Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Voluptuous stone lady. I need to buy some the Fantsy Castle Grounds for $1.99 from the Platinum Club store. I might buy some more castle related items for $1.99. All I have is the old castle set that isn't in the store any more.

Hmm, interesting,

The dress doesn't really scream fantasy castle either, something along the lines of the Aphrodite Kalypglos would work better.

CHEERS!

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited October 2013

I discovered that I have Fantasy Castle 2011 - Castle Keep. I'll go look for a fantasy outfit too.

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't mind some stuff like that, I've just recently got into Game of Thrones, so any castle stuff would be cool.

SAV has also done morphs of a few of the characters fro Gen 4 which will be worth tracking down.

CHEERS!

edited October 2013

i have an easy question. Is velvet supposed to be shiny? Or should I adjust the shader settings or my lights? I was just playing around with clothes and shaders for Daz Studio 4.6. I can render a closeup after I eat lunch.

Items used:
    Genesis 2
    Josie 6 shape
    Lisa texture
    Cheerleader for Genesis 2
    Velvety Print Shaders

Lisa_6_Velvet.jpg
    414 x 576 - 76K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited October 2013

...have the Fantasy Castle, Blenworth, Swedish Castle, and Castle Creator kit. The latter, handy for when the kids go roaming about the countryside.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

i have an easy question. Is velvet supposed to be shiny? Or should I adjust the shader settings or my lights? I was just playing around with clothes and shaders for Daz Studio 4.6. I can render a closeup after I eat lunch.

Items used:
    Genesis 2
    Josie 6 shape
    Lisa texture
    Cheerleader for Genesis 2
    Velvety Print Shaders

I wouldn't say it was fully shiny, but, there is something to it, look at the hide on a horse, that's the sort of thing to aim for.

CHEERS!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited October 2013

Rogerbee said:

Great looking render,

It has a Chris Achilleos feel to it, something I've always admired.

CHEERS!

Thanks
    I feel kinda dumb for having to google the name, because then i saw who it was and was like oh yeah duh, lol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway just finished this up today. ,I was playing around with the camera on a scene i had done to , well just play around with teh camera, and liked what i saw so went ahead and decided to do something with the picture.

asylum-jpg-sm.jpg
    1414 x 1999 - 898K
    Post edited by DireBunny on
    edited December 1969

That looks brilliant,

This one reminds me of PS3 game shots. Elfguy used to get something similar with his renders, but he did them in Vue.

CHEERS!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

thanks.

I miss elfguy posting, i always looked forward to the star wars renders he did those were always pretty cool.

edited December 1969

Yeah, me too,

He was mainly why I got Vue. Thing is, it bridges with Poser and not DS so I don't use it now, actually, I don't think I've ever used it. I know Bryce bridges with DS, but, the current version is only 32 bit and supposedly slow. There's been no word whatsoever about there being a Bryce 8 in development. There is Carrara I suppose, but that is way more expensive than Bryce is.

CHEERS!

edited October 2013

Velvet shader on Evening Gown. The dress is not shiny, but the skin is poking through. I think the velvet shader changed one of the dress's setting. Changing the collision settings doesn't remove the poke-through. Hmm. Maybe I need to try applying the shader without removing the original texture.

Josie_poke_through.jpg
    431 x 576 - 73K
    edited December 1969

Not sure on that one, it's not something I've experienced before.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

yes, t'is an odd problem with a solution that I cannot find. I seem to have better luck with the velvet shader on clothes for Genesis 1 on Genesis 1. The poke-through is more noticeable on Genesis 2. Let me try the velvet shader on some clothing for older generations.

edited December 1969

Is there a Poke-Away for Gen 2 yet?

That might be a solution.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Here's one for Luxus/Reality users, LuxRender 1.3 is out:

http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/standalone

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

I don't think there is. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I need to find some more clothes for Laura. lol I'll do that later.

Laura_bear.jpg
    516 x 610 - 197K
    edited December 1969

Yeah, that might be an idea. I don't recall ever having had Luke or Laura, the only teen I have is Josie.

