort of Blender compatible format if allowed.

Otherwise from this wishlist I made, I found this new 'strand hair' in DAZ Studio much easier to use than LAMH. I can't speak about Girabaldi as I bought it but never tried it.

I find it renders a very shiny cartoon color but adjusting the different colors available will probably remedy that mostly. Anybody have any color presets yet?

Here is a mediocre hair style I did in about 30 minutes using the new strand hair feature that helped guide me with my thinking as to how it could be improved for users of DAZ Studio. You can see on the hair part the thinness of the hair (I upped the density of the hair to 25). You can see to get a part I combed it too flat. You can see I cut the hair too short on the sides and back and combed it too flat for a hair density of 25. It would be nice to have a setting to say hair can't lay flatter on the head than X degrees at the hair root and that would make realistic styling easier too. A lot of that would be helped by having thicker hair strands and higher density too.   

I have a 3rd Gen intel CPU/integrated intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU laptop and it handles the styling & modeling quite easily. The rendering takes time though but that was already the case.

I'm pretty excited about the ease of styling original hair styles if this strand hair feature is extended like it's possible to extend it.

Hmm I think I'll stick with Garibaldi for now, as it has most of the things you listed:) Does this thing use its own dedicated shader or can you apply a shader to it? Also can you use hair textures? When I export the GB hair I can choose root to tip UV and then apply regular hair textures if needed.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited May 2019

I feel sorry for all the PAs, now that everybody suddenly makes all these beautiful funky hairstylesdevil

So does it see dFormers and dForce?

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,865

Save it as a scene subset :)

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    I can see one big issue is going to be the scalp and hair follicles in general. Any hair style that shows some scalp it will stand out like a hairy sore thumb. So having some kind of scalp texture in place is probably a must. (Sounds like a new product possibility to me, a collection of various scalp textures just for this dforce hair, all organized by density, style, and color, plus matching presets to color the hair strands.) Also all the hair just looks too thick and it is spaced too far apart. Perhaps this could be used to compliment existing hairs if the colors can be matched well enough.

With that in mind, I don't think PAs who specialize in hair have anything to worry about just yet. It might even serve as a new toy for them.

Until this gets figured out it might actually serve animals better and furry objects better. I wonder how well it grows grass.

Performance is another concern. Dforce is slow. You load this hair, you probably have a dforce outfit, and maybe you want more than one person in the scene. You could have a pile of hints to simulate, and that could be a while, especially if you need to simulate from the base pose. This adds up fast.

I edited my render above to fix the missing eyebrows and make the hair less dense. (Thank you for your observations, @Leonides02)