(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited December 1969

How about adding/converting Dawn clothing for Genesis?

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

+1000

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

+1000

That would require me to be able to create a Dawn clone for Genesis. I doubt seriously whether Hivewire's licensing allows that. DAZ has let me do a G2F clone for Genesis mainly because both are their products and I sold it in their store.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

Wilmap is basically right, but for clarification:

SRMS is for Genesis 1 only.

There IS a product that helps with Genesis to G2F conversion. It is the Sickle Dress Rig G2F, which is here: http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-dress-rig-genesis-2-female

I wouldn't call it a true SRMS G2F because it adds no FBMs. I have a full bodysuit/dress setup for SRMS G2F that is unreleased because of a problem that DAZ has not yet fixed with Studio (you can't conform G2F clothing to other G2F clothing without triggering an Autofit prompt, a problem that does not exist with Genesis).

If you want breast help with G2F, your best bet is the Breast Fixes morph pack: http://www.daz3d.com/clothing-breast-fixes-for-genesis-2-female

So does this mean I can then convert G4 clothing to G6 clothing by using Sickle Rigging and Morphing System, and then going to Sickle Dress Rig Genesis 2 Female ?

Thanks.
    R

edited December 1969

Wilmap is basically right, but for clarification:

SRMS is for Genesis 1 only.

There IS a product that helps with Genesis to G2F conversion. It is the Sickle Dress Rig G2F, which is here: http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-dress-rig-genesis-2-female

I wouldn't call it a true SRMS G2F because it adds no FBMs. I have a full bodysuit/dress setup for SRMS G2F that is unreleased because of a problem that DAZ has not yet fixed with Studio (you can't conform G2F clothing to other G2F clothing without triggering an Autofit prompt, a problem that does not exist with Genesis).

If you want breast help with G2F, your best bet is the Breast Fixes morph pack: http://www.daz3d.com/clothing-breast-fixes-for-genesis-2-female

So does this mean I can then convert G4 clothing to G6 clothing by using Sickle Rigging and Morphing System, and then going to Sickle Dress Rig Genesis 2 Female ?

Thanks.
    R

Hoo boy. I haven't tried that whole thing yet. I would expect yes, but there would be more artifacts from a double conversion.

• inspired_designerinspired_designer Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

I have a question for Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Can you make .obj customised clothes and shoes on another program and use your system to fit the clothes on Genesis 2?

edited September 2013

No, the product is for G1.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

The more I learn about your products the more I am amazed by all you can do with them.
    I have a lot to learn......

edited December 1969

The more I learn about your products the more I am amazed by all you can do with them.
    I have a lot to learn......

Thank you for your purchase!

• JayfeatherJayfeather Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

I'm wondering how well this system works on loin-cloths and skirts with slits going up the sides. I've noticed anything that's meant to hang in the front and/or back has some bad stretching when converted to Genesis. I would be VERY interested in Loin-cloth preset for Genesis conversion.

edited December 1969

I'm wondering how well this system works on loin-cloths and skirts with slits going up the sides. I've noticed anything that's meant to hang in the front and/or back has some bad stretching when converted to Genesis. I would be VERY interested in Loin-cloth preset for Genesis conversion.

Badly, unless it's an item moved only with morphs. Front/back slit items normally require special rigging which can't be retained.

The way to cope with that would be to have a native genesis item that has such a rig, and add transferring from it as an extra step AFTER the item is converted AND saved. That way it hopefully keeps its own morphs.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited September 2013

I'm using the new Genesis 2 Female Clone for Genesis with SRMS to autofit G2F clothes to Genesis. I'm having problems. I don't have many G2F clothes, but I tried the Paige Dress from the DAZ store. I am using DS 4.6.0.18. The result was terrible. Please help! I must be doing something wrong.

Image 4 is what Paige Dress looks like on Genesis 2 Female.
    Image 3 shows the settings I used to autofit it to Genesis Basic Female
    Image 2 shows the result I got using SRMDressBase.
    Image 1 shows the result I got selecting None.

Edit: DAZ reversed the order of the images, so I changed the text above.

03_G2F_Paige_Dress_Autofit_None_Result.JPG
    817 x 995 - 190K
    02_G2F_Paige_Dress_Autofit_Results.JPG
    806 x 966 - 196K
    01_G2F_Page_Dress_Autofit_SRMS_Settings.jpg
    1208 x 984 - 467K
    00_G2F_Paige_Dress_on_G2F.JPG
    857 x 1010 - 180K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited September 2013

Does it do the same thing if you follow standard SRMS procedure using Transfer Utility, save it to library, and reload it?

