Forum Access Problems

Report from Diomede that he is having troubles accessing the forums, have included a link to his post about the problem in the Carrara forum (which he can access) :- https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/312086/forum-access-problems-rest-of-site#latest

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix ?

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
    edited February 2019

Thank you, Bunyip.

Good news.

Not a fix, but a workaround.  There was a recent update of Microsoft Edge web browser.  That is when the trouble started,  I installed Google Chrome and am able to access the general forums using Chrome as my web browser.  I submitted a help ticket.  Curious if anyone else using Microsoft Edge eperienced the same problem?  Here is a sceenshot of what I was getting when clicking on the forum link on the main Daz3D homepage.

forum access probs.JPG
    1912 x 956 - 72K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • so Edge is trying to keep you from running amok beyond the Carrara forum?

sounds like a feature I need devil

so Edge is trying to keep you from running amok beyond the Carrara forum?

At first, I thought it was the work of other forum regulars trying to keep me in my place!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

so Edge is trying to keep you from running amok beyond the Carrara forum?

At first, I thought it was the work of other forum regulars trying to keep me in my place!

J/K

• galattgalatt Posts: 219

Thank you, Bunyip.

Good news.

Not a fix, but a workaround.  There was a recent update of Microsoft Edge web browser.  That is when the trouble started,  I installed Google Chrome and am able to access the general forums using Chrome as my web browser.  I submitted a help ticket.  Curious if anyone else using Microsoft Edge eperienced the same problem?  Here is a sceenshot of what I was getting when clicking on the forum link on the main Daz3D homepage.

I get that constantly. I have to go into my watched threads, then work my way up to the topic I want.
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

one workaround is to copy a forum page link from another browser ( like chrome ) and paste it into the Edge browser url bar..

but once in don't click on the DAZ 3D Forums link up the top.. otherwise you will draw a blank again.  frown

surprise

• BorisBadenovBorisBadenov Posts: 51
    edited March 2019

Well, I've been lurking (silently in the background) waiting for a fix for this problem, which shows no sign of going away any time soon, so I thought I would share my quickest workaround.

When I try to log on to the forums, and it's still broken, I type a word in the forum search.  In this case I typed the word "forum".  Then I look for a post in a forum in the General Section where most of the forums I lurk in can be found.

Like This:

Then I click on the "Commons" which is a forum in the General section".  Then I click on "General".

After clicking on "General" the familiar forum page will open up, and I click on the one I want to visit.

The same thing will work for other forums sections, like Platinum Club, I would suspect.  I'm not a member so...

Capture.JPG
    1779 x 908 - 169K
    Capture2.JPG
    1875 x 914 - 169K
    Capture3.JPG
    1870 x 912 - 164K
    Post edited by BorisBadenov on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

I can't stand Edge. Been working on some CSS animations and it works in every browser . . . except Edge . . . grrrrrrrrr!

- Greg

• Anyone know if this is going to be fixed any time soon?

Half the time, I just go somewhere else cause I don't want to be bothered with the workaround.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250
    edited March 2019

Strange. I've been using Edge for maybe a year (and IE11 and Firefox) but never had a problem like that. At least not that I can rememeber, so it hasn't happened often, nor recently.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on

Anyone know if this is going to be fixed any time soon?

Half the time, I just go somewhere else cause I don't want to be bothered with the workaround.

no it's not going to be fixed..

the problem is MS Edge browser and that will be fixed sometime this year when MS change over their browser engine to the Chromium engine the same open-source web rendering engine that powers Google's Chrome browser. This means Edge will soon be powered by Blink and the V8 JavaScript engines.

Anyone know if this is going to be fixed any time soon?

MS has now released the first preview builds of the next version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium are now ready for download on Windows 10 PCs.

It now shows the Daz forums and works pretty fast as well... using it now.