Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Yeah, a new hard drive would be the best thing,

If I lost my hard drive it'd be a real pain, but I do store a lot of my stuff on external drives. Thanks for the W8 tips by the way, I did remember what I needed to do anyway.

CHEERS!

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited September 2013

at least I can play with Victoria 4. Here she is with Teen Ashey's texture. I need to put a background behind the window.

Daz Studio spent 2.5 minutes optimizing images.

Memory usage:
    Daz Studio/3Delight: ~228 MB
    Video card: ~168
    TDL files in temporary folder: ~270 MB Really? wow. I'm going to try putting V4 in a more simple scene to see how much disk space Daz Studio/TDLMake Studio will use.

V4_Ashley.jpg
    640 x 480 - 196K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...ahh I recognised that skin map before I even read the text. Ashley was the first character I ever purchased for V4.2.

OK, something new here, kind of an experiment with several elements, including lighting, SSS, and combining morphs.

From KK's (the character's) backstory.

Kelly was one of a set of twin daughters born to a well to do elven couple in the nation of Tir Taringire (a country in the Shadowrun RPG world. While her sister Kylie was full elf, she was human and thus at a disadvantage from the start as her kind were outcasts in the predominantly elven nation. At first her family did everything they could to treat her as an equal, but as she grew it became painfully evident she would not be accepted. Children who once were her friends, began to abandon her as they became indoctrinated in the Tir socio-political beliefs. Some went as far to even turned on her often blaming her for causing trouble when they actually were the perpetrators.

To make matters worse, her father had gained respect of the council as well as the High Prince himself for his work in advanced genetics receiving a number of favours (including High Prince fiat), which elevated his status in the Tir hierarchy. The lure of improved social status became like a drug to him.

The one thing that could hold him back, his human daughter Kelly.

By the time she was eleven she no longer had any friends and frequently found herself on report in school for both her "disruptive" nature and now poor academic performance. Kelly's father began to lose patience with his daughter over what what was apparently becoming an embarrassment for him and the family, and withdrew her from the academy under the advice of his associates and peers. She was effectively "grounded" permanently, only allowed to leave on certain occasions and even then, required to be on her "best behaviour", speaking only when spoken to, etc., effectively being treated more like a pet than a child by her father.

However, there was one person in her life to whom she still mattered to, her twin sister Kylie. Twins are "known" to share a unique connection with one another, and in the girls' case, racial "differences" and prejudice meant nothing to it. Even though Kylie knew her reputation with schoolmates, even her own father, could be at stake, it hurt her deeply to see her sister shunned and treated poorly.

"...I don't care what they, what even Daddy and Mum think or say Kel, I'll always be here for you. I'll always be your friend."

the_twins_sss.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 420K
    edited December 1969

at least I can play with Victoria 4. Here she is with Teen Ashey's texture. I need to put a background behind the window.

Daz Studio spent 2.5 minutes optimizing images.

Memory usage:
    Daz Studio/3Delight: ~228 MB
    Video card: ~168
    TDL files in temporary folder: ~270 MB Really? wow. I'm going to try putting V4 in a more simple scene to see how much disk space Daz Studio/TDLMake Studio will use.

Looks great,

I never got DS3, I guess I lost interest in DS when you had to pay for it and I had Poser by then.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...ahh I recognised that skin map before I even read the text. Ashley was the first character I ever purchased for V4.2.

OK, something new here, kind of an experiment with several elements, including lighting, SSS, and combining morphs.

From KK's (the character's) backstory.

Kelly was one of a set of twin daughters born to a well to do elven couple in the nation of Tir Taringire (a country in the Shadowrun RPG world. While her sister Kylie was full elf, she was human and thus at a disadvantage from the start as her kind were outcasts in the predominantly elven nation. At first her family did everything they could to treat her as an equal, but as she grew it became painfully evident she would not be accepted. Children who once were her friends, began to abandon her as they became indoctrinated in the Tir socio-political beliefs. Some went as far to even turned on her often blaming her for causing trouble when they actually were the perpetrators.

To make matters worse, her father had gained respect of the council as well as the High Prince himself for his work in advanced genetics receiving a number of favours (including High Prince fiat), which elevated his status in the Tir hierarchy. The lure of improved social status became like a drug to him.

