Realistic Neko Ears (Male/Female)

I'm missing something like "realistic" catgirl/catguy ears as geografts or as hair on the shop. They should display actual ears not accessoires/headwear.

https://img06.deviantart.net/fb9f/i/2015/038/4/6/commission__catgirl_by_neidii-d85lsw3.jpg

Comments

• fireblastfireblast Posts: 35

I would like this as well.

• EthinEthin Posts: 973
    edited May 2019

Same here.

It might even be something that could be accomplished with just an add-on for Thistle's ears. I don't own Thistle though so I don't actually know what there is to work with there.

Maybe a morph to make them more realistic, add interior details with displacement, realistic textures and a LAMH preset or fiber mesh.

Post edited by Ethin on
  • MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 958

I have wishlisted Thistle, just for the neko ears.  A couple of different styles would be awesome - with realistic fur, animal-ear details and transparency maps, which even the Daz dog & cat don't have.  I'd use good neko ears on them, if I could manage it :-)

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751

Ooh, yes please!. Right now I only have some old Poser ones for M4/V4, some new sets for Daz G3 & G8 figures would be very welcome.

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 414

RAMworks has a morph for ears on top of a character's head. Simply transfer it to the Genesis version you want and then use Thistle's morph's to sculpt the shape.

The Thistle ears are conforming, not a morph.

Thistle comes with ear morphs, though, that can be used to change the ear shape.

edited May 2019

Thistle comes with ear morphs, though, that can be used to change the ear shape.

Yes, but I don't use that iteration of Genesis, so I would personally prefer a set I could adjust to fit any character. :-)  Someone in a different thread said that the ears were a separate object, which is why I wishlisted them.  Is that not accurate?  I will take them off my wishlist if the ears are just a G8 morph.

... no, they are conforming.  Whew!  Still hope for anime pics for my weebo kids!

Post edited by Misselthwaite on

Yes, but I don't use that iteration of Genesis, so I would personally prefer a set I could adjust to fit any character. :-)  Someone in a different thread said that the ears were a separate object, which is why I wishlisted them.  Is that not accurate?  I will take them off my wishlist if the ears are just a G8 morph.

... no, they are conforming.  Whew!  Still hope for anime pics for my weebo kids!

There are two types of ears that come with Thistle. Ones are props, others are morphs.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

The prop ears look good on a cartoonish figure but don't work out so well on a more realistic person.

Honestly, and sadly, the best "Realistic" ears we have are still this:

https://www.daz3d.com/anime-kitten-hair-for-genesis-2-female-s

The prop ears look good on a cartoonish figure but don't work out so well on a more realistic person.

...surprise

I don't think that's really an improvement.

Maybe someone clever could take the Thistle or the Prae KittyCat and make an LAMH set for it... that would be a start.  Maybe something could be done with the textures to give it more internal detail?

...surprise

I don't think that's really an improvement.

Maybe someone clever could take the Thistle or the Prae KittyCat and make an LAMH set for it... that would be a start.  Maybe something could be done with the textures to give it more internal detail?

There's a reason I said "sadly".

The Textureing on that hair is rather terrible by modern standards and would need a full re-texture to really be up to snuff.

The Textureing on that hair is rather terrible by modern standards and would need a full re-texture to really be up to snuff.

I don't think retexturing is going to help - the ears are just bends of hair.  That's not realistic - that's a lot of hair-spray! ;-)

I don't think retexturing is going to help - the ears are just bends of hair.  That's not realistic - that's a lot of hair-spray! ;-)

They're their own mesh, not designed in strands like the hair. Texture work could save it.

Well, that's three options, then... all in need of hefty retexturing.  I think we're back to the OP's cry for realistic ears! :-)

Using RAM's fantasy ear morph transferred to G3M and some of G3M's ear morphs, I made this;

https://i.imgur.com/kq76u8R.png

So yes, realistic cat ears are possible.

• surodysurody Posts: 261

Using RAM's fantasy ear morph transferred to G3M and some of G3M's ear morphs, I made this;

It's about the end result. I tried the same but the head deforms too much and there's also issues when you apply hair (I know that you have to remove the ear morph from the hair, but I mean different things).

This would work maybe now with what little I've read about the new hair creation in the Daz beta?  Though I don't use g3, so it wouldn't work for me.  I would still prefer an add-on that had a separate texture zone, so it would be easier to change colours, and not be reliant on specific morphs, and less reliant on having the specific figure. YMMV.

Well, that's three options, then... all in need of hefty retexturing.  I think we're back to the OP's cry for realistic ears! :-)

Not disagreeing. Just pointing out the options.

Not disagreeing. Just pointing out the options.

No, totally agree with options :-)  Just wish someone had charged out of the woodwork with a total save - it happens :-) ( I was looking for spinal hair... and someone provided a link to the perfect freebie!)  I'm surprised at the lack of anime-style options at Daz... but maybe it isn't a big thing with most people?  I live an anime-saturated life, so I just figured there'd be lots of anime-inspired bits floating around.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

I wonder what one could do with LAMH and the ear props from Melody 2.0.

• surodysurody Posts: 261
    Petercat said:

I wonder what one could do with LAMH and the ear props from Melody 2.0.

I'll be honest with you. LAMH is pretty much redundant with the arrival of the strand based hair creator Daz implemented in the newest beta. I already tried it and I got some pretty good results after a couple minutes. LAMH is instable and much slower to work with. Besides that the fur by the Daz integrated tool is way more performant and you can animate with it.

• Neko1967Neko1967 Posts: 45

I am still looking for ears I can attach to my charcters.   If I knew how to do more I would take the ears from https://www.daz3d.com/osodreamers-felinefolk-bundle  and make them seperate so I could attach them to my human characers

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,570

Neko1967 said:

I am still looking for ears I can attach to my charcters.   If I knew how to do more I would take the ears from https://www.daz3d.com/osodreamers-felinefolk-bundle  and make them seperate so I could attach them to my human characers

You can do that with the ears from Foxy Lady With dForce Hair for Genesis 8 Female. They are separate anatomy items and can be textured independantly of the figure's skin - as this is presumably not an intended use the materials will not blend well but then if you are applying full hair as per the image in the original post then that won't matter. The tricky bit will be finding a hair that you can pose and shift around the ears so that it does not appear to clip through the ears.

I had a quick go but there were a few stubborn strands that are still clipping so would need more work or a different hair.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

Kiko and Kota have ear morphs (and fur) that are independent of the character morphs, and can thus be applied to any character.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024
    edited August 2023

Here's Aniyah wearing Jada's skin and Oso's textured hair, with Kiko ears and ear fur.

Aniyko.png
    1600 x 900 - 773K
    Post edited by Gordig on