Forum Access Problems - Rest of Site?

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,024
edited February 2019 in Carrara Discussion

Anyone else experiencing problems with the forum software?  I had a recent Windows update and since then I get an empty screen of death when I click on the forums link on the main page.

Luckily, I can still get to the Carrara page from the saved browser setting, but I can't get to my thread in the Art Studio Forum.

EDIT - I would post this in The Commons, but I can't get to The Commons.  And I don't suppose people having trouble accessing the forum are seeing my post about trouble accessing the forum.  frown

Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,523
    edited February 2019

I'm able to view the commons, do you want me to put a link to your thread there ?

Have you tried different browsers to see if you get the same result ?

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,024

I'm able to view the commons, do you want me to put a link to your thread there ?

Have you tried different browsers to see if you get the same result ?

If you would, yes, please.  Also, I opened a help ticket.  

Thanks!

It has something to do wih a recent update of Microsoft Edge.

I installed and am now trying Google Chrome and the forums work fine.  I would still like the Microsoft Edge issue addressed, but a least I can acces the general forums now.

Thank you, @Bunyip02_Carrara.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

MSedge browser doesn’t show daz forums for me and hasn’t done for months.. I put a ticket in to MS about it months ago but never heard anything. 

So I don’t use the Edge browser at all. 

edited February 2019

screen capture to show...

it also doesn't matter what version of windowsX you are using..

wether the most up to date PR version or the MSRing versions.... frown

edgebrowser notworkingonDaz.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 443K
    Post edited by Stezza on

one workaround is to copy a forum page link from another browser ) like chrome ) and paste it into the Edge browser url bar..

but once in don't click on the DAZ 3D Forums link up the top.. otherwise you will draw a blank again. 

Thanks!

Might put a ticket in to Daz

it sho7ld work, so probably a bad coding problem in the php by the webmaster ... 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,523

Glad there is a workaround....

I submitted a ticket smiley

For Microsoft Edge, I submitted a ticket. Suggestion was to clear cache.  Worked once.  Happens again. Clear again. Repeat. I’m using Chrome instead of Edge and it hasn’t been a problem. 

MS has now released the first preview builds of the next version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium are now ready for download on Windows 10 PCs.

It now shows the Daz forums and works pretty fast as well... using it now.

yes