dForce Hair (as well as strand based hair and the strand based hair editor) in public beta

In case you haven't seen it yet, here's a peek at what's in today's public beta.  Grow (and style) hair wherever you want (it makes good grass and fur too :) with the new Strand Based hair editor.  Also, run your fingers through some dForce hair and play around with tweakign and tuning its parameters to create different looks.

More to come soon... We've got a lot fo things planned for this year.

Public Beta thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/326831

dForce and Strand Hair demo video: https://youtu.be/tVJygQqpi10

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,014

Nice video, looks like really interesting new toys :)

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    Oh my god yesssssssss
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited May 2019

The video sort-of implies that this renders in 3Delight, but briefly mentions something about using Iray shaders too. Does that mean that it will work natively in Iray?

ETA: I'm asking about the strand hair, rather than the dForce.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    It has an iray shader I would assume it will render in iray. Hopefully octane render will be able to support this as well.
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure beta-testers like me are going to break this for you, time and again. (Isn't that what beta testers are for?) But I am so excited to have the opportunity to play with this feature.

dForce hair. Native to Daz Studio. Holy Freakin' Moly!
    heartheartheartheartheart

MelanieL said:

The video sort-of implies that this renders in 3Delight, but briefly mentions something about using Iray shaders too. Does that mean that it will work natively in Iray?

From what I understand yes, there are simply some settings specific to 3DL in the setup window.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686

My only question how is about iray.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited May 2019

Yes so good to see this.

After a quick play it looks as if it may based of Garibaldi the UI certainly looks similar and the proces seems the same to me, which for me was very intuitive. 

Yes it renders in Iray without any exporting.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

It totally works in Iray.

I have Big Plans (tm); fur has been my holy grail for years...

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757
    edited May 2019

Yow!  Fun times ahead and a major game changer for body hair and fur!  I just hope a a few PAs are already starting to make some pre-built hair for those of us who can't even comb our own hair properly. :)  (and a conversion tool for existing strand base hair would be pretty nifty, if possible.) 

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Thank you for this, Daz. What a nice surprise!

DAZ_Steve said:

Please say that we're finally getting multiple collisions and soft body dynamics... 

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Isn't this LAMH made native? All the screens remind me of LAMH and that just makes me sad. I have never been able to get the hang of that.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796

Isn't this LAMH made native? All the screens remind me of LAMH and that just makes me sad. I have never been able to get the hang of that.

I believe by the UI it is Garibaldi but it would be nice if LAMH could work with it too but I guess that’s up to AM and Kendell

I need to close DS4.11 so I can update it to find this new tool.

Oso3D said:

Should I insert a "Furry" comment here? devil 

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,476

In my opinion that's a very nice step forward. Bravo DAZ team.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

I believe by the UI it is Garibaldi but it would be nice if LAMH could work with it too but I guess that’s up to AM and Kendell

I haven't looked at either UI in a while, you may be right.  Garibaldi was a little easier, but... neither has ever been particularly stable for me.

Argh... "New Strand Based Hair action (Linked documentation is in progress.), Edit Strand based Hair Action (linked documentation is in progress.)"  That's just cruel, DAZ.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

My only question how is about iray.

Shader Presets/Strand-based Hair

There is a 3DL shader in there and an Iray shader. I'm not getting much from the Iray shader but I have had a long day and could sleep standing up on a clothes line. Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Strand Based Hair UI look very similar to Garibaldi UI which is nice for us that have the plug-in. 

I cannot get DIM loaded right now so I cannot test it out at this moment.  I am hoping the DIM problem I have now is partly due to the fact I am not using a strong internet connection.  I am not home which explains that but once I am home hopefully I can get DIM to work properly.

• jimmyzpopjimmyzpop Posts: 116

Yes! Love this!

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited May 2019
    Cybersox said:
    DAZ_Steve said:

Please say that we're finally getting multiple collisions and soft body dynamics... 

+1

Yes please! multiple collisions and soft body dynamics in "REALTIME" ???? without slow calculations...
    And please a workable IK system for the animators, solve the SHAKY FEETS

Waiting since 2011 to see this happen & solved.

Or make daz gen 8 models more user friendly to import/export to AKEYTSU animators tool...

Post edited by Fixme12 on
  • LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

This is very cool, thank you!! :D

Rob said in the beta thread that it was an evolution of Garibaldi Express (heavily reworked / rewritten to integrate it in DS and with other DS tools).

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    Leana said:

Rob said in the beta thread that it was an evolution of Garibaldi Express (heavily reworked / rewritten to integrate it in DS and with other DS tools).

arr I missed both of those posts. DOH!

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    edited May 2019

W-w-w-what? But this is amazing! Why aren’t more people going bananas for this announcement?

The only thing a little unclear to me was whether we are able to use existing hair is with us using the D-force tool?

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • twitchewtwitchew Posts: 123
    Oso3D said:

i am going to buy the heck out of what you make! (i have some lycanthropes and felines that really could use some nice coats.if you find some formulas please share

W-w-w-what? But this is amazing! Why aren’t more people going bananas for this announcement?

The only thing a little unclear to me was whether we are able to use existing hair is with us using the D4 stool?

I am going peaches over it.  Or maybe mangoes once I can get home.