Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

LOL! I wish,

I know, I started the thread, but, I find I have to commit to things full time otherwise they get lost when I get sidetracked. I'm trying to wrap up my other hobbies at the moment so I can commit full time to 3D when I'm done. Things are taking longer than expected and I have to pass the time along the same lines so I keep my skills fresh for when they're really needed.

CHEERS!

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Hi Rogerbee, nice to see you again. Thanks for logging in once a week to let us know how you are doing.

I'm trying to build my own room in Hexagon. I understand the basics. Now I just need to learn how to rig doors and texture objects.

Bye

edited December 1969

Thanks,

Creating stuff from scratch is a whole new ballgame and one which I've yet to get into.

CHEERS!

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Wow! This topic is still alive!
    Well .. Let me post a couple Chunk:

romance_modified5.png
    1000 x 567 - 606K
    edited December 1969

Yep! Still here, and for a good few pages more yet!

Keep 'em coming

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited October 2013

...I remember back in July when MotoTsume posted several really nice aviation pics.

Found this sitting in a freebie folder.

Apologies, the latest MiG I have is a 21 so not quite accurate.

...but then this is the Realistic Renders...Not thread.

One Fine Evening in Russian Countryside

one_evening_in_Russian_countryside.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 424K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I remember back in July when MotoTsume posted several really nice aviation pics.

This was rendered in Carrara?
    edited October 2013

....I also remember Bobvan posting a pic of a Harrier back then too.

Was going to submit one one myself but got a bit sidetracked by RL concerns and a couple challenges (one of which the pic below was submitted to).

OK, now remember the the "Pepsi Points Case" when the company aired a commercial years ago where they claimed for seven million Pepsi points you could get a Harrier which depicted a teenager landing one in his school's car park? Well an enterprising business student named John Leonard did just that. He amassed the total needed by raising 700,000$ from several investors to purchase the required number of points (at .10 each) and then asked for his prize. Of course the soft drink maker was not about to give anyone a 33$ million fighter jet and only made mention of it in the advert in "jest".

(To actually acquire that many points by the "spirit" of the promotion would have required drinking 7 million cans of Pepsi or about 190 cans a day for the next 100 years.)

Well undaunted by the rebuff, Leonard attempted to sue the company for "breach of contract" and fraud however the case was thrown out.by the Southern NY district court on the grounds that what was depicted in the commercial was an "exaggerated adolescent fantasy" and that "no objective person could reasonably have concluded that the commercial actually offered consumers a Harrier jet." The decision was upheld by the US court of appeals as well as the Pentagon which stated that even if Pepsi had lost the case, it would still not be able to acquire one of the planes. According to one Pentagon official to even allow such an offer to the general public, the plane would have to be stripped of all armaments and rendered unflyable.

Basically, a state of the art military jet still in active service precludes it being sold to civilians on the open market.

...well...unless, one is a highly respected member of the Nobility who is also on call to His Majesty's Secret Service and actually knows how to fly one of he buggers...

...that lead to the pic below.

Momma's Home!

mommas_home_final.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 930K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

This was rendered in Carrara?
    ...nope, ol Daz Studio 4.6 using Dimension Theory's Skies of Economy (which also does work in Carrara), AoA's Atmospheric Cameras, and a bit of DOF..

Haven't been able to figure out why Carrara is not seeing any of my installed Carrara content (like SoE or any of my Howie Farkes sets) All i can find is the Native Content and what is in the Daz/Poser runtime.

edited December 1969

Great renders Kyoto,

One can hardly tell the make of MiG at that distance, all you can really see is a great looking render. Where did you get the Antonov from?

Nice render of the Harrier too, such a shame they got dropped in favour of the Apache.

CHEERS!

• Slide3DSlide3D Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

some pictures

04.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 157K
    01.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 471K
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I'm really more into modelling than rendering, but every now and then I'll whip up something. Made myself a couple of wallpapers for my laptop recently. A spooky Hallowe'en one and then just an artsy one.

The artsy one is just Genesis and the Aiko hair with a hand painted cloud background (I was using Bryce to generate my skies but I find it's quicker and easier just to paint them myself). The assets in the Hallowe'en one are available on my Share CG page for those who want them.

The ghosts are here. http://www.sharecg.com/v/72415/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Ghosts-genesis-1

The creepy nurse is here. http://www.sharecg.com/v/72409/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Nurse-Genesis-1

disgen_9.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 712K
    kinky_ghost_7.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 388K
    MIMITW_Render.jpg
    550 x 690 - 84K
    edited December 1969

Slide3D said:
    some pictures

They look amazing!

Would you care to share how they were done!?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I'm really more into modelling than rendering, but every now and then I'll whip up something. Made myself a couple of wallpapers for my laptop recently. A spooky Hallowe'en one and then just an artsy one.

The artsy one is just Genesis and the Aiko hair with a hand painted cloud background (I was using Bryce to generate my skies but I find it's quicker and easier just to paint them myself). The assets in the Hallowe'en one are available on my Share CG page for those who want them.

