GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

I haven't had much luck finding a laurel wreath - the kind a Roman Emperor might wear, or a little boy dressed as Nero for Halloween. :D

It would be great if it is, or could be, colored metallic gold. (Sometimes leaves are made on flat surfaces with trans maps, so you can't use shaders on that kind of leaf unless you want squares instead of leaves.) However, natural leaves are okay.

I can't do postwork on the pic, because it's for the freebie contest, so it has to be right as it is.

Thanks!

Would this work for you Tallulahdahling? It is at Faeriewylde so you have to be a member. It is free and you can use shaders on it.
    http://www.faeriewylde.com/FW4/index.php?topic=500.0
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

I haven't had much luck finding a laurel wreath - the kind a Roman Emperor might wear, or a little boy dressed as Nero for Halloween. :D

It would be great if it is, or could be, colored metallic gold. (Sometimes leaves are made on flat surfaces with trans maps, so you can't use shaders on that kind of leaf unless you want squares instead of leaves.) However, natural leaves are okay.

I can't do postwork on the pic, because it's for the freebie contest, so it has to be right as it is.

Thanks!

I've found that you can indeed use shaders on props and garments which use Trans maps, and bump /Displacement maps. The trick is to reapply those maps through the Surfaces tab after applying the shader.
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the cow skull suggestions! I found what I was looking for, thanks!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited December 1969

Are there any clothing piles around, e.g. usually found on the floor in front of the washing machine, ready to be washed?

edited December 1969

Are there any clothing piles around, e.g. usually found on the floor in front of the washing machine, ready to be washed?

14th down
    http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_13.htm
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I do have that tho. I have to say that when I do my washing, it's a pile and not nicely separated like that :)

edited October 2013

Thank you. I do have that tho. I have to say that when I do my washing, it's a pile and not nicely separated like that :)

Well if you are adventurous then this file has a great piled up bathrobe but you will have to bring it into carrara, hexagon or something similar to seperate the pile from the rest of the bathrobes in the scene.

Also this category at archive3d has some crumpled up towels and such. all in 3ds format so you would have to fiddle with them as well.

The only other suggestion I have is to take the Optitex dynamic clothing and drape them over various shapes to get your pile of clothing that way.

Links removed due to doubts about some content on those sites.

So Doc looks like you can't use archive3d any more so my suggestion about using dynamic is the only route so I played around with a few items and came up with this idea. I put a sphere on a plane added Adam's clothing and then added the dynamic clothing and had it collide with all and set internal pressure of 1.0. See picture below:

Render_10.jpg
    800 x 800 - 332K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

You could combine it with Gerald Day's dropped clothes...
    http://fast3d.co.uk/drop/drop.htm
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Both the Pile of Clothes and Dropped Clothes are very cools sets. What would be even cooler is if there was a set that could actually turn other clothes (sets normally worn by a given figure —such as Genesis or V4) into "dropped clothes" with all of the folds and wrinkles included. While flattening the garments, and posing the joints works in a pinch, it doesn't have the same look as actual "dropped clothes" and doesn't provide all the right folds. This is something that would be very usefull for characters who have "signature outfits" or in sequential art where a couple have been start out wearing a particular set of outfits, and are later shown undressed with those same garments discarded on the floor.

• TallulahdahlingTallulahdahling Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Thanks!

Would this work for you Tallulahdahling? It is at Faeriewylde so you have to be a member. It is free and you can use shaders on it.

Thank you, DollyGirl. I wasn't registered there, so I'll get a look at it once they've approved my registration.

edited December 1969

Thanks!

I've found that you can indeed use shaders on props and garments which use Trans maps, and bump /Displacement maps. The trick is to reapply those maps through the Surfaces tab after applying the shader.

Ah! Of course! Thanks for the tip, Tramp. It was so obvious, I looked right past it!

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Thanks!

Okay, my registration has been approved and I've looked at the wreath. I think it will work just fine, and thank you very much! :)

edited December 1969

Well, dang!

I downloaded the head-wreath and gilded it, and it's just the thing, so now the picture is all ready to render! But now I realize that I have one paid item too many to enter the monthly freebie contest. I'm using both Genesis and Genesis 2 Female, so I have 2 sets of paid morphs and I don't want to zero out their morphs and use only freebee ones, because I like my characters. Then I used Lorenzo LoRez as a distant background character. That's 3. But there's also one texture that makes 4.

So I thought, maybe if I could change that texture on Genesis 2 female. I used the texture that came in D/S 4.6 - Bree. But I think that still counts as a paid item. (And it looks great on my character, darn it!) But I can't find any free Genesis 2 female textures. Oh, I found one, but when I tried to install it I got a pop-up saying the zip was empty.

So... does anyone know a nice, free Genesis 2 Female texture, please?

• selias19selias19 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know of a simple helmet for a medieval knight? I've been searching around but can only find ones for Barbarians or with animal or fantasy shapes or Roman/Greek helmets.
    Thank you in advance.
    Sigrid

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Well, dang!

