DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.0.18 General Release, Now Available!

1141516171820»

Comments

• assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is there an issue with the Zbrush plug-in?

Because I can send my figure to zbrush through Daz, morph it, send it back...save it....BUT, the morphs aren't saving

They DO save, but they're not showing up or anything

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

Yes, wasn't this mentioned in one of your other threads? Export as OBJ from ZBrush and use Morph Loader Pro to load the morph for now.

edited December 1969

Yes

But seeing as it's a bug, when will it be fixed? This release is what? 3-4 months old, and a basic work-flow ins't working, but worked before. Isn't something they should what to fix

• lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

About "Goz for Daz Studio" and " 3d Bridge for Photoshop" plugins
    My Daz Studio version corrently installed is "4.6.0.18". In my download list I have a link to Daz Studio beta pro version "4.6.0.81". I did not install it jet,
    I would like to wait a little more, keep working with "4.6.0.18" to make my life a little easier cause I'm a beginner and I prefer do not use beta ones, I already get so many thing to learn, problem to deal with, etc.

What I would like to ask: in my download list I have "Goz for Daz Studio" and "3d Bridge for Photoshop" plugins, 2 different downloads:

"Goz for Daz Studio" and " 3d Bridge for Photoshop", both of them dated 4 Aug, 2013 so, as date shows, they are the most recent ones. However they refer to Daz Studio 4.5 version, If I understood well they dont work with Daz Studio 4.6.

Then I have other 2 downloads still "Goz for Daz Studio" and " 3d Bridge for Photoshop" , both of them
    listed as BETA, dated 17 Sep, 2012 , the only info that comes with says:
    Public Beta : "GoZ for DAZ Studio" or "Photoshop 3D Bridge" for DAZ Studio 4.5+

That + sign, "4.5+" does it means that both versions are working with Daz Studio Pro 4.5 and up so they work with "4.6.0.18" too?
    Thanks a lot and sorry for my silly qiuestion!

Post edited by lannabulls on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Yes

But seeing as it's a bug, when will it be fixed? This release is what? 3-4 months old, and a basic work-flow ins't working, but worked before. Isn't something they should what to fix

It may be a bug with the bridge as opposed to DS itself, which will require a separate update.
    edited December 1969

That + sign, "4.5+" does it means that both versions are working with Daz Studio Pro 4.5 and up so they work with "4.6.0.18" too?

It's meant to work with Daz 4.6, too. They said they didn't change anything to effect plug-ins. But The Zbrush has a bug and morphs won't save without doing it the hard way. Which has put my work on hold until it gets fixed
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2013

The Photoshop bridge works with 4.6. The caveat is all 3 have to be ran in the same bit, ie ds/ps/bridge in 32bit or all in 64bit. I also take caution to install things like bridges/plugins the usual manual method versus installing through DIM.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

Then I have other 2 downloads still "Goz for Daz Studio" and " 3d Bridge for Photoshop" , both of them

These are the Plugins for the DS4.6 Beta only. Do not install them for the current Full version of DS4.6. We all got the Beta and all the plugins for it in our Downloads if we have DS4.6 in our downloads.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited September 2013

About "Goz for Daz Studio" and " 3d Bridge for Photoshop" plugins
    My Daz Studio version corrently installed is "4.6.0.18". In my download list I have a link to Daz Studio beta pro version "4.6.0.81". I did not install it jet,
    I would like to wait a little more, keep working with "4.6.0.18" to make my life a little easier cause I'm a beginner and I prefer do not use beta ones, I already get so many thing to learn, problem to deal with, etc.

What I would like to ask: in my download list I have "Goz for Daz Studio" and "3d Bridge for Photoshop" plugins, 2 different downloads:

"Goz for Daz Studio" and " 3d Bridge for Photoshop", both of them dated 4 Aug, 2013 so, as date shows, they are the most recent ones. However they refer to Daz Studio 4.5 version, If I understood well they dont work with Daz Studio 4.6.

The Public Beta exists nicely side by side with the Release version (4.6.0.18). The SDK has not changed so versions of plug-ins that work in 4.5.0.114 or later work in DS 4.6.0.18, and the public beta. Note there is an issue with the Bryce and Photoshop Bridges, that we are currently working on in the Beta. Looking at Go-Z, to the best of my knowledge, it is more likely something on Pixologic's end, but we have been looking at it. (That one works here, but we have had a couple of people say they had an issue, unfortunately the issues we have come across stem from the way Z-Brush updates.)

The Beta version of the plug-ins is for the beta version of DS. This way your release version will continue to work. The Beta Version and the Release version do not share plug-ins or preferences (Intentionally) so the beta will not mess up your release version.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Actually, I'm not sure how to install plugins into the beta...for example, I have GenX and Reality, but it's unclear to me how to get them re-installed in the beta's application directory. (Mac user.)

So when I've been GenX'ing stuff, I've been launching the prior version, not the beta.

I'd love to change my workflow over entirely, modulo one 3Delight crashing bug that I've heard will be fixed in an upcoming version.