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

Does it do the same thing if you follow standard SRMS procedure using Transfer Utility, save it to library, and reload it?

I tried the transfer utility method, selecting SRMDressBase for the template. After saving the dress asset, deleting the dress and reloading the dress, the results look different than the autofit, but still not good. The result looks pretty much like what I got when selecting none for the projection template. (Neither one looks good.) I will attach images of the settings I used and the result. Thanks for help.
    G2F_Paige_Dress_Transfer_Utility_SRMDressBase_Result.JPG
    1056 x 1272 - 89K
    G2F_Paige_Dress_Transfer_Utility_SRMDressBase_settings.JPG
    1344 x 1323 - 143K
    edited September 2013

Here is another image of the Transfer Utility result with the SRMDressBase projection template. This shows the bump between the breasts and on the skirt that poke out to the front.

G2F_Paige_Dress_Transfer_Utility_SRMDressBase_Result_top.JPG
    625 x 661 - 35K
    G2F_Paige_Dress_Transfer_Utility_SRMDressBase_Result_side.JPG
    586 x 1264 - 61K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

Oh wait.

It looks like you're doing this on a morphed Genesis? That's probably not going to work well, either.

edited December 1969

Oh wait.

It looks like you're doing this on a morphed Genesis? That's probably not going to work well, either.

ARGGGGGG!! You are right! I am doing Transfer Utility on Basic Female. I know better. Thanks for catching that. I'll try again with the base Genesis.

But shouldn't autofit have worked on a morphed Genesis?

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Oh wait.

ARGGGGGG!! You are right! I am doing Transfer Utility on Basic Female. I know better. Thanks for catching that. I'll try again with the base Genesis.

But shouldn't autofit have worked on a morphed Genesis?

Not with SRMS. Morphed templates change a lot of the rules.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited September 2013

For what it's worth, I think Paige Dress may just be one of those things that doesn't take transfer well. I tried it on an unmorphed Genesis using SRMS, and while it didn't look quite that bad, the skirt was a lumpy, and all of the motion morphs were dead.

EDIT: I thought the OBJ export method would work, but you'd need a V6 shape for Genesis for that to work, and that's not available.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    For what it's worth, I think Paige Dress may just be one of those things that doesn't take transfer well. I tried it on an unmorphed Genesis using SRMS, and while it didn't look quite that bad, the skirt was a lumpy, and all of the motion morphs were dead.

EDIT: I thought the OBJ export method would work, but you'd need a V6 shape for Genesis for that to work, and that's not available.

Thanks for checking it, vwrangler. I tried again with the base Genesis and the transfer utility. The final result after saving the asset and reloading it onto the Basic Female looks about the same. I still have the lump in the skirt and between the breasts.

Have you had success with the Genesis 2 Female Clone for Genesis with other garments? I just don't have much to test, because I haven't really bought into the G2 scheme yet. I thought that if I could use the clothes on Genesis, I would have a reason to buy G2 clothes. I'll see what else I have that I can try. I have a couple freebies.

edited December 1969

Oh, and you are right - all the skirt motion "Pose Controls" are dead on the Genesis version. I hadn't even gotten as far as trying that.

edited December 1969

Pose controls in general won't transfer because TU doesn't register them as "morphs," has been my experience.

Some minor breast distortion is indeed normal, but not to the extent you're getting - it's so slight as not to be visible on the garments I used for testing and to make the promos for the product.

edited December 1969

I have now tried the Japanese Sailor Uniform freebie available here: http://amarijun.wordpress.com/2013/07/13/daz-studio-genesis2-female-sailor-uniform-recte/

I used the transfer utility with the base Genesis. I used SRMDressBase for the skirt and SRMBodysuitBase for the jacket. After saving the asset, I reloaded it on the Base Genesis and also on Basic Female. In both cases I have the lump in the crotch area and distortion around the breast area. SickleYield, can you try this freebie and see if you get better results, to confirm that I am either doing something wrong still or have some other problem in my DS environment?