The one thing that could hold him back, his human daughter Kelly.

By the time she was eleven she no longer had any friends and frequently found herself on report in school for both her "disruptive" nature and now poor academic performance. Kelly's father began to lose patience with his daughter over what what was apparently becoming an embarrassment for him and the family, and withdrew her from the academy under the advice of his associates and peers. She was effectively "grounded" permanently, only allowed to leave on certain occasions and even then, required to be on her "best behaviour", speaking only when spoken to, etc., effectively being treated more like a pet than a child by her father.

However, there was one person in her life to whom she still mattered to, her twin sister Kylie. Twins are "known" to share a unique connection with one another, and in the girls' case, racial "differences" and prejudice meant nothing to it. Even though Kylie knew her reputation with schoolmates, even her own father, could be at stake, it hurt her deeply to see her sister shunned and treated poorly.

"...I don't care what they, what even Daddy and Mum think or say Kel, I'll always be here for you. I'll always be your friend."

Good looking render,

Have you used Inane Glory's lights much, their new Photo Studio looks good.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

...don't have them.

For the lighting I used three Linear Point Lights (one in each lamp and on slightly above centre) with shadow softness set at .5% and one UberEnvironment light set to Ambient only at 128 samples and shading rate of 4.

edited September 2013

Kyoto Kid, I Like the lighting effect. Isn't UberLighting CPU intensive? I loaded an area light or something into a scene once. The scene took forever to render (ok, maybe an hour or two). Just asking.

Here is a closeup of Laura with the EHSS using the default settings. The default settings don't use sub surface scattering, velvet or Fresnel. Later I'm going to render a similar scene with my EHSS settings to compare the scenes.

I am trying to make my own space suit for Luke and Laura.

Laura_ehss.jpg
    640 x 480 - 215K
    edited September 2013

here is the comparison render that i promised

From left to right:
    Laura with default skin and 2 distant lights. Lighting model of her skin surfaces set to skin instead of plastic.
    Laura with EHSS at default settings and 2 distant lights
    Laura with EHSS and sub surface scattering, Fresnel, velvet on. spotlight to highlight shadows.

Hair: Tequila hair by Valea and Daz3D
    Outfit: swimsuit by karanta
    Landscape: Moonscape by petipet and DAZ 3D

Laura_comparison.jpg
    707 x 335 - 101K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid, I Like the lighting effect. Isn't UberLighting CPU intensive? I loaded an area light or something into a scene once. The scene took forever to render (ok, maybe an hour or two). Just asking.

Here is a closeup of Laura with the EHSS using the default settings. The default settings don't use sub surface scattering, velvet or Fresnel. Later I'm going to render a similar scene with my EHSS settings to compare the scenes.

I am trying to make my own space suit for Luke and Laura.

...using the base UE (not the UE Area Lights - still cant seem to get those to work right) in Ambient Only mode, shadows and ray tracing are automatically turned off which are the two components that affect render time. the nice thing is it created ambient light in a 360° sphere rather than coming from only on direction so there is still occlusion.

Never purchased the EHSS shaders when they came out as I was still working in 32 bit with limited memory resources. Since moving to my new 64 bit system, I find the new SSS shaders to work very well (as they work with any lighting) and am getting better at tweaking them thanks to the SSS Toolbox which offers a nice variety of presets to start with.

Do you have XD? and the Luke/Laura licences (I think the licences might be free)? If so, you could try using it to convert the M3 Space Suit.

I actually managed to fit it to my Genesis version of Leela once, she looked so goofy in it.

edited December 1969

i just checked Evil Innocence's website for Laura's license. The license cost $9.97. I can also buy a bundle of licenses for about $30.00. Thanks for reminding me about Crossdresser.

I must be the only person doing 3D graphics on a 32 bit Windows XP computer and a 17 monitor. lol i believe that the processor is 64 bit though. Maybe later I'll post a screenshot of Daz Studio 4 running on my 4:3 aspect ratio monitor.

• RiffulRifful Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i just checked Evil Innocence's website for Laura's license. The license cost $9.97. I can also buy a bundle of licenses for about $30.00. Thanks for reminding me about Crossdresser.

