Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Hansmar said:

I've redone my crypt render with different lights. I used ranged fall-off for best control. I also made the torchlights slightly more light and added two (out of view, but they do provide light).

I agree with all the positive assessments, but the effect of levitation is present. frown

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

In my picture I just threw a few things together. The garden wall and the building are modeled with Bryce, the rest is from Daz3d. Light comes from IBL merely. Rendered with TA with 144 rpp. Render time a bit more than 3 hours.

Great lighting! 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited February 2019
    Slepalex said:
    Hansmar said:

I've redone my crypt render with different lights. I used ranged fall-off for best control. I also made the torchlights slightly more light and added two (out of view, but they do provide light).

I agree with all the positive assessments, but the effect of levitation is present. frown

Slepalex, You are right. The right foot is just a little bit above the floor. Well spotted.

Horo: Thanks. Very nice looking rolling hills render.

In the same spirit as for the crypt, I also redid the 'plants' render. First version is in the thread on Judy's trees. I made it a night-render now, but added some lights, to make the light more interesting.

plants2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,078
    edited February 2019

Horo : beautiful landscape. Wonderful contrast between the rocks and the green.

Hansmar : very nice plants render. 

I made a simple planet scape and used the Bryce Terrain Editor.

planet scape.jpg
    900 x 603 - 87K
    Post edited by adbc on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited February 2019

Hansmar - thank you. Nice corner with plants.

adbc - thank you. Impressive alien world.

I took out drachenlords city again and rendered a spherical panorama from the centre. The city is still within a fading mirror cube. I also made an interactive panorama wich is on my website (Gallery > Gallery 2 > Panoramas) and I couldn't resist to fake an HDRI from it, which is free (thanks go to drachenlords) also on my website Raytracing > Resources > HR-HDRI (S).

Fowntown Dralo Panorama

DowntownDraloPano.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 164K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Hansmar - I really like the "deep valley" panorama  render,  great re-render of the crypt. The plants render is superb, cool lighting.

Horo - another beautiful stacked terrain render

Adbc - very nice planet render,

Horo : thank you. The city is awesome.

mermaid : thanks.

Horo -  Great render, thanks for the Hdris smiley

edited February 2019

adbc, Horo, Mermaid: Thank you. 

Horo: another very nice city render. I should try the fading mirror trick of yours sometime.

I made another landscape. Again starting with World Machine. Two stacked terrains with different textures. I call it 'flower hills'

flowerhills.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    edited February 2019

mermaid - thank you.

adbc - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you. Flower hills looks very nice, great sky too.

I put the specular convolved city HDRI inside the statuette from the Stanford Scanning Repository, which is fully transparent with Refraction 150. A partly transparent sphere catches the light and shadows from the HDRI through the statuette. The HDRI backdrop shines into the sphere. The higher the resolution of the object with the HDRI inside, the longer the render. Here almost 17 hours.

Shrine

Shrine.jpg
    810 x 1200 - 130K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited February 2019

Hansmar – a very nice landscape, did you use one of the preset materials for the terrain,  I can’t recall the name, wildflowers or something similar.

Horo – another spectacular render, showing once again the versatility of Bryce.

I tried the Hdri Horo made using Drachenlord’s city model, as a panorama, in a faded fully transparent cube.

pano-drach-hdri.jpg
    900 x 450 - 410K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited February 2019

Horo: HIghly interesting render.

Mermaid: Thanks. Indeed, the preset material 'wildflowers' was used! And I like your render. Actually, I had a similar idea...

I used a reflecting cylinder around the city and it shows. I might try again with different options.

VAM-City2c.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M

I think, I did not yet show this terrain render. Can't even remember whether the start here was from World Machine of simply from Bryce. But texturing and rendering in Bryce, of course. Figures posed in DAZ Studio.

canyon_walk.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M

Hansmar - thanks, your city render came out nice too, the landscape is awesome, nice POV

Hansmar : great flowerhillls, beautiful terrain render and I also like your city image.

