Vertices Ghost Lines

handyman4545handyman4545 Posts: 399
edited May 2019 in Hexagon Discussion

Frustrating...
Now I have a new issue.
The most frustrating aspect about these issues is that there is no way to research them for correction other than to post them here.
The suport lit is a major disapointment and tech support is woefully slow (days) in responding even in the auto message mode and then slow (more days) to actually give back a response and most of the time they want a friggin video. Really?

Anyway...
Somehow I have apparently adjusted something that has set the screen as shown.
All the verticies are "soft linked" so that any change to them is reflected globally.
I have spent 20 minutes exploring the commands and pushing buttons fruitlessly.

I want the corners of the poly to be chamfered at 0.5 and the corners of the pass through at 0.075
Having set up the verticies for the pass through and "bridged the opening, I chamfered the opening to 0.075

Upon completion of this step, the screen changes and all the verticy lines now apear in ghost white (as opposed to previously black) and all the points appear.

Now, selecting the new corner verticy, "Chamfer" and 0.5 and every chamfer previously established changes to the new size even though no other verticy was selected.

In addition, the ghost lines do not follow the actual item.
I'm trying to draw in the top panel shown below and the selection is a right angel product despite the chamfered edges.

I'm at a complete stand still at this time till I figure this stupid problem out.

What did I do and how do I retun to normal?

Post edited by handyman4545 on

Comments

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210
    Most of what you said is beyond my skillset. I have had problems with Hex chamfering more than I wanted it to. I never did figure out a solution, I just used Extract Edge instead. I hope there is a solution, though, chamfer would be a lot more useful.
  • handyman4545handyman4545 Posts: 399
    edited May 2019

The odd part is that I have been using chamfer for a long time and never seen this occure in the past.

Whatever it is, it's in the global parameters of the program.
    It happens to anything I open now.

Dead friggin stop!

It would be nice if someone had had the presence of mind to include some type of report window on what settings are currently in use or for that matter, return all the settings back to default on close.
    I finally got it back under control by going into Edit / Preference Editer and selecting the "Reset all preferences to default" option.

Pisses me off that I have to go and reinstall all my personalized settings now but at least I have control back and the program is usable again.

Just goes to prove how stupidly smart programers are. [chuckles]

Capture.JPG
    1579 x 848 - 131K
    Post edited by handyman4545 on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Yeah, that happens when you switch on Full Dynamic Geometry and don't switch back to Restricted.

• ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375

Frustrating...
    Now I have a new issue.
    The most frustrating aspect about these issues is that there is no way to research them for correction other than to post them here.
    The suport lit is a major disapointment and tech support is woefully slow (days) in responding even in the auto message mode and then slow (more days) to actually give back a response and most of the time they want a friggin video. Really?

Anyway...
    Somehow I have apparently adjusted something that has set the screen as shown.
    All the verticies are "soft linked" so that any change to them is reflected globally.
    I have spent 20 minutes exploring the commands and pushing buttons fruitlessly.

I want the corners of the poly to be chamfered at 0.5 and the corners of the pass through at 0.075
    Having set up the verticies for the pass through and "bridged the opening, I chamfered the opening to 0.075

Upon completion of this step, the screen changes and all the verticy lines now apear in ghost white (as opposed to previously black) and all the points appear.

Now, selecting the new corner verticy, "Chamfer" and 0.5 and every chamfer previously established changes to the new size even though no other verticy was selected.

In addition, the ghost lines do not follow the actual item.
    I'm trying to draw in the top panel shown below and the selection is a right angel product despite the chamfered edges.

I'm at a complete stand still at this time till I figure this stupid problem out.

What did I do and how do I retun to normal?

You want to use vocabulary and nomenclature that is used by both 3D modelers and developers when asking for help. Pictures out of context won't show what the problems really are. Best practice is to describe step by step how to reproduce the problem, or provide a YouTube video link to watch the problem occur.

• MaxHancockMaxHancock Posts: 226

I've never seen this problem before, but I'm on the Mac version. A video would really help us to see what might be going on.   On the current Mac version, there's a bug when chamfering vertices, and collapsing the DG after that procedure.