Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited March 2019
    Horo said:

Three Mounds terrains made in the TE and a couple of instanced trees on top of them.

That's a really cool and interesting landscape!  I like it.

Post edited by sriesch on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Rasberri: Very nice view from that cave.

Horo: Really lovely marine terrain.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited March 2019

Three things should be achived in my picture. First the hair, second changing the texture of the t-shirt and third flying dust visible in the light. I think the first and the second have been achieved, third failed completly.

Careful?!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/312371/the-m3d-teens-return-commercial#latest
    g3idee2.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 192K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Three things should be achived in my picture. First the hair, second changing the texture of the t-shirt and third flying dust visible in the light. I think the first and the second have been achieved, third failed completly.

The hair turned out well.

If I zoom in on the picture, I can see the dust motes, however I only noticed that because you had mentioned it and I was looking for them.  Perhaps they would be more noticeable if they were greatly increased in quantity/size? 

There is a new challenge for doing an effect like that that I hadn't thought of until just now.  Given the common use of Iray renders at this website and the bright noise specks it can produce if you don't give it enough time to finish, somebody (outside of the Bryce forum) might mistake the effect for an incomplete iray render.  I did a quick google and possibly making sure the effect is a bit blurrier rather than sharp points might reduce that chance, although that might not be the effect you were going for.  Making them more pronounced in a light beam or otherwise unevenly distributed with obvious clear parts of the picture might also eliminate this potential trouble.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,124
    edited March 2019

adbc - thank you.

sriesch - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you.

Electro-Elvis - the lady looks good, the hair is indeed excellent. The dust particles are few and hardly visible - I thought there was a bit of dirt on my screen but it moved when I moved the picture. I don't know how you made it, an idea would be a 2D-face with an appropriate texture to control transparency and dust. Another possibility could be a cube with a volumetric material; but I think you already tried this.

Post edited by Horo on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,101

Electro-Elvis : Awesome render, very realistic hair, and yes I can see the dust.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,001

Horo - awesome terrains and vegetation, the anaglyph is great. I'm getting very addicted to anaglyphs, been watching some 3D - anaglyph videos, I wonder what program these guys use for these video, really amazing stuff.

edited March 2019

mermaid - thank you.

I used the scene shown on page 39 (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/135641/show-us-your-bryce-renders-part-10/p39) and rendered it again with the Specular Method as a sketch. The second image is post processed: strong sharpened and contrast boosted. Though the render looks quite good, the enhanced one looks more dramatic.

Summits Sketch Render

Summits Sketch Enhanced

SummitsSketch0.jpg
    1200 x 851 - 195K
    SummitsSketch1.jpg
    1200 x 851 - 318K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Super render, Elvis...and I can easily see the dust particles.

Very unusual, Horo, using just a single monotoned colour...it produces a nice effect.

Jay

Horo : Very nice effect, I like both.

Jay - thank you. I like how the geometry of the terrain is shown. All material options are zero except full specular and halo. The colour hue is from a filter in front of the camera.

adbc - thank you.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited March 2019

Horo: very interesting sketch effect!

I made another landscape + some elements. This is Mars (but after some atmospheric development).

mars_find.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - thank you. That crater looks nice with the Mars Rover.

edited March 2019

Electro-Elvis : Awesome render, very realistic hair.

Horo - both the sketches are awesome, but the postwork one more dynamic.

Hansmar - nice Mars render, I like the material you used.

I'm not sure if I posted this one before, the sky and mat are from the https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/shop/bryce-7-1-pro-object-clouds-2d-3d/

3dex4.jpg
    900 x 600 - 347K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Hansmar : great Mars render !

mermaid :  good looking clouds, nice atmosphere. Well done.

mermaid - well done. Very humid air, great sense of depth, dramatic terrain. The sky fits the landscape nicely.

edited March 2019

Viktoria 3 once lit exclusively by specular at full halo (left) and once only by diffuse (right) in a fading mirror box. Max ray depth 2 so there are not too many reflections. This shows that toon and normal objects can be rendered directly in the same scene.

Toon Meats Real

ToonMeetsReal.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 155K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : great render, I can't remember where I saw that image or a similar one before.

Horo - very nice render

edited March 2019

Thank you all for your friendly comments. And sriesch and Horo for their suggestions how to achive the effect of flying dust articles. Frankly said, I did not think of a volumetric material nor a 2D face, which would be quite obvious, but these ideas came not in my mind. I just replicated 200 tiny cubes within a certain range and used a mirror material for them.

@Horo: both sketch pictures look good. Of the first one you could think its made with a pencil. The handshaking toon Victoria and the realistic Victoria is an interesting approach.

@Hansmar: Nicely done, the little mars rover should be careful not to go too close the shiny object.

@mermaid010: Beautiful render with a very convincing haze. The clouds look nearly as they were painted.

For once I did not make a scene with a female character :-). The scene is lit by IBL with a HDRI from hdrihaven.com (very good resource for HDRIs). The car is a Daz3D model. The texture for its body is from the original model. I tweaked the rims, the glass, and the chorme parts. The ground floor is a cube with one of David Brinnen's material. You as Bryce wizards will surely recognize that the shadow of the back wall is missing. With it the illusion of reality would be perfect, but I could not figure out how to create it. :-(

Sportscar Meteor Daz3D model, adopted for Bryce 7.1 Pro

Meteor.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 100K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

adbc - thank you.

mermaid - thank you.

Electro-Elvis - thank you. I think you would have used a better skin on the "real" Viki. The sports car render looks very nice.
    Shadow capture: I know and used three methods to create shadows that appear on the floor or a wall of an HDRI. The best method is extremely elaborate (also to describe) and needs a preparation render.
    The second is easy; it uses a plane (or 2D-Face) fully transparent and with white diffuse; diffusion controls the shadow darkness. It is lit by a negative parallel light with infinite width from above the ground (or sideways for a wall), without shadow casting and no falloff.
    The third method is also easy and works with two 2D-faces or disks that are very close to each other (0.002 BU). The one near the surface to capture the shadows must be 100% transparent and has some diffuse with which the shadow darkness can be controlled. The one nearer to the camera  is again fully transparent and has a nearly black diffuse colour (R/G/B ~3) and diffusion is boosted by a negative phased hyper texture (I have a PDF on my website how to make a positive and negative PHT). The amount of diffusion also controls the darkness of the shadows. The 2D-face with the PHT boosted diffuse is actually the negative light source.

edited March 2019

@Horo Thank you. Also for the methods you explained. I certainly will give them a try. Attached find the settings I normally use for skin.

Skin_Standard_Settings.jpg
    850 x 503 - 145K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited March 2019

Those settings are good to know, Elvis...filed it for potential future use in faces etc. Many thanks.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • @Jamahoney: You are welcome. But I forgot to mention, the most important advice for good looking skin is: use True Ambience!

Electro-Elvis - you're welcome. Thank you for the skin setting. Yes, TA makes the difference here.

edited March 2019

If you enter this maze it will take you some time to negotiate through it. A tileable terrain suits the idea of a fading mirror box perfectly.

Vast maze

VastMaze.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 297K
    Post edited by Horo on

Electro-Elvis : beautiful sportscar and thanks for the skin settings.

Horo : Very nice effect on the maze scene.

Electro-Elvis - superb render, thanks for comment.

Horo - now that one endless maze, so cool

adbc - thank you.

mermaid - thank you.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

@Horo ...nice idea it reminds me of that movie "Labyrinth" :)

This discussion has been closed.