G2F_Sailor_skirt_and_top_TU_Results_Basic_Female.JPG
    1041 x 1257 - 275K
    G2F_Sailor_skirt_and_top_TU_Results.JPG
    1073 x 1269 - 260K
    G2F_Sailor_jacket_TU_Settings.JPG
    1319 x 1315 - 348K
    G2F_Sailor_skirt_TU_Settings.JPG
    1218 x 1290 - 353K
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Have you had success with the Genesis 2 Female Clone for Genesis with other garments? I just don't have much to test, because I haven't really bought into the G2 scheme yet. I thought that if I could use the clothes on Genesis, I would have a reason to buy G2 clothes. I'll see what else I have that I can try. I have a couple freebies.

I haven't had that much to transfer from G2F to Genesis. It worked fine on Frivolous Forties, except for the shoes, but that's not a dress. Other than that, most of my transfers have been from Genesis to G2F or V4 to G2F. I can try it on the G2F Evening Gown and see what happens.

edited December 1969

Here's what mine looks like autofitted (autofitted, mind you) with Basic Female on and the SRMDressBase and SRMBodySuitBase templates chosen (and G2F clone, of course).

I turned up smoothing a little and it pretty much takes care of the distortion, but the crotch thing otherwise does happen. It's just minor in most outfits and goes away with smoothing samples up to 8+.

MINOR.JPG
    707 x 924 - 175K
    edited December 1969

SickleYield, thanks for trying the Sailor outfit. I tried and can get similar results with autofit, SRMS, and smoothing 8, so I guess I don't have anything wrong with my system. Some clothes must just not convert well.

What do you think causes the crotch bump in skirts and dresses? Is it a template weight mapping issue or a morph issue? Is there something that can be improved in the clone to eliminate that?

G2F_Sailor_Suit_autofit_SRMS.JPG
    630 x 883 - 44K
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    SickleYield, thanks for trying the Sailor outfit. I tried and can get similar results with autofit, SRMS, and smoothing 8, so I guess I don't have anything wrong with my system. Some clothes must just not convert well.

What do you think causes the crotch bump in skirts and dresses? Is it a template weight mapping issue or a morph issue? Is there something that can be improved in the clone to eliminate that?

I suspect it's a function of the difference in crotch height between default Genesis and default G2F, and as such, probably an artifact of the base conversion. If it can be improved at all, it'd be the clone. I will faff about with it in the next week and see if I can do any better, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Sometimes you run into something like the G1/V4 foot difference and it just can't be optimal.

edited December 1969

Thank you very much for looking into it. I wish you good luck in finding something simple to improve.

edited September 2013

I suspect it's a function of the difference in crotch height between default Genesis and default G2F, and as such, probably an artifact of the base conversion. If it can be improved at all, it'd be the clone. I will faff about with it in the next week and see if I can do any better, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Sometimes you run into something like the G1/V4 foot difference and it just can't be optimal.

I tried the Evening Gown G2F. I tried three conversions, one Transfer Utility and two Autofits. What's going on can best be seen with the underdress. All three transfers had the crotch issue to some degree. Transfer Utility sticks a fairly large lump between the breasts, for some reason. Autofit does better, but it is still there to some degree. It's best with the MFD as the autofit donor, but then, of course, we get ultra stretchy cling wrap. Didn't do anything with additional smoothing on any of them, since I wanted to see how the default worked. (Also, Evening Gown G2F starts with 10 smoothing iterations as its default anyway.)

After trying various things, I think it's safe to say that Transfer Utility is not overfond of G2F. What does TU do that's so different from Autofit?

eveninggowng2f-transfer.jpg
    1958 x 896 - 254K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:

I tried the Evening Gown G2F. I tried three conversions, one Transfer Utility and two Autofits. What's going on can best be seen with the underdress. All three transfers had the crotch issue to some degree. Transfer Utility sticks a fairly large lump between the breasts, for some reason. Autofit does better, but it is still there to some degree. It's best with the MFD as the autofit donor, but then, of course, we get ultra stretchy cling wrap. Didn't do anything with additional smoothing on any of them, since I wanted to see how the default worked. (Also, Evening Gown G2F starts with 10 smoothing iterations as its default anyway.)

After trying various things, I think it's safe to say that Transfer Utility is not overfond of G2F. What does TU do that's so different from Autofit?

If I knew, I would tell you. I found by experiment that it's possible to sometimes get different results with one than the other, but knowing why would probably require knowledge of the function of the actual code, which I do not have.