-- Morgan

• lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot Moderators and everybody for you help!
    So If I understood well for users that are still working with release version “4.6.0.18”, we must install
    “Goz for Daz Studio” and ” 3d Bridge for Photoshop”, the one dated 4 Aug, 2013,
    thanks!

• vithoralbertimvithoralbertim Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Hi!
    I downloaded and installed the DAZ 4.6 manually and it worked fine, but I can't find the installer of the genesis starter essentials. Someone knows where it is?

PS. Sorry for the bad english.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Hi!
    I downloaded and installed the DAZ 4.6 manually and it worked fine, but I can't find the installer of the genesis starter essentials. Someone knows where it is?

PS. Sorry for the bad english.

You should be able to download it by searching for "Genesis Starter Essentials" in your Product Library from the DAZ website. I'm not sure about the DIM version, but the manual download is zip files, so there isn't an executable installer program to run; you just put it in a mapped content folder.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited December 1969

It just comes up Genesis Starter Essentials for DIM as well. Genesis 2 comes up Genesis 2 Starter Essentials

edited December 1969

Thanks for the answers Sean and Frank!

I was following this tutorial:
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/21391331-How-to-Download-and-Install-DAZ-Studio-4-Windows-

I'm looking in the forum the place where I should put the ZIP files. Someone knows where it is? I use win7-64.

DAZ4.5 was waaaay easier to install...

PS. Sorry for my english.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited October 2013

I'm assuming you mean where do I install to. If your using the default location for DIM then it would be C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library. If your not using DIM then it would be Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/21391331-How-to-Download-and-Install-DAZ-Studio-4-Windows-

I'm looking in the forum the place where I should put the ZIP files. Someone knows where it is? I use win7-64.

I can give you only partial instructions for the manual installation, which is harder than just using DIM, at least after DIM is set up:
    If you want multiple runtimes, create a new folder anywhere, call it anything. for example, I called mine "C:\sean\3D graphics\objects\Genesis Starter Essentials".
    Unzip all the zip files you want (there were 2 for this product last time I downloaded them) into some temporary folder, and note that it will create a subfolder called Content alongside a file called Manifest.dsx . Copy the folders and files that are WITHIN the Content folder into the new folder you created in the step above. You can then delete the now-empty Content folder and if you are not using DIM, you can also delete the Manifest.dsx file, which is only used by DIM.
    Map the folder you created as both Poser and DAZ Studio content if not already done: In the Content Library tab, click on the menu icon in the upper corner and select "Content Directory Manager" from the menu. Click on "DAZ Studio Formats", then click on the Add button, and browse to the folder you created above. Repeat with "Poser Formats: selected. Back in the menu, select "Scan known directories for files".

If you want a single runtime and already have it mapped, then you'll have to merge all files and folders from these zips into the corresponding locations in your existing runtime, and won't need to map any new folders. Unzipping into a folder will I think automatically merge them, but since you aren't moving files around, you'll have to make sure you are unzipping into and also have the correct folder mapped.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I'm assuming you mean where do I install to. If your using the default location for DIM then it would be C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library. If your not using DIM then it would be Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

Thanks Frank!

I carefully copied the files to My Library and re-imported the meta data. Looks like everything is working as it should!

Thank you so much dude!
    :)

edited December 1969

I can give you only partial instructions for the manual installation, which is harder than just using DIM, at least after DIM is set up:
    If you want multiple runtimes, create a new folder anywhere, call it anything. for example, I called mine "C:\sean\3D graphics\objects\Genesis Starter Essentials".
    Unzip all the zip files you want (there were 2 for this product last time I downloaded them) into some temporary folder, and note that it will create a subfolder called Content alongside a file called Manifest.dsx . Copy the folders and files that are WITHIN the Content folder into the new folder you created in the step above. You can then delete the now-empty Content folder and if you are not using DIM, you can also delete the Manifest.dsx file, which is only used by DIM.
    Map the folder you created as both Poser and DAZ Studio content if not already done: In the Content Library tab, click on the menu icon in the upper corner and select "Content Directory Manager" from the menu. Click on "DAZ Studio Formats", then click on the Add button, and browse to the folder you created above. Repeat with "Poser Formats: selected. Back in the menu, select "Scan known directories for files".

If you want a single runtime and already have it mapped, then you'll have to merge all files and folders from these zips into the corresponding locations in your existing runtime, and won't need to map any new folders. Unzipping into a folder will I think automatically merge them, but since you aren't moving files around, you'll have to make sure you are unzipping into and also have the correct folder mapped.

Thanks Sean!

I did the way you said in the last paragraph.

Next time I will create a folder and try the first method. Looks a lot easier than copy folder by folder without override anything.

You rocks dude!
    :)

edited December 1969

Next time I will create a folder and try the first method. Looks a lot easier than copy folder by folder without override anything.

Note that if a single product contains multiple zip files, when you unzip both to the same originally empty folder there often will be duplicate and seemingly conflicting filenames. However I have been told that they are in fact identical (within that single product), so you can just select the option to overwrite one of the files with the other without fear of loosing anything.