I downloaded the head-wreath and gilded it, and it's just the thing, so now the picture is all ready to render! But now I realize that I have one paid item too many to enter the monthly freebie contest. I'm using both Genesis and Genesis 2 Female, so I have 2 sets of paid morphs and I don't want to zero out their morphs and use only freebee ones, because I like my characters. Then I used Lorenzo LoRez as a distant background character. That's 3. But there's also one texture that makes 4.

So I thought, maybe if I could change that texture on Genesis 2 female. I used the texture that came in D/S 4.6 - Bree. But I think that still counts as a paid item. (And it looks great on my character, darn it!) But I can't find any free Genesis 2 female textures. Oh, I found one, but when I tried to install it I got a pop-up saying the zip was empty.

So... does anyone know a nice, free Genesis 2 Female texture, please?

You can use Bree in the Freebie Challenge.

"5. Bryce, Hexagon, Blender, Poser and Daz are allowed for the contest. Items given free with these Apps will not count towards the freebie count as they will not be available for all users, but can be used as non countable items."

But if you still want to use a different texture, you could try Cori:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/72057/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Cori-for-G2F

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

selias19 said:
    Does anyone know of a simple helmet for a medieval knight? I've been searching around but can only find ones for Barbarians or with animal or fantasy shapes or Roman/Greek helmets.
    Thank you in advance.
    Sigrid

that's a lot of geography with a lot of styles. Do you have something in mind? Possibly a picture you can show?

edited December 1969

Ah, thank you, Rob! I missed that bit.

Cori is the character I downloaded, but my computer told me the zip was empty. So I re-downloaded and did install without another error message... but I can't find her anywhere!

So I'll just use Bree as a non-countable item. Thanks for pointing out that bit. Much appreciated!

edited December 1969

that's a lot of geography with a lot of styles. Do you have something in mind? Possibly a picture you can show?

Something like that one below for example. I know it doesn't look too complicated but I am not sure if I would be able to create one myself.

Barbutahelm-Ritterhelm-Barbuta-R33.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 63K
  • fleetppfleetpp Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

selias19 said:

Something like that one below for example. I know it doesn't look too complicated but I am not sure if I would be able to create one myself.

There is one for Michael 3 at the 3dSC -Medieval Project site. Here's the link.
    http://www.jalberts.net/francemi/3dSC/medieval.htm

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

As always, if you don't find a free one there is a commercial pack over at Rendo, made by Merlin, which has several different ones.

edited December 1969

fleetpp said:

There is one for Michael 3 at the 3dSC -Medieval Project site. Here's the link.
    http://www.jalberts.net/francemi/3dSC/medieval.htm

Thanks. That one looks nice enough. I will try it.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    As always, if you don't find a free one there is a commercial pack over at Rendo, made by Merlin, which has several different ones.

Thanks. I will check that one as well. Might be worth it if the objects are nice.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Wow. I never found those despite searching on sharecg. I must have overlooked them. These are great, exactly what I need. Thank you very much.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2013

well, anyway I tried last night and made Bender from Futurama a few times before I got anything close to this, I'll post it anyway if anyone wants it.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/72553/view/5/3D-Model/Medieval-Warriors-Helmet

Screen_shot_2013-10-16_at_9.47_.28_AM_.png
    886 x 897 - 408K
    Post edited by StratDragon on
    edited December 1969

well, anyway I tried last night and made Bender from Futurama a few times before I got anything close to this, I'll post it anyway if anyone wants it.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/72553/view/5/3D-Model/Medieval-Warriors-Helmet

Looks great StratDragon. Thank you very much for taking the time. I've downloaded this one as well. A little variety is never wrong, especially if I choose to place more than one knight in a scene.
    Thank you again
    Sigrid

• Chelle the CatChelle the Cat Posts: 239
    edited October 2013

I'm trying to find a hairstyle that is similar to this:

http://www.absoluteanime.com/fushigi_yugi/tamahome.jpg
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100516170535/fushugiyuugithemysteriousplay/images/3/36/Tama.jpg
    http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r170/amandaslazer/Fushigi Yuugi/tamahome4.jpg

Or even several that can be mashed INTO something that looks close to that.
    I've been hunting all over and it's the tail that's really throwing me and that is a very important aspect.

Post edited by Chelle the Cat on
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Well if you are adventurous then this file has a great piled up bathrobe but you will have to bring it into carrara, hexagon or something similar to seperate the pile from the rest of the bathrobes in the scene.

Also this category at archive3d has some crumpled up towels and such. all in 3ds format so you would have to fiddle with them as well.

The only other suggestion I have is to take the Optitex dynamic clothing and drape them over various shapes to get your pile of clothing that way.

Links removed due to doubts about some content on those sites.

So Doc looks like you can't use archive3d any more so my suggestion about using dynamic is the only route so I played around with a few items and came up with this idea. I put a sphere on a plane added Adam's clothing and then added the dynamic clothing and had it collide with all and set internal pressure of 1.0. See picture below:

LOL! Very cool render.

• tylerzamboritylerzambori Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

What's wrong with archive 3d?

This discussion has been closed.