LDPR is not combining layers

sinfanysinfany Posts: 190
edited September 2013 in The Commons

Hi,

Everything seemed to be working fine until recently. Inexplicably, I started getting error messages when trying to combine layers (see attachment). I've tried moving layers manually but it doesn't look right.

Also, the background doesn't show in the final render - it's just black and I have to delete it in PS and insert one of my own backdrops, which is okay but I shouldn't have to do this.

Has anyone had this happen? I contacted tech support at Dreamlight but it could be days before I get a reply.

I'm on a Mac and use PS6.

Thanks!

Post edited by sinfany on

Comments

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Sounds like you are running into the same problem described and remedied here
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26593/P390/#433615

• sinfanysinfany Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

It does look similar, except that I do select all 7 rendered layers. I get the - command "Make" is not currently available - it continues until the "Layer 'sky bounce' is not available'".

I use the LDP-R Combine command in the Actions menu. What's weird is that I've been using the same process as before without glitches and it doesn't seem to work anymore. Gremlins?

• RiffulRifful Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

It does look similar, except that I do select all 7 rendered layers. I get the - command "Make" is not currently available - it continues until the "Layer 'sky bounce' is not available'".

I use the LDP-R Combine command in the Actions menu. What's weird is that I've been using the same process as before without glitches and it doesn't seem to work anymore. Gremlins?

There was an update to add the custom lights functionality (which is awesome), but the new action script has some glitches apparently. What I found worked the best is opening them in order from 0(fog), and 1-7, then with 7 on top run the combine action, then add the layers for custom lights by hand. that worked for me.

I'm using CS5 btw.

Post edited by Rifful on