Horo : great idea, awesome effect.

mermaid : beautiful panoramic city render.

edited February 2019

mermaid - thank you. Your pano is looking great.

Hansmar - thank you. So you got a cylindrical panorama. If the camera is looking straight ahead (not up or down) there will be no leaning buildings - but then, it looks interesting the way it is now. Well done terrain render.

adbc - thank you.

Double stacked terrain, the same as the green one on the previous page but from the opposite side, different area to height ratio and materials, then another one in the distance. The lakes are partly buried 2D-disks. The anaglyph shows it better that all four lakes are at a different altitude.

Four Lakes

Four Lakes Anaglyph

FourLakes.jpg
    1200 x 870 - 205K
    FourLakesAna.jpg
    1200 x 870 - 265K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited February 2019

Mermaid, adbc, Horo: thanks. Yes, I know that the tilting of the camera has this funny effect. I searched for something I liked; this was it.

Horo: great idea to use partly burried 2D faces for lakes! Makes for a good looking render.

I redid the city, again with a cylindrical panorama from a bit of a height. But with a different sky, leading to a totally different light reflection on the buildings.

I also did two more panoramic renders of the flowerhills and of the canyon-walk. I love the strange light effects (dark and shadow) you get by using the panoramic renders.

VAM-Citye.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    flowerhills2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    canyon2d.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M

Hansmar - thank you. Interesting panorama renders, all different and very charming.

edited February 2019

Adbc - thanks

Horo - both the original and anaglyph renders are great, nice use of 2D face for the lakes.

Hansmar -  great panorama renders, like them all.

I played more with the City Hdri, not the actual model by Drachenlords, and two reflective spheres. The first uses the perspective camera and the 2nd viewed thru a GWL

pers-drach-hdri.jpg
    900 x 450 - 360K
    pers-drach-hdri-ewl.jpg
    900 x 450 - 370K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited February 2019

Horo : great terrain and anaglyph.

Hansmar : beautiful panorama's, difficult to choose which one I prefer.

mermaid : awesome renders with the reflective spheres.

Tried something else with the Bryce terrains and build a futuristic city.

futuristic city.jpg
    950 x 475 - 96K
    Post edited by Chohole on

Adbc - thanks, amazing render awesome use of the Bryce terrains.

mermaid - thank you. Great results of your experiments.

adbc - thank you. Great use of terrains to make a huge futuristic city.

mermaid, Horo : thank you.

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 265
    edited February 2019

I haven't posted in a while.. have been laid up from surgery..so I have been a bit out of it for the last month.. was playing around with some spacey skies and scifi planet stuff.  This one was almost like playing with Infinity Cove and the sky is actually a 2d pic.  I've been meaning to import that into Bryce and see what I can come up with. 

Always enjoy the renders here.. so much talent from everyone! 

SyfiTerrain3.jpg
    1754 x 834 - 284K
    Post edited by Rasberri on
    edited February 2019

Horo, Mermaid, adbc: thanks. It is addictive to play with these panorama's!

Mermaid: fantastic work with these reflective spheres. Like looking at worlds inside of worlds inside of ...

adbc: Now that is a great idea and well done.

I guess this will be my last panorama render for the City for a long time now. This time I pointed the camera straight ahead at around street level.

VAM-City2d.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M

Rasberri : Beautiful scene.

Hansmar  : Thanks.  Awesome panorama render.

Rasberry - that cave window looks great.

Hansmar - great POV for your city pano.

Horo - thanks

Rasberry - cool render, nice use of the 2D pic

Hansmar - another nice render, I have yet to play with the actual model.

edited March 2019

Three Mounds terrains made in the TE and a couple of instanced trees on top of them.

Trees on Mounds

Threes on Mounds Anaglyph

TreesOnMounds.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 271K
    TreesOnMoundsAna.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 338K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : Beautiful terrains and vegetation. Great Field of view. I like the anaglyph as well.

This discussion has been closed.