The ghosts are here. http://www.sharecg.com/v/72415/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Ghosts-genesis-1

The creepy nurse is here. http://www.sharecg.com/v/72409/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Nurse-Genesis-1

Some great looking renders there, welcome aboard!

CHEERS!

edited October 2013

Rogerbee said:

Great renders Kyoto,

One can hardly tell the make of MiG at that distance, all you can really see is a great looking render. Where did you get the Antonov from?

Nice render of the Harrier too, such a shame they got dropped in favour of the Apache.

CHEERS!

...the AN-225 is actually one of the few .obj downloads I could find in the Sketchup Model Warehouse. Most of models there now seem to be available in Sketchup format only. Not sure if they are purging the .dae/.obj downloads to make it exclusively for Sketchup users.

Yeah sad about the Harrier. Remarkable aircraft. Really changed the rules of aerial engagement with it's unique manoeuvreabilty. Yeah the new Sukhois and MiGs can make some impressive moves but nothing beats full thrust vectoring. A rotorcraft just doesn't have the speed or weapons load advantage to make it a "true" replacement. The entire fleet of retired UK Harriers ended up with the US Marines who themselves are looking at the F-35B as a replacement which has been experiencing some serious "teething pains" during development.

Ironically the F-35B's VTOL capability is being developed with data purchased from Russia's Yakovlev Design Bureau (Yak 141 NATO Codename "Freestyle"). So, not only are we depending on our former Cold War rival for getting into space, now we're consulting with them on advanced fighter design.

Meanwhile, the main engine trust vectoring system is supplied by none other than Rolls Royce. Considering their experience in this matter at least one component of this so far flawproned (and over budget) project will be solid.

Since the AV8's and UK Harriers are scheduled to be retired, maybe that fellow who bought the seven million Pepsi Points will be able to get one (non flightworthy of course) to put in his driveway after all. Give it a cool flame paint job chrome wheels and I'm sure it will draw attention from those who pass by.

edited December 1969

Interesting,

I'm sure the Harrier would be left as is. The other annoying thing is that I doubt one will be preserved for displays. Due to idiotic CAA regulations many privately owned modern jets can't be flown, meaning that future generations will only see them in movies or on YouTube, such a disgrace.

CHEERS!

• Slide3DSlide3D Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Slide3D said:
    some pictures

They look amazing!

Would you care to share how they were done!?

CHEERS!
    It's Octane renders (via OBJ export from DS)
    one enviroment light (hdri image) + 2 meshlights (white planes) and pathtracer kernel
    I apologize if this thread only for the DS renderers

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited October 2013

It's not only DS renders I luxrender (larger file) http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/284-406864267

10235702865_fb9a176618_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 186K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Octane, cool, I've heard a lot about that.

The renders are fine, I don't mind what you do them in so long as they look good.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 233K
    edited December 1969

LOL! Thanks Bob, I hadn't forgotten about you!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Another blend of backdrop pic & renders http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/278-405956203

800 x 520 - 273K
    edited December 1969

Nice, that really works.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

Its cool its been a while I kinda moderate more the amount I render now after 4 years I find I am becoming a little uninspired.. http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/270-405317707
    800 x 426 - 324K
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Nice, that really works.

CHEERS!

Yeah matching shadows made with PS
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 171K
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

Its cool its been a while I kinda moderate more the amount I render now after 4 years I find I am becoming a little uninspired.. http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/270-405317707

I know what you mean about becoming uninspired, I was like that with Poser. I was starting to give up on 3D, then DSON showed me the potential of Genesis and that DS4 was the only way to realise it.

CHEERS!

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited October 2013

Voluptuous catgirl looks for some plus-size clothing. I need to find some clothing that supports morphs ++. Sometimes, morph follower doesn't work properly.

This render almost breaks the rules. lol

Considering how much time I spent on setting up this scene, I could have chosen a different background other than moonscape. I was more concerned about setting up the mirror's reflections and finding a morphing top for catgirl. Maybe I'll change the background after i eat lunch. bye

edit: I forgot to mention that this scene uses 180 MB of Vram.

catgirl_volumpuous.jpg
    640 x 480 - 211K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

Prolly can use some lighting

edited December 1969

Voluptuous catgirl looks for some plus-size clothing. I need to find some clothing that supports morphs ++. Sometimes, morph follower doesn't work properly.

This render almost breaks the rules. lol

Considering how much time I spent on setting up this scene, I could have chosen a different background other than moonscape. I was more concerned about setting up the mirror's reflections and finding a morphing top for catgirl. Maybe I'll change the background after i eat lunch. bye

edit: I forgot to mention that this scene uses 180 MB of Vram.

Hmm, is she V4? I don't think even poke-away would help in this case. The skirt looks similar to one that came with Rebel Forever, which I think might suit your needs.

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.