I must be the only person doing 3D graphics on a 32 bit Windows XP computer and a 17 monitor. lol i believe that the processor is 64 bit though. Maybe later I'll post a screenshot of Daz Studio 4 running on my 4:3 aspect ratio monitor.

Back in the '90s I used Strata 3D on a Mac IIci, so anything is doable. Used to have to run it all day and night for a usable render though.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969
    9728775615_c0c6df09e3_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 258K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 31K
    edited December 1969

Back to UE Latinos 2 lights for this one 6 minutes.... http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/212-399524312

800 x 426 - 206K
    edited September 2013

Nice space scenes. The lighting works well.

So I reinstalled Daz Studio 4 to see how long well it runs.

Here is another scene where the caracter doesn't wear shoes. This scene takes about three minutes to load and optimize. Tdlmake created 380 MB of TDL files.

Ugly poke-through. I will need to play with the clothes or the Genesis shapes. The openGL preview looks fine. Maybe I should install poke-away.

Appologies to Bobbie25, Sarsa and RawArt. lol

TyRex_Pink_Ink.jpg
    590 x 576 - 70K
    edited December 1969

Oooh, some good renders I've missed.

Poke-away is a worthwhile investment, even though you're supposed not to need it with auto-fit. I just want to continue moving forward, I don't think I could ever go back to a 32 bit system and a dual core processor now.

It's amazing how quickly this thread has filled up, 71 pages already, wow!

Keep it up folks!

CHEERS!

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

O yes, Poke-Away is sometimes overlooked, but can be used for some interesting sci-fi stuff too - here's a "battle bot" I did combining Genesis Bot, Outland Marauder, and Poke-Away to shrink the limbs & waist so that it was obvious it wasn't a guy in a suit...

battlebot_01.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 445K
    edited December 1969

That's pretty cool!

The other thing with that system is that it's reversible.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

i like the shiny robot too.

I had five minutes to work on my beach scene.

ok, I gotta go run some more errands. Later

Millenium Boy - Poser skin textures need adjusting in Daz Studio.

Ivory for V4 - my version looks similar to Virtual_World's promotional render. i need to play with the lighting some more.

Boy_and_Ivory.jpg
    640 x 480 - 108K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

I went "deep freeze" diving again at rdna and found a few more cool items for aiko 3 i didn't have (I guess a good thing about getting into this stuff later, all this stuff is still new and interesting to me and fairly cheap )

the hair, character and clothing all what i picked up.(i did recolour the hair texture in gimp first though and used shaders on other items)
    I got a couple more things too but i haven't had a chance to test render them yet.

dixie-x-jpg.jpg
    1214 x 2000 - 474K
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited September 2013

My latest, a redo of an old render, but this time using Reality 3 for Poser. This is my first render using the plugin.

Title: Your Move - Redux

Your-Move-Redux.jpg
    1200 x 727 - 83K
    Post edited by TheWheelMan on
    edited December 1969

Cool renders folks!

CHEERS!

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    O yes, Poke-Away is sometimes overlooked, but can be used for some interesting sci-fi stuff too - here's a "battle bot" I did combining Genesis Bot, Outland Marauder, and Poke-Away to shrink the limbs & waist so that it was obvious it wasn't a guy in a suit...

That is seriously cool. I'll have to give that a whirl some time.. and here I thought my $1 was wasted. lol
  • TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Just a little render I did, experimenting with some things.

ElvenGirlMagic.png
    1040 x 931 - 793K
    edited December 1969

Very nice render there.

CHEERS!

edited October 2013

I was playing around with Real Paint for Daz Studio

Who has glossy walls? lol

edit: opps, I forgot to open the other door. I'll upload a new render soon. I also need to move the nightstand because it is right in front of the doors.

real_paint.jpg
    800 x 600 - 256K
    edited December 1969

Errant furniture aside, it's looking good so far.

CHEERS!

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

My very latest render to date. This render made use of 'Archard's Ossuary' and a few other things. Wasn't thinking of Halloween when I did this!

The_Despondent_Minstrel_1280x960.png
    1280 x 960 - 2M
    edited December 1969

That is so cool!

CHEERS!

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited October 2013

Thank you! :-)

Any renders of yours?

Post edited by K T Ong on
This discussion has been closed.