That's either one friendly polar bear or one brave kid!

CHEERS!

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

There is now.

http://www.daz3d.com/pc-anniversary-sale-week-4/poke-away2-for-genesis-2-female-s

edited December 1969

Cool,

Didn't see that this morning. Might be worth picking up.

CHEERS!

edited October 2013

scene is a bit dark. at least I the scene has shadows. I set the shader rate to 1.0 and the number of shadow samples to 2 instead of 16. I need to add another light or three. The main spotlight is over Stephanie Petite right below the ceiling.

I also need to scale the cat to 50%. lol

stephanie_cat.jpg
    516 x 610 - 75K
    edited December 1969

Looking good so far, is this still DS3?

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited October 2013

...yeah, that's definitely a big kitty. I usually use 45 - 50% (never understood why it loads so large compared to other characters).

As to extra lights, Not sure what your rig's capacity is for handling UE as it tends to be processor and memory intensive during rendering.

In lieu of that, I'd suggest a Distant light behind the camera with no shadows at low intensity (say about 20%) to provide Ambient lighting, and one off to each side (10 - 12% darker blue) with no shadow to provide a little rim lighting. Colours of these lights depend on the overall effect you are looking to achieve (warm, cool, or neutral).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

yes, most of my renders are in Daz Studio 3. I should post which software I am using. I will play with the lights later. Thanks for the tips. My computer is like a single-core 2 GHz Celeron. I might use an uber area light to see how long a scene will take to render. o.k., bye

edited December 1969

Ouch! I'm surprised you can run it at all. What sort of anti virus software are you running? With what you have you absolutely need something that will use as little memory as possible. I would use Windows Security Essentials. Celerons have no cache and run fast or slow depending on hard disk space and memory resources. Essentially they are the wrong processor to have if you are using anything that is memory intensive.

Good luck

CHEERS!

edited October 2013

i took a look at the CPU specifications. It has about 512 KB of L1 and L2 cache. The newer 2.6 GHz dual-core Celerons have 2 MB of cache. I use AVG antivirus. I do have 2 gigabytes of memory but only 512 MB of video memory. I will run out of video memory before I run out of system ram.

I'll try to create similar scenes in Daz Studio and Poser to see which program uses the most memory. I'm going to play with some lights now. Bye

edited October 2013

Ruh roh,

AVG is a bit of a no no, especially for systems with as little RAM as you have. AVG will use nearly all of that 2gb, the link scanner will always rob you of all your performance. You'll have to get rid of it and run Microsoft Security Essentials instead, it uses way less memory. Your system will thank you for it!

Render times will come down...

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited October 2013

update on my winter render. Laura pets a polar bear in Daz Studio 3. I'm not suggesting that anyone approach wild animals in the arctic. lol

edit - opps, wrong file

edit 2 - I found the new file with the shadows

Polar_bear_Laura.jpg
    516 x 610 - 227K
    edited December 1969

Nice,

I suspect she's feeding him Fox's Glacier Mints.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

i will uninstall AVG antivirus soon. i'm using my friend's netbook. AVG has been using 95% of the CPU for the past 10 minutes. I'm sure Windows Update is not using the CPU. ugg... The temperature of the processor is hot and not decreasing.

edited December 1969

My fan is running like a good 'un too,

It's scary how much of your resources AVG uses, the 'link scanner' scans absolutely everything, if you find a program slow to start it's the link scanner scanning it that slows it down. Then, always when you're in the middle of something else memory intensive, it chimes in to do an update or a scan.

If you have Windows 7 then Microsoft Security Essentials will do, if you have 8 then just use the Windows Defender that it comes with. I've used both and everything has run just fine. Most AV programs that come pre-installed with PC's and laptops are full of bloatware and just bog your system down. Microsoft built the OS and provide you with the means to protect it. Manufacturer software is also needless, you do have to wait till your warranty runs out to get rid of it though, otherwise the warranty is invalidated.

You other folks might not think that this has much to do with DS or renders, BUT, if you're finding either slow it could be the above which is causing it

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.